• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
$6 dlc? A bit higher than I would have asked, but hey, it's the publisher who sets the prices. I'd prefer it to be free, although it did require work after the main game was finished (no it's-on-the-disc antics). Sure, it shares similar themes and assets from the single player campaign, but it's obviously a different layout.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the maps in the first MP map pack. The ones in the retro map pack are a lot of fun though; I hope that one's free.

Nizz

Dirtbag said:
tweaking the deadzone this late in the game is kind of a whatever for me. I've now acclimated to their system, and I think the damage has already been done in the form of demo downloads/word of mouth by now. What I do think needs fixing is the balance / magnetism between hip-firing and shouldering. Huge inconsistency there. HUGE.
I've always wondered about this. Sure, most people here in the thread have access to online so that we can instantly receive these updates/tweaks. But I'd guess there's plenty of people who don't have their PS3's connected online.

I just think that maybe some people who aren't connected and bought/rented the game and didn't feel comfortable with the controls would feel a lot more comfortable with them post 1.20. Would be cool if people who weren't connected could go somewhere and maybe d/load the update onto a usb drive or something. I don't know...

Killzone 2 Tournament

kz_1.jpg

kz_4.jpg

kz_6.jpg

kz_5.jpg

kz_14.jpg

kz_28.jpg

kz_7.jpg

kz_27.jpg

kz_top2.jpg

Video inside.

Crackers

Neo Member
Tempy said:
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the maps in the first MP map pack. The ones in the retro map pack are a lot of fun though; I hope that one's free.

Tempy, do you know when the retro map pack might be out? Thanks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tempy said:
$6 dlc? A bit higher than I would have asked, but hey, it's the publisher who sets the prices. I'd prefer it to be free, although it did require work after the main game was finished (no it's-on-the-disc antics). Sure, it shares similar themes and assets from the single player campaign, but it's obviously a different layout.

Any idea how DLC affects those who didn't buy it? What happens when you try to join a game with maps you don't own in the rotation? I guess you get a "no-no" message right?

commish said:
That gun is insane. The more I use it, the more I realize how ridiculous it can be in the hands of a skilled player. I'm not that good with it, but I've seen people who are and it's pretty funny.

Ive seen someone get a headshot on a sniper from across a bridge one time. I can not wait to finally get that gun.

Lince

Banned
Firewire said:
If you have so many complaints do us all a favor and ditch the game.

harsh... why? I've stated several times I have too much fun in Killzone to just quit it, I just need playing with friends (GAFe) with the right settings.

I really can't understand this "if you don't agree with the general consensus then please leave the place already" attitude some of you guys are showing towards me. If I can't discuss my thoughts or feelings no matter how wrong or right they are in this thread/forum, where else should I go? I was the first one to support the flood of gifs and acclaimed every aspect of the single player campaign, I've been supporting the GAFe clan everyday doing my best since day one, I don't know what more should I do to make my opinions more "legit", I'm not here to convince anyone, just to express myself.

peace

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lince said:
I have lots of complains there, it seems you don't read that either.

PSN: Lince_SPAIN

search for: assault / boost / glitching / cheating / p2p lag / party system / joing game filters / tourney list filters

basically I've complained there for the same reasons here, next time try to look for my posts there before you come here with such reply, thanks.

I can wait, the use of the word "long" is interesting though, the game's been out for 2 months already, how long are we talking here to have a somewhat user-friendly experience for joining games or the clan system ?

peace

If you've complained there already, why are you still complaining here over and over again? It does get tiring.

Look, I don't even work on the multiplayer part. I'd send you the e-mail of the persons responsible, but looking at the constructiveness of your criticisms, you'd quickly land in the Junk filter.

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't think many (or any) of us have a problem with your complaints even if we don't agree with all or any of them, but you just say the same thing ad nauseam. It's so dull. You really should just take Tempy's advice and stick to posting the complaints in the official forums because as far as I am aware there are only two Guerilla guys interacting in the thread and they don't seem to be involved with the multiplayer portion of the game, so you're wasting your time.

Dirtbag

fps fanatic said:
I've always wondered about this. Sure, most people here in the thread have access to online so that we can instantly receive these updates/tweaks. But I'd guess there's plenty of people who don't have their PS3's connected online.

I just think that maybe some people who aren't connected and bought/rented the game and didn't feel comfortable with the controls would feel a lot more comfortable with them post 1.20. Would be cool if people who weren't connected could go somewhere and maybe d/load the update onto a usb drive or something. I don't know...

Games don't just get sharply more popular all of sudden, especially during the approaching summer months, and then the new fall games. this game does not have the kind of word of mouth hype at all that it would need, there is no sustained excitement over it being the 'it' game of the ps3. It hasn't really taken that crown yet, and I just don't think it will.

Lince

Banned
Tempy said:
you'd quickly land in the Junk filter.

harsh, if you take the time to actually read all my posts before replying you'll find lots of (wrong or right) ideas and suggestions. I can't believe you're not being more open minded here, you just seem to go with the "let's ban Lince for he's not adoring multiplayer" flow.

Kuroyume said:
I don't think many (or any) of us have a problem with your complaints even if we don't agree with all or any of them, but you just say the same thing ad nauseam. It's so dull. You really should just take Tempy's advice and stick to posting the complaints in the official forums because as far as I am aware there are only two Guerilla guys interacting in the thread and they don't seem to be involved with the multiplayer portion of the game, so you're wasting your time.

you have a point, it really seems like no one is interested in discussing these issues, it's just some "I agree" or "fuck off" one-liner comments. No more whining here, promise.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
TTP said:
Any idea how DLC affects those who didn't buy it? What happens when you try to join a game with maps you don't own in the rotation? I guess you get a "no-no" message right?

I have no idea; I'm afraid to even ask.

Dirtbag

Lince said:
harsh, if you take the time to actually read all my posts before replying you'll find lots of (wrong or right) ideas and suggestions. I can't believe you're not being more open minded here, you just seem to go with the "let's ban Lince for he's not adoring multiplayer" flow.
even if you are totally correct, your delivery method is flawed.
You are learning an important life lesson, luckily for you its been taught with the modest consequences of your opinion on a video game. Embrace this moment.

Tempy said:
I have no idea; I'm afraid to even ask.
:lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lince said:

They're valid criticisms; you just won't get people motivated to fix them, or even listen to them, when you bring it the way you do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lince said:

you have a point, it really seems like no one is interested in discussing these issues, it's just some "I agree" or "fuck off" one-liner comments. No more whining here, promise.

Look, you're just being annoying with your incessant complaining, especially because you say the same shit EVERY TIME. We already know what problems you have with the game. I don't understand why you think, by saying "but i still love the game!", that gives you a free pass to be annoying. It doesn't. Your issues and ideas have been duly noted, and we appreciate your comments! No need to repost the same things everyyyyyyyyyy dayyyyyyyyyyyyy. Your negativity just drags things down. Why not go post your thoughts on the official forums? If you really want to get things changed, wouldn't that make more sense?

It's not that you don't "adore MP", it's how you say your complaints, how frequently, and how annoying it all adds up to be. I can't believe that you really think ppl are saying things about you because of your comments in and of themselves. Nothing you posted, not a single thing, hasn't been said since February. We know. Now give it a rest ffs.

GodofWine

TTP said:

It doesn't feel like run of the mill lag to me.

Edit - Its not like BAD lag...just more than I've seen in COD for example...I think its just the level of graphics cramping things up a tad bit more or something.

Lince

Banned
Tempy said:
They're valid criticisms; you just won't get people motivated to fix them, or even listen to them, when you bring it the way you do.

you're right, sorry. I'll play some games later tonight with the GAF regulars and I'll forget everything as soon as we find / create a good and well balanced game.

thanks for the info you bring in here anyway !

commish

TTP said:

I'd have to guess that there's a filter - expansion pack or no expansion pack. Well, not xp, I mean map pack, I guess. Regardless, it's no different than any other game with a map pack/expansion pack, whether it is wowhawk, COD 4, etc. The player base necessarily gets smaller with each revision.

commish

DMeisterJ said:
Definitely does not feel like that to me.

I've never had an online FPS with this death delay crap. Besides KZ2. It's gotten to the point where I'll pump some bullets into a guy, he'll still be up, but I'll assume he's dead and that lag is the reason he's still up. So I'll move on, only to have him shoot me in the head. The alternative is to keep shooting and make myself a huge target for anyone else in the area. :\ is there a hidden lag meter for servers that I'm not seeing?

DMeisterJ

Banned
commish said:
I've never had an online FPS with this death delay crap. Besides KZ2. It's gotten to the point where I'll pump some bullets into a guy, he'll still be up, but I'll assume he's dead and that lag is the reason he's still up. So I'll move on, only to have him shoot me in the head. The alternative is to keep shooting and make myself a huge target for anyone else in the area. :\ is there a hidden lag meter for servers that I'm not seeing?

Yep. Headshots seem to work quicker though, I guess because you're sure they're dead... It's crazy though, I have no idea why it's there.

test_account

XP-39C²
SolidSnakex said:
Looks nice i think :) I am looking forward to try out the new maps :) The price is ok i think, but i hope that many people buys this map pack. When i bought the Resistance 2 map pack, there werent really that many people who were playing on the new maps. The map pack for Resistance 2 came out several of months after the game first came out though, so i dont think it will be the same case with Killzone 2 :)

TTP said:
And it comes with new trophies it seems.

Someone posted the list in the comments:
Ah, nice to see that they will add some new trophies to Killzone 2 as well :)

Cruzader

Banned
Some guys posted this on the PSblog:

"Come on folks pick up the pack(and yes Neogaf… Lince is trolling your thread over there."

Damn, they are asking fo blood!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DMeisterJ said:
Yep. Headshots seem to work quicker though, I guess because you're sure they're dead... It's crazy though, I have no idea why it's there.

It's lag man. Simple, heavy lag. I'm speechless at Seb comment on the issue. I mean, you can't call it meaningless. Hopefully some of the GG netcoders knows his shit better than the overlooking producer and is working on a fix.

morlock

DMeisterJ said:
In a game like COD4 you are sometimes ahead of time and got shot in the present because the other guy shoots you where you were. Often resulting in you rounding a corner and 5 meters in you die... In this situation you have a hard time killing the other guy becouse you are constantly shooting at where he was.

In this game you kill a guy and sometimes he dies at a delay, but you still kill him. Sometimes he kills you aswell.

The former is frustrating and the latter is annoying and I pick the latter everyday of the week.

IMO. :)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cruzader said:
Some guys posted this on the PSblog:

"Come on folks pick up the pack(and yes Neogaf… Lince is trolling your thread over there."

Damn, they are asking fo blood!

:lol :lol :lol :lol GAF is everywhere.

TTP said:
It's lag man. Simple, heavy lag. I'm speechless at Seb comment on the issue. I mean, you can't call it meaningless. Hopefully some of the GG netcoders knows his shit better than the overlooking producer and is working on a fix.

But how does that work if the rest of the game isn't laggy? Or is the whole of MP really laggy and we just don't know? It seems weird if you have a non-laggy game, and the kills are still laggy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
DMeisterJ said:

I'm no coder, but it's probably some system which goes awry because of lag and doesn't handle hit registrations on time or something. Probably something that requires a complete rewrite to fix properly. But then again, it was there during the betas.

God, I really hope they've tested the upcoming train level with high lag. Imagine thinking you're safe to make the jump to the other train, only to get whacked by an incoming pillar you never saw coming.

test_account

XP-39C²
Dirtbag said:
I haven't played in a few days now, the last time I played I turned off the ps3 pissed off. That's not why I play games.
Because of that someone glitched? If so, it sucks when that happends indeed :\ I have also turned off my PS3 sometimes in anger, but not in Killzone 2 i think, but in Metal Gear Online. Not because of lag or glitches though (not from what i can remember at least), but if i got killed alot and if i didnt manage to get some kills myself hehe :\

Lince said:
can we expect maps with layouts similar to Salamun Market anytime soon?
I think that a new map like Salmun Market would be cool indeed :) But i guess that there will take at least some months before we see the next Killzone 2 map pack :\

KZObsessed

Adding extra trophies = genius. That should make everyone try out the different classes again on the new maps and get the most out of them.

I don't mind paying personally but it would have been much better for the community to have them free. Silly Sony. Just don't mess up the implementation for people who don't buy them...

BeeDog

Tempy said:
I'm no coder, but it's probably some system which goes awry because of lag and doesn't handle hit registrations on time or something. Probably something that requires a complete rewrite to fix properly. But then again, it was there during the betas.

God, I really hope they've tested the upcoming train level with high lag. Imagine thinking you're safe to make the jump to the other train, only to get whacked by an incoming pillar you never saw coming.

Just a question out of curiosity (something I've been wondering about reading your posts); any particular reason why the majority of your posts sound like you're completely unrelated to GG/Sony, or somehow... "disappointed" at them? No offense, but sometimes you sound like any other GAFer that points out errors in the game. ;D Like you don't have any say whatsoever in the patching/design/input process.

I really hope this question doesn't hit some weak points *gulp*

Lince

Banned
Tempy said:

I guess even if you time your jump perfectly you'll end up landing in a bed of C4, that or a sniper will take you in mid air. I see this happening just for fun the first days, I'm doing that myself.

and do the speed the trains are moving affect rockets and nades ? how do air bots deal with the pillars ?

thank you in advance Tempy

FFObsessed said:

I think I can live without you too

Indifferent2.gif

are you going online tonight? let's try to find some linda señorita together and have some fun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DMeisterJ said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol GAF is everywhere.

But how does that work if the rest of the game isn't laggy? Or is the whole of MP really laggy and we just don't know? It seems weird if you have a non-laggy game, and the kills are still laggy.

The whole MP *is* laggy. You just don't notice due to how "imprecise" the whole shooting mechanics are. Bullet spray gets so wide so fast you tend to assume you are missing target. But you are probably not.

Start an offline Skirmish and you'll notice a sensible difference in your effectiveness compared to online play.

commish

test_account said:
I think that a new map like Salmun Market would be cool indeed :) But i guess that there will take at least some months before we see the next Killzone 2 map pack :\

I try to keep my PC elitism in check, but I must say that I wish KZ2 allowed for user created maps.

test_account

XP-39C²
commish said:
I try to keep my PC elitism in check, but I must say that I wish KZ2 allowed for user created maps.
Ye, i think that this would be pretty cool as well :) I actually thought about that myself not too long ago, if it was possible to create your own maps in Killzone 2 and how that would be like :)

EDIT: Making levels isnt necessarily limited to PC though, dosent some console games have level editors as well, like Halo 3? And of course Little Big Planet :) I guess that there are more games that supports user created level on PC games compared to console games though.

commish

TTP said:
The whole MP *is* laggy. You just don't notice due to how "imprecise" the whole shooting mechanics are. Bullet spray gets so wide so fast you tend to assume you are missing target. But you are probably not.

Start an offline Skirmish and you'll notice a sensible difference in your effectiveness compared to online play.

Nooooo, ignorance is bliss!

Top Bottom