• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Lince said:
FFO <3

nice S&D attack against the IKZ clan, GAFe would never lose to randoms like that, they were ultimately owned, I just don't understand why the switched factions in CC... I'll join you again later today.

and lol at Fersis saying "I should be banned" :lol

Good. Cagen has just had a tantrum and left so I need someone to play with tonight :lol

I think I'll play some other game in the meantime... need to finish Dead Space, hasn't really grabbed me yet tho.

RavenFox

Banned
Great game lastnight fellas [VectorRaven]. Im was so amazed at the graphics once again for the new map lvls. Hey Kittonwy how about some GAFA love for an old clan member :-(.

edit: Oh and so much damn bitchin. Some folks take there KZ2 gaming just a tad to serious. Yeah I understand we all paid for it but damn. Just the way I feel anyway.

Lince

Banned
Anerythristic said:
What is a random ? It's just an elitist term ?

when you're playing in some organized team (pref. your clan or friends) versus a bunch of people that just happened to join the same server and are in the opposing team, nothing elitist there imo.

Lince said:
when you're playing in some organized team (pref. your clan or friends) versus a bunch of people that just happened to join the same server and are in the opposing team, nothing elitist there imo.

Oh , so it's to denote people working as a team. I know I can usually finish above people with clan tags in points but my side still lose the objectives because they,the side that won, was working together while other people were refusing to do so. :D

Lince

Banned
Anerythristic said:
Oh , so it's to denote people working as a team. I know I can usually finish above people with clan tags in points but my side still lose the objectives because they were working together while other people were refusing to do so. :D

randoms = not working together, if you put your heart into planting / defusing in S&D and in S&R attack you're likely to get killed a lot until you get it right, teamplay isn't always the best way to get the higher K/D, but I don't give a crap about that.

edit: I saw you edited, ok :D

KZObsessed

Anerythristic said:
Oh , so it's to denote people working as a team. I know I can usually finish above people with clan tags in points but my side still lose the objectives because they,the side that won, was working together while other people were refusing to do so. :D

Maybe it's because you Team Kill the guy planting the charge on S&D? :p

RavenFox said:
Great game lastnight fellas [VectorRaven]. Im was so amazed at the graphics once again for the new map lvls. Hey Kittonwy how about some GAFA love for an old clan member :-(.

edit: Oh and so much damn bitchin. Some folks take there KZ2 gaming just a tad to serious. Yeah I understand we all paid for it but damn. Just the way I feel anyway.

oh man , i was wondering who that was! u pissed me off so much with that damn LMG!:lol

Zen

Banned
I woke up today thinking "I want to play Killzone 2 online" That hasn't happened in a long time.

Also, regular class with the Helghast equivalent of Ricos gun = Absurdly effective front lines soldier.

I didn't get to bed until a few hours ago, but my want to play the game was refreshed with the two new maps.
Last night was giving some of the better players in GAFA a run for their money, too :lol

Time for a powernap, then to join some of you in the warzone!

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Good. Cagen has just had a tantrum and left so I need someone to play with tonight :lol

I think I'll play some other game in the meantime... need to finish Dead Space, hasn't really grabbed me yet tho.

:lol Having half my hits not register, shooting someone in the head 6 times then walking away and them dying 6 seconds later is not a game I will be playing in. Then on top of that being called a newb every time I died by the opposition, which is not something I would normally care about and I often enjoy some banter to rile each other up, as long as it doesn't get out of hand but I was already getting increasingly annoyed by physically not being able to kill people no matter how much I shot them.

Then I had the incredibly stupid idea to join a random game by myself which while it wasn't noticeably laggy, not enough to annoy me anyway, it was full of morons placing spawn points in bad positions now allowing me to place decent ones and thus losing us the game. I promptly turned Killzone off.

I'll be on in about an hour if there are enough GAF people online, how long I will stay is yet to be seen.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
but narrower, leading to constant clusterfucks with more than 14p
Killzone should not be played with more than 14-16 players

I downloaded the map pack today, but I also downloaded Flower and Nobi Nobi Boy.

Flower has stolen my attention, but I'm gonna play the new maps later tonight... Is anyone planning on setting up a GAF room?

Dibbz

shagg_187 said:
There is a playlist for new map. It's conveniently called "Steel and Titanium Maps".
I could have sword there was no option in the filters for that. There is Killzone 2 Originals then all the maps listed seperately.

Dibbz said:
I could have sword there was no option in the filters for that. There is Killzone 2 Originals then all the maps listed seperately.

As far as my version of KZ2 goes, you are correct. I only have "Killzone 2 Originals", "Any" and each map individually. They just need to patch in a search filter that allows me to find servers that have certain maps in rotation (even if they aren't being played right that moment).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dibbz said:

There is no option. He's referring to a new playlist alongside "Warzone", "Mini Frag" etc. It's there just to create a game with new maps only, not to search for one.

Dirtbag

The implementation of these DLC maps is pretty terrible for those uninterested in purchasing.
I'm in the same camp of "boot me when the map comes up in a rotation, otherwise let me play on the server till then."

They really did a number on joining friends with this style map-implementation.
Not impressed / not surprised.

Irnbru

God this game is off the hooooook. Fuckin love teaming up with people in squads and blowing the hell out of another clan >;D

If anyone from GAFA (or e) wants to join me I've created a game with the new maps called FF NO RCKT NEW

Either find via Join clan or add me and Join Friend. It's a maximum of 20 players.

Rolf NB

Good going tonight GAFe.

I still can't wrap my head around Wasteland Bullet AT ALL. Without looking at the map, I can never tell where the hell I am, it's even worse than Salamimon Market in that respect. All carriages (is that a word?) still look the same to me.

Outside, there is no other map in the game that lends itself so well to blindly thrown grenades. People just stand behind the little ramps on either side, making them practically invisible, and lob frags across to the other side. That's really lame. Ammo boxes everywhere sure "help" with that too.

I like the Vekta Cruiser map more, it's characteristic, easy to learn, there are many ways to get around. Not a lot of space to maneuver though. I'm not sure if that's an interesting change from all the other maps, or if it's just annoying. It has lots of "accidental" cover too, like the debris in the western C&H point, all those computer terminals in the HGH S&D room, or the closed handrails on the other side.

What game are you all playing? I created that game but had a whopping 2 other people join me, one who isn't even from GAF :lol

Slightly disheartening; MOAR PEOPLE NEED THIS GAME?

test_account

XP-39C²
I have now played alittle more on the Vekta Cruizer map, but i cant find any significant slowdowns in the framerate around the S&D spots (both the ISA and the Helghast one), or in on the map in general, where on the map is the slowdowns happening? I cant really see it :\ I noticed maybe some slowdown, but it was maybe down to 20 fps at max if i should guess, the game still felt very playable to me at least. This was a 31 player match.

Rolf NB

test_account said:
I have now played alittle more on the Vekta Cruizer map, but i cant find any significant slowdowns in the framerate around the S&D spots (both the ISA and the Helghast one), or in on the map in general, where on the map is the slowdowns happening? I cant really see it :\ I noticed maybe some slowdown, but it was maybe down to 20 fps at max if i should guess, the game still felt very playable to me at least. This was a 31 player match.
Now that you mentioned it, I didn't really notice anything today, unlike yesterday. It might be something about having several spawn points (=lots of smoke) in specific places while looking in specific directions. WEIRD.

test_account

XP-39C²
bcn-ron said:
Now that you mentioned it, I didn't really notice anything today, unlike yesterday. It might be something about having several spawn points (=lots of smoke) in specific places while looking in specific directions. WEIRD.
Ah ok. I dont remember if there were any spawn grenade deployed closes to the S&D places, but ye, maybe the framerate drops more if there are spawn points deployed there indeed. And maybe the framerate can drop more if alot of people are throwing grenades at the same time.

By the way, where was that door glitch again, where you couldnt see into the next room through a doorway (if i understood it correctly?). I tried to look at all the doorways close to the ISA base in the Vekta Cruizer, but i couldnt find it :\ I think would be cool to see it, so i want to see it :)

JB1981

man the objective game clusterfucks are really no fun.

I do like body count though and I like the Vekta Crusier map a lot

Kittonwy

Banned
Got tired of the autobalanced gaf rooms, the teams are still quite unbalanced, I was wondering why one team has engineers having turrets set up ALL OVER THE PLACE and looking at ourselves why we have so many medics running around.

I'm not saying tacticians can't decide where they want to put the spawn, but on Salamun Market underneath the bridge is NOT a good place, never was during the beta, and it's still not a good place to place a spawn, you're conceding the high ground, the S&D spawns were just wrong, totally frustrating. We won't win clan matches playing like this.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
man the objective game clusterfucks are really no fun.

I do like body count though and I like the Vekta Crusier map a lot

Body count is like a fucking crutch now, it's far too long AND people forget it's only ONE mission out of a handful. People are good at shooting and killing each other, I get it, now let's learn how to win the other 6 missions by having a balanced team without everybody doing medic or tact, and getting those spawn placements right.

.GqueB.

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Body count is like a fucking crutch now, it's far too long AND people forget it's only ONE mission out of a handful. People are good at shooting and killing each other, I get it, now let's learn how to win the other 6 missions by having a balanced team without everybody doing medic or tact, and getting those spawn placements right.
Everyone is picking medic and tact? Wow I thought people abandoned those once they got sab and scout.

Fuuuuuuck you qwest!!!1!! I was on a good roll this week hoping to get the 1% ribbon plus having some really good gaf games. Then my internet goes out on wednesday. Still won't be up till sometime tomorow. I want to play the new maps too dammit............... rant over

Rolf NB

.GqueB. said:
Everyone is picking medic and tact? Wow I thought people abandoned those once they got sab and scout.
The M82 is a really good weapon. Effective at any range. Very versatile.

edit:
test_account said:
By the way, where was that door glitch again, where you couldnt see into the next room through a doorway (if i understood it correctly?). I tried to look at all the doorways close to the ISA base in the Vekta Cruizer, but i couldnt find it :\ I think would be cool to see it, so i want to see it :)
Big central room with the pillar of light/whatever glowing thing, let's call it "engine", looking back south. As you walk out of the ISA starting area, note how brightly lit the directly preceding "antechamber" (with the two stairs facing each other) is. As you walk into the big "engine" room, turn around and look back at the doorway you just came out of. It's shown darkened and fades out completely as you distance yourself (walk backwards).

There are two doorways that fit the description on the bottom floor, and two more on the upper floor. I want to say it's happening with the eastern doorway on the bottom floor but I haven't really checked today. If it's not that, try the one on the upper floor. It may be all of them, or just one.

It's really not jarring, there's no popup or anything immediately obvious but a smooth fade. It's just that when you know exactly how bright that room was as long as you were inside of it, and will be again as soon as you go back in, that there's something not quite right there.

The Helghast spawn area looks completely amazing btw. Couldn't quite look at it playing ISA, but now that I've played a few rounds on the map as Helghast ... yeah. Really impressive.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG aj cj capt mickhed.
Indifferent2.gif

Had my first multiplayer games in probably a month and a half earlier tonight, resulted in 2 teamkills (1 on Kitton, sorry dude lol, crossfire)... but yeah, not too bad of a show for my first time back in a while, and on brand new maps, to boot.

I'm going to get that damn 1% trophy this time! (was away on vacation the week I was supposed to log on and receive it :\ )

Kittonwy said:
GG aj cj capt mickhed.
Indifferent2.gif

GG! oh wait... u didnt mention me. WELL NO GG FOR YOU!
Indifferent2.gif

Good God, i LOVE playing S&D. It's awesome being a saboteur espacially in S&D. I always run and plant no matter who is around and how many are around. They always land in this disbelief that MAYBE someone from their team is defusing the bomb :D

Kittonwy

Banned
shagg_187 said:
GG! oh wait... u didnt mention me. WELL NO GG FOR YOU!
Indifferent2.gif

Good God, i LOVE playing S&D. It's awesome being a saboteur espacially in S&D. I always run and plant no matter who is around and how many are around. They always land in this disbelief that MAYBE someone from their team is defusing the bomb :D

You were there too gg.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom