• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

gonna take GAFe's tip and start entering free tournaments so no pressure to make it, pretty cool system (i just started getting into it).

Not sure how they would show it better but there is some awesome clan tools that probably get overlooked real fast

icechai

FFObsessed said:
over 1 million sold worldwide :p

Oh and Lince wanted me to mention that he and I went 21 rounds unbeaten tonight across 3 games and that we are kings :lol

Almost 52,000 points he has and I 48,500. No one else higher?

*crowns Lince GAF King of KZ2*

takes crown off Lince and hands it to Click :D

KZObsessed

icechai said:
takes crown off Lince and hands it to Click :D

You have to be of noble blood, not a peasant.
Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

icechai said:
gonna take GAFe's tip and start entering free tournaments so no pressure to make it, pretty cool system (i just started getting into it).

Not sure how they would show it better but there is some awesome clan tools that probably get overlooked real fast

There's no way to actually search for clan games to subscribe to that's the problem. If you want a 4v4 you can't actually search for them, you have to just scroll through a big list with all the rubbish.

And yay I just reached the 200 hour mark
of wasting your life!

KZObsessed

Drac said:
I was there for a couple of round then my connec fucked up -_- Was fun getting my ass wiped by your shotgun and then kicking some asses at your side :lol My psn id was Doraku.

Just noticed that ^^ lolz

(neutral) Drac
Wipes his ass with a shotgun
(Today, 01:12 AM)
Reply | Quote

Perfect.

Dirtbag

Saw this in the NPD thread.
I find this incredibly shady.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173786

NPD Fallout: Killzone 2 Sales Deceptively Low in March said:
At first glance, the March NPD numbers seem unpleasant for the sales of Killzone 2. After debuting in fifth place of the software charts last month and slipping to seventh this month, one could get a gloomy picture of the PlayStation 3's killer app. But it's important to remember that the game was released on February 27, giving it only two days of sales for that month. Since game sales are front-loaded near their release dates and fall off considerably afterwards, a more accurate estimate of its first month sales would come from combining the February and March numbers. This brings the game up to 619,000 copies sold so far in the U.S. If placed that way in the March charts, this puts it in fourth place, just behind Halo Wars at 639,000.

Looking through this perspective, the sales for Killzone 2 seem much more positive, but there was still reason to expect higher numbers. Before the game was released, it was widely reported that European pre-orders for the game had reached 1.1 million. Oddly, tonight Sony announced (via Kotaku) that the game has sold over one million copies worldwide. It's a great milestone for the game and most publishers are happy to reach the million mark, but considering the pre-order numbers something seems off.

We know that about 600,000 of those million sales came from the U.S., so the remaining 400,000 in Europe isn't even half the pre-orders reported for that territory. It's possible that the early reports were mistaken, and instead referring to worldwide pre-orders. But that would mean that the game sold almost no copies that weren't pre-ordered. Alternately, those who chose not to pick up their pre-order copies could have been offset by regular purchasers. Still, maintaining a near-exact number seems strange.

Finally, last month we speculated on whether the game was a system seller for the PlayStation 3. We pointed out that it was hard to tell based on limited data, and there was valid reason for either conclusion. In light of the new March NPDs, it seems that the game didn't give Sony a significant bump for sales of its lead console.

All hardware sales dropped between February and March at around the same rate (with the exception of the Nintendo DS, which barely dropped at all). It's possible that the sales of Killzone 2 helped the PS3 from dropping further, and it's also possible that some sales lagged for a few days late in March due to price drop rumors. But as far as we can tell, neither factor made a large dent in the PS3 sales one way or another. Sony and Guerrilla are committed to supporting the game with downloadable content and the online community may give this game a long tail. We've contacted Sony for comment, so we'll let you know how they respond.

Wtf?

Dirtbag said:
Saw this in the NPD thread.
I find this incredibly shady.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173786

Wtf?
Sony manipulates data to their liking. News @ 10.

I'd really like to see Sony open up another budget-friendly marketing campaign for KZ2 this holiday....

-Drop the retail price to $40
-Add some kickass DLC (new classes, balancing, new maps....coop? Single Player add-on?)
-bundle w/ PS3
-hail it as "ultimate GOTY edition" or some shit.

Bam, you got a Killzone set for the holidays.

lunlunqq

good games tonight. joined the opposite team against GAF in the last game and won!!! it's fun to sniper some gaffers from time to time...:D :D :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lunlunqq said:
good games tonight. joined the opposite team against GAF in the last game and won!!! it's fun to sniper some gaffers from time to time...:D :D :D

Also helps that it's a lot easier to snipe as ISA on PR :p I despise that map.

Irnbru

Andronicus said:
ISA basically has view of the entire map from their base lol

True, but it's easier to get sniped while you're there, I like being up the top at the helgast base sniping as people run up over the hill down the long pathway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
vicktormerv said:
Really? I find it so much easier as Helgasht, if you know where to set yourself up, its soo easy.

You're crazy if you think the Helgahst have it easier on that map. You don't even have to leave your base if you're ISA.

jorma

is now taking requests
commish said:
You're crazy if you think the Helgahst have it easier on that map. You don't even have to leave your base if you're ISA.

Agreed. There's like 7-8 different spots either in or a few seconds from the ISA base where you can own everyone. On the helgan side there is one snipers view, and that is a death trap.

dalyr95

Hey, just started Warzone, leveled up to Medic! At the moment its icon overload, does anyone know a good online guide that explains all the icons, scoring system etc etc

Facism

I've come across a handful of players recently, where when i aim at them, my crosshairs get pushed off their player-models and down to the ground.

It's like anti-aim-assist. I hope it's not a new glitch :/

bovo

FFObsessed said:
over
Oh and Lince wanted me to mention that he and I went 21 rounds unbeaten tonight across 3 games and that we are kings :lol

That's (partly) because you were playing on a server with team balance switched off, and every time you started winning, everyone switched sides!

The last game i played was 12 versus 5, and the five only had two GAFe members, one of which was me and I can't shoot straight :lol

Drac

FFObsessed said:
Just noticed that ^^ lolz

(neutral) Drac
Wipes his ass with a shotgun
(Today, 01:12 AM)
Reply | Quote

Perfect.

Err how about no :lol ? Looking forward to wipe my ass tonight again, I really should buy a micro or something.
Have any of you received a complain for no apparent reason? Got one from some random dude after killing him fair and square (well I supose since you don't know who's the one complaining). Some people really don't like to lose :lol It's funnier when they just shout "FUUUUCK not this guy AGAIIIIIIN", I love inspiring fear.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Facism said:
I've come across a handful of players recently, where when i aim at them, my crosshairs get pushed off their player-models and down to the ground.

Got any more info on that?

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed are you ready for another KZ2 day? :D

yesterday we had such a blast, I'm looking at the tourney list right now and will post some interesting games in the GAFe clan thread.

Dever

Banned
Facism said:

Ah, I think I've had the same thing happen to me twice. Seems really rare though, considering how many hours I've played now.

careful

So from what Seb mentioned earlier this week, the patch list will be revealed today? Can't wait. A lot is riding on this patch..

Facism said:

definitely had it happen before especially with the m4. also had some guy taking advantage of it yesterday by standing on the siding on one of the staircases on helghast industries, he killed about 4-5 guys in a row and people were complaining that they couldnt aim at him cause their crosshair kept dropping down.

KZObsessed

bovo said:
That's (partly) because you were playing on a server with team balance switched off, and every time you started winning, everyone switched sides!

The last game i played was 12 versus 5, and the five only had two GAFe members, one of which was me and I can't shoot straight :lol

That was mostly due to people rage quitting :lol

You're not allowed to stay in the presence of King Lince for too long!

KZObsessed

Lince said:
FFObsessed are you ready for another KZ2 day? :D

yesterday we had such a blast, I'm looking at the tourney list right now and will post some interesting games in the GAFe clan thread.

Yeh sure :lol

Hilarious day yesterday, wont be able to play quite as much, need to get some work done finally :lol , but I'm sure we can have some great games. :p

Lince

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
definitely had it happen before especially with the m4. also had some guy taking advantage of it yesterday by standing on the siding on one of the staircases on helghast industries, he killed about 4-5 guys in a row and people were complaining that they couldnt aim at him cause their crosshair kept dropping down.

seems like my joke comment about hiring cheaters to test the game in-house @ Guerrilla HQ wasn't so far-fetched after all...

Exploit Zone !!

Lince said:
seems like my joke comment about hiring cheaters to test the game in-house @ Guerrilla HQ wasn't so far-fetched after all...

Exploit Zone !!
well the MP runs pretty flawless for me most of the time but they really need to work on removing the glitching out of map boundaries as currently its pretty easy to get out of every map. me and my cousin found about half the glitches on our own just jumping on objects during launch day:lol (in private games of course).

KZObsessed

Drac said:
Err how about no :lol ? Looking forward to wipe my ass tonight again, I really should buy a micro or something.
Have any of you received a complain for no apparent reason? Got one from some random dude after killing him fair and square (well I supose since you don't know who's the one complaining). Some people really don't like to lose :lol It's funnier when they just shout "FUUUUCK not this guy AGAIIIIIIN", I love inspiring fear.

I've received hate mail :lol

The whole nation of Italy targets Cagen, every time he kills an Italian it's just "Cagen, sei un pezzo di merda, bastardo. Vaffanculo!"

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The ragdoll physics continue to amuse me. During a game last night, Kittonwy died so I went to revive him, but his body was flailing around so fast in mid air I couldn't target him. :lol

Rolf NB

bovo said:

Yeah, that complete base clampdown on Helghan Industries was brutal. I've never switched classes so many times within a match but nothing ever worked against the incoming tides. Well, two or three acceptable long-range grenade throws, but that didn't change anything either.

I like autobalancing. I don't understand what's wrong about playing on opposing teams. As long as we're playing in the same game, we're still having fun together, right?

KZObsessed

When we jump into a game with auto-balance on we'll just play against each other no problem, but if its off we'll play on same team

The issue is, which I've stated many times, and CANNOT believe for the life of me why Guerrilla havn't done something about it yet, is you can't search for games with auto-balance on/off or FF on/off for that matter. It's ridiculous. Would make playing with friends a lot easier f you could.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
careful said:
So from what Seb mentioned earlier this week, the patch list will be revealed today? Can't wait. A lot is riding on this patch..

It's not the only patch planned. Some bugs and issues (...and features) have been split into multiple patches, rather than waiting ages for all of them to be done.

I think some of the patches will appease the hordes. Somewhat.

Lince

Banned
bcn-ron said:
I like autobalancing. I don't understand what's wrong about playing on opposing teams. As long as we're playing in the same game, we're still having fun together, right?

opposing teams for bodycount is good fun, but when trying to accomplish objectives you can't trust public games.

Facism

Tempy said:
Got any more info on that?

Sorry Tempy, no. I merely submitted Grief Reports on Cheating and Glitching. I'll keep an eye out if it happens again, submit reports and take names. I assume a post on the official forums would be the best course of action to report future issues?

Top Bottom