• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

TheFatOne

For the guys who I played with sorry about leaving the last game. Static for some reason sets me off. I just get pissed when I have to listen to static from mics. It makes it hard to concentrate at least for me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheFatOne said:
For the guys who I played with sorry about leaving the last game. Static for some reason sets me off. I just get pissed when I have to listen to static from mics. It makes it hard to concentrate at least for me.

Mute them?

TheFatOne

Doesn't cure being pissed off >.<

EDIT: It was someone either on my team or the other team. I couldn't figure out who because several peoples mics were echoing, and at that point I was just starting to get really pissed.

Kittonwy

Banned
commish said:
Two things:

First, I finally used spot and mark. Seriously, sniping makes SO MUCH more sense now! It's awesome.

SEcond, I havent' unlocked my sniper medal yet, but I have access to the 5x scope. How?

LOLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

icechai

TheFatOne said:

aww you guys had more ppl too, happy i got a magnum on you before you left as you ran up in front of me :)

TheFatOne

icechai said:
aww you guys had more ppl too, happy i got a magnum on you before you left as you ran up in front of me :)

Yea once I get mad I play like shit. Plus it just isn't fun when you are aggravated. The games were competitive though. Except for the one game when it was 10 on 4. Hopefully we can do this more often.

lunlunqq

icechai, you were super hard to kill tonight. i had to shoot you a million times and then wait for 5 seconds before i can hear the chirp... :(

icechai

lunlunqq said:
icechai, you were super hard to kill tonight. i had to shoot you a million times and then wait for 5 seconds before i can hear the chirp... :(

you didn't have to wait when you became a sniper :p some games i feel like there's a little more lag or something and the recoil is greater, either that or its just me :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
commish said:
Two things:

First, I finally used spot and mark. Seriously, sniping makes SO MUCH more sense now! It's awesome.

SEcond, I havent' unlocked my sniper medal yet, but I have access to the 5x scope. How?

Glitchzone

commish

Fun games tonight gaf... until the teams would become unbalanced halfway through :p That first game on PR, Click and Andronicus were gonna strangle someone during the S&D defend when they were the only two up there defending. I (tigerheli) was across the way, guarding the bombs with a sniper rifle. I killed 7 planters before I had to reload, and then they got the plant :\ Then we blew the next two rounds and were down 0-3, before we snapped out of it and ran off 4 straight rounds for the win!

Schrade

commish said:
Two things:

I finally got my sniper medal but no 5x scope :( Gaahhhh. Makes me mad! I played a shitload this weekend trying to point up so I could at least get a 10% medal.

fps fanatic said:
I'm in the same situation. I'm at the point where the doors open for access to the balcony/second floor, but every time I get to the top, I get overwhelmed...

I unload a full clip from the Helghast assault rifle into the flamethrower guys and they'll double over in pain. But when I think they're about to go down, they shake it off and start burning me. I keep running back and forth from them and eventually take them out.

But as I try to start taking out the Helghast on the lower level, somehow a soldier always makes his way to the top. Even with me constantly looking left to right. Especially the sub-machine guys with the caps on...

It's really frustrating. I was thisclose to throwing my controller at my tv. I did throw it on the floor. I would load up the level, get to the second floor, die. Try again for another fifteen minutes, die. I go outside, smoke a cig, come back in. Same ol, same ol...

I think the worst parts for me on Elite were the Salamun Bridge level, some of Tharsis Depot, and most definitely where I'm at now. I got so pissed I just took the game out and popped in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (on dog difficulty ;) ). And Rico is absolutely useless...

When you get to the second wave, do NOT stay on upper level. Go to upper level, kill the flamethrowers, pick a grenade launcher and run down. Finish them downstairs. Run to the upper floor ONLY when the Rocket Launchers show up. Snipe them and once you see the cutscene, run and grab the launchers and kill em all with it. Rest should be simple.

commish said:
Fun games tonight gaf... until the teams would become unbalanced halfway through :p That first game on PR, Click and Andronicus were gonna strangle someone during the S&D defend when they were the only two up there defending. I (tigerheli) was across the way, guarding the bombs with a sniper rifle. I killed 7 planters before I had to reload, and then they got the plant :\ Then we blew the next two rounds and were down 0-3, before we snapped out of it and ran off 4 straight rounds for the win!

That was an awesome comeback! My wife came home drunk as hell, so I put her to bed and missed the first three rounds. When I joined, we just went down 0-3. Not saying it was me, b/c I didn't light the scoreboard on fire or anything, but we went 4-0 after I was able to get in and play! Awesome comeback!

GodofWine

Zen said:
Y'know 32 person death match on Radec is actually fun in a hyper counterstrike sort of way.

Having lost the 'fun factor' in this game over the last couple of weeks, I decided to be a 'rocket noob' last night and just blast people...its really good fun to boost across the courtyard and unleash rockets into the Helg. building...shitty play I know, but fun.

Is it safe / possible to discuss the falling online enrollment??

commish

cjtiger300 said:
That was an awesome comeback! My wife came home drunk as hell, so I put her to bed and missed the first three rounds. When I joined, we just went down 0-3. Not saying it was me, b/c I didn't light the scoreboard on fire or anything, but we went 4-0 after I was able to get in and play! Awesome comeback!

The first three rounds - S&D defend, assassination and c&h - were a complete disaster. I think everyone on our team was sniping but 2 or 3. Hell, even in bodycount, it was going absolutely terribly for the first half, then we just turned it on somehow. I'm not going to toot my own horn, but I did have a pretty good/lucky streak in bodycount to get us back even and then we edged them out. Then the route was on for RTF, S&D plant, and assassination defend (even those that idiot ran across the bridge - how a sniper didn't get him, I'll never know). Awesome game.

andycapps

cjtiger300 said:
One more thing! I much prefer this game with rockets of and no assault class. This game without boost is so much more fun.

Starting to agree here. The game is more tactical than most console shooters out there, and assault just throws a wrench into things.

Sorry I couldn't make any of the clan games this weekend. How'd GAFA do? I was gone during each of the games.

commish

cjtiger300 said:
One more thing! I much prefer this game with rockets of and no assault class. This game without boost is so much more fun.

Yeah, that's definitely my preferred setup. Assault and boost just seem to completely change the game when they are involved, and change it for the worse.

careful

cjtiger300 said:
You can still boost with other classes unless you disable badge combinations, but I've never seen anyone do that yet.

commish

careful said:
You can still boost with other classes unless you disable badge combinations, but I've never seen anyone do that yet.

I'm pretty sure if you ban the assault class, you take boost out completely.

oneHeero

Those games were fun for the most part last night but several times I just wanted to quit.

Teams were unbalanced most games. And than we have like gafa vs a bunch of randoms and like 2-3 gaf people. It may be even in teams but no where even in skill. I always choose opposite of gafa because I hate just running over teams, its boring to see 5-0 or 6-0 or 7-0. How the fuck is that fun? Lets just beat these guys so bad every round thats fun. I like competition, I like the thrill of a close game. the comebacks, the underdog win etc.

Thats why I will always pick opposite of gafa when you guys want to stick together, I'd love to play w/ you all the time but sht not if the games are going to be blowouts all the fucken time.

And fuck you Tigerheli, I remember that game on PR, not to toot my own horn, but I played every fucken job last night lol. I got us up on that S&D and threw spawns there and we started going for plants. Than bam bam bam bam kill after kill for Tigerheli. I yelled into my mic when you got me cuz I was so close.

thebishop, Thanks for sticking it out most games along with the others who sometimes picked the opposite team w/ me.

Tip for all tacticians on my team last night(like 1 other guy), spawn points face opposite of the way you drop them. Also be smart with where you drop the spawns, iot was very hard last night, we had horrible spawn points, and all of them were dropped and when you spawned you faced the wrong position.

GGs last night overall, hopefully GAFA snaps out of it and decides to even up the teams not only in players per team but in skill, spread the GAFA skill on both teams that way the battles are intense and fun, not blowouts and fast. I agree the setup for the games was very nice last night w/ no assault, but some of the modes were long, like S&D was like 10mins each round. S&R seemed short. But definitely one of the better games I played in option wise.

commish

careful said:
Really? What about badge combination?

That's still allowed. Just can't use boost with any primary. You can still use rockets with the soldier class, unless you specifically ban those as well.

DMeisterJ

Banned
GodofWine said:
Is it safe / possible to discuss the falling online enrollment??

I have no idea, but
it has fallen tons, I remember the second week it was out, I got the top 1% trophy for being in the top 4500 players (so 450k played that week) and this week, only the top 460 or so players got it, meaning only 46000 players this week. That's a huuuuuge drop. I hadn't noticed how low it had gotten over the past few weeks. x_x, hope the patch and DLC help this

Facism

DMeisterJ said:
I have no idea, but
it has fallen tons, I remember the second week it was out, I got the top 1% trophy for being in the top 4500 players (so 450k played that week) and this week, only the top 460 or so players got it, meaning only 46000 players this week. That's a huuuuuge drop. I hadn't noticed how low it had gotten over the past few weeks. x_x, hope the patch and DLC help this

?

There was 210,000 online this week. I got my 1% at rank ~1167.

Alf-Life

Need to wait until I move in 2 weeks to get this baby online, but wow... played a little SP on Friday and although whilst playing I was like "meh... nothing new"... I couldn't stop, and afterwards, kept thinking about how solid it was and how good it felt. :)

KZObsessed

DMeisterJ said:
I have no idea, but

smh

210,000 players this week, son.

icechai

oneHeero said:
Those games were fun for the most part last night but several times I just wanted to quit.

Teams were unbalanced most games. And than we have like gafa vs a bunch of randoms and like 2-3 gaf people. It may be even in teams but no where even in skill. I always choose opposite of gafa because I hate just running over teams, its boring to see 5-0 or 6-0 or 7-0. How the fuck is that fun? Lets just beat these guys so bad every round thats fun. I like competition, I like the thrill of a close game. the comebacks, the underdog win etc.

Thats why I will always pick opposite of gafa when you guys want to stick together, I'd love to play w/ you all the time but sht not if the games are going to be blowouts all the fucken time.

And fuck you Tigerheli, I remember that game on PR, not to toot my own horn, but I played every fucken job last night lol. I got us up on that S&D and threw spawns there and we started going for plants. Than bam bam bam bam kill after kill for Tigerheli. I yelled into my mic when you got me cuz I was so close.

thebishop, Thanks for sticking it out most games along with the others who sometimes picked the opposite team w/ me.

Tip for all tacticians on my team last night(like 1 other guy), spawn points face opposite of the way you drop them. Also be smart with where you drop the spawns, iot was very hard last night, we had horrible spawn points, and all of them were dropped and when you spawned you faced the wrong position.

GGs last night overall, hopefully GAFA snaps out of it and decides to even up the teams not only in players per team but in skill, spread the GAFA skill on both teams that way the battles are intense and fun, not blowouts and fast. I agree the setup for the games was very nice last night w/ no assault, but some of the modes were long, like S&D was like 10mins each round. S&R seemed short. But definitely one of the better games I played in option wise.

seemed pretty even to me except for 1 game (Helghast Industries). 2-3 GAFA's on another team = 1/2 the GAFA's playing. It was between 6-8 of us on last night.

oneHeero

icechai said:
seemed pretty even to me except for 1 game (Helghast Industries). 2-3 GAFA's on another team = 1/2 the GAFA's playing. It was between 6-8 of us on last night.
I dont think you were playing at the sametime I was. We had about 10+ gaffers at the time I was playing over several maps. I also quit right before Helghast Industries I hate that map and lots of ppl had left cj/me/etc. So maybe yhou played afterwards.

It was 10v10 but most games ended up 14v6 or 12v8 etc. Some games ended 1v-9 or 10v10 but for the most part it was unbalanced.

And when I mean we had 2-3 gaffers, I mean non GAFA gaffers, the ones I reconized were that LEMM guy and thebishop. Those are the only 2 ppl I had and sometimes I got Jardel and another gaffer. Other than that it was randoms.

Shit the last game we played it was 10v10 and 1 team had 8 gaffers the other team and me and thebishop. It was even 10v10, but we could easily split it up so games are close and intense and not just blowouts(we won the last game tho :p I think :\)

commish

oneHeero said:
I dont think you were playing at the sametime I was. We had about 10+ gaffers at the time I was playing over several maps. I also quit right before Helghast Industries I hate that map and lots of ppl had left cj/me/etc. So maybe yhou played afterwards.

It was 10v10 but most games ended up 14v6 or 12v8 etc. Some games ended 1v-9 or 10v10 but for the most part it was unbalanced.

And when I mean we had 2-3 gaffers, I mean non GAFA gaffers, the ones I reconized were that LEMM guy and thebishop. Those are the only 2 ppl I had and sometimes I got Jardel and another gaffer. Other than that it was randoms.

Shit the last game we played it was 10v10 and 1 team had 8 gaffers the other team and me and thebishop. It was even 10v10, but we could easily split it up so games are close and intense and not just blowouts(we won the last game tho :p I think :\)

We suspected that people on your team were quitting and then rejoining the game, but picking our team. Because the games would start out fair, but then become unbalanced halfway through. I don't know how we can prevent that. It's not like we wanted to play 14-6, and it's not as if we can switch teams halfway through, else I would have. Unbalanced teams suck for both sides.

commish

oneHeero said:

Yeah, that was fun. Like shooting fish in a barrel! :p I felt like I let my team down when you guys finally planted, though. No way you should have since I had clear, unimpeded shots at you. :\ Just a matter of ammo at that point.

oneHeero

commish said:
We suspected that people on your team were quitting and then rejoining the game, but picking our team. Because the games would start out fair, but then become unbalanced halfway through. I don't know how we can prevent that. It's not like we wanted to play 14-6, and it's not as if we can switch teams halfway through, else I would have. Unbalanced teams suck for both sides.
A couple games started unbalance like 11-9 o 12-10. I saw a couple people switch over a few times, but meh not much you can do about that, I mean yea I can join all GAFA but I seriously dont have fun just running over people.

Was fun nonetheless and I'll be on soon too.

DMeisterJ

Banned
FFObsessed said:
smh

210,000 players this week, son.

Oh that's weird, 'last week' actually means this week. Oh well, wasn't the first time I was wrong about something, lol. The over-arching point is that it has dropped tons, just not as much as I thought. (50-60% since launch). Anyways, can't wait for the DLC/patch, should liven things up.

commish

DMeisterJ said:
Oh that's weird, 'last week' actually means this week. Oh well, wasn't the first time I was wrong about something, lol. The over-arching point is that it has dropped tons, just not as much as I thought. (50-60% since launch). Anyways, can't wait for the DLC/patch, should liven things up.

Yeah, only 200,000 players. Pretty hard to find a match. If it drops below 200k, I'm quitting and selling my copy.

Ello

Any advice on how to beat the last stage on Elite? Will
Radek die if I use the sniper rifle and shot him from the balcony when he's on the other side? I mean before you meet him 1 on 1.

Irnbru

cjtiger300 said:

Hell yeah man! 10v10 no rockets no boost, man those were some fun ass matches

DMeisterJ

Banned
commish said:
Yeah, only 200,000 players. Pretty hard to find a match. If it drops below 200k, I'm quitting and selling my copy.

I think you're mis-understanding what I'm saying... The amount of players in the game is fine, me and the other user were simply having a conversation of how much it has fallen in the past few weeks. I'm not sure where I said it's hard to find a match, or that the game was any less good, or worthy of keeping for the player numbers falling. I was just surprised/perplexed that the numbers started falling so quickly after launch. Please don't try to turn what I said into some hit on KZ2... I own and love the game, even though I've been focusing on beating it on single-player again since my data got deleted by accident, I am going back to the MP once the patch/DLC hit so I can try out the new levels and such. So you can save the smart-ass-ness for someone who truly doesn't hate the game... I just happen to believe the game deserves better. It's people like you that give KZ2 fans a bad name I suppose. x_x

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Have they said what the 3 new ranks are?

Nope, just hardcore ranks or something like that. I hope they're not too high. I'm 8k-ish right now, I can't imagine the highest one being higher than 10 or 15k.

commish

DMeisterJ said:
I think you're mis-understanding what I'm saying... The amount of players in the game is fine, me and the other user were simply having a conversation of how much it has fallen in the past few weeks. I'm not sure where I said it's hard to find a match, or that the game was any less good, or worthy of keeping for the player numbers falling. I was just surprised/perplexed that the numbers started falling so quickly after launch. Please don't try to turn what I said into some hit on KZ2... I own and love the game, even though I've been focusing on beating it on single-player again since my data got deleted by accident, I am going back to the MP once the patch/DLC hit so I can try out the new levels and such. So you can save the smart-ass-ness for someone who truly doesn't hate the game... I just happen to believe the game deserves better. It's people like you that give KZ2 fans a bad name I suppose. x_x

Oh yeah, people like me are definitely the ones who give KZ2 fans a bad name. :\ Us people who just play the game and enjoy it without bringing sales-age type shit, without the dumbest aspect of GAF, into it. 46,000 players, eh?

DMeisterJ

Banned
commish said:
Oh yeah, people like me are definitely the ones who give KZ2 fans a bad name. :\ Us people who just play the game and enjoy it without bringing sales-age type shit, without the dumbest aspect of GAF, into it. 46,000 players, eh?

Ehm, my post was about the online players of the game falling, which like I said, should be fixed by the patch/DLC because lots of people (myself included) are not to keen on playing with glitchers, and people getting outside of the map and such. Which is what I said. It had nothing to do with sales of the game. You seem to be on the defensive of this game for no reason, when all I'm saying is that the MP problems may be turning people off from MP, and hopefully the patch will fix it, because MP is really fun when not playing with glitchers and the like. Please chillax.

Firewire

Banned
So we are back to "Oh my god, the sky is falling" bullshit again. The game is awesome, who the fuck cares about how many people are playing it in any one week.

Top Bottom