• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Wow, Killzone 2 was my first multiplayer shooter ever. I am actually serious...:lol .

I tried it out last night for the first time. I played ranked matches, joined a couple of groups and got up to like Sergant 1st Class or something. After my initial learning phase and jitters was over I did really well, even I finished first place in points several times :D

Just wanted to share. My PSN name is the same as my tag :lol

Rolf NB

Sometimes you can't quite place the optimal spawn point because someone on the other team defends the place where you'd want to put it, so on occasion I just try to establish a reasonably usable spawn location before I'm shot dead.

I always get the facing right though. Always. That's the most important thing. Wasting your spawn invincibilty time with getting your bearings, because you can't even tell where in the level you are from what you see when you respawn, is ... bad.

All badges DUN :D

Just picked up the last air support badge or atleast DUN until the map pack drops but the new one's should be pretty easy as to pick up as none them require any damn air support.

Kittonwy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Is anyone picking up those map packs? I'm still undecided, 6 bucks for 2 maps seems like a lot.

I am.
angry.gif

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Awesome games tonight. Gotta go sleep now tho.

Yeah, tonight was fun. I am glad some of you GAFA guys joined us, it restored my faith in killzone 2 multiplayer a little. However, as soon as I stupidly join a game with no friends in or a clan tournament my faith will be utterly destroyed once again.

AndyD

aka andydumi
AranhaHunter said:
Is anyone picking up those map packs? I'm still undecided, 6 bucks for 2 maps seems like a lot.

I'm going to wait for the retro ones in May/June. If they have a 8-10 dollar bundle for all 4 then I will bite.

Dementia

Good games tonight guys. I had fun, but I don't think I was ever on the winning team. FFObessed and Cagen kept teaming up together and kicking my ass (I was Capt_Mhead, or "Mikhead" to you guys :lol :lol ).

DuckRacer

McLovin said:
.. not really :/
$6 for two campaign-based maps, one a gimmick and another supposedly small, yeah that's a bit much.

I'll probably get the retro pack whenever it releases, but this can take a hike.

TheFatOne

After playing several clan games with Click yesterday and after playing some clan games today Click has a good point. GAFA does not really have great engineers. CJ is pretty good I'm terrible at being an engineer. I am going to keep practicing with the engineer class. I want GAFA to have at least one dedicated engineer. I need some help though. I don't really know where are good places to put up turrets. If anyone has some tips on placing turrets I would appreciate it.

Dementia

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah good game mhead. That Tharsis match was pretty fun.
One thing that made that match kinda cool was that for the first couple of rounds everybody was fighting on the upper level, which is a place that people don't often go on that map.

AndyD said:
I'm going to wait for the retro ones in May/June. If they have a 8-10 dollar bundle for all 4 then I will bite.

That's what I might do, they'll probably have a bundle once they have all the map packs out like they have for warhawk right now.

Dante

Jtrizzy said:
do most games disable rockets? and is there a way to tell if rockets are disabled before entering the game?

Usually it is in the server name. I've noticed more and more games are disabling em, I haven't been in a Rocket game in quite some time.

test_account

XP-39C²
AranhaHunter said:
Ye, i am getting the map packs at day 1 :) Is 6 bucks for 2 maps really that much though? How does the price compare to other map packs? Those Call of Duty Map packs who had 4 maps for $9.99, that is about $2.50 for each map. The Killzone 2 maps are about $3 pr. map. That is $1 more expencive. 1 dollar is money, and it is more expencive, there is no doubt about that, but i dont think it is that much more money :)

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I really wish team damage could be turned off for ranked games. I was just teamed killed 9 times in one round. What bullshit. People need to learn to aim.
Team damage can be turned off for ranked gamse. At least i have played several of ranked matches where friendly fire wasnt enabled :)

Rolf NB

Yeah, nice games last night. GAFe delivers once again. Kitton spied out our ways on Visari Hammer while pretending to pull for us. A smart move. Will it pay off for the Sunday face-off of clans? Let's stay tuned, together.

By the loving care of FFO and Cagen I also earned my final assassination defend ribbon and am now all platinumed'n'shit. I feel no difference but I'm glad I finally did it so I can stop worrying about ribbons.

Cagen

bcn-ron said:
Yeah, nice games last night. GAFe delivers once again. Kitton spied out our ways on Visari Hammer while pretending to pull for us. A smart move. Will it pay off for the Sunday face-off of clans? Let's stay tuned, together.

By the loving care of FFO and Cagen I also earned my final assassination defend ribbon and am now all platinumed'n'shit. I feel no difference but I'm glad I finally did it so I can stop worrying about ribbons.

:lol I took a bullet for you in that assassination defence on Corinth, it was from Mickhead as well. I felt like a member of the Secret Service.

Also I am glad you didn't take any offence to FFO and myself Dementia. Lince, FFO and myself often come up with nick names, mess around, harass beautiful señoritas (Lince does this one :lol), taunt the opposition a little in very stupid ways to keep our selves entertained.

Rolf NB

Cagen said:
:lol I took a bullet for you in that assassination defence on Corinth, it was from Mickhead as well. I felt like a member of the Secret Service.
When we lost you, we lost a great soldier, a comrade, a friend. I put him down for what he did, and I would have brought you back, too, if only I could.
*wipes tear*

slider

Gah, you're all having a great time. I'm gonna have to give some time to this sucker having only dipped in twice.

Also I must stop simply saying this and actually do it.

VNZ

Dante said:
Usually it is in the server name. I've noticed more and more games are disabling em, I haven't been in a Rocket game in quite some time.
Yeah. Unfortunately it's boost that should be disabled in most game (and luckily, I find it more and more common). A boosting engineer, for example, is way cheaper than any rocket launcher. But since by disabling the assault class - which is the only way to disable boost - only the rifle man can use rockets and you effectively get rid of any RLs as well.

McLovin

YoungHav said:
considering it only came with 8 maps, one of which sucks (Pyrrhus)... yes really.
Pyrrhus is one of the coolest maps ever! Why do you hate it so much?
And 6$ isn't allot.. thats the kind of money that falls out of your pocket and your like "hey wheres my $6!!" and you glance around for like 2-3 seconds and say "aww fuck it.. it was just $6" :|

Lord Phol

Just got the game and a PS3, unlocked Medic Badge and even though I'm far froom grooving it out I'm usually around top score ^^.

Add LordPhol if you wanna rock some games!

Kittonwy

Banned
Dementia said:
Good games tonight guys. I had fun, but I don't think I was ever on the winning team. FFObessed and Cagen kept teaming up together and kicking my ass (I was Capt_Mhead, or "Mikhead" to you guys :lol :lol ).

You were pretty good with the 1shot rifle, next time Im gonna be on ur team.
angry.gif

Facism

Cagen said:

Also I am glad you didn't take any offence to FFO and myself Dementia. Lince, FFO and myself often come up with nick names, mess around, harass beautiful señoritas (Lince does this one :lol), taunt the opposition a little in very stupid ways to keep our selves entertained.

I always seem to miss you guys when you all play together. Usually i sit and wait in the chat room hoping people will actually play together, instead of spreading round servers or losing high vp 2v2 tournaments.

When do you guys manage to play together? I'd like more reasons to actually continue playing this.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
After playing several clan games with Click yesterday and after playing some clan games today Click has a good point. GAFA does not really have great engineers. CJ is pretty good I'm terrible at being an engineer. I am going to keep practicing with the engineer class. I want GAFA to have at least one dedicated engineer. I need some help though. I don't really know where are good places to put up turrets. If anyone has some tips on placing turrets I would appreciate it.

aj is a good engineer but I haven't seen him on lately.
angry.gif

KZObsessed

bcn-ron said:

Yaaaaaaay! :D

Would have been easier if Cagen didn't blow up my turret! And put the C4 on the stairs like I said, so Mickhead would have been killed coming down them. Luckily Cagen got killed tho! Fully deserved! :p

Raist

Banned
McLovin said:
Pyrrhus is one of the coolest maps ever! Why do you hate it so much?

Pyrrhus is cool. It looks great, the design has some interesting bits.
The problem is that it's the most unbalanced map by FAR.

KZObsessed

Dementia said:

Miiiiiiiickheeeeeeeeeaaaaaad!!!!
angry.gif

I got that from Scrubs, Dr Mickhead. :p

Sorry about teaming up, I always play with either Cagen or Lince in my squad. More about having fun than getting the win tho.

You're good with that Sab rifle, kept killing me!

Rolf NB

Facism said:
I always seem to miss you guys when you all play together. Usually i sit and wait in the chat room hoping people will actually play together, instead of spreading round servers or losing high vp 2v2 tournaments.

When do you guys manage to play together? I'd like more reasons to actually continue playing this.
Just boot it up around 10pm, hit "Join game"=>"Join clan member". I've fallen into the same trap yesterday, downloading some stuff, playing the Red Faction demo and checking the friends list I just thought "huh, nobody's on playing". Eventually I decided to just go play some randoms and what do you know, when I was actually in the game and ready to go, FFO and Cagen and Bignose were playing so I just joined them.

I really need to get my friends list overhauled so I can see "from the outside" when stuff is happening, but it seems the most prolific players all have full lists.

McLovin

Raist said:
Pyrrhus is cool. It looks great, the design has some interesting bits.
The problem is that it's the most unbalanced map by FAR.
I guess I like it so much because I usually play as Scout.. sometime Saboteur.. and as a Helghast on that map:/

Rolf NB

FFObsessed said:
I recently cleared some space so you can send me one Bacon. I thought you were already on my list actually, but guess not.
Done and done. Added Fersis and Lord Phol as well.

Weird thing is Cagen has been on my friends list for a while, but I don't think I saw him playing Killzone 2 there before entering the game. Is there usually a delay between people firing up a game and it showing up in other people's friends lists?

Cagen

Facism said:

I refuse to play without a friend playing with me or the game is practically unbearable. Last night I was trying to get someone to come play with me and FFO said he would, Bacon then joined us a long with a bunch of Ameri-GAFers and it ended up being a fun night.

I usually just pester people in the chat to try get them to play a game or two with me, it tends to be late evening.

bcn-ron said:
Done and done. Added Fersis and Lord Phol as well.

Weird thing is Cagen has been on my friends list for a while, but I don't think I saw him playing Killzone 2 there before entering the game. Is there usually a delay between people firing up a game and it showing up in other people's friends lists?

I don't think there is, I am either on killzone or streaming something and I'm usually in the chat room either way.

I'll add you later LordPhol if you want to follow us into some Euro-GAF destruction.

Edit: No one is in the chat right now, besides bluie the recluse. Anyone want to play some games with me?

KZObsessed

I just joined the chat. But I'm playing a quick game of Pro Evo before I go back to watching Man U get ass fucked. :(

Will play KZ2 after.

Dementia

FFObsessed said:
Miiiiiiiickheeeeeeeeeaaaaaad!!!!
angry.gif

I got that from Scrubs, Dr Mickhead. :p

Sorry about teaming up, I always play with either Cagen or Lince in my squad. More about having fun than getting the win tho.

You're good with that Sab rifle, kept killing me!
Haha. It was actually pretty fun playing against you guys... it made it all the more satisfying when I took you down or did manage to complete some objectives and could then hear your banter afterwards.:lol

Kittonwy said:
You were pretty good with the 1shot rifle, next time Im gonna be on ur team.
angry.gif
We played pretty well together on Blood Gracht. You were setting up some good spawns on search and destroy, but we kind up fucked up at the end on search and destroy defend and assassination. Oh well.

Cagen said:
Ugh, I was so close! I remember jumping down and then just standing behind both of you for maybe 5 seconds trying to figure out where exactly the assassination target was, meanwhile I was completely oblivious to the timer.

Top Bottom