• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
fps fanatic said:
I gotta give some more praise to the AI in this game. Playing the demo for probably the 20th time, when you just get to the beginning of the warehouse section, some of the Helghast you take on at that part. one of them who I usually think will hide behind cover on the floor, when I peeked up over the railing/cover, I thought he was dead already because I saw him lying down. But the bastard was lying on his stomach prone and started shooting at me! :lol C'mon retailers in the US, break that street date! I won't tell
anyone other than GAF. ;)

Playing hide-and-seek with teh AI in the demo is basically a nightly ritual for me.
angry.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks TTP for adding me. :)
*Hugs TTP*

Negaiido said:
To all dutchies here:

Is there a shop in the netherlands where they already sell the game? I just can't wait another week :D

nope :(

And most of the online shops Ive seen have the release date on the 27th which I don't understand...

GodofWine

RJNavarrete said:
So apparently you can have pistols-only matches and the like? SWEET!

2heg2zo.jpg

They need an all grenade battle with infinite grenades...that would be fun :lol

( I just love the explosions too much)

Facism

Fersis said:
Thanks TTP for adding me. :)
*Hugs TTP*

you lucky champ. I had requested a add looong ago when people played MGO and he never added me :( Eventually removed the request because it looked lonely at the bottom of my friendslist.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Its been a long time where I have been as excited if not more so about a games multiplayer as I am the campaign.

Im like the opposite. Basically, im gonna have to force myself through the campaign. Im all about MP baby :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I love how deep the customization is.... and bots!

Rikyfree

Dax01 said:
Portal's ending credits is better.
Agree to disagree :D :lol

I feel the song in Portal was good, but the credits and the visual design left something to be desired, whereas these credits show alot more happening on screen along with placing the actual names of the people in places that just seem to flow well. Also the techno Killzone music is pretty sweet too.

BeeDog

Rikyfree said:

I feel the song in Portal was good, but the credits and the visual design left something to be desired, whereas these credits show alot more happening on screen along with placing the actual names of the people in places that just seem to flow well. Also the techno Killzone music is pretty sweet too.

Grrrr it's not fucking techno.

Rikyfree said:

It doesn't really matter how good the credits are (really, who gives a fuck?) as long as they give credit to all those responsible for the product.

Haunted

Those credits could be straight from a Hollywood Blockbuster movie. How fitting. :D

edit: love the drum 'n' bass at the start as well.

Dax01 said:
Flower's ending credits are better.
fixed.

Dante

You know....When people are watching and posting the end credits....IT"S TIME TO START SELLING YOUR GAME!!!!!!

:(

BTW...Those credits are SICK :)

Haunted

Dax01 said:
Secondly, I haven't played Flower, so I wouldn't know.
Retro Game Challenge's credits are also better.

Flower's credits are like an extra stage - I <3 playable/interactive credits.

Official Sony headset on the way.

So, how does one cope with using 5.1 while having one of those... things lodged in your ear? Won't there be a lot of background noise? It's not like I can use my headphones in addition to the headset... right?

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I got an advance copy from a friend yesterday.
The game is seriously awesome. The ai is phenomenal; constantly changing and adapting, taking you by surprise. It's annoying the servers aren't on but I've messed around with the bot matches though.
The game is so immersive that it's easy to forget just how good it looks.

Danne-Danger said:

So, how does one cope with using 5.1 while having one of those... things lodged in your ear? Won't there be a lot of background noise? It's not like I can use my headphones in addition to the headset... right?

Actually thats exactly what I do.
I clip the headset to my shirt and use it as my mic and just have all incoming chat come through my
headphones.

Spank_Magnet said:
The game is seriously awesome. The ai is phenomenal; constantly changing and adapting, taking you by surprise. It's annoying the servers aren't on but I've messed around with the bot matches though.

You dirty dirty bastard.

Q-bert

Banned
Danne-Danger said:

Use the microphone part of the headset, but leave the output coming through your sound setup.

I play with headphones from my receiver, and just clip the bluetooth earpiece to the headphones. It picks up my voice fine.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Spank_Magnet said:

The taking of
Visari Square
reminded me a lot of Halo (1). You can replay the sequence again and again, using different tactics & mixtures of weapons and the enemies respond with different attack strategies. Great stuff.

Also, yes it probably is the best looking console game I've ever played.

Dante

nib95 said:
Just got my promo copy. Should have my Collectors Edition (Tin) on release as well (which I actually paid for).

So Jealous, I got SFIV today to hold me over, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for KZ2 :)

Top Bottom