• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lince

Banned
Crackers said:
Really? You sound so serious! :D

it's a just a piece of plastic ffs... I apologized to them yesterday and said I wasn't going to flood the thread with my whining/suggestions anymore, nothing will change anyway.

peace

.GqueB. said:
0-0?

What happened during body count?

it was a draw, not even the score would show on the screen, only the timer

Nizz

Lince said:
if you were doing (properly) your job instead of posting such idiotic posts perhaps the game would be a bit better, didn't you see how I apologized to Tempy yesterday and admitted I was being a bit extreme with my "suggestions" ?

btw the patch is a true wonder, the game is perfect now, no lag, no miracle shotguns, no bugs (even when we just ended a game 0 - 0 after we completed the 7 missions, yes, 0 - 0) thank you for the effort, I will be buying the DLC now

just to get the unwanted advertising out of the way.
Damn, dood...

oneHeero

Lince said:
incredible how no one has nothing to say or comment about the new patch but as soon as I enter here to joke with my Guerrilla friends there's a sudden flood of members to put the finger at me, get a life.
Definitely water under the bridge.

Lince

Banned
oneHeero said:
its because it gets fucken annoying, at first i just ignored you, but after awhile it was almosgt like you felt you could make a better game. regardless of your apology, even after you been bitching for god knows how long.

I edited that post out, this isn't the evil Lince vs Guerrilla nice lads thread, I said I was going to stop it and keep things civil. Sorry for being such a pain for you and the regular readers, looking back now I think I was too much fanatic and harsh.

water under the bridge now? please.

Lince

Banned
so back on topic:

Seb Downie said:
okay the patch is out tomorrow and this thread is turning into a moaning session about controls again. We're working on a solution that will suit all. No point arguing about it yet. I am locking this for now and will be back when the patch and server deployment have gone live.

is he's referring to something similar to Warhawk's normal and pro controls ? so we would have the option to keep the "realistic" feeling or switch to the arcade-like controls as in CoD, Resistance, Halo...

I think this could attract some more players into the game and make dealing with Assault and Boost somewhat easier.

Brannon said:
so how exactly does one go about joining a clan? I can't find the option anywhere in multiplayer.

I think a clan officer / leader has to send you an invite first, if you're in Europe we would be very happy to have you in our ranks.

Ooooo patch time =) I wonder if this will fix all the glichtes. I was spectating on Blood Gratch yesterday and this kid climbed all the way around the level (it was fun to watch =) went to the ISA spawn point and shot everyone through the wall. The Funniest part was that someone on the ISA team helped him by blocking the bridge so everyone that re-spawned was stuck in there getting killed. Then the ISA were all trying to team kill him for blocking the bridge Lol

Oh wait is this Europe only for now?

Irnbru

InterMoniker said:
Ooooo patch time =) I wonder if this will fix all the glichtes. I was spectating on Blood Gratch yesterday and this kid climbed all the way around the level (it was fun to watch =) went to the ISA spawn point and shot everyone through the wall. The Funniest part was that someone on the ISA team helped him by blocking the bridge so everyone that re-spawned was stuck in there getting killed. Then the ISA were all trying to team kill him for blocking the bridge Lol

Oh wait is this Europe only for now?

Nope NA too, I'm a general of teh army now :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So I think people on my friends list have stopped playing Killzone 2. Can the KZ2 regulars add me or invite me into games? I think I'm gonna start playing at night regularly. PSN: Wario64

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uh, I just went Warzone post patch and I got the Wargod Ribbon trophy (acquire all remaining medals). Uh, I'm sure I'm pretty far from getting all medals :lol

Facism

oh man FUCK THIS ADVERTISING.

You're not pushing me to buy hte DLC, you're just making me feel some apathy towards your next efforts.

KZObsessed

Nothing but awful lag fests in the games I played today, it's making it hard to get to that 100,000! :p I'll just play later at night, seems to be better then for some reason. The poor people are asleep maybe...

<3 Lince <3

We'll find you a KZ2 senorita later to make you feel better.

Nizz

Lince said:
so back on topic:

is he's referring to something similar to Warhawk's normal and pro controls ? so we would have the option to keep the "realistic" feeling or switch to the arcade-like controls as in CoD, Resistance, Halo...

I think this could attract some more players into the game and make dealing with Assault and Boost somewhat easier.

I think a clan officer / leader has to send you an invite first, if you're in Europe we would be very happy to have you in our ranks.
They didn't tweak the controls in this latest patch, right? I wonder why people would be complaining about the controls again?

Would be nice if there were a normal/pro option like you mentioned. Maybe the ability to tweak dead zone/acceleration could be cool for everyone.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
Nothing but awful lag fests in the games I played today, it's making it hard to get to that 100,000! :p I'll just play later at night, seems to be better then for some reason. The poor people are asleep maybe...

<3 Lince <3

:mad:

This thread and others have taught me to never show the game in which im working now.
I would cry after reading every post ;___;

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
<3 Lince <3

yeah but let's not get us both kicked and banned like yesterday night... :lol :lol

the advertising... well, Guerrilla is doing what Sony didn't, trying to sell their goods. I just hope the ads screens will go away the very moment I install the maps.

I have 59000 points, the 100k limit will encourage people to join the winning team over and over and contribute to the balancing issues, I hope Guerrilla could listen to my suggestion of not awarding the 1,5x multiplier to the entire winning team in a public game so only those that accomplish missions (kill the assassination target, survive, plant / defuse explosives, get more points during bodycount, S&R deliveries...) in a way the best player of each mission gets a 1,5x bonus... yes killing the propaganda carrier should count towards missions points as well to encourage defending.

Fersis said:
This thread and others have taught me to never show the game in which im working now. I would cry after reading every post ;___;

cheer up mate, what's happened in this thread? I know I've been a pain and all but I've stated several time I really love the game when everything works as intended, (minimal lag, no assault / boost, playing with friends, team-work). I'm fairly curious to see what you have in store for us.

Wario64 said:
Uh, I just went Warzone post patch and I got the Wargod Ribbon trophy (acquire all remaining medals). Uh, I'm sure I'm pretty far from getting all medals :lol

That happened to me yesterday as well. I still had about two more medals to get.

I now have all my MP trophies, now back to the campaign, which I have to restart due to my PS3 HDD corrupting itself.

RavenFox

Banned
FFObsessed said:

<3 Lince <3

I only play on US servers and never an issue.

Rapping Granny said:
Lince stop fucking around, seriously how?

From previous page.

Okay, I think it might have been labelled poorly, apologies for that.

Full sentence should have been: ’Invite player to clan from your friends-list’

Go to Communication center - Friends - Highlight - [] - Invite to clan.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

Wario64 said:

I think the Wargod trophy is finally working correctly.

Cross-Training Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all badge specific medals
Veteran Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all mission specific medals
Expert Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all combat specific medals
Wargod Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all remaining medals

The only remaining medals are the Example Soldier and Natural Born Killer, which most everyone already had.

DMeisterJ said:
He's not.

Seb made a mistake. He meant you can invite people to your clan using the clan screen in-game.

WHAT??

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAGFASHGFFFFFFFFFSHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GG is full of so much fucking fail right now, it's unbelievable.

Fuck this, puts the game back in the case.

Cagen

Rapping Granny said:
WHAT??

At least you can play games online.

/pity me

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:

/pity me

have you tried with some other modem? or maybe it's a DNS problem with your ISP. I can't believe downloading a patch for a certain game rendered your PS3 useless for whatever form of online play.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
JardeL said:
And CJ , after you told me that you placed C4s on my head I tried to be a suicide bomber , run to the HGHs but it didnt work out haha ...
Me and my BF used to do that a lot. :p Most public matches have FF on anyway, but I'd still get killed sometimes during suicide bombing, but it was so much fun! Ahhh, I miss KZ2, been over almost 2 weeks since I last played.

Cagen

I can not see how it could have been the patch either but I also can't work out what the problem could possibly be and the only variable that has changed is the patch. My router and modem are fine, my internet connection is fine, everything is running as it should be. PSN even works fine as long as I am not playing a game.

I thought it might be something to do with when the game sends a query to the update server to see if there is an update for the game but that doesn't allow for the issue that if I try to connect to PSN after I have already started playing the game it connects and instantly disconnects again.

Anyway, I need to stop shitting up the Killzone thread with my PSN toubles.

Okay, I think it might have been labelled poorly, apologies for that.

Full sentence should have been: ’Invite player to clan from your friends-list’

Go to Communication center - Friends - Highlight - [] - Invite to clan.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

... my man.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cagen said:

/pity me
What error number do you get when you get disconnected ? Which region are you in?
Lince said:
I'm fairly curious to see what you have in store for us
Right now im coding a 'camera placement and recording tool' so the design guy can record some awesome cameras.
Its more fun to code tools than the game itself :lol
Tough after this project... no more code ..ever
EVER

careful

Lince said:
Originally Posted by Seb Downie, US PS forums:
okay the patch is out tomorrow and this thread is turning into a moaning session about controls again. We're working on a solution that will suit all. No point arguing about it yet. I am locking this for now and will be back when the patch and server deployment have gone live.
I'm confused.. I'm pretty sure he said earlier 1.24 didn't change anything to the controls.
So are they changed or not?
I'm also pretty sure Seb mentioned that they won't actually change any of the feel of the controls, but rather add more options to tweak.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
WHAT??

Fuck this, puts the game back in the case.

Yep, pretty glaring oversight... GLARING.

Well, I found my reason to continue playing. Getting to 10k should take me a week or so, I have 1700 to go.

Fersis

careful said:
I'm confused.. I'm pretty sure he said earlier 1.24 didn't change anything to the controls.
So are they changed or not?
I'm also pretty sure Seb mentioned that they won't actually change any of the feel of the controls, but rather add more options to tweak.
According to motherh666 there is no change to controls, but as always several players said otherwise and made a couple of threads about that.
KZ2 will never get rid of that kind of threads.... :(

ChryZ

Cagen said:
I thought it might be something to do with when the game sends a query to the update server to see if there is an update for the game but that doesn't allow for the issue that if I try to connect to PSN after I have already started playing the game it connects and instantly disconnects again.
Reset your router and modem.

Try to sign out, load game, sign in from within the started game.

Cagen

ChryZ said:
Reset your router and modem.

Try to sign out, load game, sign in from within the started game.

I had obviously done all that Chryz, I had done practically everything I could think off short of resetting my firmware.

Fersis said:
What error number do you get when you get disconnected ? Which region are you in?

Noting down the error number and looking it up is actually something I stupidly overlooked. I went downstairs just now to check it and look it up and magically, for seemingly no reason, Killzone started updating.

Fersis are you some kind of genie?

Fersis

Cagen said:
I had obviously done all that Chryz, I had done practically everything I could think off short of resetting my firmware.

Noting down the error number and looking it up is actually something I stupidly overlooked. I went downstairs just now to check it and look it up and magically, for seemingly no reason, Killzone started updating.

Fersis are you some kind of genie?
Nope, just a 'naive like a 8 years old' kind of guy. :lol
I forgot who called me that here on GAF :)
Hope that things get fixed for you so we can play tonight.
We poor people also play at night FFObsessed! ;)

.GqueB.

Banned
AnnSwag said:
I love how everyone is complaining about these for $5.99, but no one was complaining about the $9.99 map pack for COD4. (which sucked)

http://digg.com/u11ZP8
3 maps for 9.99 sounded fine. 2 for 5.99 just feels a little... off for some reason. Its proportionately the same but thats about it.

I think this whole paying for map packs crap needs to end personally. I dont like paying for more places to do things. I dont mind cases like warhawk where the gameplay changes in some way but this just sucks. If they had released new maps with new and different objectives Id be ALL over it. But this Im not sure about.

test_account

XP-39C²
Leviathon007 said:
I think the Wargod trophy is finally working correctly.

Cross-Training Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all badge specific medals
Veteran Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all mission specific medals
Expert Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all combat specific medals
Wargod Ribbon(Bronze) Acquire all remaining medals

The only remaining medals are the Example Soldier and Natural Born Killer, which most everyone already had.
Ye, i first thought that you had to get every medal/badges to get this trophy as well, but then one day i just got this trophy. I thought it was a glitch, but in afterthought i think that the Wargod trophy only covers the Example Soldier and Natural Born Killer badges as you say :)

.GqueB. said:
3 maps for 9.99 sounded fine. 2 for 5.99 just feels a little... off for some reason. Its proportionately the same but thats about it.
I know what you mean, but why does 5.99 feels off when 2 maps for 5.99 (about $3 for each map) is actually cheaper than 3 maps for 9.99 (about $3.33 for each map)? :) It isnt much difference in the price though, but it is alittle cheaper for the 2 maps compared to the 3 maps at least :)

icechai

.GqueB. said:

I think this whole paying for map packs crap needs to end personally. I dont like paying for more places to do things. I dont mind cases like warhawk where the gameplay changes in some way but this just sucks. If they had released new maps with new and different objectives Id be ALL over it. But this Im not sure about.

think of it as an expansion for multiplayer, professionals put in time to make more places for you to do things. Its expected they be paid for it. Only time it shouldn't be is for user made stuff (like LBP). But it would have been cooler if the maps were $2 each :p

.GqueB.

Banned
icechai said:
think of it as an expansion for multiplayer, professionals put in time to make more places for you to do things. Its expected they be paid for it. Only time it shouldn't be is for user made stuff (like LBP). But it would have been cooler if the maps were $2 each :p
I have no problem paying developers for the work they put in after their game has shipped. I think its great that developers support their games like that. But its just the price that irks me. I wouldve actually felt more comfortable (mind you I wouldnt be GUARANTEED to buy it) paying 9.99 for three maps.

Its hard to explain. Just this feelin.

careful

icechai said:
why don't they put auto balance as default??
The team balancing is the biggest head scratcher for me. Faction balancing off lets players choose their factions, fine. But why is there no limit per team? Once a team is full, just force everyone else to join the other team. So we can have balanced X vs X game. I'm a bit perplexed more people aren't complaining about this. It's frustrating being on the undersized team and I get no satisfaction being on the oversized team destroying the undersized team.

I guess it's a combination of more people playing body count only, where team size is not as important and players really enjoying base camping each other.. :rolleyes

The mid-game faction switching could be a major problem too. I'm really hoping the 'party' patch will let me play both with friends and in balanced games. Is it so hard to have both? :(

Top Bottom