• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Click said:
I don't ride trains. Especially not after Joe Biden's recent statement regarding public transportation. :lol

Like I said I don't blame people that are doing it and actually had little frustration this weekend. I simply was playing in ranked rooms and I honestly played 20 on 20 games or larger, where the entire side or both sides were almost all engineers/assault classed. The players are aware of the advantages. I just never stopped to notice.

the new maps will really take some getting used too. I really like them both, gorgeous looking. Its just i know the other ones so damn well, takes awhile to know these ones too.

Click

Banned
Anerythristic said:
Like I said I don't blame people that are doing it and actually had little frustration this weekend. I simply was playing in ranked rooms and I honestly played 20 on 20 games or larger, where the entire side or both sides were almost all engineers/assault classed. The players are aware of the advantages. I just never stopped to notice.

You probably mean 16v16 (or more like 20v12, lol).

But yeah, it takes a perceptive, veteran FPS player to notice and point out all the things I have. You also can't be a blind fanboy nor be afraid you'll be flamed for valid criticisms made against such a hyped and well-reviewed game.

I never wanted to bash KZ2 or make people dislike the game. I just wanted to be truthful with where this game stands and be hopeful that GG can somehow fix their heavily flawed game, that still has the potential to become a great game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
aj2good4you2 said:
THIS. i believe ive been called cheap with every weapon in the game except the helghast AR:lol im at the point where i dont care what guns/abilities anybody uses, even assault class with rockets can be easily beaten once you know how to fake them out it just takes practice:D

No, it's pretty much only the shotgun that's cheap imo. If you pick the engineering class, and you don't finish at the top in points or don't have over a 2 kdr, then something is wrong. It just takes no skill whatsoever to shotgun people down, and I'll believe that until the day I stop playing this game. Anyone who argues otherwise either A) is a shotgun whore or B) doesn't own KZ2 or C) never spent some quality time with the shotgun. I'm not saying it's not possible to do well with other guns - obviously that isn't true - and I do realize that the engineering class needs to be played, but I just don't understand how people can say that a shotgun is completely balanced against the other weapons. It's not.

womfalcs3

Banned
Kuroyume said:
They're annoying.

- Shotgun with 40 foot range
- Four deployable turrets

If there's only one Engineer on a team that's like someone having 5 guns going at once. :lol

The turrets are pretty stupid (intelligence-wise), to be honest.

Id say snipers do help with countering engineers. They are never going to be able to run from across the map to shotgun you in the face.

Can someone tell me why the Engineer class is an advantage? I played 3 games with Engineer today and I set up bot in small corridors (like the game suggests), as well as around the objective areas.

I got a total of 1 kill with the bot in those 3 games, I don't think it's an advantage at all.

commish said:
No, it's pretty much only the shotgun that's cheap imo. If you pick the engineering class, and you don't finish at the top in points or don't have over a 2 kdr, then something is wrong. It just takes no skill whatsoever to shotgun people down, and I'll believe that until the day I stop playing this game. Anyone who argues otherwise either A) is a shotgun whore or B) doesn't own KZ2 or C) never spent some quality time with the shotgun. I'm not saying it's not possible to do well with other guns - obviously that isn't true - and I do realize that the engineering class needs to be played, but I just don't understand how people can say that a shotgun is completely balanced against the other weapons. It's not.

well of course anyone using shotgun might get a lucky shot off even if they have no skill but how is that any different then the smg,st-14,m-82,lmg, etc... i rarely see other shotgunners go over 2 kdr in a game mostly cause they can get some lucky shots off but they die as soon as they do, when i use the shotty its not uncommon for me to take out 4,5,maybe 6 guys without dieing. also i never said the weapon was perfectly balanced but its not noticeable harder to lets say take out a shotgunner than a m-82 user so i dont see how any weapon is cheap IMO. sounds like you just have bad luck and ran into shotgun users at bad times, everyone has their weaknesses but that doesnt make that weapon necessarily overpowered.

AranhaHunter said:
Can someone tell me why the Engineer class is an advantage? I played 3 games with Engineer today and I set up bot in small corridors (like the game suggests), as well as around the objective areas.

I got a total of 1 kill with the bot in those 3 games, I don't think it's an advantage at all.

I used to think the same until yesterday when I decided to "actually" learn how to play with an engineer and easily got more than 5 kills and the repair/hack ability. It's all about the placement. You set the sentry bot in a random place and it'll most likely get destroyed. You place it during S&D matches a few steps away from C4 defense/offense and prepare for massacre. Ofcourse, two or more turrets with a little gap in between them (in case someone tries to destroy them both with grenades) is always the key. Combine that with the power of shotgun that can rip someone apart even if there is lag and you got yourself a killer combination. Unlock other class abilities and combine them (e.g. air support or C4) for a massacre.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
AranhaHunter said:

Well it helps when you spawn with a shotgun, which is usually 1-2 hit kill. And having a bot by your side when you're using a shotty always helps finish them off if the chance you get a shot off but no kill and you get killed.

that make sense? worded that really weird but thats the only advantage I can think of.

10dollas

Banned
The engineers advantage becomes readily apparent in smaller gamers where placing the full count of bots between two people means double the targets for the enemy team. An objective game is difficult enough when one or two teammates must put down their gun in order to achieve said object. But engineers exasperate the numbers problem further(and to a degree the tacticians air bots also coincide here). Think about it 5v5 search and destroy. 5+ 4 bots+2 air bots vs the opposing team of 5. Also, turrets are no easy obstacle to remove from the battlefield without assault class under such circumstances. To summarize, they provide as a significant un-ignorable distraction and as well as a extra man with a gun who will headshot you if placed properly. There's no reason why a team should be without 2 engineers.

commish

aj2good4you2 said:
well of course anyone using shotgun might get a lucky shot off even if they have no skill but how is that any different then the smg,st-14,m-82,lmg, etc... i rarely see other shotgunners go over 2 kdr in a game mostly cause they can get some lucky shots off but they die as soon as they do, when i use the shotty its not uncommon for me to take out 4,5,maybe 6 guys without dieing. also i never said the weapon was perfectly balanced but its not noticeable harder to lets say take out a shotgunner than a m-82 user so i dont see how any weapon is cheap IMO. sounds like you just have bad luck and ran into shotgun users at bad times, everyone has their weaknesses but that doesnt make that weapon necessarily overpowered.

No, I'm not saying that I personally have a problem with killing shotgunners - most of them are just bad players who pick the weapon because it's a lot easier to get kills with it, and yes, they can get off a lucky shot to kill me which can drive me bonkers. What I'm saying is that, if you have 2 players, equally skilled, one with a shotgun and one with a different weapon, I'd bet anything the guy with the shotgun ends up with more kills and a better kdr. It's just easier to use and get kills with, and when you consider the maps and the range and power of the shotgun, the shotgun user is rarely at a disadvantage.

Like I posted before, I decided to play engineer exclusively the last game I played, and the first game I was exclusively an engineer since I unlocked the sab class, and I had my first 700+ point game (in a long game). It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Whenever I pick up a shotgun, it is like easy mode and I feel cheap using it. Nevermind if the level allows boost. Boost + shotgun = extra ridiculousness.

I stopped caring about the shotgun, bc it is what it is and KZ2 has more problems than just the shotgun. However, like I said in my previous post, I don't understand how people can't see that it gives the player a distinct advantage a majority of the time.

I challenge any shotgun abuser to refrain from using a shotgun for an entire week and then show me their stats are the same. It just won't happen.

Kittonwy

Banned
10dollas said:
The engineers advantage becomes readily apparent in smaller gamers where placing the full count of bots between two people means double the targets for the enemy team. An objective game is difficult enough when one or two teammates must put down their gun in order to achieve said object. But engineers exasperate the numbers problem further(and to a degree the tacticians air bots also coincide here). Think about it 5v5 search and destroy. 5+ 4 bots+2 air bots vs the opposing team of 5. Also, turrets are no easy obstacle to remove from the battlefield without assault class under such circumstances. To summarize, they provide as a significant un-ignorable distraction and as well as a extra man with a gun who will headshot you if placed properly. There's no reason why a team should be without 2 engineers.

This is why I like bigger games (16 vs 16), resulting in more players than turrets, but then I've always liked bigger games.

shagg_187 said:
I used to think the same until yesterday when I decided to "actually" learn how to play with an engineer and easily got more than 5 kills and the repair/hack ability. It's all about the placement. You set the sentry bot in a random place and it'll most likely get destroyed. You place it during S&D matches a few steps away from C4 defense/offense and prepare for massacre. Ofcourse, two or more turrets with a little gap in between them (in case someone tries to destroy them both with grenades) is always the key. Combine that with the power of shotgun that can rip someone apart even if there is lag and you got yourself a killer combination. Unlock other class abilities and combine them (e.g. air support or C4) for a massacre.

I can place 2 bots without having to die? I thought it was only 1 each time....there are also some places I can't set up a bot, why?

commish

Kittonwy said:
This is why I like bigger games (16 vs 16), resulting in more players than turrets, but then I've always liked bigger games.

Bigger games just led to more teammates shooting my turrets so they can place their own. Getting 5 turret kills in a game was way more difficult than it shoulda been back in the beginning!

AranhaHunter said:
I can place 2 bots without having to die? I thought it was only 1 each time....there are also some places I can't set up a bot, why?

You can place a billion bots before you die. There's no limit, outside of the 4 out at one time total.

Click

Banned
AranhaHunter said:

"Engineer – The motherfuckin’ Engineer class. Quite possibly the most played and most overpowered class other than Assault in KZ2. Every good / smart clan knows to stack their team with dedicated Engineers. The class’ importance and dominance is enhanced in clan games because clan games usually have lower player counts than large public games, which results in less turrets being destroyed and their ability to focus fire on single targets a lot more effective. Having 4 turret bots constantly shooting and defending an area is more than annoying, it’s straight-up deadly and an essential tactic in most game modes, required in clan games. You blow one turret up, they put up another one. You are now left with low health, distracted from the objective, and the enemy (usually the Engineer camping near the turrets) get a nice and easy kill on you. The bots are in my opinion, very overpowered. They can get headshots too easily, can absorb too much damage (unless they were freshly placed and are still in a vulnerable state), they do too much damage compared to the mostly useless air bots, and they fire rockets (at air bots) way too rapidly. Oh yeah, and it’s quite retarded how Engineers can just die to immediately refresh their reuse timer on turret bots. That’s how people can get so many bots up so quickly to flood an area with bots. The only negative thing (and it’s not even really negative, mostly annoying) about Engineers / bot placement is the fact that the placement timer resets every time someone runs by you and you also have to be facing a certain way to place them in certain areas.

The damn shotgun… Other than grenade / rocket launchers, the shotgun is the most complained about weapon in KZ2 and for good reason. Simply put, it is overpowered. The range on this gun is ridiculous, especially given its power and accuracy. Since there is no damage reduction to the shotgun’s pellets in relation to distance traveled, it does too much damage even if fired from a lengthy distance. Also, even if 1 pellet hits your head, it counts as a headshot. Aim-assist on this gun is just ridiculous. Sure, GG finally took out the auto-aim exploit but the shotgun STILL locks onto people like a friggin’ magnet. Then add in the fact that most objectives on most maps in KZ2 are located in close quarters, with tons of choke points and narrow corridors, the shotgun shines in most situations. If a smart Engineer / shotgun user is running out in the open, simply carry around another overpowered weapon: the Magnum (you just have to grind to unlock it)."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15663807&postcount=25001

Kittonwy

Banned
commish said:
Bigger games just led to more teammates shooting my turrets so they can place their own. Getting 5 turret kills in a game was way more difficult than it shoulda been back in the beginning!

Depends on whom you play with.

commish

Click said:
"Engineer – The motherfuckin’ Engineer class. Quite possibly the most played and most overpowered class other than Assault in KZ2. Every good / smart clan knows to stack their team with dedicated Engineers. The class’ importance and dominance is enhanced in clan games because clan games usually have lower player counts than large public games, which results in less turrets being destroyed and their ability to focus fire on single targets a lot more effective. Having 4 turret bots constantly shooting and defending an area is more than annoying, it’s straight-up deadly and an essential tactic in most game modes, required in clan games. You blow one turret up, they put up another one. You are now left with low health, distracted from the objective, and the enemy (usually the Engineer camping near the turrets) get a nice and easy kill on you. The bots are in my opinion, very overpowered. They can get headshots too easily, can absorb too much damage (unless they were freshly placed and are still in a vulnerable state), they do too much damage compared to the mostly useless air bots, and they fire rockets (at air bots) way too rapidly. Oh yeah, and it’s quite retarded how Engineers can just die to immediately refresh their reuse timer on turret bots. That’s how people can get so many bots up so quickly to flood an area with bots. The only negative thing (and it’s not even really negative, mostly annoying) about Engineers / bot placement is the fact that the placement timer resets every time someone runs by you and you also have to be facing a certain way to place them in certain areas.

The damn shotgun… Other than grenade / rocket launchers, the shotgun is the most complained about weapon in KZ2 and for good reason. Simply put, it is overpowered. The range on this gun is ridiculous, especially given its power and accuracy. Since there is no damage reduction to the shotgun’s pellets in relation to distance traveled, it does too much damage even if fired from a lengthy distance. Also, even if 1 pellet hits your head, it counts as a headshot. Aim-assist on this gun is just ridiculous. Sure, GG finally took out the auto-aim exploit but the shotgun STILL locks onto people like a friggin’ magnet. Then add in the fact that most objectives on most maps in KZ2 are located in close quarters, with tons of choke points and narrow corridors, the shotgun shines in most situations. If a smart Engineer / shotgun user is running out in the open, simply carry around another overpowered weapon: the Magnum (you just have to grind to unlock it)."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15663807&postcount=25001

Eggsactly.

Click

Banned
commish said:
You can place a billion bots before you die. There's no limit, outside of the 4 out at one time total.

There is a limit... a time limit before the bots self-destruct.

You can usually set up 2 going by regular timers (without dying), where shortly after you try to put up a third one, the first one you put up will blow up. I haven't timed it but I believe they last for 3 or so minutes each. Maybe a bit longer, not sure.

The easiest way to keep tons of bots up at all times is to put one up, rush into enemy areas to try and get some kills before you die, get killed, then go back to where you want to set up your army of bots, set up another. Rinse and repeat. Or, just commit suicide but not many people do that just to get multiple bots up quickly.

The key is to also have repair as your secondary if you want to keep lots of bots up. And keep in mind, your bots are in a vulnerable or "soft" state when you first place them. That's why they get blown up so easily at first. You need to let them "harden" which only takes a few seconds.

FFObsessed said:
Hey, we can't all be the richest man in Spain you know! :lol

CrushDance was hilarious in that game. He'd join, be completely invincible for a minute straight then get stuck in the "meleeing" position as he disconnects . Rejoin and repeat about 5 times. :lol

Yooooooou aaaaare noooot alooooone!
I am heeere with yoooooooou!

He was the greatest non gaffer of all time... and I've forgotten his name haha
:lol That was such bullshit, It looked like you all froze to me. Did I actually get kills?

commish said:
No, I'm not saying that I personally have a problem with killing shotgunners - most of them are just bad players who pick the weapon because it's a lot easier to get kills with it, and yes, they can get off a lucky shot to kill me which can drive me bonkers. What I'm saying is that, if you have 2 players, equally skilled, one with a shotgun and one with a different weapon, I'd bet anything the guy with the shotgun ends up with more kills and a better kdr. It's just easier to use and get kills with, and when you consider the maps and the range and power of the shotgun, the shotgun user is rarely at a disadvantage.

Like I posted before, I decided to play engineer exclusively the last game I played, and the first game I was exclusively an engineer since I unlocked the sab class, and I had my first 700+ point game (in a long game). It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Whenever I pick up a shotgun, it is like easy mode and I feel cheap using it. Nevermind if the level allows boost. Boost + shotgun = extra ridiculousness.

I stopped caring about the shotgun, bc it is what it is and KZ2 has more problems than just the shotgun. However, like I said in my previous post, I don't understand how people can't see that it gives the player a distinct advantage a majority of the time.

well to me it sounds like your a decent player so i dont find it a surprise you did well with shotty, good players can get tons of kills with any weapon in the game.

commish said:
I challenge any shotgun abuser to refrain from using a shotgun for an entire week and then show me their stats are the same. It just won't happen.

i use shotgun just cause it happens to come along with the engineer class. about a month ago i went about 1 1/2 weeks without touching the shotty and my stats were ridiculously better mostly using medic and sab with the st-14, if anything my stats go down when using engineer due to having to stay back and put up bots around objectives.

TheFatOne said:
I hate you :lol I wanted to kill 10dollas and you kept killing me accidentally :( One more thing before I head off to sleep. I have been thinking up strategies for different maps. In a couple of days I will post my different ideas and you guys can tell me what you think. I am also trying to use maps to explain different capture points, hotspots etc.. just give me some more time to flesh things out.
Pretty sure it was just once, I only had enought time for one game. I'm starting to like the Wasteland Bullet.

I should be on tonight, not until around 11:30 or once the G.F. goes to bed.

Click

Banned
From the official KZ2 guide:

LS13 Shotgun
Clip Size - 8
Max Clips - 4
Max Rounds - 32
Round Reload Time - 1.3 (this is how long it takes to chamber your next shot to fire)
Clip Reload Time - 5.5

Range - 0 to 30m Damage - 10 to 200. (This weapon fires 20 pellets which do 10 damage each, spreading more with greater distance).

That's right. The shotgun does TWICE the amount of damage the sniper rifle does if all pellets (20) hit you. That's how it can kill a full-health Assault class from point-blank range (5 meters or less). Like I said, since this game doesn't reduce damage of projectiles in relation to distance traveled, the shotgun's only drawback is the pellet spread. And the pellet spread isn't very wide within 10-20 meters.

Kittonwy

Banned
user friendly said:
Pretty sure it was just once, I only had enought time for one game. I'm starting to like the Wasteland Bullet.

I should be on tonight, not until around 11:30 or once the G.F. goes to bed.

I should be on after going to teh gyme.
Indifferent2.gif

commish

aj2good4you2 said:
well to me it sounds like your a decent player so i dont find it a surprise you did well with shotty, good players can get tons of kills with any weapon in the game.

i use shotgun just cause it happens to come along with the engineer class. about a month ago i went about 1 1/2 weeks without touching the shotty and my stats were ridiculously better mostly using medic and sab with the st-14, if anything my stats go down when using engineer due to having to stay back and put up bots around objectives.

1. But my point is that it's significantly easier with the shotty, hence the advantage it has. A good player can do well with the TMP in cs, but that doesn't mean it's as good as an AWP.

2. Even if your stats were ridiculously better, that seems to be a result of a change in play style than anything that has to do with the shotgun.

anyways, i miss playing kz2. only 8 more days until finals are over!

JB1981

I played a real game of Killzone (no TTP hardcore mode) with Shagg and Maggot last night on Tharsis Depot and what a clusterfuck. The objective modes on a map like Tharsis Depot w/ over 20 players is simply an unplayable mess. Tell me, do some of you guys actually enjoy the chaos? It's a mindless spam fest. The reason I love TTP's mode so much is because our games have a real ebb and flow and I there is a much greater sense of purpose to the way the teams play. Of course, we also play with 16 players and that helps a great deal. I can't even imagine what MAG is going to be like :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Click said:
From the official KZ2 guide:

LS13 Shotgun
Clip Size - 8
Max Clips - 4
Max Rounds - 32
Round Reload Time - 1.3 (this is how long it takes to chamber your next shot to fire)
Clip Reload Time - 5.5

Range - 0 to 30m Damage - 10 to 200. (This weapon fires 20 pellets which do 10 damage each, spreading more with greater distance).

That's right. The shotgun does TWICE the amount of damage the sniper rifle does if all pellets (20) hit you. That's how it can kill a full-health Assault class from point-blank range (5 meters or less). Like I said, since this game doesn't reduce damage of projectiles in relation to distance traveled, the shotgun's only drawback is the pellet spread. And the pellet spread isn't very wide within 10-20 meters.
Are there any games that reduces damage on projectiles the longer the shots are away from the enemy? This made me curious, so i had to ask :)

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
I played a real game of Killzone (no TTP hardcore mode) with Shagg and Maggot last night on Tharsis Depot and what a clusterfuck. The objective modes on a map like Tharsis Depot w/ over 20 players is simply an unplayable mess. Tell me, do some of you guys actually enjoy the chaos? It's a mindless spam fest. The reason I love TTP's mode so much is because our games have a real ebb and flow and I there is a much greater sense of purpose to the way the teams play. Of course, we also play with 16 players and that helps a great deal. I can't even imagine what MAG is going to be like :lol

Did any of you try doing objectives together? Did you have a decent tactician? Comparing that to playing with a whole gang of gafe vets who know exactly where to go and how to play is probably going to set you up to be disappointed.

I ran into FFObsessed last night, we played a few together and it was fun for me, me and CJ and Lyulf were playing last night and we won a few, I think it really depends on who's on your team.

Click

Banned
test_account said:
Are there any games that reduces damage on projectiles the longer the shots are away from the enemy? This made me curious, so i had to ask :)

I can't think of any that I've played but it would certainly be great if shooters did have a realistic feature like that for shotguns.

It would probably be very difficult to program something like that into a game, given lag and other problems, but certainly not impossible.

My point wasn't that KZ2 should have included damage reduction to the weapons, but that it needs to balance out their weapons (and classes).

In this case, the shotgun needs A LOT more pellet spread after 5 meters AND lower the amount of pellets shot out (to maybe 10 or 15, instead of 20), because it doesn't have any damage reduction for distance traveled. GG also needs to reduce the aim-assist greatly because like I said, it still locks onto people like a magnet. More so than other weapons.

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Did any of you try doing objectives together? Did you have a decent tactician? Comparing that to playing with a whole gang of gafe vets who know exactly where to go and how to play is probably going to set you up to be disappointed.

I ran into FFObsessed last night, we played a few together and it was fun for me, me and CJ and Lyulf were playing last night and we won a few, I think it really depends on who's on your team.

Well I certainly wasn't suggesting that those guys don't know how to play (i'm not all that good anyway) but we didn't have the most coordinated squad ever. With that said, I still think the less turrets/bots/spawn points/nade spamming there is the better the game plays. Sure the overarching design of the mutiplayer may have been more 'clusterfuck' and less 'tactical' but the game plays considerably better with less players and a more tactical (some may say vanilla) approach.

Kitton: if you're down for some games later around 10pm est, lemme know. I gots an 80gib in my bedroom now and I can play some games chillin from mah beds lol

oneHeero

JB1981 said:
Well I certainly wasn't suggesting that those guys don't know how to play (i'm not all that good anyway) but we didn't have the most coordinated squad ever. With that said, I still think the less turrets/bots/spawn points/nade spamming there is the better the game plays. Sure the overarching design of the mutiplayer may have been more 'clusterfuck' and less 'tactical' but the game plays considerably better with less players and a more tactical (some may say vanilla) approach.

Kitton: if you're down for some games later around 10pm est, lemme know. I gots an 80gib in my bedroom now and I can play some games chillin from mah beds lol
Yo beamber, I'm up for it if you are still. Give me like 20-30 mins tops.

Rolf NB

test_account said:
Resistance 2 does it. Probably not a good topic to dwell on around these parts.

Schrade

ROFL. aj, you're hilarious to listen to while you play.

I'm spectating your game right now and you and thejared are doing teabag vendettas. I love your comment "Oh yeah teabag me, for all you know I'm gay. Go balls deep!"

Too damn funny.

TheFatOne

I have got to stop watching sports games and playing Killzone 2 at the same time. Great games as always guys. That game at Radec was intense as hell. Sorry for all the team kills at the end >.< I was trying to get the turrets down. I really like the chat feature its awesome.

CloudV

I've been getting in some quality time since JP is on Golden Week and I don't have to work, but a few things are really getting to me.

1. Freezes, does anyone get ps3 freezes when playing Killzone? I think it depends on the server I'm connecting to, but when I select a server, it does the map loading, then freezes at the syncing game server screen. I have to hard reset the machine and start all over. It's getting to the point of every other match, which makes it annoying as it's a 3-5 minute turnaround to get back to the screen and pray for a server that works.

2. In game browser for killzone 2, is it me or is this an afterthought? The splash screen flash doesn't work, you have to enter your age, and then log in. Would it have been so hard to program a direct link with you already logged in?

3. rocket whores. 'nuff said.

Schrade said:

I'm spectating your game right now and you and thejared are doing teabag vendettas. I love your comment "Oh yeah teabag me, for all you know I'm gay. Go balls deep!"

Too damn funny.

that guy teabagged me at every opportunity:lol :lol

also fun games tonight they were all pretty competitive except the game where me and capt_mhead had to face a whole team of GAFA, excellent balance there guys!

oh and since we lost that last game the ps3 has offically lost the console wars:lol :lol

I forgot the dude's name but he teabagged me when I got killed. I told him "Damn you! Im gonna take my revenge!" so in return I killed him and started teabagging when I got shotgunned from the back. He started screaming "Yeah! That's what you get!!!" :lol

Nevertheless, fun games tonight all the way to them little kids leaving :lol

Click

Banned
bcn-ron said:

Uh... I've played R2 online for 4 days and 20 hours (yeah, yeah, 4:20) and never noticed damage reduction on projectiles. You must be mistaken.

Schrade said:
teabag vendettas

LOL, never heard of this term before. I gotta use it next time I get into teabagging wars.

I think getting teabagged is a badge of honor. It means you're playing very well and have pissed off your opponents to such a degree, they feel the need to crouch multiple times on your body/face everytime they get the rare opportunity to kill you. This is usually a mistake on my opponents' part though. Because I usually end up seeking them out for as long as I play against them and make their life hell in the game.

KZObsessed

Schrade said:

Too damn funny.

:lol

Rolf NB

Click said:
Uh... I've played R2 online for 4 days and 20 hours (yeah, yeah, 4:20) and never noticed damage reduction on projectiles. You must be mistaken.
Carbine damage per bullet depends on distance, going by the XP numbers popping out of the target. I don't think it happens for every weapon. It wouldn't make much sense for the Fareye and Marksman for example.

obaidr

Banned
CloudV said:
I've been getting in some quality time since JP is on Golden Week and I don't have to work, but a few things are really getting to me.

1. Freezes, does anyone get ps3 freezes when playing Killzone? I think it depends on the server I'm connecting to, but when I select a server, it does the map loading, then freezes at the syncing game server screen. I have to hard reset the machine and start all over. It's getting to the point of every other match, which makes it annoying as it's a 3-5 minute turnaround to get back to the screen and pray for a server that works.

2. In game browser for killzone 2, is it me or is this an afterthought? The splash screen flash doesn't work, you have to enter your age, and then log in. Would it have been so hard to program a direct link with you already logged in?

3. rocket whores. 'nuff said.

1.) Delete your game data. Redownload the patch and it will work.
2.) Yes and no. It was there from beginning but it is shit. Use it with your PC browser.
3.) I check every game for them. If they are allowed i am out. Get in to a clan. Clan games are much better.

test_account

XP-39C²
Click said:
I can't think of any that I've played but it would certainly be great if shooters did have a realistic feature like that for shotguns.

It would probably be very difficult to program something like that into a game, given lag and other problems, but certainly not impossible.

My point wasn't that KZ2 should have included damage reduction to the weapons, but that it needs to balance out their weapons (and classes).

In this case, the shotgun needs A LOT more pellet spread after 5 meters AND lower the amount of pellets shot out (to maybe 10 or 15, instead of 20), because it doesn't have any damage reduction for distance traveled. GG also needs to reduce the aim-assist greatly because like I said, it still locks onto people like a magnet. More so than other weapons.
Ye, i didnt mean to imply that you were saying that Killzone 2 should have included damage reduction on the shotgun depending on the range of the shot, sorry about that. I just got curious if any games had damage reduction depending on the range of the shot, so i just wanted to ask about that :)

Ye, i agree, it would be cool if games had damage reduction depending on the range of a shotgun shot, but it actually seems like Killzone 2 has a feature like this when it comes to the shotgun :) I got curious about how far away you could use the shotgun and do damage, so i called my sister and asked if she could join a Killzone 2 game/server that i created. I created a game with Search & Retrieve, this way i could see how far away the enemy is (when they are carrying the propaganda speaker).

When i was exactly 30 meters from the enemy and when i shot with the shotgun, the enemy got hit, but no damage was taken. I asked my sister to try the same thing on me, and i saw that i got hit. The screen shook abit and i saw some blood i think, but my health bar didnt go down, not even 1 millimeter. The same thing happend with several of shots, so it didnt seem to be a 1-time-only thing. Or maybe that 1 or 2 pellets alone doesnt do any damage (assuming that is how many pellets that hit me from a 30 meter distance)?

I also tested from a 15, 20 and 25 meter range as well. At these times the damage that was taken seemed to be rather random. For example at a 20 meter range i could loose maybe 1cm of my health bar, but on the next shot maybe i lost like 2cm of my healthbar.

bcn-ron said:
Ye, that is true, i actually thought of Resistance 2 as well, since the range of the shotgun in this game isnt that far :) But is this because that the game is programmed with range reduction damage, or is it that the spread on the Resistance 2 shotgun is much wider compared to the shotgun in Killzone 2, which results in that the shotgun pellets spreading much more, so there are less chance that the pellets will hit the enemy from a more far range? Or is the game programmed that the shotgun pellets will "fade away"/dissapear after for example 20 yards or so (meaning that each pellet will do just as much damage from 0 to 19 yards)?

Top Bottom