• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

deepbrown

F#A#Oo said:
I just watched all of that run through...through the whole campaign that someone linked a few pages back...

The ending is lame to say the least and a real cop out...one has to ask did GG even recruit any writers because the story is pretty much non-existent but makes you feel like your being lead to something of a great break through. Which never happens...

Straight to MP for me...:D
You sir are a d***

rexor0717

F#A#Oo said:
What did I do? :lol

Have you watched the run through for yourself? because if you haven't I know alot more about it then you do at this point...:D
Yea KINDA SPOILER! NO SPECIFIC NAMES BUT IT STILL SPOILS BIG TIME!
DON'T YOU DARE READ IT!
Yea, the death in the game was very pointless. STOP HERE STOP HERE! They talk about capturing person #1 but then person #2 has to get all gung ho. It irritated me to no end.
In the end, the story really does boil down to "GO GO GO!"
I tried to make it as vague as possible, but still coherent enough so people would know.

Tenkai Star said:
One week left tomorrow. Not that I watch TV but from this thread I understand there is next to none PR. Seen som pictures in gamemagazines. but that aint enough. Come on Sony do something!

sony havent got a clue.

they've only just started to advertise motorstorm pr & resistance 2 on tv in the uk. i cant wait to see the killzone 2 ads in june :hippo

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
.GqueB. said:
I think that has a lot to do with the fact that PS3 owners make attempts (even subconsciously) to kill the "PS3 has no games" stigma that plagues the system. Whenever someone asks me for recommendations I always have a list thats about 4 or 5 games long that I do stand firmly behind but its never really focused. People just find it odd to name just ONE game.

Where as if someone asks the same question in regards to the 360 they would feel completely comfortable just saying Gears or Halo because theyre such big names and speak for themselves. Meanwhile I could just as easily recommend Left4Dead, Crackdown, and Fable
I'm just tired of hearing about this "stigma". Did it ever occur to you that PS3 fans name those games because they ACTUALLY enjoyed playing those games? *gasp* I know right? Oh and please... Go look at 360 recommendation topics, everyone's listed atleast 3+ games when asked which game they liked the best. What does that tell us about them? 360 has no gamez!! oh noez!

Eccocid said:
as geographically? its on both asia and europe :) i live in Asian side and work on European side :p

But Sony in here is a branch of Sony EU if i am not mistaken. They were my client at my ex ad agency we were getting layouts and templates form Sony EU.

But as i said they KZ2 is out on import shops only. Mostly leaked US versions heh

which company do you work for? TBW?

Concept17

It would seem I'm going to miss the KZ2 launch. I'll be picking the game up but my launch 60gb died yesterday. =(

Worst. timing. ever.

Mik2121

Damn, with the game available in so many places, I will go check tomorrow an store near my house where they always bring imported stuff (I'm in Japan, btw).

elohel

Concept17 said:
It would seem I'm going to miss the KZ2 launch. I'll be picking the game up but my launch 60gb died yesterday. =(

Worst. timing. ever.

how long have you had your 60gb?

im so scared now, ive srsly heard of so many 60gb's dying, and i have one

and i run folding on it all the time

watch, it's going to break the day killzone 2 comes out lol

Arnie

Wax Free Vanilla said:
sony havent got a clue.

they've only just started to advertise motorstorm pr & resistance 2 on tv in the uk. i cant wait to see the killzone 2 ads in june :hippo
QFT, I have seen a slew of MS2 and R2 ads the past few weeks. Why Sony, it's time to move on, R2 has bombed, just make sure KZ2 doesn't follow in it's footsteps (which it won't on the games quality alone).

So yeah, I've been playing a promo copy of KZ2 (just the game disc) I got from Sony for the past couple of days now. I'm liking it quite a lot. I definitely like it more than FEAR 2. To me it's like a big mashup of Gears of War + Call of Duty + FEAR.

One thing I will say against it - your teammates are the dumbest motherfuckers in the history of gaming. I think Ashley from RE4 was more of a help than these guys. I'm playing the game on Veteran at the moment, so I don't know how much this amplifies the problem. Seriously,
I was doing the part in the Tharsis Refinery mission, where you're on the train and there's an APC and 40 Higs trying to kill you and Rico.
And I died 15 or so times because he doesn't know how to shoot people or how to keep a Helghan off my back. That and I was stuck with a shitty StA52. I ended up beating that part by
hiding behind a crate, letting Rico get mobbed and knifing enough Helghan so that I could get the VC9 and blow up the APC without getting shot up too much

Love the electricity gun.

Truant

Mr. Pointy said:
So yeah, I've been playing a promo copy of KZ2 (just the game disc) I got from Sony for the past couple of days now. I'm liking it quite a lot. I definitely like it more than FEAR 2. To me it's like a big mashup of Gears of War + Call of Duty + FEAR.

One thing I will say against it - your teammates are the dumbest motherfuckers in the history of gaming. I think Ashley from RE4 was more of a help than these guys. I'm playing the game on Veteran at the moment, so I don't know how much this amplifies the problem.

It's probably the same as the Halo games, where your squadmates don't match the increased difficulity of the enemies on the higher settings.

Kinan

I just wanted to say how awesome is Russian localization of the demo. Nice voices, emotional swearing - plays like a native russian game, really. Awesome job, SCEE, bring on more quality localizations.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kinan said:
I just wanted to say how awesome is Russian localization of the demo. Nice voices, emotional swearing - plays like a native russian game, really. Awesome job, SCEE, bring on more quality localizations.
Yes.

Russian VO >>> English VO.

I just wish I understood Russian a bit better, I'd seriously play the game with that language on. In fact I'll probably play it in English once, and on Russian from there on, if I feel like replaying SP. You're right about the swearing - they deliver it so much better with such heartfelt juiciness.

ChrisD84

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but i saw an advert for the game on Dave (a UK tv channel) last night. I only caught a glimpse of the end but i saw an image of one of the Helghast and then it cut to a screen with the name.

That's the first piece of advertising i've seen for the game over here so far.

spwolf

Mr. Pointy said:

One thing I will say against it - your teammates are the dumbest motherfuckers in the history of gaming. I think Ashley from RE4 was more of a help than these guys. I'm playing the game on Veteran at the moment, so I don't know how much this amplifies the problem. Seriously,
I was doing the part in the Tharsis Refinery mission, where you're on the train and there's an APC and 40 Higs trying to kill you and Rico.
And I died 15 or so times because he doesn't know how to shoot people or how to keep a Helghan off my back. That and I was stuck with a shitty StA52. I ended up beating that part by
hiding behind a crate, letting Rico get mobbed and knifing enough Helghan so that I could get the VC9 and blow up the APC without getting shot up too much

Love the electricity gun.

they did it on purpose..

amar212

Lord Error said:
Yes.

Russian VO >>> English VO.

I just wish I understood Russian a bit better, I'd seriously play the game with that language on. In fact I'll probably play it in English once, and on Russian from there on, if I feel like replaying SP. You're right about the swearing - they deliver it so much better with such heartfelt juiciness.

Both Russian and German are top-noch, so much better than the English (sorry English-spoken people, it wasn't ment to be ofenssive in any way).

However, main downplay is that you can't change languages without deleting previous data or starting the game again with another profile. I'm so dissapointed because of that, because I'd certanly give it a go for some Trophies-Love replays on German and Russian.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Truant said:
Fuck, the heavies vary from extremely easy, to extremely hard.

Not a very fun enemy to fight, at all.

Disagree. I love fighting them. I wish there were more actually.

web01 said:
Very interesting seems like they are taking some influence from Metal Gear Online with the gear system if its true. Which is a good thing because it creates alot more longevity and gives a compeliing reason to keep playing.
That would be cool with the extra skins. Personally I'd like to see the character skins in MP (Templar as ISA tactician, Radec as HGH tactician, Hakka as ISA saboteur...etc etc etc

zoukka

Fenderputty said:
Yeah ... I remember a Dev saying on a video some time back that the friendly AI was intentionally made stupid because if they were smarter, they made the game too easy.

Then why have them at all?

zoukka said:

Don't ask me. At the time, I remember the game was under pretty hard criticism for being too easy. Stupid AI and all that blah blah. I don't know why they have them or kept them in, but the choice to make them less intelligent was for those reasons.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
elohel said:
how long have you had your 60gb?

im so scared now, ive srsly heard of so many 60gb's dying, and i have one

and i run folding on it all the time

watch, it's going to break the day killzone 2 comes out lol
True fact : The 60GB SKU is the more 'unstable' of all SKUs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
zoukka said:
The illusion that you're part of an army, not just a lone Rambo, and to absorb more shots so not everyone is focusing on you the whole time. Plus, at least in the demo, they do help you out from time to time.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
EazyB said:
I don't understand what's so wrong about buying other games. If Killzone 2 is as good as a lot of you say it is than you won't have to tell yourself to stick with it. I'm as big of a Halo 3 player as they come (5k+ games to date) yet I also play CoD on occasion and can't wait to get my hands on KZ2.

Halo doesn't have the popularity and community is has because people sat around thinking "I'm not going to pick up any other games because I want Halo to be popular." It's been as popular because of strong marketing, delivering in the gameplay department, and most of all the continued support of Bungie through playlist updates and DLC. CoD4 and WaW show up in the top of XBL activity list a bunch yet people always find their way back to Halo because it delivers, and for no other reason.

It seems a lot of you KZ2 diehards are getting worried about KZ2 success, and while Sony has been dropping the ball in regards to marketing, I really don't think you guys need to freak out. The hype has been incredible and based on the pre-order numbers it seems like it'll do well enough at retail to be profitable and ensure a sequel. If the majority of the PS3 playerbase moves on when MAG or MW2 comes out than it's only GG's fault for not making a game with enough replay value or not supporting it enough after the release.

It has nothing to do with the community "believing" in the game, it's about the game and its developer delivering a kickass game that's worth playing and stand the test of time.

Exactly. At least this sounds saner than that "let's be a viral marketer" pathetic shit.

andycapps

zoukka said:
But a four (whatever) man job? :lol

It was that way in the first Killzone though. You had Hakha, Luger, and Rico. And oh how I hated Rico in the first game. :lol

But I'm guessing the reason for it is.. design choice?

zoukka

andycapps said:
It was that way in the first Killzone though. You had Hakha, Luger, and Rico. And oh how I hated Rico in the first game. :lol

I've completed the original and I can't remember them ever getting in the way of my shooting action. By the text somewhere above I just took that they can be of annoyance in K2?

Actually if the teammates are useless, then it's more of a visual perk/atmospheric thing that game design decision.

From the demo I thought the Friendly AI was decent. They clearly need you to advance but I never found them completely useless.

Best of all really is that they do distract enemies, such a great change from R2 where apparently all they could see was Hale. That alone added a nice bit of atmosphere.

Kittonwy

Banned
andycapps said:

I didn't like how immobile Rico was in the first game.

Dante

zoukka said:
I've completed the original and I can't remember them ever getting in the way of my shooting action. By the text somewhere above I just took that they can be of annoyance in K2?

Actually if the teammates are useless, then it's more of a visual perk/atmospheric thing that game design decision.

The problem is your treating it too much like a real life scenario. You have to balance it so that your so squadmates help out and get some kills without being too good and making the player feel like they are not really contributing. You could prob easily program them to be super efficient killing machines, but how much fun would that be for the player?

Kittonwy

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
From the demo I thought the Friendly AI was decent. They clearly need you to advance but I never found them completely useless.

Best of all really is that they do distract enemies, such a great change from R2 where apparently all they could see was Hale. That alone added a nice bit of atmosphere.

I found Garza to be a better friendly AI than most games aside from maybe UNCHARTED!!!111!!!
angry.gif
, Garza did a pretty good job distracting enemies and taking some of them out. I figure if he's a better shot, it would probably make the game too easy.

Mik2121

Kittonwy said:
I found Garza to be a better friendly AI than most games aside from maybe UNCHARTED!!!111!!!
angry.gif
, Garza did a pretty good job distracting enemies and taking some of them out. I figure if he's a better shot, it would probably make the game too easy.
Man, I never know how to read your comments, inside my mind. You talk about something good and all of a sudden the angry face shows up, or some exclamation marks where they shouldn't... :lol

Top Bottom