• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

thaOwner

Kittonwy said:
It really shows how much care they put into everything in the game, incredible attention to details. GREAT SOUNDTRACK.
KlintIndifference.gif
Yeah it was pretty good. I was also watching to see what other Sony Studios were
involved with the game. I thought I was gonna see Insomniac or Naughty Dog on there
but that wasn't the case. However, I saw a lot of Sony studios that were involved or helped
in some way. Good to see that level of collaboration which can only body well for future
games and tech.

Played the demo again for the eighth time. My movements are a lot smoother now when I aim, and I rarely over track a helghast when they're coming out from behind cover. On that front I've improved on my first few playthroughs. It doesn't hurt that I know the scenarios and where the enemies will be coming from, so maybe my progress is exaggerated. Wahtever, bring on the fucking game sony!!!

Rikyfree

Hahaha, been watching the hilarity that is Orgazmo recently. This one goes out to GG.

"Hey!

What makes a man?
Is it the power in his hands?
Is it his quest for glory?
Give it all you got
To fight to the top
So we can know your story

Now you're a man (man)
A man, man, man
Now you're a man (man)
A manny, manny, man
A man, man, man (man)
You are now a man
You're a man
Now you're a man

Live it, live it

What makes a man?
Is it the woman in his arms?
Just 'cause she has big titties
Or is the way
He fights everyday?
No, it's probably the titties

Now you're a man (man)
A man, man, man
Now you're a man-man (man)
Man-man, man, man-man
Now you're a man (man)
M-A-N, man, man
Man-man, man
Now you're man!"

Kuroyume

Banned
Between the full gaming being in people's hands for the past month or so, reviews going out last month, video content, and early leaks it feels like the game has been out forever and yet it technically won't be out until next week.

Duke Togo

I've been working frantically to clear all my work for the first 2 weeks of March for KZ2 and SF4. Epic fun imminent. And damn whoever came up with the release on the 20th rumor.

Mik2121

Wait, does that mean Play-Asia might have the game available by then and so I can purchase it earlier!? :eek:

I'm in Japan and an store near my house is getting it by the end of the month, but if I can get the game earlier via Play-Asia, then damn...

Eccocid

ok i went ot that game shop again today and guess what..KZ2 was sold out...more than 20 (just one shop)copies were gone! lol

This is stupid.

All my hype for the game has now died. I had and still do have a folder ready on my PS3 filled with songs I selected to listen to while in multiplayer. Now I'm sitting here, editing it. The wallpapers and themes are gone, replace with Flower walls and theme(s). The demo has gotten stale even and the great main theme played has no more affect on me,

I couldn't give a damn if KZ2 came out tomorrow right now. There is nothing left to cause that aura of excitement and "happiness" you get when a big title is about to launch and you're eager to play for yourself. We've had tons of trailers and videos from a variety of sites, review score hype and freak outs, a demo which was fun for the first week...and that's it.

There is nothing left for SCE to show us before the game comes out. The supposed commercial(s) haven't even begun airing yet on TV, nor have we seen it on the web prior to TV ala some other big games. This whole process sucked. And I feel that SCE has dropped the scorching hot ball that Guerrilla delivered to them. It almost feels as if KZ2 came out eons ago and everyone has now moved on. The game will come and go with little to no noise.

Everything just feels dead about this game. And it's a shame because it's not even out yet, there's nothing left to capitalize on for the last week to get people talking again . For a whole month and a half, SCE has the entire gaming world focusing on them and wanting more of this game. But we couldn't even get an extra BluRay with a making of as a CE.

I've lowered my expectations for this game in regards to sales. My local game store that I shop at has quited down now to, and as I was in there yesterday grabbing R&C:FTD along with Mirros Edge. All everyone was talking about was SF4 and only 3 new pre orders were placed for Killzone 2.

Man, it's always something with SCE and their big games. Can't market or maintain hype at all.

/ramble

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
CrushDance said:
While I'm still hyped for the game, I can see what you mean.

Half the fun of pre-launch hype for a game is waiting for the reviews, and trying to imagine what secrets the game has in store later in the campaign, or what unlockable modes and secrets will be (see, for example, the way Capcom is handling Resident Evil 5 "OMG we're only showing the first three chapters HEY GUYS TRY AND IMAGINE WHAT COMES NEXT").

With KZ2, as you said, I feel like I know everything the game has to offer, and that does take away some of the anticipation fun.

However, once the game is out and we're actually playing it, I doubt this dry spell will really matter, we'll be too busy talking about great bits during the game and such. It is a bit of a shame though.

JB1981

CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

All my hype for the game has now died. I had and still do have a folder ready on my PS3 filled with songs I selected to listen to while in multiplayer. Now I'm sitting here, editing it. The wallpapers and themes are gone, replace with Flower walls and theme(s). The demo has gotten stale even and the great main theme played has no more affect on me,

I couldn't give a damn if KZ2 came out tomorrow right now. There is nothing left to cause that aura of excitement and "happiness" you get when a big title is about to launch and you're eager to play for yourself. We've had tons of trailers and videos from a variety of sites, review score hype and freak outs, a demo which was fun for the first week...and that's it.

There is nothing left for SCE to show us before the game comes out. The supposed commercial(s) haven't even begun airing yet on TV, nor have we seen it on the web prior to TV ala some other big games. This whole process sucked. And I feel that SCE has dropped the scorching hot ball that Guerrilla delivered to them. It almost feels as if KZ2 came out eons ago and everyone has now moved on. The game will come and go with little to no noise.

Everything just feels dead about this game. And it's a shame because it's not even out yet, there's nothing left to capitalize on for the last week to get people talking again . For a whole month and a half, SCE has the entire gaming world focusing on them and wanting more of this game. But we couldn't even get an extra BluRay with a making of as a CE.

I've lowered my expectations for this game in regards to sales. My local game store that I shop at has quited down now to, and as I was in there yesterday grabbing R&C:FTD along with Mirros Edge. All everyone was talking about was SF4 and only 3 new pre orders were placed for Killzone 2.

Man, it's always something with SCE and their big games. Can't market or maintain hype at all.

/ramble

Yea, you basically have no one to blame but yourself. GAFFERS overhype THEMSELVES and then blame everyone else when they don't like the games that they hyped themselves up for. It's a vicious cycle here.

Puck

Banned
I agree my hype of this game has fallen off quite sharply. I have been super hyped for months, but now it comes out next week, it is pretty 'meh' to me, and i am tossing up whether i should spend my money on KZ2, SF4 or sonics ultimate collection.

Ploid 3.0

CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble

The multiplayer servers are not up.

CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble

Boo Freakin Hoo

If you are going to ruin your excitement over a video game because of that... Well that's just pathetic.

Sony shouldn't have to hype and get gamers on Gaf Excited. The fact that the game got good reviews, and has terrific presentation, visuals, and a high quality demo should be enough to make you want the game. Just because you are out of hype steam, doesn't mean that everyone else is.

Puck said:
I agree my hype of this game has fallen off quite sharply. I have been super hyped for months, but now it comes out next week, it is pretty 'meh' to me, and i am tossing up whether i should spend my money on KZ2, SF4 or sonics ultimate collection.

So all that excitement for months is just being thrown aside now for what reason? The game delivers. It's as if you people actually enjoy looking at pics and gifs more than playing the ultimate game.

If you want to spend your money on a bunch of old genesis games over something deserving like Killzone 2, go for it.

Who would like to participate in a little "activity" with me?

Killzowning people on camera. That's right, show off Killzone 2 to an unsuspecting gamer and FILM THEIR REACTION. I already have a single clip but there will be more filmed over the next week that will be released as a single video.

A video which all of you can contribute to. If you're interested, message me :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
To make it clear, I'm not blaming Sony's marketing team, as such, I'm fully aware that it is primarily my own fault. However, like I said, a game like RE5, which I drink up any available media for, still has me drooling.

So yeah, Sony doesn't have to pander their marketing efforts towards members of their audience in the same boat as me by any stretch of the imagination, but with that being said, it is a shame that they couldn't have found a happy medium.

Anyway, that's about enough doom and gloom for me. The game is, what, a week away from launch? Awesome.

Time flies. 0_0

Ploid 3.0

I finally get non beta warhawk tomorrow + all the expansion packs, and SOCOM Confrontations (loved Socom 2). I'm going to be plenty busy in time for Killzone2.

shadowsdarknes said:
Boo Freakin Hoo

If you are going to ruin your excitement over a video game because of that... Well that's just pathetic.

Sony shouldn't have to hype and get gamers on Gaf Excited. The fact that the game got good reviews, and has terrific presentation, visuals, and a high quality demo should be enough to make you want the game. Just because you are out of hype steam, doesn't mean that everyone else is.
Way to miss the point. The whole point of my comment was to reiterate the age old story of SCE failing to market games properly.Man. Look at Halo 3 prior to release, yes there were a million people waiting to buy day 1 no matter what. But I saw ads 2 weeks in advance man, my freaking mom said: "Is that the game you guys always play?"(No, it wasn't). I'm not suggesting that we have KZ2 mountain dew or Burger King advertising. I just want SCE to hold back a bit for this game and future releases. They have a habit of not showing anything for a long time and then showing waaaay too much to the point where you're like: "Been there, done that. I'll just relive it."

I'm not saying I've lost interest in KZ2. I'll b getting ti day 1 and pre-ordered a long time ago, but you've got to strike while the irons hot while it's hot for maximum results. SCE has let way to much time pass from this big reveal to launch with no new media or information at all.

They've dropped the ball, plain and simple.
JB1981 said:
Yea, you basically have no one to blame but yourself. GAFFERS overhype THEMSELVES and then blame everyone else when they don't like the games that they hyped themselves up for. It's a vicious cycle here.
What are you talking about? I like KZ2, I've never played a demo so many times and looked over so many little details. I'm still getting it, but I want to see effor put into pushing this game. The more people buy it, the longer a stronger the online community will thrive.

Rez said:
While I'm still hyped for the game, I can see what you mean.

Half the fun of pre-launch hype for a game is waiting for the reviews, and trying to imagine what secrets the game has in store later in the campaign, or what unlockable modes and secrets will be (see, for example, the way Capcom is handling Resident Evil 5 "OMG we're only showing the first three chapters HEY GUYS TRY AND IMAGINE WHAT COMES NEXT").

With KZ2, as you said, I feel like I know everything the game has to offer, and that does take away some of the anticipation fun.

However, once the game is out and we're actually playing it, I doubt this dry spell will really matter, we'll be too busy talking about great bits during the game and such. It is a bit of a shame though.
Exactly. We've seen way to much and SCE has let some sites show some pretty crazy stuff that takes a lot away from the "First step" of the game world.
Rez said:
To make it clear, I'm not blaming Sony's marketing team, as such, I'm fully aware that it is primarily my own fault. However, like I said, a game like RE5, which I drink up any available media for, still has me drooling.

So yeah, Sony doesn't have to pander their marketing efforts towards members of their audience in the same boat as me by any stretch of the imagination, but with that being said, it is a shame that they couldn't have found a happy medium.

Anyway, that's about enough doom and gloom for me. The game is, what, a week away from launch? Awesome.

Time flies. 0_0
Same boat I'm in. I'm more excited for RE5 than I am for KZ2, I'll play KZ2 more and might even skip RE5 due to being deep in KZ2's multiplayer, but RE5 still has an aura of intrigue and mystery that Capcom can use prior to launch and make it a big thing. No way does a game such as KZ2 just flicker out.

FirewalkR

I think the wait is more pronounced for us "hardcore" who read forums and stuff. Especially when we see lots of people who already have the game.
TTP had a point when he said the early reviews were probably directed at the sellers, so they would feel compelled to promote the game more (not exactly these words but I think I'm not changing the meaning heh). And some high scores look good in ads too (ads which I've barely seen).
Now, for us this wait is stupid of course, but we're a minority I guess.

FirewalkR said:
I think the wait is more pronounced for us "hardcore" who read forums and stuff. Especially when we see lots of people who already have the game.
TTP had a point when he said the early reviews were probably directed at the sellers, so they would feel compelled to promote the game more (not exactly these words but I think I'm not changing the meaning heh). And some high scores look good in ads too (ads which I've barely seen).
Now, for us this wait is stupid of course, but we're a minority I guess.
Quite simply, all I want is more Killzone. The silence is deafening because as you said, reveiwers and some lucky few already have the game. But there's nothing coming out about it! I want mooooore.

Mik2121

I know what you mean, CrushDance. It's just because we have seen way too many videos, screens, read a lot of stuff and played the demo, all of this about 2 weeks ago and now we have nothing new to talk about and just wait, which makes it feel like KZ2 is something "old".

But don't care because once the game gets released and there are lots of tournaments going on, having your own clan and playing with people and talking about tactics and whatnot over here, as well as waiting for the new DLC every now and then (they announced DLC already) will make the game feel more alive than ever.

Just get some other games you have around and play them for this next week until the game gets released. Then there will probably be a lot of hype around the online mode and whatnot :D

ChryZ

CrushDance said:
Quite simply, all I want is more Killzone. The silence is deafening because as you said, reveiwers and some lucky few already have the game. But there's nothing coming out about it! I want mooooore.
I'm trying to wrap up a few games to free as much gaming spare time as possible. Killzone2 will consume me.

nofi

Just played the
train
section again last night for the third time. Holy crap the graphics in that 30 seconds are amazing.

nofi said:
Just played the
train
section again last night for the third time. Holy crap the graphics in that 30 seconds are amazing.
durrr gears invented train sequences.

That section does look pretty amazing though with the light breaking in. I think the desert area(Suljeva is it?) will be my favourite.

2real4tv

CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble

SONY marketing at its best. They should release it now

kittowny, cakefoo, crushdance, rez, fersis, doc evils, rikyfree, etc.

Do you all not want to help me in making a real Killzowned video? :(

My goal is to make a compilation of people reacting, much like this

KillzownedWTFace.gif

Eighthours

cakefoo said:
Online co-op's still being considered:

Link

It must have been in there at some point before being ripped out rather than delaying the game again. Playing through Killzone 2 at the moment, the game is clearly designed for co-op. You're wandering around virtually the entire game with one other guy. It's blatant.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
xenorevlis said:
kittowny, cakefoo, crushdance, rez, fersis, doc evils, rikyfree, etc.

Do you all not want to help me in making a real Killzowned video? :(

My goal is to make a compilation of people reacting, much like this

KillzownedWTFace.gif
Why my name is bolded? :lol
And i would love to see Kittonwys face, is he a cat?

Truant

Eighthours said:
It must have been in there at some point before being ripped out rather than delaying the game again. Playing through Killzone 2 at the moment, the game is clearly designed for co-op. You're wandering around virtually the entire game with one other guy. It's blatant.

Yep, I felt the same way.

What bothers me is that the more I think about this game, the less I want to play it again. I usually have to keep myself from ruining an experience by playing a game again right after I finished it, but with this, I was just glad it was over. Enjoyable while it lasted, but ultimately forgettable.

KZ2 nom nom on PlayStation Blog. I SAW YOUS!!!

Anyways, I'm going to PM you. However, anyone who is BANNED and would like to help me make the video, my e-mail is (username) @gmail :)

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble

WELP...o wellz

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble
You shouldnt care about marketing ,you know that the game exist thats enough.
If it looks fun to you buy it, if not dont.:3
HAPPLE1-1.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Truthfully, I'm still very excited for this game. I'm just glad there are other games to keep my mind busy. The hype was really ripe around 3 weeks ago. It would've been nice to see the game release about 2 weeks ago but I can't complain when I have other games to play like Sonic Collection, flower, SF4, Dark Sector, WaW, and Noby on Thursday. I'm very pumped to dig into the MP and to beat the game. Some of you folks just need to keep yourselves more occupied.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CrushDance said:
This is stupid.

/ramble

So because you haven't seen commercials and other people are buying other games, your are no longer interested in K2? Really? Because there aren't alot of pre-orders, you aren't excited about the game anymore?

GAF is a weird place. I play games for entertainment, not to be 'cool' or 'hip'. I couldn't care less if there were no commercials for a game or if it sold 10 copies worldwide. As long as I get enjoyment out of it, then that is all that matters.

Top Bottom