• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Rolf NB

lunlunqq said:
how to join the clan tourney? i looked through the menu and didn't see any option to join the game...
Lobbies come up 15mins before the start of the round. In the "events" tab in the clan menu, the game will show up as "ready to join" at that point, and you join it by pressing X, basically.

You should probably ask beforehand if it's okay to join. People don't like their spots on the roster being stolen away. Unless of course you see someone screaming in text-chat "Game starts in 40 seconds I'm all alone, join me now, anyone, please ARGH!".

lunlunqq

bcn-ron said:
Lobbies come up 15mins before the start of the round. In the "events" tab in the clan menu, the game will show up as "ready to join" at that point, and you join it by pressing X, basically.

You should probably ask beforehand if it's okay to join. People don't like their spots on the roster being stolen away. Unless of course you see someone screaming in text-chat "Game starts in 40 seconds I'm all alone, join me now, anyone, please ARGH!".

oh, ok. thanks. so basically there is only a 15-min window to join the tourney. it's just so easy to miss. i hope GG would implement some sort of sign-up system for the tourney in the future.

dazed808

bcn-ron said:
I think the story was that Cagen signed up for a 4vs4 tourney but didn't ask anyone to play with him and ended up alone in the game. Then he talked about some sort of plan b that would earn the clan 111k VP. Raist had the RAAAAAAAAAGEEE again, text-chat meltdowns and all. It was WEIRD.

Ah I see, I only saw the raging at the end so guessed it was a straight-forward team loss.

Rolf NB

lunlunqq said:
oh, ok. thanks. so basically there is only a 15-min window to join the tourney. it's just so easy to miss. i hope GG would implement some sort of sign-up system for the tourney in the future.
Weeeell, you have much more time to sign up for a tournament of course. But you have to be an appointed officer of your clan to do it.

Only the clan leader can appoint officers (Raist for GAFe, Kittonwy for GAFA).

AndyD

aka andydumi
Cagen said:
Could it have been "Jizz Pants"?

That was a game myself, FFO and Bacon (Bcn-ron) were playing in. Some guy called Jazzy-Jiaz was warping all over the place and generally being a tit so we named him, in a very juvenile way, Jizz Pants and went off on a hunt for him the entire game. Needless to say after the game ended he raged at me, said something about my mother and quit.

That was also the night Lince found a beautiful señorita in one of our games and tried to profess his love for her, her clan mate was getting rather irate at us.

I am pretty sure it was because of my PSN ID. They kept saying that then I would get killed, so someone was stalking me I think.

GAF games are so superior to normal games its uncanny. Also there's another clan, Nike I think that also plays very very well together. I was in a game full of them and they just destroy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
bcn-ron said:
Boost is a great secondary skill for a tactician or scout or engineer or sab or ...
I understand not liking assault, I always feel dirty when I play one (which isn't often). And yeah, you probably shouldn't purposely grind out boost ribbons, but you don't have to. Just experiment with adding boost onto another class. The ribbons will come naturally just from playing the game.

Unlike the #&@*%$ melee ribbons

Yeah, it takes about 5 minutes of game time, tops, to boost the required 10 times. Pick up a shotgun, turn on boost, and use that lagtastic bullshit advantage to get 3 kills before people even target you.

Speaking of shotgun, a friend was watching me play the other day, and he noticed that the shotgun bs that would get me so often. He then counted how many times I was killed by a shotgun in a match, and it was around 78% of my deaths that match. Hilarious. I fucking hate the shotgun. One hit kill noobs, get a real gun!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I need 4 Assassination Defend ribbons; what are the best places to hide in each level?

Also need 6 Air Support ribbons :/

commish

Tempy said:
So I need 4 Assassination Defend ribbons; what are the best places to hide in each level?

Hiding isn't the problem for me; it's actually being chosen to be the target! I was the target in the Market the other day in a 32 player map and it was a lot of fun because my team was intent on keeping me alive and the other team was hellbent on getting me (usually assassination ends in less than a minute). It was pretty intense, as we were tied 3-3 in a long game, so there were a lot of points on the line with the winner getting the multiplier. Every few seconds I'd see a red dot streaking toward me, someone with boost, and then he'd get snuffed out. I had about 15 kills myself, and died once. I hid in this crevice between 2 large containers, as it shielded me from most grenades (unless it landed at my feet) and it gave my teammates an open view of anyone advancing on our position. IMO the key is to allow yourself some room to maneuver, because if you are in a tight spot, one streaking suicide bomber with a grenade or rocket launcher can take you out pretty easily. My survival rate as the target is not too shabby using this method... but in the end, your teammates must protect you, and often in a public game, they won't.

careful

Too bad you can't be part of two clans.. :p
I have my 'friends' clan and our weekly games are cool and all, but those guys are not very active outside of that. I would've really liked to play with more serious players here.

Nizz

UntoldDreams said:
Ugh... Elite Radec... This isn't fun.
I'm on the balcony and end up overrun all the time.
I'm in the same situation. I'm at the point where the doors open for access to the balcony/second floor, but every time I get to the top, I get overwhelmed...

I unload a full clip from the Helghast assault rifle into the flamethrower guys and they'll double over in pain. But when I think they're about to go down, they shake it off and start burning me. I keep running back and forth from them and eventually take them out.

But as I try to start taking out the Helghast on the lower level, somehow a soldier always makes his way to the top. Even with me constantly looking left to right. Especially the sub-machine guys with the caps on...

It's really frustrating. I was thisclose to throwing my controller at my tv. I did throw it on the floor. I would load up the level, get to the second floor, die. Try again for another fifteen minutes, die. I go outside, smoke a cig, come back in. Same ol, same ol...

I think the worst parts for me on Elite were the Salamun Bridge level, some of Tharsis Depot, and most definitely where I'm at now. I got so pissed I just took the game out and popped in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (on dog difficulty ;) ). And Rico is absolutely useless...

McLovin

So.. what happened to all those PS3 price drop rumors a while back? Any truth to them? I have to buy a second ps3.. haven't been able to play Killzone 2 for the entire week :(

Guenther

fps fanatic said:
I'm in the same situation. I'm at the point where the doors open for access to the balcony/second floor, but every time I get to the top, I get overwhelmed...

I unload a full clip from the Helghast assault rifle into the flamethrower guys and they'll double over in pain. But when I think they're about to go down, they shake it off and start burning me. I keep running back and forth from them and eventually take them out.

But as I try to start taking out the Helghast on the lower level, somehow a soldier always makes his way to the top. Even with me constantly looking left to right. Especially the sub-machine guys with the caps on...

It's really frustrating. I was thisclose to throwing my controller at my tv. I did throw it on the floor. I would load up the level, get to the second floor, die. Try again for another fifteen minutes, die. I go outside, smoke a cig, come back in. Same ol, same ol...

I think the worst parts for me on Elite were the Salamun Bridge level, some of Tharsis Depot, and most definitely where I'm at now. I got so pissed I just took the game out and popped in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (on dog difficulty ;) ). And Rico is absolutely useless...
Basically, the knife is your friend. Take care of the flamethrower guys with the knife and then move on the the stairs left and right and watch for the guys with the cap and knife them down as well.

icechai

fps fanatic said:

use the knife a lot upstairs

CHRP718

Banned
McLovin said:
So.. what happened to all those PS3 price drop rumors a while back? Any truth to them? I have to buy a second ps3.. haven't been able to play Killzone 2 for the entire week :(
E3
BELIEVE

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
come on guys, still need one more!!!

I wuz asleep.
angry.gif

Atrus

Gold Member
Tempy said:

Assassination Defend- Find small assassination only games of 2-8 players. If you're lucky they'll allow for the Assault Class, which you'll pick even if they disable primary weapons. If no assault class, then combine boost with medic.

What I do is if I'm the target is hang back and wait for them to come to me. Radec academy library and theatre are great spots. Just stick to the stairs farthest away from the top floor entrance so you can see if anyone is coming from the top or the bottom. Then simply book it to the opposite side of the map using the alternate level from where the enemy approaches.

If he comes from the top, run on the bottom floor. If from the bottom, run through the top. Boost is to help kill others and heal from damage.

Air Support- Almost guarenteed a ribbon in 30 minute Warzone matches at Tharsis Depot and Corinth Crossing during search and destroy missions. Always try for no rocket matches because rockets will make the game last much longer than it needs to. Most 30 minute Warzones are really only about 45mins to an hour otherwise.

Atrus

Gold Member
fps fanatic said:

Fact: You can knife everything up until the second wave of Helghast troopers without problem. Knife the guy coming down on the right (but go up far enough to trigger Rico to run upstairs), then the left, then the soldier near Radec on the left, then the soldier near Radec on the right. Then run upstairs and knife all the flamethrowers.

From there you can camp the top right side stairs with a Helghan rifle and pick off all but 1 or 2 remaining soldiers. Then go back to where Rico and the weapon racks are, switch to the grenade launcher and use the pistol to kill the remainder to trigger yet another wave of guys who will make you think the ones you faced were easy.

At this part, you run to the left side of the balcony and toss cooked grenades when they cluster together as they drop to the main floor. Then wipe them up when they cluster at the steps to the second floor. The grenade launcher guys which come after are easily beaten with patience, just about any gun and an aural awareness of Radec's grenades at all time.

Then and only then do you get the checkpoint. When you do, you've essentially beat Elite since the next two tasks aren't as difficult.

Nizz

Thanks for the tips, Guenther, icechai, and Atrus. Sounds like the knife is my friend.

Atrus said:
From there you can camp the top right side stairs with a Helghan rifle and pick off all but 1 or 2 remaining soldiers. Then go back to where Rico and the weapon racks are, switch to the grenade launcher and use the pistol to kill the remainder to trigger yet another wave of guys who will make you think the ones you faced were easy.
This sounds painful! :lol

Cruzader

Banned
PLATINUM!!11!!!

Now that teh grindfest is over, gonna take a KZ2 break. Patches and DLC can wait. I wanna jump into warhawk/socom/lbp for a while.

j-wood

Nobody post this yet?

New Patch info - http://kotaku.com/5218661/next-killzone-2-patch-gets-more-hardcore

AI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.
AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
Campaign - Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.
Clan - User name, not users clan displayed in rankings
Clan - Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.
Controls - Lean & Peak - Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.
Cosmetic - Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.
Cosmetic - White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p
Create Game - "Badge Combination" option does not work properly
Create Game - Online - "clan only" presets apply even after a player leaves a clan
DLC - DLC pack 1 - 'Steel & Titanium' support DLC - New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.
Exploit - Helghan Industries - Player getting out of map fix.
Exploit - Radec Academy - User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.
Exploit - Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level
Exploit - Salamun Market - One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out
Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots
Feature - Invite player from friendslist Feature - Join Clan Member list added.
Feature - Join Game - 17-24 players filter.
Feature - MP - Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT
Feature - The radar/map now has a larger radius
Feature - Three additional 'Harcore' Ranks added to the top limits.

Front-end - Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament
Front-end - Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in 'Rankings'
Front-end - When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.
Mods - Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments
Mods - Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.
Network - Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.
Network - User is unable to use the 'Join Clan Member' tab due to Network Error Code 20002.
Online - File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.
Sound - Turret placing sound continues when killed.
Stability - Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle
Stability - Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.
Stability - Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist
Stats - If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.
Stats - Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.
Text - % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.
Text - If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a '$' character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked
Text - Minor Italian localization fix.
Text - Minor Japanese localization fix.
Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in
Trophies - Fix for Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely

New ranks :D
invite to game feature :D

Lince

Banned
Cruzader said:
PLATINUM!!11!!!

Now that teh grindfest is over, gonna take a KZ2 break. Patches and DLC can wait. I wanna jump into warhawk/socom/lbp for a while.

congrats man, I'll see you in warhawk / lbp.

Zen

Banned
One of these days I'm going to sit down and play nothing but Killzone 2 for an entire week, I want to get the 1% trophy out of the way.

Zen said:
One of these days I'm going to sit down and play nothing but Killzone 2 for an entire week, I want to get the 1% trophy out of the way.

looks like no 1% for me this week the extra 1k points i was going to pull today got cut short after 100 :(

commish

Zen said:

You definitely don't have to play "all week". I won't receive the 1% this week, but I made it the previous 3 or 4 weeks in a row and I definitely didn't play 10 hours a day, every day. I guess it also depends on how good you are...

Facism

only 210,000 players this week, so 2100 and below would be 1%.

luckily i was 1167 for the week, and i can shitcan KZ2 for a while now and get back into MGO now i got the 1%.

Irnbru

Facism said:
only 210,000 players this week, so 2100 and below would be 1%.

luckily i was 1167 for the week, and i can shitcan KZ2 for a while now and get back into MGO now i got the 1%.

Ah okay, I'm ranked 800 something for the week so its all good. :)

commish

Two things:

First, I finally used spot and mark. Seriously, sniping makes SO MUCH more sense now! It's awesome.

SEcond, I havent' unlocked my sniper medal yet, but I have access to the 5x scope. How?

Irnbru

commish said:
Two things:

First, I finally used spot and mark. Seriously, sniping makes SO MUCH more sense now! It's awesome.

SEcond, I havent' unlocked my sniper medal yet, but I have access to the 5x scope. How?

Did you get the wargod ribbon by a bug? Thats probably how

Top Bottom