• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dementia

Yeah, great games tonight everyone. That Wasteland Train level is quickly becoming one of my favorites. So much fun.:D

Oh, and aj, I have no idea how I killed you that one time in that last match I joined on vekta cruiser... that was weird.:lol Btw did you try and switch to my team during the last round?

Dementia said:
Yeah, great games tonight everyone. That Wasteland Train level is quickly becoming one of my favorites. So much fun.:D

Oh, and aj, I have no idea how I killed you that one time in that last match I joined on vekta cruiser... that was weird.:lol Btw did you try and switch to my team during the last round?

yea that game sucked, teams were even before u got there but then everyone on your side quit. hope u dont hate me for all the times ive killed u lately, the past week it seems like half my kills are on you when your on the other team. i think i play a little too hard during friendly games:lol and i yea i switched towards the end cause i felt bad.

dazed808

aj2good4you2 said:
hope u dont hate me for all the times ive killed u lately, the past week it seems like half my kills are on you when your on the other team.

Wait,wat? Someone else is on your auto-kill radar now? Does that mean I can join games with GAFa now and not get murdered anytime i'm within 500 yards of you???:lol

If someone from GAFa could add me to their friends list it would be much appreciated. I've been up late a few times recently with no GAFe friends playing with you guys and I can never search for the games you're in.
PSN: Rick808

Cagen

aj2good4you2 said:
hope u dont hate me for all the times ive killed u lately, the past week it seems like half my kills are on you when your on the other team. i think i play a little too hard during friendly games:lol and i yea i switched towards the end cause i felt bad.

I think it might have been the first time we've played together the other day or at least the first time I noticed. It came as a nice surprise to see someone else scoring high and able to complete or attempt to complete missions, we're a dying breed unfortunately.

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Body count is like a fucking crutch now, it's far too long AND people forget it's only ONE mission out of a handful. People are good at shooting and killing each other, I get it, now let's learn how to win the other 6 missions by having a balanced team without everybody doing medic or tact, and getting those spawn placements right.

That's why I don't like the objective games. The game Palantiri set up last night was just a friendly GAF game. It was not some super serious clan match. Objective games too often require too much organization. I don't really have the energy to care about what other people are doing in the game. I'd rather just play Body Count and have fun. As much as you try to encourage people to do the right thing, it just seems like a losing battle to me. I don't know if you play with a select group and you have better results with them but last night we obviously got rocked pretty hard. I mean, look, I'm nothing special at the game or anything and I think a few people were complaining about my spawn points but shit .... I don't know ... I just don't care that much anymore especially in a GAF pick up game.

Also: we were in a squad and I heard you telling people that they "need to be an engineer" and they "need to be a tactician" but no one was responding to you. There was basically zero communication last night, except for the "that was fucking bullshit" or "fuck that" and "ugh" comments.

Oh and AJ fuck you and your shotgun whoring. :D

Cagen

JB1981 said:
I'd rather just play Body Count and have fun. As much as you try to encourage people to do the right thing, it just seems like a losing battle to me. I don't know if you play with a select group and you have better results with them but last night we obviously got rocked pretty hard. I mean, look, I'm nothing special at the game or anything and I think a few people were complaining about my spawn points but shit .... I don't know ... I just don't care that much anymore especially in a GAF pick up game.

If you don't give a shit then don't choose to be the one class that the whole game hinges on. If you fuck up spawn points then you can, more often then not, lose the entire game for your team. If you fuck up with any other class it doesn't matter as others can pick up the slack.

Click

Banned
Sorry to say, but GAFA is filled with lots of casuals and poseurs that don't listen to directions well, nor are they fit for serious clan play. Too many members of GAFA don't care or don't pay attention to scheduled clan matches and would rather play in pubic games all day. It's been the same way prior to all U.S. GAF clans merging into GAFA. Heck, that's one of the main reasons why they HAD to merge in the first place.

That's not to say that GAFA doesn't have a handful of talented players that has the ability to play well in serious games. Because there are a few players are that very skilled, smart, and can follow directions well. They also know how to adapt to certain situations and pick classes that actually help win games, instead of running around as Saboteurs and Medics (or terrible Tacticians), thinking they're still playing in public games, playing against a bunch of n00bs and randoms.

GAFA should just stick to dominating casuals in public games and occasionally play against the Euro GAF'fers (which will result in a loss unless every top GAFA player is playing, with a good strategy and proper combination of classes). Seriously, it's just not a competitive or organized clan, whatsoever. Never has been, never will be.

JB1981

Cagen said:
If you don't give a shit then don't choose to be the one class that the whole game hinges on. If you fuck up spawn points then you can, more often then not, lose the entire game for your team. If you fuck up with any other class it doesn't matter as others can pick up the slack.

Well, in my experience with the game (and no i'm not referring to everyone here so don't jump on me), most times people either refuse to play as a Tactician or they just don't want to. So last night during the game I figured I'd just fill the role (a thankless one at at that). If the people are who good at being a Tactician want spawn points in certain places perhaps they should tell people exactly where to place the spawns rather than saying "this is such a weird spawn point."

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Well, in my experience with the game (and no i'm not referring to everyone here so don't jump on me), most times people either refuse to play as a Tactician or they just don't want to. So last night during the game I figured I'd just fill the role (a thankless one at at that). If the people are who good at being a Tactician want spawn points in certain places perhaps they should tell people exactly where to place the spawns rather than saying "this is such a weird spawn point."

That would be me. I was trying to be polite instead of breaking into an expletive-ladden tirade.
KlintIndifference.gif

JB1981

Click said:
Sorry to say, but GAFA is filled with lots of casuals and poseurs that don't listen to directions well, nor are they fit for serious clan play. Too many members of GAFA don't care or pay attention to scheduled clan matches and would rather play in pubic games all day. It's been the same way prior to all U.S. GAF clans merging into GAFA. Heck, that's one of the main reasons why they HAD to merge in the first place.

That's not to say that GAFA doesn't have a handful of talented players that has the ability to play well in serious games. Because there are a few players are that very skilled, smart, and can follow directions well. They also know how to adapt to certain situations and pick classes that actually help win games, instead of running around as Saboteurs and Medics (or terrible Tacticians), thinking they're still playing in public games, playing against a bunch of n00bs and randoms.

GAFA should just stick to dominating casuals in public games and occasionally against the Euro GAF'fers (which will result in a loss unless every top GAFA player is playing with a good strategy and proper combination of classes). Seriously, it's just not a competitive or organized clan, whatsoever. Never has been, never will be.

Well, yea, last night's game was a not-so-serious pick up game. It was not a Big Clan Match with a lot of Valor on the line or something. I am a casual player. I play on the weekends and during the week maybe once or twice. I honestly don't have the necessary time to devote hours upon hours of hardcore play to multiplayer gaming. I have a full time job that prevents me from doing that. The main reason why I joined the GAFA clan was so I could have an easier time of finding games with GAFFERS. As for knowing when the next clan game is, I honestly don't understand the whole clan system. I see a lot of messages and shit but I never really understand when the fuck the next scheduled game is.

And also forgive my ignorance about spawn point placement, but I still don't understand how to place a spawn so you don't have to spawn FACING A WALL :lol

In which direction are you to throw the grenade if you don't want this to happen?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
*out of nowhere*

Fuck the Assault hate.
Ban the Tactician instead!

I played a 16p game on Bullet yesterday (trying to get my trophies back to 100%) with just Medics and it was perfect. People scared to respawn back to the base = zero clusterfucks and some actual tactics emerging naturally amid perfect strangers. That's basically the closer one can get to an "Hardcore mode".

We should try this and increase time limits for S&D and C&H games.

Cagen

Click said:
Sorry to say, but GAFA is filled with lots of casuals and poseurs that don't listen to directions well, nor are they fit for serious clan play. Too many members of GAFA don't care or don't pay attention to scheduled clan matches and would rather play in pubic games all day. It's been the same way prior to all U.S. GAF clans merging into GAFA. Heck, that's one of the main reasons why they HAD to merge in the first place.

GAFA should just stick to dominating casuals in public games and occasionally play against the Euro GAF'fers (which will result in a loss unless every top GAFA player is playing, with a good strategy and proper combination of classes). Seriously, it's just not a competitive or organized clan, whatsoever. Never has been, never will be.

GAF clans never will be serious, we are a community and don't have the clan mentality. It wouldn't be fair to not allow a GAF member into a GAF clan because they are a more casual player. It will always be this way.

Euro-GAF have been through the same problems but luckily we had TTP, Raist and I dedicated to organising everything at first and we had a fairly dedicated core of players. We've pretty much given up now and just play casually but due to GG and the game, not because of our members.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
*out of nowhere*

Fuck the Assault hate.

I played a 16p game on Bullet yesterday (trying to get my trophies back to 100%) with just Medics and it was perfect. People scared to respawn back to the base = zero clusterfucks and some actual tactics emerging naturally amid perfect strangers.

We should try this and increase time limits for S&D and C&H games.

yeah I've been playing in a crazy Spanish server where only medics and riflemen were available, no shotguns/turrets/drones/invisible c4/boost/rockets/spawn invincibility bullshit, C&H - S&D were 15 mins each though. You couldn't see people running, only slow approaches to the objectives, it was very fun. I only missed some kind of silencer (limited) for the pistol so it wouldn't give your position away in the radar.

CoilShot

So I just started playing the game on the hardest difficulty possible, but I can't do elite yet. It seems pretty easy so far even on the hardest difficulty, but alot of people are saying elite is the hardest thing they've ever done. What make elite so hard? Do you die in one hit or something?

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Well, yea, last night's game was a not-so-serious pick up game. It was not a Big Clan Match with a lot of Valor on the line or something. I am a casual player. I play on the weekends and during the week maybe once or twice. I honestly don't have the necessary time to devote hours upon hours of hardcore play to multiplayer gaming. I have a full time job that prevents me from doing that. The main reason why I joined the GAFA clan was so I could have an easier time of finding games with GAFFERS. As for knowing when the next clan game is, I honestly don't understand the whole clan system. I see a lot of messages and shit but I never really understand when the fuck the next scheduled game is.

And also forgive my ignorance about spawn point placement, but I still don't understand how to place a spawn so you don't have to spawn FACING A WALL :lol

In which direction are you to throw the grenade if you don't want this to happen?

That's ok, you're always welcomed to play as part of the clan. What would be great though is if we have gaf rooms with autobalance off, some of us the regulars who play clan matches can stick together so we can develop some strategies for the new maps while having fun in the gaf rooms, right now I still haven't gotten used to the layout of the new maps.

They were fun games though, got a bit messy when that Ryanardo guy turned grenade launcher/assault towards the end he was good with turrets though.

Cagen

Medic only games are really fun and it gives a point to the revive ability other than giving the medic +1 point. It requires a lot more tact and slow paced game play though which people don't seem to have or like.

test_account

XP-39C²
bcn-ron said:
The M82 is a really good weapon. Effective at any range. Very versatile.

edit:Big central room with the pillar of light/whatever glowing thing, let's call it "engine", looking back south. As you walk out of the ISA starting area, note how brightly lit the directly preceding "antechamber" (with the two stairs facing each other) is. As you walk into the big "engine" room, turn around and look back at the doorway you just came out of. It's shown darkened and fades out completely as you distance yourself (walk backwards).

There are two doorways that fit the description on the bottom floor, and two more on the upper floor. I want to say it's happening with the eastern doorway on the bottom floor but I haven't really checked today. If it's not that, try the one on the upper floor. It may be all of them, or just one.

It's really not jarring, there's no popup or anything immediately obvious but a smooth fade. It's just that when you know exactly how bright that room was as long as you were inside of it, and will be again as soon as you go back in, that there's something not quite right there.

The Helghast spawn area looks completely amazing btw. Couldn't quite look at it playing ISA, but now that I've played a few rounds on the map as Helghast ... yeah. Really impressive.
Ah ok, i think i saw it now, thanks for the detailed description! :) I didnt see that the room got darkened though, but i saw that a "fence" (or what i shall call it) faded away when i walked backwards and looked into the room. It was the east entrance on the bottom floor. Is this what you ment? I checked the other entrances as well, but there i didnt notice special.

Ye, the Helghast spawn area on the Vekta Cruiser looks really good indeed, i agree :)

There is another bug that i think is cool in Killzone 2, and that is when you sometimes get killed, or if you kill someone, then the body starts to move/walk sideways hehe. Have anyone else experienced this bug? It doesnt happend that often though, but i think it is cool to watch when it happends :)

Click

Banned
Cagen said:
GAF clans never will be serious, we are a community and don't have the clan mentality. It wouldn't be fair to not allow a GAF member into a GAF clan because they are a more casual player. It will always be this way.

Euro-GAF have been through the same problems but luckily we had TTP, Raist and I dedicated to organising everything at first and we had a fairly dedicated core of players. We've pretty much given up now and just play casually but due to GG and the game, not because of our members.

I know it wouldn't be "fair" to restrict membership into GAF clans. I never said that should happen. And I've always known that GAF clans in every game are always too casual to compete with the competitive clans.

However, the only way KZ2 is truly fun, is to play with and against other good players. Something that rarely happens in most public games. That's why both GAF clans have resorted to playing clan games, but can't compete and succeed on a consistent basis, since there just aren't enough dedicated and skilled players caring enough to play in them.

JB1981

Cagen said:
Medic only games are really fun and it gives a point to the revive ability other than giving the medic +1 point. It requires a lot more tact and slow paced game play though which people don't seem to have or like.

Sounds like a good idea. Personally I never understand GG's 'clusterfuck' approach to the game. It's diametrically opposed to the core game mechanics, which are pretty slow and methodical.

Cagen

test_account said:
There is another bug that i think is cool in Killzone 2, and that is when you sometimes get killed, or if you kill someone, then the body starts to move/walk sideways hehe. Have anyone else experienced this bug? It doesnt happend that often though, but i think it is cool to watch when it happends :)

It happens quite often for me, especially when I am trying to punch the body to pick up their damn weapon and have to chase after it across the room.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
It happens quite often for me, especially when I am trying to punch the body to pick up their damn weapon and have to chase after it across the room.

yes happens quite often for me too, zombie zone

Click

Banned
You know, I've always wondered how well an actual competitive GAF clan could do in FPS games. Limit membership to only the most skilled and dedicated players only. Sure, there would be lots of drama, with people feeling "left out," and there would be flame fests on here, calling that clan "elitist," but it would be interesting to see what "the best GAF has to offer" can do in this game....

Cagen

Click said:
You know, I've always wondered how well an actual competitive GAF clan could do in FPS games. Limit membership to only the most skilled and dedicated players only. Sure, there would be lots of drama, with people feeling "left out," and there would be flame fests on here, calling that clan "elitist," but it would be interesting to see what "the best GAF has to offer" can do in this game....

Latency and time zones would also be issues with being a world wide community. I don't think you could get enough dedicated members from just America or Europe or Asia.

That being said we do have quite a few very good players and could probably do very well.

test_account

XP-39C²
Cagen said:
Lince said:
yes happens quite often for me too, zombie zone
Ah ok, i thought it happend more rarely. I think i have only experienced maybe something around 15-25 times in total if i should guess (my total playtime is about 132 hours). I so to say never punch the bodies though, maybe it is a bigger chance to happend then? I just shoot the bodies if i need the weapon or the ammo :)

Click

Banned
TTP said:
Fuck the Assault hate.

Like I said, at least half the weapons and classes in this game are unbalanced, overpowered, and/or broken. Tactician/spawn grenades is only broken, while Assault/Boost is all 3.

Click

Banned
Cagen said:
Latency and time zones would also be issues with being a world wide community. I don't think you could get enough dedicated members from just America or Europe or Asia.

That being said we do have quite a few very good players and could probably do very well.

How would that be any different than what's happening now?
You know, with all the GAFA vs. GAFe matches we've already had.
And also all the other clan matches both clans have played against other clans from any/all regions.

That's just how this game is.
Worldwide, P2P bullshit.
We've dealt with it for this long, lol.

KZObsessed

Cagen said:
I think it might have been the first time we've played together the other day or at least the first time I noticed. It came as a nice surprise to see someone else scoring high and able to complete or attempt to complete missions, we're a dying breed unfortunately.

lol?

A GAFA/GAFe "best of" would be pretty awesome. If we were organised, we'd be the best clan in the game no doubt.

Facism

test_account said:
Ah ok, i thought it happend more rarely. I think i have only experienced maybe something around 15-25 times in total if i should guess (my total playtime is about 132 hours). I so to say never punch the bodies though, maybe it is a bigger chance to happend then? I just shoot the bodies if i need the weapon or the ammo :)

I missed the posts, but i cqn only assume this is in reference to the sliding corpses :lol

I had a HGH slide away from me whilst staring at me with those 'don't finish me off, guv'nor' sad eyes :(

JardeL

Click said:
However, the only way KZ2 is truly fun, is to play with and against other good players.
It has nothing to do with KZ2... Valid for all multiplayer games...
Click said:
Something that rarely happens in most public games.
I don't agree this one also... Hundreds of great players out there...

And after reading your posts , I suggest you to quit Killzone 2... You'll never be satisfied with it...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
yeah I've been playing in a crazy Spanish server where only medics and riflemen were available, no shotguns/turrets/drones/invisible c4/boost/rockets/spawn invincibility bullshit, C&H - S&D were 15 mins each though. You couldn't see people running, only slow approaches to the objectives, it was very fun. I only missed some kind of silencer (limited) for the pistol so it wouldn't give your position away in the radar.

There is an option to never show up on the radar right? Or is it only "Always" and "when firing"?

Edit: oh, there is OFF. Nice.

Edit2: Creating "Hardcore" game now in Salamun to check this out (16p)

Click

Banned
JardeL said:
It has nothing to do with KZ2... Valid for all multiplayer games...

Actually, it has everything to do with KZ2.
The majority of KZ2 players are terrible at this game and makes playing in public, non-clan games boring and retarded after a while.
This doesn't happen in most other shooters I've ever played because most other games are balanced enough and have enough talented players make up its community.

JardeL said:
I don't agree this one also... Hundreds of great players out there...

:lol
Hundreds amongst.... tens and hundreds of thousands.
Good one, chief.

JardeL said:
And after reading your posts , I suggest you to quit Killzone 2... You'll never be satisfied with it...

I'm never satisfied with any FPS game.
There's always improvements that can be made.
Problem with KZ2 is, there's just so many problems they need to fix before it becomes a respectable game. Doesn't mean it's impossible for GG to fix all these issues, but they really need to get started on them ASAP.

KZ2 can still be a fun game to me.
Just sucks it has so many flaws and missing features.

And trust me, I am thinking about quitting, but not because of your suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Really appreciate it.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
There is an option to never show up on the radar right? Or is it only "Always" and "when firing"?

Edit: oh, there is OFF. Nice.

Edit2: Creating "Hardcore" game now in Salamun to check this out (16p)

Your allies are still on your radar tho, which is cool. So if you see someone on your radar die... that's a clue! :p

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Wasteland bullet is the best body count map. Damn that shit is the bomb.

About radar I couldnt do without it since the high ranking douchbags have that cloaking thing where they look like one of your teammates. I always look at the radar and if there's no green dot I shoot the bastards.

Played all night thursday night. Game's really growing on me. fucking addictive and it looks great.

graphics on the 2nd new map are spectacular.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ChrisGoldstein said:
Wasteland bullet is the best body count map. Damn that shit is the bomb.

About radar I couldnt do without it since the high ranking douchbags have that cloaking thing where they look like one of your teammates. I always look at the radar and if there's no green dot I shoot the bastards.

Played all night thursday night. Game's really growing on me. fucking addictive and it looks great.

graphics on the 2nd new map are spectacular.

Thats a saboteur, and they are not high ranking...

I wish tey had a radar setting where you see allies and enemies they spot. It makes sense that way.

Also, does spot and mark override the off setting for radar?

.GqueB.

Banned
Click said:

Its just a game dude. People just wanna have fun and play with their peeps. Not have "serious clan play".

If we wanted to have serious clan play then we'd be having serious clan play. If we wanted to work towards having serious clan play then we'd work towards serious clan play. But not many people are really looking for serious clan play so there isnt any serious clan play. So stop asking for serious clan play when not many people are even worried about serious clan play. If you want serious clan play then join a clan that prides themselves on having serious clan play and then you can have serious clan play with them all day.

Serious clan play.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Your allies are still on your radar tho, which is cool. So if you see someone on your radar die... that's a clue! :p

Yeah. That's cool.

I need ppl to test this thing. Join "HARDCORE" (EU). I have included the new maps in the rotation. Changed some S&D things. It takes longer for the charge to explode. This is because 30 secs is too little time when you have to respawn back at the base. You need to try and clear the area before attempting to defuse, so you need more time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
.GqueB. said:
Its just a game dude. People just wanna have fun and play with their peeps. Not have "serious clan play".

If we wanted to have serious clan play then we'd be having serious clan play. If we wanted to work towards having serious clan play then we'd work towards serious clan play. But not many people are really looking for serious clan play so there isnt any serious clan play. So stop asking for serious clan play when not many people are even worried about serious clan play. If you want serious clan play then join a clan that prides themselves on having serious clan play and then you can have serious clan play with them all day.

Serious clan play.

:lol

You can't be serious.

AndyD

aka andydumi
.GqueB. said:

Serious clan play.

LOL. It would be better if we could join more than one clan at a time.

TheFatOne

Click said:

GAFA has enough serious players to start 5 on 5 or 6 on 6 games. The biggest hurdle for some of the more serious guys is that we have zero strategy. Every game we go in with the most basic strategies when the other team has everything mapped out. We just aren't that good as a team yet ( I mean the guys I play regularly with CJ, Kitton, Ice, AJ). Every clan match is the same. We go in with no strategy the other team gets the jump on us and before we know it we are down 0-2 or 0-3.

FFObsessed said:
lol?

A GAFA/GAFe "best of" would be pretty awesome. If we were organised, we'd be the best clan in the game no doubt.

How would we organize games so everyone could play >.<

JardeL

Click said:
bla bla bla
No need to be annoyed , easy... I've nothing against you , I just don't agree with you that's all...

I again suggest you to quit KZ2 , after wasting 300+ hours of your life for this " retarded and boring" game .] ... You better do it asap...

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:

Serious clan play.

This is a joke right?

Click

Banned
JardeL said:
No need to be annoyed , easy... I've nothing against you , I just don't agree with you that's all...

I again suggest you to quit KZ2 , after wasting 300+ hours of your life for this " retarded and boring" game .] ... You better do it asap...

Annoyed? LOL
And your posts most certainly do read like you're "against" me.

Once again, you do not have reading comprehension skills or choose to read certain parts and ignore the rest of my posts.

I've said over and over that I still have fun with KZ2 (at times).
Thanks for misquoting me and taking my posts out of context.
You know, because I never said this was a "retarded and boring game."

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheFatOne said:
GAFA has enough serious players to start 5 on 5 or 6 on 6 games. The biggest hurdle for some of the more serious guys is that we have zero strategy. Every game we go in with the most basic strategies when the other team has everything mapped out. We just aren't that good as a team yet ( I mean the guys I play regularly with CJ, Kitton, Ice, AJ). Every clan match is the same. We go in with no strategy the other team gets the jump on us and before we know it we are down 0-2 or 0-3.

How would we organize games so everyone could play >.<

Like I've been saying, there can't be organization within games if there's no leadership outside of games. 70% of the time we have a match, I have no idea unless I log into the game and there just happens to be a match then. And lord knows, whenever I try to join that match, it's full. If we ever had regularly scheduled practices, I must have missed that memo. I agree with everything Click says. Though I (tigerheli) have been/will be out of commission for a bit because of finals, I'd be down an uptick in seriousness about clan matches. But as I've said 100 times since gafa formed, we will never go anywhere or do anything unless someone takes an active leadership position.

Top Bottom