• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy said:
Haven't had a chance to jump on all week since work has been crazy.
What's the general consensus on the latest patch?

That the new 100,000 point rank is going to kill me?

O_O

help me

oneHeero

I quit out a game just 10 mins ago, 15v15 and not 1 spawn point is up. As it is I am in 1st place mowing people down etc the least they could do is support me and place some fucken spawn points. ITs utterly useless to try to beat a team who is using rockets and your team cant even keep up spawn points on modes like S&D.

EDIT: I need my boast badge badly, would be a lot better in start of gfame if I had boast badge for my engineer/sabo/tact. Do I just boast like 5x a round?

oneHeero said:
I quit out a game just 10 mins ago, 15v15 and not 1 spawn point is up. As it is I am in 1st place mowing people down etc the least they could do is support me and place some fucken spawn points. ITs utterly useless to try to beat a team who is using rockets and your team cant even keep up spawn points on modes like S&D.

EDIT: I need my boast badge badly, would be a lot better in start of gfame if I had boast badge for my engineer/sabo/tact. Do I just boast like 5x a round?

Think it's 10 per round...Let me do a quick check tho

Pojo

Banned
So is it easy to get in the top 1% now? I think I'm ready to pull a 25 hour week of bodycount to get that trophy now. :\

Rolf NB

oneHeero said:

You can switch to a different class when you respawn. Say, tactician. And place a great spawn point.

Switching class to fill a much needed role > bitching that nobody else does it.

careful

bcn-ron said:
You can switch to a different class when you respawn. Say, tactician. And place a great spawn point.

Spawn points only last 90 seconds though.. Not enough time to really go play another class, because you'll have to switch back to tact soon enough. The best is one dedicated tactician.

oneHeero

bcn-ron said:

Not when your down 0-2 already.

Leaving said game and not losing > switching to Tactician to drop a spawn and switch back to sabo and still lose the game because your playing 1v15.

Granted I do what you suggested very often, shit I do it in gaf games all the time, to many gaff3ers say they are awesome tacticians and every time we play they really have a hard time keeping up spawn points. If I feel my team has a chance to win than I do switch to other classes and pick up the pace, but when we are down 0-2 I am at like 30+ points while others are at 5-14 points doesnt really give me confidence to make a comeback when to many things are stacked against me.

I just quit, collect myself and hope more gaffers are on and in a no assault game.

WinFonda

Been taking some time away from multiplayer to get my platinum trophy. And... I got it!

One thing I love about the game: I was ready to replay a whole level in order to get the no death "Untouchable" trophy - but when I looked through the chapter select screen I realized the deaths are counted and broke down by the individual sections within the level, so I only had to replay Visari Square sequence in order to get the trophy. Very nice, I approve.

WinFonda said:
Been taking some time away from multiplayer to get my platinum trophy. And... I got it!

One thing I love about the game: I was ready to replay a whole level in order to get the no death "Untouchable" trophy - but when I looked through the chapter select screen I realized the deaths are counted and broke down by the individual sections within the level, so I only had to replay Visari Square sequence in order to get the trophy. Very nice, I approve.

Bro you avatar is just classic stuff.

WinFonda

BruceLeeRoy said:
Bro you avatar is just classic stuff.
Thanks. It's John Stossel of ABC's 20/20 in some Nintendo report from the 1980's. He was a total creeper in the video. I'd link it, but the video was removed from youtube due to a terms of service violation oddly enough.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I dunno, not seeing the bar moving after the match (because 100k is so ridiculous) is kind of irritating. I hoped for 25k, 50k, 75k, 100k.

Kittonwy

Banned
Holy smoke, gaf vs gaf on bloodgracht and for some reason our faction doesn't feel like doing anything to actually win, spawn points were all over the place, wtf. Srsly if you don't know how to play as a tactician, don't play as one. Fuck.
Indifferent2.gif

Brannon

Man I love the medic class. Last game of the night, I and another medic helped keep the front line, revive beams all over the place, and no one went below half health if we could help it.

Throwing health packs like fat, blobby ninja stars that go three feet is da bomb.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
Holy smoke, gaf vs gaf on bloodgracht and for some reason our faction doesn't feel like doing anything to actually win, spawn points were all over the place, wtf. Srsly if you don't know how to play as a tactician, don't play as one. Fuck.
Indifferent2.gif

you make happy faces about stuff you're mad at and angry faces at good things o_O Who was the tactician? :p

oneHeero

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
I left mid game, it was stupid to play through that map as bad as it was. Thats the first time I've been in a bad game on Blood Gracht.

Irnbru

brokenFUN said:
Did they up the auto aim?

Don't think so. Though I did feel my SMG a tad bit more jerky then usual. [ jerky in terms of, it would follow someone a bit more times then usual, kinda the way the shotgun does ]

Edit: Also I had a question, does anyone feel the aim sometimes differ from game to game? I swear I aim much more horribly in big matches then in 8v8 or 10v10s. It just feels like theres a lot more recoil or something in bigger matches.

Pojo said:
So is it easy to get in the top 1% now? I think I'm ready to pull a 25 hour week of bodycount to get that trophy now. :\

Well, as each week passes I would say it's going to get harder and harder. As the number of users slowly goes down the requirement to get in that elusive 1 percentile gets a little smaller each week. In addition, the Killzone gaming community is likely to keep getting better and better as the weeks go by. However, with all that being said, if you put in the hours, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it. I think last weeks cut off was around the top 2100.

Just finished the cruiser level for the first time. Wow, Sony sure doesn't have a problem killing of major characters in their franchises. I'm shocked by all the people dying between this and Resistance.

Lince

Banned
vicktormerv said:
I had a question, does anyone feel the aim sometimes differ from game to game? I swear I aim much more horribly in big matches then in 8v8 or 10v10s. It just feels like theres a lot more recoil or something in bigger matches.

lag eats bullets... and it's not the number of players but the quality of the host connection. It's not Guerrilla's fault though, my suggestion would be trying to counter p2p lag with some kind of "hosting" test (Warhawk).

edit: I think the new patch toned down the slight sticky aim of the ISA rifle, I based my play style around it by gently adjusting aim with the right stick while circle-strafing with the left stick, that was getting me a high K/D ratio lately. Now I can't do that anymore... I keep losing track of my target and I find myself trying more aggressive right stick corrections to take a moving target down... but always too late it seems. Bottom line, the truth was I sucked at the game, time to rework my style.

Cagen

Lince said:
lag eats bullets... and it's not the number of players but the quality of the host connection. It's not Guerrilla's fault though, my suggestion would be trying to counter p2p lag with some kind of "hosting" test (Warhawk).

edit: I think the new patch toned down the slight sticky aim of the ISA rifle, I based my play style around it by gently adjusting aim with the right stick while circle-strafing with the left stick, that was getting me a high K/D ratio lately. Now I can't do that anymore... I keep losing track of my target and I find myself trying more aggressive right stick corrections to take a moving target down... but always too late it seems. Bottom line, the truth was I sucked at the game, time to rework my style.

Who are you and what have you done with Lince?

Speaker in base is such a bitch move >:-(

We played this clan an we had the speaker right at their door (they tried twice to get it back, bit we kept beating them back) and they run it into their base to get it a draw.....We ended up getting a tie but damn....Such a bitch move.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cagen said:
Who are you and what have you done with Lince?
He is more relaxed now... thanks Tempy and Tiddles! :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guys you play long long matches, yesterday i had to quit because every objective took like 15 minutes @__@.
I usually have time to play short 'sessions' of 30 minutes or so.

Facism

Fersis said:
Guys you play long long matches, yesterday i had to quit because every objective took like 15 minutes @__@.

I remember you last night. Had to leave that loooooooooooong game of Radec. Was too long.

Fersis

Facism said:
I remember you last night. Had to leave that loooooooooooong game of Radec. Was too long.
I did the same thing... sorry.
Hope we can play tonight.

Rolf NB

Fersis said:
Yeah, I know, right? At first I thought "Hey, that's Fersis over there, playing with us!". And then I thought "Fersis? Fersis?". But in the end, I was all "Fersis~~! <3<3<3".

Fersis

bcn-ron said:
Yeah, I know, right? At first I thought "Hey, that's Fersis over there, playing with us!". And then I thought "Fersis? Fersis?". But in the end, I was all "Fersis~~! <3<3<3".
:lol
See you tonight then.

Top Bottom