• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

careful

Kittonwy said:
Spawns outside the towers? That's like having the toilet in the kitchen. Once your defense is penetrated it becomes incredibly difficult to get the control back.

It's never about how well it would work when everything works according to plan, it's how you should set it up should someone fucks it up (which ALWAYS happen) and you have to rectify the situation, we need to quickly kill whoever is trying to plant and if he succeeds in planting the spawns allow us to quickly overwhelm the area, suppress the other team long enough to get it diffused. It's just like having spawns outside the room in S&D Radec, it's great if we have total control of the area, but if that's the case it doesn't really matter where we have the spawns, S&D defense should be much easier than it has been. I think people in general try to be way too cute with spawns, it's like pounding a nail, use a fucking hammer, cuz it works.
Indifferent2.gif
Yeah, this follows my own experiences. Especially with spawn invincibility in the game, you might as well take advantage of it and have a spawn right next to the objective. If GG ever decides to tweak the spawn grenades, then we might have the opportunity to get a bit more fancy. ;)

Kittonwy said:
I think during clan matches we should have two tacticians, one is always on active duty and the other one should replace spawns ONLY IF the primary one is all the way on the other side of the map and can't and both spawns are about to run out, to prevent the entire team from spawning back home.
I find it's much easier with one good dedicated tactician. You know exactly where and when you dropped the spawns. I like to space out my two spawns (time wise), so that they don't run out at the same time and there's always one spawn active whenever the other one runs out. This can be difficult to coordinate when you have two tacticians.
Though I'll admit it's quite challenging to single-handedly keep up the spawns on Visari Hammer where the objectives are spaced out on a larger map.

Finally finished Killzone! Thank you Guerrilla for such a fantastic experience.

My god though, that fight with Radec is a bitch. I feel sorry for the people playing on Elite.

Question - During the final battle. Are the enemies infinite or do they stop coming after awhile?

TheFatOne

I think everyday GAFA should have a couple of clan games up. Something like 3on3 or 5on5 that way we get tons of practice, and different people can play every day.

Edit: I noticed something in the last clan game we had. When I bitch and moan I play horrible when I shut the fuck up I am pretty decent :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I am Lyulf lol. We have more games later on so please go on later today.

Edit: We got fucking destroyed in that game. Really how do we let three snipers on Radec beat us in bodycount. The other team wasn't even that good. All they did was turret us to death.

I be playin after dinner, just got home from work.

Destroyed? U guyz r a disgrace.
angry.gif

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:

angry.gif

On one game we lost because it was 4 on 1. At least I won bodycount :D The second game we lost because we sucked, but we won the third game because of Click, Joeinnit, and N1ghtz. They started a comeback. We were down 3-1 and they just went on fire and we ended up winning.

alr1ghtstart said:
victoly wuz ours last game.
Indifferent2.gif

Did you win the last 3 on 3 game? or are you talking about the 4 on 4 game?

Pallaris

I swear this games' server setup is playing tricks on me. Couple nights in a row now i've tried to find a game with my rank only and every first attempt results in a no game found error - then when I select the search again it displays active games. that just some odd shit.

Also, why am I getting the impression not many people are playing this onlin? I did a search for any rank, in EU region and there was only one page of rooms listed.

Just getting into a game isn't as hassle free/clear about what you're doing as something like Warhawk.

Nightz

TheFatOne said:
On one game we lost because it was 4 on 1. At least I won bodycount :D The second game we lost because we sucked, but we won the third game because of Click, Joeinnit, and N1ghtz. They started a comeback. We were down 3-1 and they just went on fire and we ended up winning.
You did pretty well yourself. :D I apologize for doing so crappy at the beginning of the match. That was only my second game of Killzone since downloading the patch and the controls felt slightly different to me. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off as I was getting adjusted. :lol

Hoping to get my official headset back soon. I've been using an old SOCOM headset and I think the mic on that thing is busted.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kittonwy said:

angry.gif

We did get destroyed. One of the other guys got banned halfway through. And one of the guys kept killing click through walls.

I sucked too. I need more practice in small games, I usually play 12-16 player games, and a 6 player game was real small.

Did the controls change? I dled the patch, logged in and hopped into the clan game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TheFatOne said:
Did you win the last 3 on 3 game? or are you talking about the 4 on 4 game?

the other team didn't show, so we just messed around. Won 1000 valor points (10 clan matches won).

TheFatOne

alr1ghtstart said:
the other team didn't show, so we just messed around. Won 1000 valor points (10 clan matches won).

Sweet I'm watching the Celtics game now. I think Click is good luck he said that he hopes the Celtics lose and they are winning by 22 :lol

Just downloaded the latest patch and now it takes a bit to jump to the main menu?

I DON"T WANT TO LISTEN TO VISARI WTF

I press X, it makes a noise and nothing happens.

In addition, it seems like the intro is all out of sync.

Lince

Banned
oneHeero said:
Wow didnt know clans resorted to just not spawning.

welcome to clan tournaments, make yourself at home. They are fixing this anyway (patch TBA), so we should be grateful that Guerrilla is fixing such a glaring flaw 3 or more months after the launch. Other developers just would look away, thanks Guerrilla.

I just had an awesome game with FFObs and Bcn, 32 players, very smooth. I think the game is improving.

TEH-CJ

Banned
AnonymousNoob said:
Just downloaded the latest patch and now it takes a bit to jump to the main menu?

I get the same thing. I think they use the intro for streaming or some shit?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TEH-CJ said:
I get the same thing. I think they use the intro for streaming or some shit?
Nope, looks like SCEI Technical Requirement for first party studios
You HAVE to show SCE logo and the developer logo
No biggie

oneHeero

AnonymousNoob said:

After the GG logo appears you can hit X or start and it bypasses the rest. Before it would let you hit X after Sony credit, now you have to see the GG logo too. I dont blame them, plus I think the GG logo is bad ass lol.

welcome to clan tournaments, make yourself at home. They are fixing this anyway (patch TBA), so we should be grateful that Guerrilla is fixing such a glaring flaw 3 or more months after the launch. Other developers just would look away, thanks Guerrilla.

I just had an awesome game with FFObs and Bcn, 32 players, very smooth. I think the game is improving.
Its kinda why I was worried about playing clan games through KZ setup instead of through gb.com. At least on gb.com we can blast the guys on the forum and people avoid that clan altogether lol.
I mean you can beat it by not losing and playing good or do it b4 hand but I really dislike using shitty tactics.
Lince Idk if you saw it, but I edit my post the other day to reflect water under the bridge

I bought this game at launch and I haven't even played it online yet. =(

I decided to start playing online only after I beat the singleplayer campaign. I only played for about an hour every few days because college got busy and I left off at what I think is the last boss. Resident Evil 5 came out 2 weeks later and I put a lot of time into that for about 10 days until I got the platinum trophy for it. I haven't played a console game since then...

Now I'm afraid that if I start this game now, I'm going to suck and feel discouraged from playing.

KZObsessed

Lince said:

:lol :lol

<3

spwolf

Pallaris said:
I swear this games' server setup is playing tricks on me. Couple nights in a row now i've tried to find a game with my rank only and every first attempt results in a no game found error - then when I select the search again it displays active games. that just some odd shit.

Also, why am I getting the impression not many people are playing this onlin? I did a search for any rank, in EU region and there was only one page of rooms listed.

Just getting into a game isn't as hassle free/clear about what you're doing as something like Warhawk.

it shows only rooms with slots available....

TheFatOne

oneHeero said:
Was horrible. We kinda catch up and than on deatchmatch they basically go up 1 kill and stop respawning and get a win.

How does GG fuck up this badly. Didn't they know people would do this. I mean wtf were they thinking. This and bringing the propaganda speaker to you own base should have been the first fixes.

oneHeero

TheFatOne said:
How does GG fuck up this badly. Didn't they know people would do this. I mean wtf were they thinking. This and bringing the propaganda speaker to you own base should have been the first fixes.
I think its just that somethings you dont expect people to do. I mean come on, its not like beta testers(inhouse beta) were purposely not spawning to fuck over the other people.

I expect things like this to get through quality, very small and the only people who do this are people desperate for wins so its not like the first week you have people doing this stuff. Granted its fucken annoying and stupid but as long as its fixed its all good.

Dementia

Are there any games going on right now? Nobody on my friends list or in my clan (vintage GAF, a dead clan, it seems) is playing. PSN id= Capt_Mhead

Btw, I just installed the patch today and the controls feel slick. I'm not sure what they changed, but I like it. :D

TheFatOne

oneHeero said:
I think its just that somethings you dont expect people to do. I mean come on, its not like beta testers(inhouse beta) were purposely not spawning to fuck over the other people.

I expect things like this to get through quality, very small and the only people who do this are people desperate for wins so its not like the first week you have people doing this stuff. Granted its fucken annoying and stupid but as long as its fixed its all good.

The beta was too small IMO. An open beta would have done wonders for this game. I now things like this might not pop up immediately but man when it does you have to fix it almost immediately. Cheats like this take awa one of the strongest parts of the online (clans matches). I would have been pretty pissed if that happened to me. I can see people starting to cheat more as you put more on the line. Nothing happens at first because you betting low valor.

alr1ghtstart said:
I just submitted grief reports on all of them.

To be honest I don't think nothing happens to these people no matter how many times you report them. It looks like GG does absolutely nothing to cheaters in general. They still allow them to play. The only time they do anything to them is if they catch them in a game they are watching.

Raist

Banned
Andronicus said:
GFEe people gots da eurolag - symptoms include taking 30 bullets before dying and teleportation as seen on the television program Heroes:lol

It's funny because you guys have exactly the same powers. Especially a well known cat :p

Jtrizzy

DIrtyWeasel said:

I decided to start playing online only after I beat the singleplayer campaign. I only played for about an hour every few days because college got busy and I left off at what I think is the last boss. Resident Evil 5 came out 2 weeks later and I put a lot of time into that for about 10 days until I got the platinum trophy for it. I haven't played a console game since then...

Now I'm afraid that if I start this game now, I'm going to suck and feel discouraged from playing.

i wouldn't worry about it. I did the same thing. Just started playing a lot of mp for the first time a few days ago. Just use the match making and you'll be fine.

YoungHav

Banned
I never got the "I haven't played online from the beginning and I'm gonna suck" mentality. Just play the game. You suck, you'll get better. I've had friends quit Warhawk after getting pwned for a day or two. Their loss.

Kittonwy

Banned
oneHeero said:

Instead of rushing in there to get killed, it's a better idea to just keep them in there, bombard them with grenades and bullets and FUCK THEM UP and FUCK THEIR K/D TO FUCKING HELL.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
DIrtyWeasel said:

As long as you don't fuck up your team's spawn rotation, you'll be alright.
Indifferent2.gif

JardeL

Who was the unlucky guy that killed by my [ guided :p ] grenades , 3 times in a row ?.. He got crazy after 3rd one :lol ...

Btw , new symbols for new ranks sux , I would like to see something similar to Warkawk's ... Cloverleaf or something maybe ... Or different colors , not yellow but golden maybe ...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry for the 3 team kills last night... i never played with Friendly Fire on. V__V

-viper-

Banned
Lince said:

BACK OFF XBOT

KZObsessed

JardeL said:
Who was the unlucky guy that killed by my [ guided :p ] grenades , 3 times in a row ?.. He got crazy after 3rd one :lol ...

Btw , new symbols for new ranks sux , I would like to see something similar to Warkawk's ... Cloverleaf or something maybe ... Or different colors , not yellow but golden maybe ...

Dezimator :lol

<3

KZObsessed

Fersis said:
Sorry for the 3 team kills last night... i never played with Friendly Fire on. V__V

No need to apologise. Temmates just get in the way of the killing. Makes sense to take them out of the equation...

Schrade said:
Wow, cool. It finally happened:

33y46tz.png

Am I looking at that wrong? It's still ~40,000 posts shy. What happened?

oneHeero said:
Wow didnt know clans resorted to just not spawning.

What do they do, just get up on points and sit on the lead?

Talk about playing for the wrong reasons. :lol

AndyD said:
We did get destroyed. One of the other guys got banned halfway through. And one of the guys kept killing click through walls.

I sucked too. I need more practice in small games, I usually play 12-16 player games, and a 6 player game was real small.

Did the controls change?
I dled the patch, logged in and hopped into the clan game.

a dev said no on the forums but something seems off with them since the patch, i find that i'm having to play with them more/make more small corrections while shooting

Kittonwy

Banned
Lince said:

Who r u and wut haz u done with lince.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom