• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Rolf NB

Oh wow, Lord Phol is playing some weird shit. 5 minute bodycount only on Corinth. 16vs16 on Tharsis Depot with all classes and weapons enabled. WEIRD.

We'll have to beat some good taste into this young one :lol

edit: technically I'm on now, already played a couple of rounds. I'll get one that chat thing shortly.

obaidr

Banned
i am playing the SP campaign again and since the last patch every time i die the whole system crashs and i need to turn it off manually. Did anyone experience this?

obaidr said:
i am playing the SP campaign again and since the last patch every time i die the whole system crashs and i need to turn it off manually. Did anyone experience this?
Really? Wow, I haven't touched SP since the patch. Let me jump into it real quick and get killed.

What difficulty / level (section) is this occurring on?

Hm, well I was unable to re-produce your issue. Perhaps there is some sort of corruption that happened from one of the original crashes? I played through a few of the mech sections, dieing after each check point. Then I played a bit of Lazar Highway. No freezes.

obaidr said:

I've pretty much played through the last half of the game on elite and haven't had anything like that happen to me when I died. Sorry bro

Neiteio

Does this game have splitscreen multiplayer? I loved the demo -- stellar audiovisual, rock-solid gameplay -- and I have $80 in gift cards at Target. However, I want to buy something I can play with my brothers, like Warhawk and RE5. Any hope?

Neiteio said:
Does this game have splitscreen multiplayer? I loved the demo -- stellar audiovisual, rock-solid gameplay -- and I have $80 in gift cards at Target. However, I want to buy something I can play with my brothers, like Warhawk and RE5. Any hope?

Nope. Single-player and online only.

Facism

Cagen said:
I refuse to play without a friend playing with me or the game is practically unbearable. Last night I was trying to get someone to come play with me and FFO said he would, Bacon then joined us a long with a bunch of Ameri-GAFers and it ended up being a fun night.

Yes, this is my problem. KZ2 MP is terrible outside of friends and clans. Fucking rocks when we manage to get together, but i never seem to be online when it happens.

Looking forward to GAFe vs. GAFa tomorrow. Going to be a good game

Wait, are the spots for GAFa and GAFe pre-determined or whomever is online for it?

Also, Facism, I must partially agree and partially disagree. It rocks, yes, when GAF and/or other friends are on to play with you. However, if you join a random game and find people who will respond to you when you shout on the mic, the game is generally really fun.

Even if its not pro-level or completely organized with tactful battles, you can still pull an XBLA and yell at the people you mow down and squad up to work with a few of the people who seem to care about the game.

Pallaris

If anyone's up for adding another KZ2 player add me: Hellblazer (just tag your message K2 gaf or somin so I know)

I'm trying to like the online to be honest but having issues finding games (seems like not many peeps are playing the game to me... so odd) Last couple nights i've been lucky to find 4-6p games which on huge maps like the market aren't great.

Gonna play now for a bit if anyone's up for it.

Loudninja

Pallaris said:
If anyone's up for adding another KZ2 player add me: Hellblazer (just tag your message K2 gaf or somin so I know)

I'm trying to like the online to be honest but having issues finding games (seems like not many peeps are playing the game to me... so odd) Last couple nights i've been lucky to find 4-6p games which on huge maps like the market aren't great.

Gonna play now for a bit if anyone's up for it.

Ok I added you :)

Pallaris

Thanks man, always good to get more gaf peeps on the list. I joined you for a couple rounds but those games were so chaotic for me so I left I think after the 4th body count.

Also, having taken TTP's advice before I started playing online I had no idea how bad the performance was on those crazy 32 player games... i was literally in a slide show at one point.

Man, as awesome as KZ2 is I still think I prefer playing stuff like Warhawk/CoD4 online as go to games. CoD4 feels a little less clusterfucky to me and probably a littler friendlier to people who just want to play for 30 mins every so often. I dunno perhaps i'm remembering things differently to how they really were. I really don't like the abuse of the spawn grenades or the random turret placement. I always feel those kills are pretty cheap. I dunno, bit of a love/hate relationship with the mp mode at the moment.

JB1981

Pallaris said:
Thanks man, always good to get more gaf peeps on the list. I joined you for a couple rounds but those games were so chaotic for me so I left I think after the 4th body count.

Also, having taken TTP's advice before I started playing online I had no idea how bad the performance was on those crazy 32 player games... i was literally in a slide show at one point.

Man, as awesome as KZ2 is I still think I prefer playing stuff like Warhawk/CoD4 online as go to games. CoD4 feels a little less clusterfucky to me and probably a littler friendlier to people who just want to play for 30 mins every so often. I dunno perhaps i'm remembering things differently to how they really were. I really don't like the abuse of the spawn grenades or the random turret placement. I always feel those kills are pretty cheap. I dunno, bit of a love/hate relationship with the mp mode at the moment.

Pretty much. I went back to COD 4 recently as well and I had a much better time. It's a much better balanced game.

Thrakier

MP feels and looks better than anything else and has a huge potential to be a great tactical CS like shooter.

That's it. If they don't add a no respawn mode this game will never show it's full potential. Whatever. It's still nice to play from time to time. I won't buy the maps though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thrakier said:
MP feels and looks better than anything else and has a huge potential to be a great tactical CS like shooter.

That's it. If they don't add a no respawn mode this game will never show it's full potential. Whatever. It's still nice to play from time to time. I won't buy the maps though.

Listen to this man GG!
After playing with Gafe today i concluded that i dont like KZ2 MP now.
Im taking a break from KZ2 until the next patch (Were i assume they will add the no respawn option or at least something like a spawn limit)

EDIT: Of course, you can remove from the GafE clan to add another player

patsu

Bah, someone send me the link to the GAFA chat room. I am not in the clan because it's full, but would be great if I listen in and help out when the turnout is low. 8^P

patsu said:
Bah, someone send me the link to the GAFA chat room. I am not in the clan because it's full, but would be great if I listen in and help out when the turnout is low. 8^P

Ditto, except I'm in the clan but when I had to format my HDD I lost the chat. I'm sick of missing the matches.

test_account

XP-39C²
Pallaris said:
What happend in the game at that point? I dont think i have gotten around 5 frames per second so you can see the game going frame by frame like a slideshow in the 32-player matches before, but the frame rate can indeed drop abit in those 32-players indeed :\ Personally I do find the 32-player games playable for most of the times though (i have probably played something around 300-350 32-player matches) :)

test_account said:
What happend in the game at that point? I dont think i have gotten around 5 frames per second so you can see the game going frame by frame like a slideshow in the 32-player matches before, but the frame rate can indeed drop abit in those 32-players indeed :\ Personally I do find the 32-player games playable for most of the times though (i have probably played something around 300-350 32-player matches) :)

Wow, my framerate slows, but it never looks like a slide show.

test_account

XP-39C²
cjtiger300 said:
Wow, my framerate slows, but it never looks like a slide show.
Ye, me either, but i guess it could happend if alot of things happends in the game at the same time, so i was just wondering what was going on in the game when it dropped to a slideshow framerate ( i think that this is around 5 frames per second or so at least, or maybe around 10 frame per second as well?) :)

EDIT: I have started to play on servers with alittle less players than 32 players lately by the way. Maybe i play on max 20-players servers or so. I think the game can be abit more fun with abit fewer players than 32 players :) The framerate seems to be steady about all the time with fewer players as well, but i still find the framterate in the 32-player matches to be playable for the most times though. And maybe the ping/latency is alittle better in the games with fewer players as well? But i guess that also depends on how fast the internet connection the host/server is using :)

oneHeero

TheFatOne said:
To be honest I'm getting some Killzone 2 fatigue. I think I might put the game down for awhile.
You know what I did when that hit me recently? I played some Socom, Warhawk and COD4. Spent time with all 3 and cameback to KZ2 refreshed. Each game had its own style and were still very populated. Warhawk was just so much fun to play still. Same with Socom, such solid gameplay. Cod4 is cod4, 5kills > airstrike > 7 kills > Helicopter die repeat. Felt good to go back and play a game where I was going 40-5 or 30-10 etc. Good ole days of stomping people :p

Now I love playing KZ2 again.

Finally beat the SP campaign.

Good game, amazing graphics, but I really hate the Rico character. He acts and talks more like a gangsta than an elite space marine but whatevah.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got pissed, decided to noob it up, picked the shotgun, and scored my first 700 point round.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Played after 2 weeks yesterday, and it was a lot of fun! Cagen and Raist kept killing me though. :mad: ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll get you two! Ah, well, I'll try.

Dante

Had my first really bad exp with hap hazard tacticians tonight. I didn't get all the tact hate b4 tonight :( Goddamn the air support badge is tough!

TheFatOne said:
To be honest I'm getting some Killzone 2 fatigue. I think I might put the game down for awhile.

Take an inFamous break! Between Titanium and Steel and the Retro pack.

Jtrizzy

The shotgun is overpowered and annoying at times, but the one that gets me is the rocket launcher. That shouldn't have been included in the multiplayer.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Jtrizzy said:
The shotgun is overpowered and annoying at times, but the one that gets me is the rocket launcher. That shouldn't have been included in the multiplayer.
Every FPS game has those. Even MGO, but I like MGO's way better. You have to earn 10,000 (I think) DP first.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tempy said:
Maybe we should kill Rico off.

I agree.
You killed the wrong guy. Albeit Rico's death would have not been as moving since the player would have likely gone "Hells YEAH! FINALLY!"

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
After playing with Gafe today i concluded that i dont like KZ2 MP now.
Im taking a break from KZ2 until the next patch (Were i assume they will add the no respawn option or at least something like a spawn limit)

you serious? we had a lot of fun yesterday! is it because I killed you with the medic gun? sorry, I always try to get 4-5 kills with it before the game ends just to make FFO choke with laughter.

Fersis said:
Of course, you can remove from the GafE clan to add another player

:(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
you serious? we had a lot of fun yesterday! is it because I killed you with the medic gun? sorry, I always try to get 4-5 kills with it before the game ends just to make FFO choke with laughter.

:(
Wut? I didnt know that you can kill with medic gun!!! @___@
The spawns are what it turns me off about KZ2.
I will take a break until the next patch

KZObsessed

Yeah, but Fersis your team only had like 4 guys against us all. That wouldn't have been fun for anyone, you should play with Lince, Cagen, Raist and myself on our team sometime. We just have a laugh.

Spawn invincibility must go

Shurs

I finally put in the time to beat the single player yesterday. It was awesome. Now I'm ready to jump into multiplayer more than I had. I didn't think that the story, as told in the game, was all that great but I really enjoyed the ending. It took me a little under 8 hours to beat the game. Rico was a worthless piece of shit on the last level.

I would love as DLC a hardcore, no re-spawn multiplayer mode that adds cover back in. Though that is pie in the sky thinking as there really aren't a ton of places to use as cover in the existing multiplayer maps.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jtrizzy said:

I tend to only play on rocket-free servers, so that's not as big a problem for me anymore. But the shotgun... that burns me up. But I gotta say, on Corinth Crossing, I was dominating with the shotgun and it was so easy. This was the first time I used a shotgun an entire round since I've become adequate at the game (SMG for life), and I felt dirty. Since aiming in this game isn't as precise in other FPS, the normal disadvantages of a slow weapon like this aren't as bad as they should be. Maybe I'll just become another shotgun whore.

Top Bottom