• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Just played in a UK server and wow. People would die in just a few shots instead of the usual 10! So this is what a lagless KZ2 is like! Heaven! Can't believe they didn't use dedicated servers. smh SCEE.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
.GqueB. said:
I have no problem paying developers for the work they put in after their game has shipped. I think its great that developers support their games like that. But its just the price that irks me. I wouldve actually felt more comfortable (mind you I wouldnt be GUARANTEED to buy it) paying 9.99 for three maps.

Its hard to explain. Just this feelin.

I have a bigger problem with charging for shit like the costume changes in games like LBP or SFIV. Paying for new maps? Fine. Paying for different costumes for a game, a feature that was merely an unlock away for 20 years? Not cool at all. In fact, that's downright bullshit.

dwin45

careful said:
The team balancing is the biggest head scratcher for me. Faction balancing off lets players choose their factions, fine. But why is there no limit per team? Once a team is full, just force everyone else to join the other team. So we can have balanced X vs X game. I'm a bit perplexed more people aren't complaining about this.

I guess it's a combination of more people playing body count only, where team size is not as important and players really enjoying base camping each other.. :rolleyes

The mid-game faction switching could be a major problem too. I'm really hoping the 'party' patch will let me play both with friends and in balanced games. Is it so hard to have both? :(
I was complaining about this a few dozen pages back. It really is a joke that a 16 player game can be 12 vs. 4. It should be an easy fix.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
FFObsessed said:
YES JOIN 2 MINS
Okay, told him to join now! We were going to play today, but decided not to when I read the GAFe topic, someone said there were only 2 players in the opposing team's clan? :p

icechai

commish said:
I have a bigger problem with charging for shit like the costume changes in games like LBP or SFIV. Paying for new maps? Fine. Paying for different costumes for a game, a feature that was merely an unlock away for 20 years? Not cool at all. In fact, that's downright bullshit.

well when its LBP they're actually making new costumes with code. Cosmetic packs like that are quite common in stuff like Home, Sims, and LBP. Think they're a great option as you personally don't have to get it to enjoy any aspect of the game, in fact if you're crazy enough you can probably make it using objects and stickers, but a lot of people love that stuff and it shows with the sales. Heck, if KZ2 had some costume unlocks which can be earned through ranks or bought via the store, I think that'd be AWESOME!

SF4 and Soul Calibur unlocks on the other hand are what I think you're main complaints are and that is 100% valid, wtf is up with downloading a few kilobytes to unlock something that's there already? o_O

Facism

FFObsessed said:
VICTORY FOR GAFE AGAINST LAGGY PEASANTS!

:lol

Heroic win. ISA have a massive advantage on their S&D defend. I'm surprised we managed to get both charges set with all the fucking rockets coming from their base.

I'm glad I don't HAVE to play big games. KZ2 turns into the worst spammy POS MP ever with lots of players.

raYne

Wait, so there's still no in-game invite system?

icechai said:
well when its LBP they're actually making new costumes with code. Cosmetic packs like that are quite common in stuff like Home, Sims, and LBP. Think they're a great option as you personally don't have to get it to enjoy any aspect of the game, in fact if you're crazy enough you can probably make it using objects and stickers, but a lot of people love that stuff and it shows with the sales. Heck, if KZ2 had some costume unlocks which can be earned through ranks or bought via the store, I think that'd be AWESOME!

SF4 and Soul Calibur unlocks on the other hand are what I think you're main complaints are and that is 100% valid, wtf is up with downloading a few kilobytes to unlock something that's there already? o_O
The bolded x100 ('cept for buying custumes). I'd LOVE some character customization.

.GqueB. said:
3 maps for 9.99 sounded fine. 2 for 5.99 just feels a little... off for some reason. Its proportionately the same but thats about it.

I think this whole paying for map packs crap needs to end personally. I dont like paying for more places to do things. I dont mind cases like warhawk where the gameplay changes in some way but this just sucks. If they had released new maps with new and different objectives Id be ALL over it. But this Im not sure about.

4 Maps.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
icechai said:

Yeah, exactly what I was driving at. The BS for SFIV/SC4. Just annoys the hell out of me. I cant' really speak for LBP, as I haven't even played the game.

I wish KZ2 had the spray paint system of CS. Sigh, when will a game ever be as great as CS????
besides the superior BF2

DunpealD

TheFatOne said:
I don't think you want to google that like I did :(

QTF. Don't even try to look it up. No joke here.

Next time(next week same day, same time) we'll need to fill up our team, I guess it will be a tough one.

tiddles

Wario64 said:
Uh, I just went Warzone post patch and I got the Wargod Ribbon trophy (acquire all remaining medals). Uh, I'm sure I'm pretty far from getting all medals :lol

me too!

FIX THIS SHIT, G... oh

tiddles

Lince said:
is he's referring to something similar to Warhawk's normal and pro controls ? so we would have the option to keep the "realistic" feeling or switch to the arcade-like controls as in CoD, Resistance, Halo...

can't be too specific, but basically pretty much like that - definitely an optional thing, although I wouldn't call it "arcade" (the feeling of weight will still be there, for example)... put it this way, pretty much everyone here liked the new changes and adjusted very quickly, but if you prefer things the way they are, you can keep them that way - it's up to you. I'm pretty certain it's not suddenly going to feel like Call of Duty.

ChryZ

Facism said:
It was more of a bukkake....

....and there are never any spare pricks at a bukkake.
xm8obq.gif

VNZ

tiddles said:
can't be too specific, but basically pretty much like that - definitely an optional thing, although I wouldn't call it "arcade" (the feeling of weight will still be there, for example)... put it this way, pretty much everyone here liked the new changes and adjusted very quickly, but if you prefer things the way they are, you can keep them that way - it's up to you. I'm pretty certain it's not suddenly going to feel like Call of Duty.
That sounds very promising! I really hope the adjustments are related to the dead zone and response curves. The "weight" (ie. inertia) of the movement is all good.

Any thoughts on why you can have more than half of the players on the same team? The scenario where you would want that is so rare that if it even should be possible, it should be a setting hidden deep down in match customization.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Its a well known fact that GAFE > GAFA.
For example, im south american and i am member of GAFE... yeah they control the whole world! :lol

EDIT: Downloading patch... nom nom nom nom

JB1981

I'm very late to the thread, just got home. What is this I'm reading? The new patch has "fixed" lag or something? I never noticed that the game was laggy .... what did it fix exactly?

JB1981 said:
I'm very late to the thread, just got home. What is this I'm reading? The new patch has "fixed" lag or something? I never noticed that the game was laggy .... what did it fix exactly?
If you're referring to my post, I would just consider it coincidence until more reports start coming in. Lag was present in the game, still, just not as prevalent.

GFEe people gots da eurolag - symptoms include taking 30 bullets before dying and teleportation as seen on the television program Heroes:lol

TheFatOne

Andronicus said:
GFEe people gots da eurolag - symptoms include taking 30 bullets before dying and teleportation as seen on the television program Heroes:lol

:lol :lol :lol

Edit: To the GAFe officers why don't we schedule more games against each other?

oneHeero

TheFatOne said:
:lol :lol :lol

Edit: To the GAFe officers why don't we schedule more games against each other?
Well they are 0-2 against GAFA, not sure if they want more losses. Would love to play in them as well.

:p

Cagen

oneHeero said:
Well they are 0-2 against GAFA, not sure if they want more losses. Would love to play in them as well.

:p

Since when was a draw considered a win?

Anyway we do need to set one up again, maybe this Sunday?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So what Ricky Martin has anything to do with GAFe ?

Fersis

@__@
True story: Some girl said that i looked like Ricky Martin.... after that i use beard and moustache.

Top Bottom