• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
The M4 is godly. Don't know if I could live without it.

I love how I run out of bullets on my M82 and the other guy is probably going HURHURHUR and then I pull out my M4 and kill him right when he's got me down to my last sliver of health.
KlintIndifference.gif

Raist

Banned
raYne said:
It's safe to assume that there's an even "better" auto-aim glitch/exploit out there now, right? And one that's far better than either the spam zoom or the shotgun exploits at that.

Great...

2nd dude could be just stat padding with a 2nd PS3/friend.
That's what the #1 dude in the rankings does, AFAIK

Cruzader

Banned
Holy shit! I just beat the game on Elite!!!! Fuck yea!!! :D

<not putting spoiler b/c if you care about KZ2, you would of gotten it already. Plus im pissed.>

All I got to say is that I fucking hate Rico. I hope GG makes him a bad guy in Killzone 3 so I can woop his ass. I think his so called "AI" is a game breaking bug and GG needs to fix that shit!! Only good buddy is Natko and his shotty headshots.

Well Like everyone knows Visari Palace is a bitch on Elite. I honestly think that the only reason ppls die too much is due to your dumbass AI crew. Seriously how hard is it for your AI partner to help you out? I kept dying due to all the douches hiding behind shit while I was the one pushing forward and getting gang raped.

One the last fight with Radec, Holy Shit. The first part is so fucking cheap as HELL. Not to mention you are alone on this fight due to Rico scratching his ass all the time. It took me like 15-20 mins to get through the first part. 2nd part where you go up the balcony was the easiest of the three. All you have to do is get the grenade launcher and wreck some havoc and when rocket guys arrive take the sniper, run back and forth while taking one at a time. 3rd part took me a good 20+ mins. All I ever did was shoot, hide and when he starts teleporting, run like a little biatch. You dont want to get a one hit kill knife attack. I know its the same tactic when you play on the easier difficulties but you literaly have to avoid him when he walks around, rambo style on your ass with his B.A.G. One small burst of that think and your dead. It probably took me longer than an hour and it wasnt fun either. I hope GG strays away from cheap boss fights as Liberation had them too.

One last thing, not sure if I mentioned it....FUCK RICO!

raYne

Raist said:
2nd dude could be just stat padding with a 2nd PS3/friend.
That's what the #1 dude in the rankings does, AFAIK
I hope so. Though it doesn't explain CrushDance's experience. *shrug*

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cruzader said:

<not putting spoiler b/c if you care about KZ2, you would of gotten it already. Plus im pissed.>

All I got to say is that I fucking hate Rico. I hope GG makes him a bad guy in Killzone 3 so I can woop his ass. I think his so called "AI" is a game breaking bug and GG needs to fix that shit!! Only good buddy is Natko and his shotty headshots.

Well Like everyone knows Visari Palace is a bitch on Elite. I honestly think that the only reason ppls die too much is due to your dumbass AI crew. Seriously how hard is it for your AI partner to help you out? I kept dying due to all the douches hiding behind shit while I was the one pushing forward and getting gang raped.

One the last fight with Radec, Holy Shit. The first part is so fucking cheap as HELL. Not to mention you are alone on this fight due to Rico scratching his ass all the time. It took me like 15-20 mins to get through the first part. 2nd part where you go up the balcony was the easiest of the three. All you have to do is get the grenade launcher and wreck some havoc and when rocket guys arrive take the sniper, run back and forth while taking one at a time. 3rd part took me a good 20+ mins. All I ever did was shoot, hide and when he starts teleporting, run like a little biatch. You dont want to get a one hit kill knife attack. I know its the same tactic when you play on the easier difficulties but you literaly have to avoid him when he walks around, rambo style on your ass with his B.A.G. One small burst of that think and your dead. It probably took me longer than an hour and it wasnt fun either. I hope GG strays away from cheap boss fights as Liberation had them too.

I agree, your teammate A.I. is ridiculous, the enemy A.I. is pretty good though but of course not perfect. If it had online/offline co op, it would've been a lot easier. Sometimes I just wanted to let Rico die there instead of saving him.

Rico's most memorable quotes:

"Somebody get me back.....in the fucking game"
"Awwwwwww somebody get me the fuck up"
"Help me motherfucker...NOW"

KZObsessed

Guerrilla you really have to fix the lag in some of these games (if that's possible)

We just had a 2v2 clan game, yes a 2v2 clan game and it was laggy as hell. You shoot them and then they die 3-4 seconds later. They walk through 3 C4's and survive when they weren't even Assaults.

RAGE!!

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
I love how I run out of bullets on my M82 and the other guy is probably going HURHURHUR and then I pull out my M4 and kill him right when he's got me down to my last sliver of health.
KlintIndifference.gif

:lol

It's awesome for the sniper too. When someone with a shotgun starts flanking me probably going HURHURHUR but I spot him and whip out my M4, move to the side and when he comes in BAM BAM and take him down with even getting hurt.
KlintIndifference.gif

Cruzader said:

The teammate AI needs to react to gunfire faster. They would stand behind cover, get shot (pushing them out of cover), then stand for 3+ seconds with non-stop gunfire on them.

Also give them some better accuracy, as of now they distract enemies more than they kill them.

I didn't find the AI through the game TOO bad, mostly its the ending but there is certainly room for improvement. I know GG can do it, the enemy AI is great.

Kittonwy

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
The teammate AI needs to react to gunfire faster. They would stand behind cover, get shot (pushing them out of cover), then stand for 3+ seconds with non-stop gunfire on them.

Also give them some better accuracy, as of now they distract enemies more than they kill them.

I didn't find the AI through the game TOO bad, mostly its the ending but there is certainly room for improvement. I know GG can do it, the enemy AI is great.

If Rico had AI like the bots on veteran he would wipe the floor with Radec.

Cruzader

Banned
Kittonwy said:
We are not saying it should be that good either but atleast help out instead of yelling something, taking cover, shooting 2 bullets, getting a full clip loaded onto him then yelling to revive which then the cycle continues. eh im done with SP but I hope KZ3 aint like this.(co-op might solve this issue in the future) We all know the enemy AI is really smart but when you have 4-5 rushing at you/taking cover/flanking you with Radec shooting straight at you with no help watsoever leads to me about to break my DS3.

Also need a guy to gets some badges. I need Air/C4/Melee/Repair so if anyone wants to work on those PM on PS3( CruzaderXL) to get this thing going.

Cruzader said:
Also need a guy to gets some badges. I need Air/C4/Melee/Repair so if anyone wants to work on those PM on PS3( CruzaderXL) to get this thing going.

How does that work? I'm down, some of those badges seem ridiculously hard, though you'll have to give me a couple of days to get my ranking up because I just started playing online yesterday. I'll add you to my PSN later (ThreeLeggedFreak)

.GqueB.

Banned
#1 All TiMe KiLLZoNe2. Dnt seNd Me ClaN iNV or FR, ill del TheM. LoNe WolF.

I hate to be the guy to say "man he needs to get a life" (because what people do with their lives is their business) but jesus... jesus.

I mean do some quick math and you see hed have to play roughly [Edit] 40 games a day.

[Edit] FORTY GAMES A DAY!!!

AnnSwag said:
well that kinda sucks, i really think this game could shine if co-op was added. single player is great but if multiplayer is so important, doesnt co-op fall under that category?

http://digg.com/u112UM

I don't give a shit about co-op, the SP was mediocre shit except for the vehicle sections, just focus on balancing/fixing the MP.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Rapping Granny said:
I don't give a shit about co-op, the SP was mediocre shit except for the vehicle sections, just focus on balancing/fixing the MP.

Is that coming with the DLC on the 30th?

Rapping Granny said:

The SP was good though frustrating at times because of dumb teammate A.I.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
You know what I kinda like playing 6-2 games or any game where I am heavily outnumbered. I think it is a great way to practice.

We need clan members to play on the same side more (no autobalancing on unless we're just practicing amongst ourselves), as much as it's fun to just clown around, we'll have more success if people actually know how their clanmates play and where to go, which role to play, how to back each other up, how many stays behind to defend a capture and hold location and how many would go secure another location, who goes on defense for search and retrieve and who are the lead carriers, etc, etc.

Cruzader

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
How does that work? I'm down, some of those badges seem ridiculously hard, though you'll have to give me a couple of days to get my ranking up because I just started playing online yesterday. I'll add you to my PSN later (ThreeLeggedFreak)
Im not sure ill ever do it again though. Teamed up with N1ghts and got some badges. Got melee out the way. Id advice you to find some 1 doing the same later down the line.

All of the guys on top of the leader board seem to play an ass of body count. Damn shame too, as the objectives make this game great. Of the top 5 players, I have more points in every category except Body Count.

What are the new game modes in the DLC pack coming? Is this... like one big Search and Destroy mission hopefully without Tactician spawn grenades?

"The second map, Vekta Cruiser, will find ISA troops boarding a vast ship with the goal to repel a force of assaulting Helghast troops while also protecting the cruiser itself from heavy Helghan fire. The action takes place entirely indoors in a frantic and claustrophobic battle where attackers lurk around every corner."

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Guerrilla you really have to fix the lag in some of these games (if that's possible)

We just had a 2v2 clan game, yes a 2v2 clan game and it was laggy as hell. You shoot them and then they die 3-4 seconds later. They walk through 3 C4's and survive when they weren't even Assaults.

RAGE!!

that's not possible, Guerrilla went the cheap and lazy way of p2p game hosting for the so-called PS3 best multiplayer game. There's a random host for clan games (maybe the first player entering the lobby) and you just have to put up with whatever connection the host has and trust his messenger sister or movies torrent dad, there's no hosting test as in Warhawk so even 56k can host 32p games, crazy and dumb shit.

Guerrilla Games are so naive, they knew lag was going to be a major issue but never hesitated to include a boost badge to make things worse (a laggy target is a pain for hit registration, why don't we make laggy targets twice faster instead just for the La - Li - Lu - Le - LOLZ!) and they even shrug at the idea of tweaking that... I think Sony invested in the wrong horse this time, the engine is awesome and all, but Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Incognito could have matched or surpassed the effort given the same resources, with a network setup and online features orders of magnitude better than this amateur effort Guerrilla has brought to the plate.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lince said:
that's not possible, Guerrilla went the cheap and lazy way of p2p game hosting for the so-called PS3 best multiplayer game. There's a random host for clan games (maybe the first player entering the lobby) and you just have to put up with whatever connection the host has and trust his messenger sister or movies torrent dad, there's no hosting test as in Warhawk so even 56k can host 32p games, crazy and dumb shit.

Guerrilla Games are so naive, they knew lag was going to be a major issue but never hesitated to include a boost badge to make things worse (a laggy target is a pain for hit registration, why don't we make laggy targets twice faster instead just for the La - Li - Lu - Le - LOLZ!) and they even shrug at the idea of tweaking that... I think Sony invested in the wrong horse this time, the engine is awesome and all, but Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Incognito could have matched or surpassed the effort given the same resources, with a network setup and online features orders of magnitude better than this amateur effort Guerrilla has brought to the plate.
This post is just insulting.

Raist

Banned
Kittonwy said:
We need clan members to play on the same side more (no autobalancing on unless we're just practicing amongst ourselves), as much as it's fun to just clown around, we'll have more success if people actually know how their clanmates play and where to go, which role to play, how to back each other up, how many stays behind to defend a capture and hold location and how many would go secure another location, who goes on defense for search and retrieve and who are the lead carriers, etc, etc.

You can also, you know, play tournaments :p

Lince: It's not regular P2P. Sure, there's lag, but it's far, far from being as shitty as it could be if it relied on classical P2P. Almost no one would be able to host a 8v8 game without people warping all over the place constantly. Want a true P2P game? Try Calling All Cars, you'll see :p And that's 4pl max and not exactly as demanding as KZ2.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
You can also, you know, play tournaments :p

Lince: It's not regular P2P. Sure, there's lag, but it's far, far from being as shitty as it could be if it relied on classical P2P. Almost no one would be able to host a 8v8 game without people warping all over the place constantly. Want a true P2P game? Try Calling All Cars, you'll see :p And that's 4pl max and not exactly as demanding as KZ2.

yeah KZ2 might have better optimized data information flow across peers helping the host to keep up, but as your partner last night said even in 2v2 games lag can be horrendous. That's the same player count as Calling all Cars :p

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
yeah KZ2 might have better optimized data information flow across peers helping the host to keep up, but as your partner last night said even in 2v2 games lag can be horrendous. That's the same player count as Calling all Cars :p

It was not horrendous. No warping or anythnig, which is extremely rare and is probably due to lag switchers. In this case, people move normally, but there's a huge delay on the kills. Or sometimes they don't even die. People surviving a shotgun shot + 'bout a dozen bullets in the chest/head AND a pack of 3 lovely C4, while not warping all over the place... I have no idea how this can happen.

Paging Tempy?

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
It was not horrendous. No warping or anythnig, which is extremely rare and is probably due to lag switchers. In this case, people move normally, but there's a huge delay on the kills. Or sometimes they don't even die. People surviving a shotgun shot + 'bout a dozen bullets in the chest/head AND a pack of 3 lovely C4, while not warping all over the place... I have no idea how this can happen.

Paging Tempy?

you're describing p2p lag right there my friend, poor or null hit registration due to packets not reaching the host (or the host connection busy with another stuff).

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
you're describing p2p lag right there my friend, poor or null hit registration due to packets not reaching the host (or the host connection busy with another stuff).

Yes, but a packet loss THAT bad should also induce some warping. And trust me, there was absolutely none.
Unless of course, these people are sutffing their DL rates with random crap, but have a perfectly normal upload rates, which AFAIK should make their position and shots register correctly, while your shots are lost in the limbo. But at the same time, you should appear as warping all over the place to them.

also, u fired

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Yes, but a packet loss THAT bad should also induce some warping. And trust me, there was absolutely none.

also, u fired

the game is plagued with micro stutter/warping in online multiplayer, just try offline skirmish and notice how smooth everything is, not to mention hit registration, try it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
Oh and Fersis has the sexy voice of a stallion.
@__@

Oh and Lince and the other guys talkign about net code, SCEI should get the net code from Insomniac and give it to every first party studio.
R2 net code is amazing, like 60 players and not noticeable lag.
(With tonz of explosions and stuff)
(And yes, 'in before' kittonwy says R2 suxxs and all that, we are talkin' about Net Code here)

Rolf NB

Kittonwy said:
All I wanted from Rico at that point was to stop following me around, stay put, fire at enemies. That way we could have flanked them, like the enemies do themselves. That Rico's AI keeps following whenever the player switches cover points is exactly the reason why he seems so useless at the end.

Cruzader

Banned
Lince you are a moron. Yes KZ2 aint perfect but saying Sony made a dumb investment in GG is the most retarted thing a 's.t' can say due to you not liking boosting. How bout you ban the class in your games??

Lince

Banned
Cruzader said:
Lince you are a moron. Yes KZ2 aint perfect but saying Sony made a dumb investment in GG is the most retarted thing a 's.t' can say due to you not liking boosting. How bout you ban the class in your games??

not dumb investment but maybe making sure the money was well spent in other areas apart from the rendering engine, specially online features... dedicated servers? party system? I don't know, just the typical features you'd expect in a triple A game.

Top Bottom