• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Cagen said:
If it didn't have such glaring flaws it wouldn't get tiring though. I have over 500 hours logged into TF2 and that still isn't boring.

I mostly stopped playing it because of things people spawning and having invincibility, assault whores, etc.

kitch9 said:
Yes, because shooting endless waves of retard cannon fodder is so ace.

I can tell with a response like this that what was written wasn't even read. Do the typical Internet take it to the extreme retort to undermine the opinion attack.

5 or 6 soldiers versus 1 or 2 are not going to turtle. It is the players job to turtle, reload, take shots and then advance. Hiding is typically the domain of the player as he is typically out numbered and outgunned. The game often presents the opposite scenario. Giving up cover to assault 5 hiding helgan soldiers placing the player out in the line of fire.

This wouldn't be so bad if the range combat was interesting but the rifles have awful acccuracy at range and levels typically have enemies at a far enough distance that you are shooting at the top of their bald heads which are the only part that reliably comes out cover. Sniper rifles work but they are not everywhere nor have a reliable source of ammo.

After loving the first game, moreso than Halo 2, that everyone hated and looking forward to this one I have to come away dissapointed by the single player. There are great moments here and gorgeous visuals but I've had more fun playing other FPS games recently.

I haven't been so dissapointed with a weapon substitution since Halo 2. Removing the grenade launcher from the rifles was a poor choice.

spwolf

Warm Machine said:
I can tell with a response like this that what was written wasn't even read. Do the typical Internet take it to the extreme retort to undermine the opinion attack.

5 or 6 soldiers versus 1 or 2 are not going to turtle. It is the players job to turtle, reload, take shots and then advance. Hiding is typically the domain of the player as he is typically out numbered and outgunned. The game often presents the opposite scenario. Giving up cover to assault 5 hiding helgan soldiers placing the player out in the line of fire.

eh, you are still defending that?

its simple as this - in real war, nobody attacks nobody unless they are ordered to. So in this case, you have been ordered to take some place and clear it out of enemy.

Your agrument is that soldiers that are defending that place should stand up so you can kill them easily.

It just doesnt make sense to anyone except you.

MvmntInGrn said:
DLC featuring forest level?!?!?!!?

I can dream no? :(

WALKING TALKING TREES THAT STOMP ON PEOPLE! FUCk YEA!

Lord-of-The-Rings-Tree_l.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
Warm Machine said:

This wouldn't be so bad if the range combat was interesting but the rifles have awful acccuracy at range and levels typically have enemies at a far enough distance that you are shooting at the top of their bald heads which are the only part that reliably comes out cover. Sniper rifles work but they are not everywhere nor have a reliable source of ammo.

After loving the first game, moreso than Halo 2, that everyone hated and looking forward to this one I have to come away dissapointed by the single player. There are great moments here and gorgeous visuals but I've had more fun playing other FPS games recently.

I haven't been so dissapointed with a weapon substitution since Halo 2. Removing the grenade launcher from the rifles was a poor choice.

Rifle accuracy is amazing in this game, this is one of those games where you can take out an enemy from afar with a standard assault rifle, wtf are you even talking about.

lunlunqq

by far the worst GAF night i had so far... everything's lagging. death always happens 5 sec later after i shoot some one. Saboteur class was banned for no reason... not fun at all... :(

TheFatOne

lunlunqq said:
by far the worst GAF night i had so far... everything's lagging. death always happens 5 sec later after i shoot some one. Saboteur class was banned for no reason... not fun at all... :(

You have to be able to use all the classes son. That's why you should rotate what you use every game. So you know how to use every class.

10dollas

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I don't think boost is too bad, assault + boost + heavy machine gun though...

Its not bad in the sense each class has an advantage-- its no worse then the snipers cloak or spot n mark. However, Its just that boost really subtracts from good satisfying game play. Who needs to use team work and coordination to succeed on S&R when you can just zip through a whole team, solo, and with ease to score.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
10dollas said:
Its not bad in the sense each class has an advantage-- its no worse then the snipers cloak or spot n mark. However, Its just that boost really subtracts from good satisfying game play. Who needs to use to team work and coordination to succeed on S&R when you can just zip through a whole team, solo with ease to score.

which is exactly what every public game is. People bitch too much about this game, but I'll never understand some of the class decisions they made.

lunlunqq

TheFatOne said:
You have to be able to use all the classes son. That's why you should rotate what you use every game. So you know how to use every class.

well, it's not the class per se. it's the pew pew rifle and SMG. i can still use the SMG by being a normal soldier, but there is no way to access the pew pew rifle without the saboteur class... :(

10dollas

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
which is exactly what every public game is. People bitch too much about this game, but I'll never understand some of the class decisions they made.

I can understand. People enter into the game based on the positive reviews and hype, thinking this game will be the game to end all games. It will be that perfect game designed to fit their every need and want. But what people don't realize is that each and every person has different ideal visions for a game, including and especially the developers. Hell people don't even realize the average time spent developing a game, 2-4 years, is hardly enough time to create perfection. Little overlooked details can impact a game profoundly. Example: in gears the melee attack temporarily stuns the meleeyee. Due to a combination of this and lag, this gave rise to a technique call the two-peice that really plagued and noobed up Geow2--to put it shortly.

That's why strangely enough, even though I am not the biggest fan of the type of gameplay halo contains, and to a degree COD as well. I can still respect that Bungie and Infinity Ward brought their A game considering the time constraints in developing near flawless multiplayer.

couldnt manage to get into a GAF game tonight but the highlight? joining a 16 vs 16 and at one point taking a shot as engineer and taking out 3 dudes at once with a shotgun blast. I didnt know that could happen and everyone on the mics were "hooooly shiiit"!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bcn-ron said:
The best-looking environment that's already in the game is the cruiser IMO, and they've already transformed that into an MP map.

So basically ... to deliver on that promise, it has to be a whole new environment, from the ground up, no reused assets.
Just like the stuff Tempy told us maybe?:D
Hey i miss Tempy :( (He probably got into troubles for that info)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
shadowsdarknes said:
I mostly stopped playing it because of things people spawning and having invincibility, assault whores, etc.
I stopped playing because... Well that's what I do, I get bored of games easily. i got bored of LBP and MGO. I haven't bought the map pack yet, because I'm waiting for the retro and then maybe after a while they'll bundle them both and sell it on discount or maybe even free?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I stopped playing because the crazy spawn fests and other annoying things.(Lag being one of them)

Facism

Victorious.JPG

GAFe Hero Kings and Queen walk away victorious from the killzone.com GG tournament final!

big swinging dicks (and unsurpassed beauty in FoxGirl's case) in GAFe confirmed.

ChryZ

Cagen said:
matches.jpg

Clan Warfare final TONIGHT, we have all 16 places confirmed which is a first, an awesome first. If there are still some people who will be available put yourself down as a reserve, it is likely someone will come an hour late :lol.

Name: Clan Warfare (AKA GG's clusterfuck)
Ladder: 64 clans, 16vs16 (Final)
Time: Wednesday, April 15th, 8.30pm GMT (1 round per week)
Map: CC
VP: 376 - 193 - 71 (10vp fee)
Modes: All
FF: ON
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Cagen, Ilanna, Dannie boy, Doc, Ushar's Lover, Joshwah, Chryz, Wowbagger, Bovo, Rick, Bignose, Dunpeal, Dave, Ilparazzo, Viper, Nega
GAFe WON!

54.jpg

Wollan

Congrats guys. :D
I'm trying to find more info on this tournament, link?
I mean, I can view the replay but general tourny info.

Top Bottom