• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

JardeL

@Fersis

Arent you from Argentina ?.. Why did you choose EuroGAF to join instead of GAFA ?.. We re in different timezone , you masochist or what :lol ?..

I know that Sony placed you in PAL zone but ... :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JardeL said:
@Fersis

Arent you from Argentina ?.. Why did you choose EuroGAF to join instead of GAFA ?.. We re in different timezone , you masochist or what :lol ?..

I know that Sony placed you in PAL zone but ... :D
Exactly because of that. :D
My PSN account is spanish (EU)... so yeah, it was because of that.
SCEE rulez! SCEA droolz!

Also Gafe have some nice guys like Lince,FFObsessed,ChryZ,Wollan,Rastlin,Cagen ,TTP,Dave1988,Facism,Thrakier, yourself and the entire GafE clan. :D

Hey here's a question. Is there a way to like mute eveyone's mic? I love the MP but the sodding annoyance of a lot of people's shitty mic's is just really irritating, the only way I've found is to mute people individually any help?

Facism

Fersis said:
SCEE rulez! SCEA droolz!

Also Gafe have some nice guys like Lince,FFObsessed,Wollan,Rastlin,Cagen ,TTP,Dave1988,yourself etc etc.

I'm not nice? :<

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thrakier said:
Oh yes, there is. But don't go in there - it's a trap!

EDIT:

Fersis = Fail
Dont know what are you talkin' about... read the list again.... :lol

Thrakier

Close one! Although you still fail because your avater change is abysmal. I always enjoyed looking at Ted, especially in the KZ2-Thread.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Thrakier said:
Close one! Although you still fail because your avater change is abysmal. I always enjoyed looking at Ted, especially in the KZ2-Thread.
Same, I preferred Fersis' old avie. I think people were creeped out by the "I wuv you" part, but the old avie was definitely better, imo. :p

Fersis

Thrakier said:
Well, almost everyone hated my avatar and called me creepy or stalker or stuff like that.
So i changed it, it gonna change again when KOF XII is released for consoles.

ilanna said:
Same, I preferred Fersis' old avie. I think people were creeped out by the "I wuv you" part, but the old avie was definitely better, imo. :p
Also... someone told me that Ted Price indeed reads GAF, so yeah i removed my avatar because of that... i dont want to think that im a creep or anything like that V__V
Tough he indeed have some awesome blue eyes @__@

ChryZ

Fersis said:
Also Gafe have some nice guys like Lince,FFObsessed,Wollan,Rastlin,Cagen ,TTP,Dave1988,Facism,Thrakier, yourself and the entire GafE clan. :D
293d8jq.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
Lince said:
lag eats bullets... and it's not the number of players but the quality of the host connection. It's not Guerrilla's fault though, my suggestion would be trying to counter p2p lag with some kind of "hosting" test (Warhawk).

edit: I think the new patch toned down the slight sticky aim of the ISA rifle, I based my play style around it by gently adjusting aim with the right stick while circle-strafing with the left stick, that was getting me a high K/D ratio lately. Now I can't do that anymore... I keep losing track of my target and I find myself trying more aggressive right stick corrections to take a moving target down... but always too late it seems. Bottom line, the truth was I sucked at the game, time to rework my style.

I almost always try to shoot slightly ahead of my target to adjust for movement.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Dubbedinenglish said:
Speaker in base is such a bitch move >:-(

We played this clan an we had the speaker right at their door (they tried twice to get it back, bit we kept beating them back) and they run it into their base to get it a draw.....We ended up getting a tie but damn....Such a bitch move.

They CAN do that but they'll end up giving up a TON of lives for it, it's a complete K/D killer when a team gets completely contained in their base, on radec and tharsis depot it can get pretty serious.
Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

Fersis said:
SCEE rulez! SCEA droolz!

Also Gafe have some nice guys like Lince,FFObsessed,ChryZ,Wollan,Rastlin,Cagen ,TTP,Dave1988,Facism,Thrakier, yourself and the entire GafE clan. :D

<3

ChryZ

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I can never get in a game with you guys!!! I know there is tons of awesomeness going on, but the damn world is full, is always full!!!
Seriously, there is always a quiter or two. Just keep hammerin' that join button.

.GqueB.

Banned
They definitely tweaked the controls again. I swear I was so good when this game first came out now its all loosey goosey like some seasoned whores vagine and now I cant get a bean on foos anymore.

Kittonwy

Banned
.GqueB. said:
They definitely tweaked the controls again. I swear I was so good when this game first came out now its all loosey goosey like some seasoned whores vagine and now I cant get a bean on foos anymore.

I wuz playing and had a 100 killz game last night.
Indifferent2.gif

oneHeero

.GqueB. said:
2 diff GG guys confirmed that there was no tweaks to the controls whatsoever on the PS forums.

1 also stated they kinda are implementing dual-control setups. Like Warhawk does it with Pro-Flight. Apparently not the same thing, but something like that.

But it was confirmed 100% and several times that nothing was changed with the controls. It feels different for me as well, the SMG doesnt feel right, but i wouldnt be surprised if its just the lag per game that makes the difference.

.GqueB.

Banned
oneHeero said:
2 diff GG guys confirmed that there was no tweaks to the controls whatsoever on the PS forums.

1 also stated they kinda are implementing dual-control setups. Like Warhawk does it with Pro-Flight. Apparently not the same thing, but something like that.

But it was confirmed 100% and several times that nothing was changed with the controls. It feels different for me as well, the SMG doesnt feel right, but i wouldnt be surprised if its just the lag per game that makes the difference.
Yea that could be it really. It was just an odd feeling. It felt different but it didnt. I was all "wuuuuuuuuuuuut?"

oneHeero said:
Anyone on right now? I'm bored but dont wanna log on to an empty clan/friends list.
I just unpacked my PS3 here. Was going to check out all the new stuff in Home, but if you want to do some Killzownage, hit me up. My PSN ID is my GAF name :)

Kittonwy

Banned
oneHeero said:

I think it might have to do with fixing some of the lag, because now people go down quicker, so it kind of feels quicker, I had to anticipate movement more, still there was one scout in one of the games I was playing last night, he was lagging a bit but overall the kills come quicker now.

GodofWine

careful said:
I don't feel any difference at all, either in controls or connection speed.

Same. I was all excited that death lag may be reduced, so I went hunting..and shot a guy to pieces, then he head shotted me, and then we both lay, dying on the battle field, as our lifes ended...both vocally cursing the game.

careful

GodofWine said:
Same. I was all excited that death lag may be reduced, so I went hunting..and shot a guy to pieces, then he head shotted me, and then we both lay, dying on the battle field, as our lifes ended...both vocally cursing the game.
To be honest I personally don't experience that much lag (certainly not any worse than any other p2p based games). Only twice do I recall really seing guys warping around the map (and I was playing in Euro rooms). I don't play clan matches though and I usually stick to playing my zone (Canada East).
I do get A LOT of simultaneous kill/death, but I think that's more attributed to the 'last stand' trigger concept described by tiddles earlier in the thread.

One more thing I noticed is that even when your crosshairs become red, your bullets won't necessarily connect to the target (red X). I thought it was lag at first, but it does the same thing in skirmish, so there might actually be a bit of random dice rolling going on in the background to determine accuracy.

GodofWine

careful said:
To be honest I personally don't experience that much lag (certainly not any worse than any other p2p based games). Only twice do I recall really seing guys warping around the map (and I was playing in Euro rooms). I don't play clan matches though and I usually stick to playing my zone (Canada East).
I do get A LOT of simultaneous kill/death, but I think that's more attributed to the 'last stand' trigger concept described by tiddles earlier in the thread.

One more thing I noticed is that even when your crosshairs become red, your bullets won't necessarily connect to the target (red X). I thought it was lag at first, but it does the same thing in skirmish, so there might actually be a bit of random dice rolling going on in the background to determine accuracy.

Hmm, interesting...I'll try to remember this in my next dual death to keep from yelling in the mic...I never get 'LAG' either, just 'Death lag' / 'Dual kills'

careful

Strategy talk for a minute:
Visari Hammer S&D tower defend (either faction)

Do you guys prefer having the spawns inside or outside the towers?
I remember Dirtbag saying how you needed to establish the line of defense a bit further out from the objective, so he preferred to have them outside the towers to try and control the platform areas.

In theory it's a great idea, but I noticed from practice that it can be pretty hit and miss. With the spawns outside the towers, you really need a strong defense to prevent an enemy spawn up in the tower. That's a fairly big risk. And once they have a spawn in there, they basically took control of that tower. At least with having a spawn direct in the tower you have a better chance of fighting off another in-tower spawn. Your line of defense definitely gets pushed really close to the objective, but I think it's a bit safer than the alternative.

oneHeero

careful said:

I remember Dirtbag saying how you needed to establish the line of defense a bit further out from the objective, so he preferred to have them outside the towers to try and control the platform areas.

In theory it's a great idea, but I noticed from practice that it can be pretty hit and miss. With the spawns outside the towers, you really need a strong defense to prevent an enemy spawn up in the tower. That's a fairly big risk. And once they have a spawn in there, they basically took control of that tower. At least with having a spawn direct in the tower you have a better chance of fighting off another in-tower spawn. Your line of defense definitely gets pushed really close to the objective, but I think it's a bit safer than the alternative.
IMHO it depends on your team. Shitty gunners=spawns in towers. Good gunners=spawn outside.

A team with a few good gunners can hold down the towers if spawns are outside. You get like 3 sec invis and its enough time to set yourself up.

A team with shitty people need to be spoon fed in S&D games because they just suck at gunning so throw spawns in the tower so they can try to kill people planting/disarming.

Has anyone encountered a glitch where the game says you've only collected 2/3 helgan symbols in the first level? I went back and doubled checked and I've definitely collected all 3.

Kittonwy

Banned
careful said:

Spawns outside the towers? That's like having the toilet in the kitchen. Once your defense is penetrated it becomes incredibly difficult to get the control back.

It's never about how well it would work when everything works according to plan, it's how you should set it up should someone fucks it up (which ALWAYS happen) and you have to rectify the situation, we need to quickly kill whoever is trying to plant and if he succeeds in planting the spawns allow us to quickly overwhelm the area, suppress the other team long enough to get it diffused. It's just like having spawns outside the room in S&D Radec, it's great if we have total control of the area, but if that's the case it doesn't really matter where we have the spawns, S&D defense should be much easier than it has been. I think people in general try to be way too cute with spawns, it's like pounding a nail, use a fucking hammer, cuz it works.
Indifferent2.gif

I think during clan matches we should have two tacticians, one is always on active duty and the other one should replace spawns ONLY IF the primary one is all the way on the other side of the map and can't and both spawns are about to run out, to prevent the entire team from spawning back home.

Kittonwy

Banned
oneHeero said:
IMHO it depends on your team. Shitty gunners=spawns in towers. Good gunners=spawn outside.

A team with a few good gunners can hold down the towers if spawns are outside. You get like 3 sec invis and its enough time to set yourself up.

A team with shitty people need to be spoon fed in S&D games because they just suck at gunning so throw spawns in the tower so they can try to kill people planting/disarming.

You don't need spawns outside if you have good gunners because they stay alive and you can always keep that flow of people. You can always end up with one enemy tactician with boost getting in there and the other team completely flooding the area.

Kittonwy

Banned
GodofWine said:
Hmm, interesting...I'll try to remember this in my next dual death to keep from yelling in the mic...I never get 'LAG' either, just 'Death lag' / 'Dual kills'

Well the guy on the other end of the dual death probably thinks it's death lag because he thinks he's killed you.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
Well the guy on the other end of the dual death probably thinks it's death lag because he thinks he's killed you.

We have a game in 10 min. Everyone who is in GAFA get online NAO!!!!!!!! BTW I lost a clan game today. At least I won bodycount lol. Game is full but we have more games today so dont worry. WE do have some games later on tonight so play later on.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TheFatOne said:
We have a game in 10 min. Everyone who is in GAFA get online NAO!!!!!!!! BTW I lost a clan game today. At least I won bodycount lol.

I am in now and waiting. Me and Click. And Lyulf

TheFatOne

AndyD said:
I am in now and waiting. Me and Click. And Lyulf

I am Lyulf lol. We have more games later on so please go on later today.

Edit: We got fucking destroyed in that game. Really how do we let three snipers on Radec beat us in bodycount. The other team wasn't even that good. All they did was turret us to death.

Top Bottom