• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
Lord Phol said:
Is this game really THAT fun? :eek:
How's the online community, many people still playing?
Just making sure this doesen't turn into another Unreal 3, if I am to make an investment!

Best FPS I've ever played even since the beta.
Indifferent2.gif

Unreal 3 was a fucking joke, online was incredibly broken.

Dirtbag

Kittonwy said:
Best FPS I've ever played even since the beta.
Indifferent2.gif

Unreal 3 was a fucking joke, online was incredibly broken.

Totally off-subject, but what the fuck happened with Epic's ability to deliver a complete online MP experience? They clearly have trouble with peer to peer on consoles (Gears series), but even beyond that they just can't seem to recapture their past success. The quality deciine has been pretty noticeable to me. Sure graphically they are banannas, but so what.

You want to complain about game balances and glitches, try an Epic game. Even going past that, they just haven't delivered a real addicting adversarial MP game in a while.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lince said:
I'm not good at the game, but we should never have to die in such cheap ways, assault/boost/shotgun and 100% invisible snipers with the ability of scanning the map for enemies (even saboteurs) need tweaking.
Scout's are not over-powered, imo. Scouts are not 100% invisible, their shadow can give them away (like MGO's Sneaking mission with Snake). Some people were complaining how cheap sabs were, so we have spot and mark which helps your team spot sabs (if they pay attention to their radar). But I think there should be a limit to how many players can play as Scouts.

Sniper rifle should be available to rifleman. :D

Assault is over-powered, no question about it, take away double health, give it to rifleman.

They should create a multiplayer mode where every death adds one second to your respawn time. Once people die more than 5 times the motivation to not be so incredibly suicidal would probably kick in.

Then again, maybe they will just say "this game sucks" and quit playing?
Oh well...

Dirtbag

UntoldDreams said:
They should create a multiplayer mode where every death adds one second to your respawn time. Once people die more than 5 times the motivation to not be so incredibly suicidal would probably kick in.

Then again, maybe they will just say "this game sucks" and quit playing?
Oh well...

Interesting idea.
The penalty would have to be clearly stated when you die, boldly. So people understood there was a dying penalty, and not that the game was inconsistent.

thelastword

Banned
Lince said:
I'm not supporting this shitty developer anymore, overreacting maybe but I really feel Guerrilla is laughing at me with all this stuff that they struggle to fix or even admit it needs fixing.
Who are you? Seriously WHO ARE YOU? I have never witnessed someone so persistent on negativity. All this whining and bitching serves nothing in end. All it does is aggravate and grate on the nerve of folk who read this forum/thread. I can't believe for one second that you want this game to get better through this assanine approach.

Guerilla are NOOBS, THEY SUCK, is pretty much the gist of your posts, Killzone MP sucks, at least this is what I'm getting from your posts. MY advice then, is to leave KZ2 MP the fuck alone, sell the game and live happily ever after.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:

And it comes with new trophies it seems.

Someone posted the list in the comments:

Wasteland Medic (Bronze)
Revive 5 allies in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Engineer (Bronze)
Repair 5 objects in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Tactician (Bronze)
5 allies spawn on your spawn grenade in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Saboteur (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while disguised in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Scout (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while cloaked in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Assault (Bronze)
Boost 5 times in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Cruiser Medic (Bronze)
Revive 5 allies in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Engineer (Bronze)
Repair 5 objects in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Tactician (Bronze)
5 allies spawn on your spawn grenade in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Saboteur (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while disguised in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Scout (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while cloaked in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Assault (Bronze)
Boost 5 times in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Dirtbag

thelastword said:
Who are you? Seriously WHO ARE YOU? I have never witnessed someone so persistent on negativity. All this whining and bitching serves nothing in end. All it does is aggravate and grate on the nerve of folk who read this forum/thread. I can't believe for one second that you want this game to get better through this assanine approach.

Guerilla are NOOBS, THEY SUCK, is pretty much the gist of your posts, Killzone MP sucks, at least this is what I'm getting from your posts. MY advice then, is to leave KZ2 MP the fuck alone, sell the game and live happily ever after.

Lince needs the boot. He really is the equivalent of xxJuicesxx from the halo thread, they pegged it.

Rolf NB

I've been thinking about what could be done about boost without making it completely redundant, and my idea is thusly:
Make it not heal but actually drain health; make it provide damage resistance instead of healing. Say, over one activation of boost, you'd lose half a health bar, but all damage you take would be cut down to a third while under the effect (plus faster movement). Thus you'd have to use it at the right time (activate immediately before an encounter) to make it beneficial. If you boost "just in case" and it wears off without you entering a firefight, you've wasted/spent half a health bar for the benefit of moving faster across the map.

Damage resistance should only apply to health, not armor.

Speaking of which, assault armor should be halved as well IMO.

Dirtbag

bcn-ron said:
I've been thinking about what could be done about boost without making it completely redundant, and my idea is thusly:
Make it not heal but actually drain health; make it provide damage resistance instead of healing. Say, over one activation of boost, you'd lose half a health bar, but all damage you take would be cut down to a third while under the effect (plus faster movement). Thus you'd have to use it at the right time (activate immediately before an encounter) to make it beneficial. If you boost "just in case" and it wears off without you entering a firefight, you've wasted/spent half a health bar for the benefit of moving faster across the map.

Damage resistance should only apply to health, not armor.

Speaking of which, assault armor should be halved as well IMO.

I think removing a regular sprint from any character that equips the badge would probably fix it. Wonder if anyone would still use boost.
Or at the very least, a heavy cooldown period on regular sprinting again, after boosting.
Something noticeable.

Lince

Banned
thelastword said:

:lol don't take it so seriously, it doesn't matter who I am, I'm just a regular player like everyone else that loves the game when I happen to find the perfect settings with friends (GAFe/GAFa), the problem is how hard is to find the aforementioned "perfect" games these days.

on a related note? who are you? :lol

more trolling: so 6$, splitting the already alienated user base is great Guerrilla, way to go.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Further tweaks to controls (deadzone and stuff) are coming with the next patch (not the 1.24 one).

I'm glad they are investigating the spawn grenade issue.

So Seb says in one of his replies on SCEA forums.

edit: also rules out any chance of a coop mode. Be it in campaign or online a la Horde.

Kittonwy said:
Some people who use the shotgun are always at the top of the scoring board, it just depends on the individual, a lot of people don't know how to use each class correctly, you can rack up an impressive number of kills during search and destroy missions, especially when defending. I find that engineers can get a TON of kills just because of how much damage a shotgun can inflict as well as the turrets.

*edit cant reveal the secret combo lol

Lince

Banned
Dirtbag said:
Lince needs the boot. He really is the equivalent of xxJuicesxx from the halo thread, they pegged it.

seriously, who are you? :lol
now we are all back-seat mods? give me a break, you have the right to discuss everything that's great in the game, let me talk about what's no so great ok?

peace

BeeDog

6$?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hopefully it has a price for 3 months, then goes to Freeville. Sony-related devs (or most likely Sony "it"self) are so damn stupid to never make map packs free, and I truly hope they break that trend with this map pack eventually.

No_Style

TTP said:
Further tweaks to controls (deadzone and stuff) are coming with the next patch (not the 1.24 one).

edit: also rules out any chance of a coop mode. Be it in campaign or online a la Horde.

Good to read this. Not quite sure why they need to invest more time into tweaking the controls. Any news on server list filters and info viewing improvements?

Dirtbag

Lince said:
seriously, who are you? :lol
now we are all back-seat mods? give me a break, you have the right to discuss everything that's great in the game, let me talk about what's no so great ok?

peace

Don't test me son.

and seriously dude:

I'm not supporting this shitty developer anymore, overreacting maybe but I really feel Guerrilla is laughing at me with all this stuff that they struggle to fix or even admit it needs fixing.
that's embarrassing.

Firewire

Banned
Day 1 for the map pack, can't really complain about $6.

I'm glad GG is looking into the spawn grenade stuff, its easily the thing that irritates me the most.

TheFatOne said:
More like 6 bucks for one map :(

I take it you don't like the train map?

Nizz

TTP said:

More tweaks? Hmmm....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
No_Style said:
Good to read this. Not quite sure why they need to invest more time into tweaking the controls. Any news on server list filters and info viewing improvements?

They are working on those as well. Also looking into options to lock out foreign players from games (ie: no USA dudes in EU matches)

Lince

Banned
Dirtbag said:
that's embarrassing.

yeah I can't believe a developer like GG dropped the ball like that, I wouldn't go that far to call it embarrassing, just some amateur mistakes. They'll learn... dude.

Dirtbag

fps fanatic said:
More tweaks? Hmmm....

tweaking the deadzone this late in the game is kind of a whatever for me. I've now acclimated to their system, and I think the damage has already been done in the form of demo downloads/word of mouth by now. What I do think needs fixing is the balance / magnetism between hip-firing and shouldering. Huge inconsistency there. HUGE.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lince said:
cheat.jpg

God of Killzone 2 found? I mean, it can't be some kind of serious cheating two months after the game hit the street? or could it be? nah, it can't be, high-profile fps don't have these issues for 50 days... he must be Killzone 2 God indeed.

Whine, whine. If you check the changes in the upcoming patch there are some exploit fixes. There's also some other stuff coming soon, but frankly I don't think you can wait that long.

Oh, try complaining in the official forums, that's what it's there for.

Lince

Banned
Tempy said:
Oh, try complaining in the official forums, that's what it's there for.

I have lots of complains there, it seems you don't read that either.

PSN: Lince_SPAIN

search for: assault / boost / glitching / cheating / p2p lag / party system / joing game filters / tourney list filters

basically I've complained there for the same reasons here, next time try to look for my posts there before you come here with such reply, thanks.

Tempy said:
but frankly I don't think you can wait that long.

I can wait, the use of the word "long" is interesting though, the game's been out for 2 months already, how long are we talking here to have a somewhat user-friendly experience for joining games or the clan system ?

peace

GodofWine

BeeDog said:

2 maps is not equal to 10% of the cost of this game. I'd pay $1 per following fix first:

1. Steady 30fps
2. reduced lag
3. Fixed class / weapon balance
4. Fixed spawn grenades
5. better controls (sorry control lovers, they are still not 'OMG perfect')
6. Party system

BUT - if this upcoming patch (and the next one thats rumored) starts to address these things, I'll consider buying the maps at a later date.

(but the train map looks so cool....)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:

search for: assault / boost / glitching / cheating / p2p lag / party system / joing game filters / tourney list filters

basically I've complained there for the same reasons here, next time try to look for my posts there before you come here with such reply, thanks.

peace

Uh-oh. It's on.

Arnie

bcn-ron said:
That -ARNIE- guy has to be an elaborate troll/failed sarcasm, right?
Why becuase I have an opinion that isn't identical to yours. I was more active in this thread than you pre release, trust me I was uber excited for this game. It was once I played the game for more than 2 weeks, that its novelty wore off and for me personally the gameplay couldn't keep me hooked. Sorry to shatter your dreams. I love multiplayer shooters, that is my favourite genre and unfortunately this game wasn't as strong as I had hoped in that area. I reiterate however that I thought the singleplayer was fantastic, I even persisted through the final fight to get the Elite trophy.

TheFatOne

Firewire said:
Day 1 for the map pack, can't really complain about $6.

I'm glad GG is looking into the spawn grenade stuff, its easily the thing that irritates me the most.

I take it you don't like the train map?

I think it's ok just not my thing. It looks really cool but I prefer more open levels. I'm still buying it though. Who knows maybe it will grow on me.

Firewire

Banned
Lince said:

I can wait, the use of the word "long" is interesting though, the game's been out for 2 months already, how long are we talking here to have a somewhat user-friendly experience for joining games or the clan system ?

peace

If you have so many complaints do us all a favor and ditch the game.

Cruzader

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Those maps should be free.
Why is that? Is it since you were lead to believe they were free? Like what the "tea baggers" are doing? Complaining w/out knowing the reason? Get over it. In 2 weeks, you nor the complainers cant save 6 bucks? really?

TheFatOne

Rapping Granny said:
I think it's still ranks.

Sweet

Cruzader said:
Why is that? Is it since you were lead to believe they were free? Like what the "tea baggers" are doing? Complaining w/out knowing the reason? Get over it. In 2 weeks, you nor the complainers cant save 6 bucks? really?

Because 6$ for 2 maps is ridiculous.

Top Bottom