• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
just got done playing about 5-6 games with the devs, its hard to play with a big group of them cause they would setup a new server after every game. had one of the devs almost start complaining about my shotty when i killed 2 in 1 shot:lol :lol and i think i managed to teabag all the devs at least once so my dream has finally cam true!:lol

I didn't bother with those dev games, I got into one, went like 7 and 2, the next game came up and I didn't want to keep going, autobalance sucks.

GG afterwards though, I like playing with you and lyulf on the same team than just messing around.

TheFatOne

aj2good4you2 said:
just got done playing about 5-6 games with the devs, its hard to play with a big group of them cause they would setup a new server after every game. had one of the devs almost start complaining about my shotty when i killed 2 in 1 shot:lol :lol and i think i managed to teabag all the devs at least once so my dream has finally cam true!:lol

I wanted to get in that game. I wanted to show GG just how unbalanced the assault is :lol

Kittonwy said:
I didn't bother with those dev games, I got into one, went like 7 and 2, the next game came up and I didn't want to keep going, autobalance sucks.

GG afterwards though, I like playing with you and lyulf on the same team than just messing around.

Ohh god I wanted to kill some of our team mates. I'm like "WTF are you doing how did you let him plant that shit he was right next to you, fucking idiots"

test_account

XP-39C²
aj2good4you2 said:
had one of the devs almost start complaining about my shotty when i killed 2 in 1 shot:lol
Hehe, what did he say or do?

TheFatOne said:
Ohh god I wanted to kill some of our team mates. I'm like "WTF are you doing how did you let him plant that shit he was right next to you, fucking idiots"
Ye, i wonder about this sometimes as well, how it is possible to "allow" the enemy to plant the bombs when it looks like there are several of my team mates close to the guy who is planting the bomb. I guess that they maybe arent paying attention to the blinking light(s) in the top right corner (those lights that indicates that 1 or 2 bombs are being planted) :\

test_account said:
Hehe, what did he say or do?

he started saying "how the hell is that possi......" then he went silent:lol

also one of the devs kept saying saying "hi gaf" and invited me to his squad, wonder who he was?

test_account

XP-39C²
aj2good4you2 said:
Hehe, cool :)

EDIT: How often are Guerilla Games playing online by the way? Do they play on a specific time and day each week?

test_account said:
Hehe, cool :)

EDIT: How often are Guerilla Games playing online by the way? Do they play on a specific time and day each week?

i believe they play at all different times just not organized in a big group like today, if you see someone with [GG] as their clan tag then thats them:D

test_account

XP-39C²
aj2good4you2 said:
i believe they play at all different times just not organized in a big group like today, if you see someone with [GG] as their clan tag then thats them:D
Ah ok, i didnt know that. I will try to remember that and see if i will see some players with the [GG] clan tag :) Thanks for the info! :)

Irnbru

aj2good4you2 said:

Haha, my favorite shotgun kill of all time is the double headshot I got. Shotgun through two peoples faces when they were standing one and the other.

Click

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

Because he quickly realized "WE" (GG) made it possible.

Everyone should have been Assault and Engineer against GG, to prove to them how broken and overpowered those 2 classes (and their weapons) are. I would have loved to be an Assault boosting around, spamming rockets and grenades into the devs' faces or dominate them as Assault with med packs and SMG / M82.

TheFatOne

Click said:
Because he quickly realized "WE" (GG) made it possible.

Everyone should have been Assault and Engineer against GG, to prove to them how broken and overpowered those 2 classes (and their weapons) are. I would have loved to be an Assault boosting around, spamming rockets and grenades into the devs' faces or dominate them as Assault with med packs and SMG / M82.

Believe me when AJ told me to join I tried to get in to do exactly that, but I couldn't get in the game it was full.

So, uhhh, anyone having issues with this game tonite? It's either taking a really long time to log into Warzone or kicking me out after a few minutes of play, usually with an error code of 10 or 8103 or something.

NeoUltima

Could I get an invite to the active GAF U.S. clan? I had got addicted to SFIV, now I come back to KZ2(and am slapping myself for having stopped playing b4) and GAF2 is totally dead.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
So, uhhh, anyone having issues with this game tonite? It's either taking a really long time to log into Warzone or kicking me out after a few minutes of play, usually with an error code of 10 or 8103 or something.
I was getting that a lot last night, been great so far today for me though.

Zen

Banned
FFObsessed said:
They do not have a clue! It's like they want their game to be shit. Although I guess they can't really disable anything as that would be admitting they've made mistakes on the core design and as if they would ever do that!

I think it's a case of people being too close to the product for a long time, and GG/Killzone 2 being a big ship that already 'done' and the people who do feel that there are problems aren't in the right places to make the fixes.

Frankly completely removing the Heavy class would do wonders for this game, although a more nuanced solution could be possible. I'm just thankful that most of the community seems to be adapating by either limiting the rocket spam, or taking out the rocket launchers (or Assault class entirely) in the instances. You still get the ocassional cluster fuck game though, how much experience do you lose for quiting mid game?

SetUhatU

haha...that was pretty fun. I was in a GAF game earlier tonight. Some dude named Lyger or something like that was on my team and it seemed his strategy was to martyr himself w/ a grenade over and over...pretty funny. Some dude from gafa named 10dollars killed me far too much...good times.

icechai

aj2good4you2 said:

nice job AJ! GG should do more of this and play some of our squads so we can really show them how unbalanced the classes can be.

Click

Banned
icechai said:
nice job AJ! GG should do more of this and play some of our squads so we can really show them how unbalanced the classes can be.

They're probably too traumatized and don't want to play with GAF'fers anymore. :lol

Seriously, they should make a "regular" Warzone game with everything left on default and invite only GAF players to play against them. We'll show them the game they created in all of its unbalanced glory. It doesn't even take more than 2 "good" Assault players and everyone else Engineers, with a good Tactician or two, to turn this game into a completely mindless clusterfuck. It would be so satisfying to frustrate GG over and over with their own game design decisions.

Come on, GG. Set it up someday. All we need is 1-2 hours of default Warzone games to really show them what most players have to put up with on a daily basis and why some of us complain as much as we do.

Click

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I would love to teach the GG team a thing or two.

Hell yes!

We had a good thing going before you quit. Handed Euro GAF their first loss against another GAF clan (even though they seem to have wiped that from their memory).

10dollas

Banned
SetUhatU said:
haha...that was pretty fun. I was in a GAF game earlier tonight. Some dude named Lyger or something like that was on my team and it seemed his strategy was to martyr himself w/ a grenade over and over...pretty funny. Some dude from gafa named 10dollars killed me far too much...good times.

Present.

I think Lyulf has lost his mind and gone cuckoo. Oh boy was lyulf a riot these past two games. If there was a leaderboard for teamkills he would be numero uno

Kittonwy

Banned
10dollas said:
Present.

I think Lyulf has lost his mine and gone cuckoo. Oh boy was lyulf a riot these past two games. If there was a leaderboard for teamkills he would be numero uno

I was wondering what he was doing.
Indifferent2.gif

10dollas said:
Present.

I think Lyulf has lost his mind and gone cuckoo. Oh boy was lyulf a riot these past two games. If there was a leaderboard for teamkills he would be numero uno

it all started when some guy on our team got the propaganda speaker and took it to our base to camp it out when we hadnt even scored yet so that made no sense, so lyulf went and tk'ed the guy so we could score and then that guy started tk'ing all gaffers and lyulf started tk'ing him for the whole match:lol

icechai

TheFatOne said:
I think GG should institute an IQ test. You would have to be above a certain number to play Killzone 2 online.

that's just mean to those who would fail it but paid for the game. Again, i think the main issue should be there should be specific requirements for a server to be ranked. And make it so if you team kill a certain amount of people in a certain time limit, that player would get kicked.

TheFatOne

aj2good4you2 said:
it all started when some guy on our team got the propaganda speaker and took it to our base to camp it out when we hadnt even scored yet so that made no sense, so lyulf went and tk'ed the guy so we could score and then that guy started tk'ing all gaffers and lyulf started tk'ing him for the whole match:lol

Pretty much this, but the last game I team killed because my team was full of morons. I only felt bad about killing the Japanese guy on my team. He was actually doing objectives, but unfortunately for him no one else was so fuck them.

TheFatOne

Click said:
*sigh*

If it was someone else posting this, I'd rip you a new one.

Well I want to buy Socom Confrontation but I'm broke >.< I will probably buy it after inFAMOUS hits though. Oh man Click you should have been on my team when this one guy was team killing GAFA hilarious.

Click

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Well I want to buy Socom Confrontation but I'm broke >.< I will probably buy it after inFAMOUS hits though. Oh man Click you should have been on my team when this one guy was team killing GAFA hilarious.

You do realize there's a vote/kick function in this game, right?
And since there was GAFA members on the team, you guys could've booted him out.
But I guess nobody ever uses that function in KZ2 and I guess it wouldn't have made the late-night KZ2 news like it did just now. :lol

TheFatOne

Click said:
You do realize there's a vote/kick function in this game, right?
And since there was GAFA members on the team, you guys could've booted him out.
But I guess nobody ever uses that function in KZ2 and I guess it wouldn't have made the late-night KZ2 news like it did just now. :lol

Yea I tried to get everyone to vote him out but not everyone did I guess. Click you should play a few games with us sometime. I'm off to play some more Killzone.

Click

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Yea I tried to get everyone to vote him out but not everyone did I guess. Click you should play a few games with us sometime. I'm off to play some more Killzone.

You fuckin' addict. :D

Click said:
LOL, you guys need to play SOCOM.
KZ2 (and its community) cannot handle friendly fire.

its pretty bad in socom too probably half my deaths in a game are from people spraying their ak 47s all over the place, but i still think both games are awesome:D

aj2good4you2 said:
its pretty bad in socom too probably half my deaths in a game are from people spraying their ak 47s all over the place, but i still think both games are awesome:D

This, except when you die in SOCOM you are done for the round, so it is really annoying.

Click

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

Funny, teamkills only contribute to less than 5% of my deaths in the game.
Most players that's actually played the and gave it more than a "trial" period, would say the same thing.

cjtiger300 said:
This, except when you die in SOCOM you are done for the round, so it is really annoying.

It's not annoying if you have SOME patience and don't have ADD.
Plus, if you have skill, map knowledge, and don't have a "run & gun" mentality, then you won't die that often, or at the very least, you won't be sitting out for most of the round. Dying also gives you a chance to actually LEARN new tactics and strategy other players use by spectating them (or it gives you a chance to witness bad/stupid players doing stupid shit which is both funny and sad).

Again, friendly fire does not belong in a mindless, "spammy," run and gun, quick respawn game like KZ2. People don't give a fuck if they TK others. Also, the tendency players have of constantly running in front of teammates (yes, even a lot of GAF'fers do this) and into the line of fire, makes FF absolutely retarded. KZ2 is also a FPS, so it's harder to see teammates around you.

And no, FF is NOT the answer to balance out grenade/rocket launchers.

Kittonwy

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

I guess I got to the game late, must have been crazy, when I got to the match Lyulf was like a fucking suicide bomber lol, at least in the beginning.
Indifferent2.gif

Click said:
Funny, teamkills only contribute to less than 5% of my deaths in the game.
Most players that's actually played the and gave it more than a "trial" period, would say the same thing.

well ive certainly given it more than a trial period as i played nonstop since launch then got hooked on KZ2 beta but up until kz2 release i played socom every night. sure socom had lots of flaws at launch but when its works(which it does now) its the most satisfying shooter on the market IMO.more people should try it out instead of listening to the slant 6 bashers everywhere.

Cagen

Click said:
Hell yes!

We had a good thing going before you quit. Handed Euro GAF their first loss against another GAF clan (even though they seem to have wiped that from their memory).

Wait, what? We've never denied being beaten by GAFA. We've also drawn and beaten you though. However we are smoking you guys on objective points 13 - 7.

Click said:
Seriously, they should make a "regular" Warzone game with everything left on default and invite only GAF players to play against them. We'll show them the game they created in all of its unbalanced glory. It doesn't even take more than 2 "good" Assault players and everyone else Engineers, with a good Tactician or two, to turn this game into a completely mindless clusterfuck. It would be so satisfying to frustrate GG over and over with their own game design decisions.

Don't forget to go a few kills up in Body Count and have your whole team suicide and never respawn, I am sure GG will love this "feature" while having to stand around for 5 minutes not doing anything at all. Then go ahead in Search and Retrieve and hide in your base with the speaker.

test_account

XP-39C²
Cagen said:
Don't forget to go a few kills up in Body Count and have your whole team suicide and never respawn, I am sure GG will love this "feature" while having to stand around for 5 minutes not doing anything at all. Then go ahead in Search and Retrieve and hide in your base with the speaker.
Wasnt the non-spawn in bodycount fixed in the 1.24 patch, that if one team doesnt respawn, then the other team will win?

EDIT: Or maybe it is only fixed in the tournament games?

Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in.

EDIT 2: The possibility to hide in your base in Search and Retrieve still needs to be fixed though. I just played a public game where one guy were hiding in the base with the propaganda speaker, pretty damn annoying to be honest. Luckily the boost ablility was enabled in this game (no rockets though), so i managed to throw a spawn point in their base without too much problem, so the guy got killed. But still, it was annoying indeed :( Compared to all the Killzone 2 matches/rounds that i have played i have luckily hardly experience that some people camp in the base with the propaganda speaker though, but it is annoying when it happends :\

Click

Banned
Cagen said:
Wait, what? We've never denied being beaten by GAFA. We've also drawn and beaten you though. However we are smoking you guys on objective points 13 - 7.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=1005212&kz_file_id=915328

It was before your time, young one. :lol
GAF vs GAFe (GAF US East vs. Euro GAF)... not GAFA

The match ended up being a tie, but since we had more kills, we won (since it was a tournament game, not a normal clan challenge). :D

I am officially 2-0-1 against Euro GAF'fers.
However, the 1 tie happened because I D/C'd in the middle of the game. Never know what would have happened if I didn't D/C or if GG allowed players to rejoin clan games they disconnect from. We were also down players that game. Not making excuses, just saying.

Cagen said:

Yes, I forgot about that. It would be great!
I wonder what they'd be shouting over their mics if that happened to them, lol.
They'd probably press a "boot them all" button and ban us from KZ2 for life for exploiting. :lol

Click

Banned
test_account said:
The possibility to hide in your base in Search and Retrieve still needs to be fixed though. I just played a public game where one guy were hiding in the base with the propaganda speaker, pretty damn annoying to be honest. Luckily the boost ablility was enabled in this game (no rockets though), so i managed to throw a spawn point in their base without too much problem, so the guy got killed. But still, it was annoying indeed :( Compared to all the Killzone 2 matches/rounds that i have played i have luckily hardly experience that some people camp in the base with the propaganda speaker though, but it is annoying when it happends :\

These exploits usually happen during clan games and not on public servers.
Clan games are usually 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, or something like that. They're almost never higher than 8v8. So people can exploit much easier this way.

With fewer players, base defenses are extremely hard to penetrate since the base bots are really hard to destroy and they do a lot of damage (not to mention, they're on a ~15 second respawn timer). Even if you get a spawn grenade or two inside their base, smart exploiters can simply run out and deliver the speaker, leaving your team screwed with at least 1 spawn grenade inside their base.

Like I've said before, all GG has to do is make the speaker automatically respawn if the carrier runs into their base. Simple as that.

SetUhatU

TheFatOne said:
Pretty much this, but the last game I team killed because my team was full of morons. I only felt bad about killing the Japanese guy on my team. He was actually doing objectives, but unfortunately for him no one else was so fuck them.

Morons for sure man. We got destroyed on helghan industries map. I had to take a 15 minute break to help with a screaming child but still finished top 3. I was mowing down all their campers with my shotty...good times.

Facism

I'm sure there have been many a game with GAFe vs GAFA guys that weren't scheduled, and happened due to player availability and friend finding. That'd skew the victories GAFewards.

Also, Cagen, it's not 13 - 7. Them having 7 would imply they won a game, when they had drawn a previous one. It's at least 14 - 6.

Also, i remember that GAF East game. Full Recovery was hardcore in that game :eek:

Cagen

Facism said:
I'm sure there have been many a game with GAFe vs GAFA guys that weren't scheduled, and happened due to player availability and friend finding. That'd skew the victories GAFewards.

Also, Cagen, it's not 13 - 7. Them having 7 would imply they won a game, when they had drawn a previous one. It's at least 14 - 6.

Also, i remember that GAF East game. Full Recovery was hardcore in that game :eek:

1st | GAFA 4 - 3 GAFe
2nd | GAFA 3 - 3 GAFe
3rd | GAFA 0 - 7 GAFe

We also beat all other iterations of the Ameri-GAF clans (Edit: While I was apart of it) but I'm not going to count them.

Click said:
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=1005212&kz_file_id=915328

It was before your time, young one. :lol
GAF vs GAFe (GAF US East vs. Euro GAF)... not GAFA

The match ended up being a tie, but since we had more kills, we won (since it was a tournament game, not a normal clan challenge). :D

Just read this, obviously Euro-GAF needed me in that game lol.

Top Bottom