• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Facism

FFObsessed said:
So Cagen found this:

Did Guerrilla forget? When is this gonna happen for the great Euro GAF, conquerors of Clan Warfare!

pm tempy or something. we demand proper tribute for our glorious and heroic campaign.

Nizz

Cataferal said:
Unlocking the revolver is a thoroughly tedious experience.

That's all.
Just do what I did and join a pistols only room (preferably no M4 allowed). I'll tell you what, it's worth it. That M4 is a beast. It's like all purpose. Deadly as a shotgun up close, plus it's pretty good at a distance.

And unlimited ammo. ;)

Scarecrow

Hey, all. This has probably been dealt with before, but I just rented the game today and have a question. Has anyone else had any problems with lag for the controls? When I try to look around, it takes the tiniest of half seconds before the character responds to my command. It's very annoying.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
fps fanatic said:
Just do what I did and join a pistols only room (preferably no M4 allowed). I'll tell you what, it's worth it. That M4 is a beast. It's like all purpose. Deadly as a shotgun up close, plus it's pretty good at a distance.

And unlimited ammo. ;)
Was the first thing I unlocked. Its lovely :D

RavenFox

Banned
Scarecrow said:
Hey, all. This has probably been dealt with before, but I just rented the game today and have a question. Has anyone else had any problems with lag for the controls? When I try to look around, it takes the tiniest of half seconds before the character responds to my command. It's very annoying.
Oh god...

Peepz, sheck this out....A shitton of concept art from KZ2:

http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/projects_killzone.php

KZ107.jpg

icechai

Scarecrow said:
so, I assume this has been brought up. Care to enlighten me?

there's a feeling of weight behind the character, play for a while and you'll feel the difference. if you prefer arcade like swings of CoD, you're out of luck.

Kittonwy

Banned
I can't believe every single night I end up running into some non-gaf stupid dumbfuck tactician on my team, every single fucking night. LEARN TO FUCKING THROW THE SPAWNS.
angry.gif

Kittonwy said:
I can't believe every single night I end up running into some non-gaf stupid dumbfuck tactician on my team, every single fucking night. LEARN TO FUCKING THROW THE SPAWNS.
angry.gif

Yeah, this is frustrating. I still had a lot of fun tonight. I think inFAMOUS coming in a few weeks will give me a much needed break from this game. I love it to death, and I have a blast with you guys, but playing in pub games is very annoying. I also agree with Ice, this game needs better search filters.

Oh and Lyulf, games are more fun when you are micced (not sure how the fuck you spell that, lol) up! Get a SOCOM headset for gods sake!

Kittonwy

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
at least we won:lol :lol

We could have pulled off that S&D defense had BOTH the spawn been facing the C4 targets and not the opposite direction. I couldn't believe he put the spawn upstairs during that S&D offense, right towards the end, it made NO SENSE. I'm glad we won though.
angry.gif

-Winnie-

Sorry if old, but somebody has made a full rip of the Killzone 2 soundtrack. If it's not against the rules, I can post a link to download it.
Pity Sony haven't said anything about releasing an official soundtrack. I'd buy it no questions asked. :(

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
-Winnie- said:
Sorry if old, but somebody has made a full rip of the Killzone 2 soundtrack. If it's not against the rules, I can post a link to download it.
Pity Sony haven't said anything about releasing an official soundtrack. I'd buy it no questions asked. :(

Do it! Do it!

Edit
On second thought better don't do it. ;)

-Winnie- said:
I think it was mentioned somewhere that the rights of the music are in question....

-Winnie-

Dubbedinenglish said:
I think it was mentioned somewhere that the rights of the music are in question....

More info, please. Really eager to get the soundtrack if they ever release one. A rip is nice, but something to put up on the shelf is even better. :D

KZObsessed

I'm guessing KILLZONE 3 will be still be set on Helghan, so a few things I want to see.

I DON'T want to play as a Helghast. Good god no. But I would like to see more from the Helghast side.

I want to see the politics:
KZ042.jpg

the people:

KZ052.jpg

And more political/military leaders:
KZ099.jpg

The whole draw of KILLZONE is the Helghast race, that's what makes KILLZONE so interesting, I hope they explore their culture and politics a lot more and really increase the depth of what we see of them. Increase their presence in the game rather than just killing their soldiers. Visari's speeches are some of my favorite moments of the games.

And just for fun, I want to see more space battles! Let me control a spaceship dammit! Star Wars style! This game is perfect for it.

KZ051.jpg

All this plus a further improvement to the gunplay/hit response system of KZ2 (which for me is leagues above every other FPS) and more/longer vehicle sections and KZ3 will be mighty special.

I was also disappointed at the poor use of the Helghast Sniper in the SP. An epic MGS3 "The End" type boss fight with a Sniper General would have been godly. There's nothing as fun as playing as a Sniper in the online or hunting them! When I saw Radec could cloak I was so excited at the premise of fighting him and hunting him down through some complex environment, but unfortunately the final fight was just lame.

scout.jpg

Probably the best design ever. Use them well.

atomico

FFObsessed said:
I'm guessing KILLZONE 3 will be still be set on Helghan, so a few things I want to see.

I DON'T want to play as a Helghast. Good god no. But I would like to see more from the Helghast side.

(IMG]http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/img/projects/killzone/main/KZ042.jpg[/IMG]

the people:

(IMG]http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/img/projects/killzone/main/KZ052.jpg[/IMG]

(IMG]http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/img/projects/killzone/main/KZ099.jpg[/IMG]

The whole draw of KILLZONE is the Helghast race, that's what makes KILLZONE so interesting, I hope they explore their culture and politics a lot more and really increase the depth of what we see of them. Increase their presence in the game rather than just killing their soldiers. Visari's speeches are some of my favorite moments of the games.

And just for fun, I want to see more space battles! Let me control a spaceship dammit! Star Wars style! This game is perfect for it.

(IMG]http://www.leadinglightdesign.com/img/projects/killzone/main/KZ051.jpg[/IMG]

All this plus a further improvement to the gunplay/hit response system of KZ2 (which for me is leagues above every other FPS) and more/longer vehicle sections and KZ3 will be mighty special.

I was also disappointed at the poor use of the Helghast Sniper in the SP. An epic MGS3 "The End" type boss fight with a Sniper General would have been godly. There's nothing as fun as playing as a Sniper in the online or hunting them! When I saw Radec could cloak I was so excited at the premise of fighting him and hunting him down through some complex environment, but unfortunately the final fight was just lame.

(IMG]http://ps3thevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/scout.jpg[/IMG]

where's that artwork from?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Okay so I fired up K2 after not playing it for 2 months or so. Did they change something? Something really feels off. Either the analog controls or the frames have been reduced. Anyone have any insight on what exactly has been changed apart from the released changelog?

edgefusion

FFObsessed said:

*Pic snip*

the people:

*Pic snip*

*Pic snip*

*Pic snip*

*Pic snip*

I agree wholeheartedly on every single point.

One thing that annoyed me in Killzone 2 was that you never really see any of the general populace, I know the Helghast are a total war machine but they must have women, children? There was one point on the train where you meet up with the train driver but he looks no different than a Helghan soldier. I'd quite like to see more ISA environments too (although it'd be difficult if KZ3 is set entirely on Helghan), I really really enjoyed the section on one of the ISA ships and Killzone 1's built-up areas were great.

tiddles

FFObsessed said:

I want to see the politics, the people, and more political/military leaders...

:D

Cruzader

Banned
FFObsessed man you nailed it. The KZ universe has so much potential that hasnt been tapped. Sucks that we might never see such things you pointed out since gamers just want raw action in FPS games. I wish it has more cinematics like MGS4 to give the players more info about the story n stuff.

Click

Banned
Cruzader said:
FFObsessed man you nailed it. The KZ universe has so much potential that hasnt been tapped. Sucks that we might never see such things you pointed out since gamers just want raw action in FPS games. I wish it has more cinematics like MGS4 to give the players more info about the story n stuff.

No, gamers "want" anything the developers give them... as long as it's quality and not half-assed garbage.

It's just that most devs of FPS games don't put much time and effort into telling/showing/explaining the story, history, and background information of the game universe. GG/KZ2 doesn't break from that "norm."

It's a shame too because they do have quite an extensive and compelling story behind the Killzone universe, as the OP of this thread has shown.

-viper-

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Damn, VIPER. During a couple of matches, I had NO idea what was going on, LOL. But I still came in first. :D
So you've never played a Warzone game before?

You're supposed to follow the objectives. It's not a bodycount match where you run around searching for kills :p

I need some help GAF. I've looked it up through walkthroughs but can't figure it out. I am stuck on Tharsis Refinery, specifically the Cross Facility Shipping section. At the end of making your way to the elevator to ride up to meet Rico, I cannot get the elevator to go up. I press circle over and over on the control pad - nothing. Is this a glitch or am I missing something completely obvious?

edgefusion

Out of curiosity, how well did the map pack do? Does anyone know? I just bought it today and I hopped online to try it out but I could only find one match using one of the new maps (the train). I'll be a bit annoyed if I find out that I essentially wasted my money because nobody plays on the new maps!

icechai

edgefusion said:
Out of curiosity, how well did the map pack do? Does anyone know? I just bought it today and I hopped online to try it out but I could only find one match using one of the new maps (the train). I'll be a bit annoyed if I find out that I essentially wasted my money because nobody plays on the new maps!

i got the map pack but haven't played on one of the 2 lvls yet, i only join gaffers though and it seems on average they play normal maps

Dementia

edgefusion said:
There were tons of rooms that played the new maps for a good week after they came out. Not sure about now though... I haven't been playing as much and most gaffers have gone back to playing the regular maps. I'm not sure why though... I thought the new maps were a lot of fun, especially Wasteland Bullet.

TheFatOne

Dementia said:
There were tons of rooms that played the new maps for a good week after they came out. Not sure about now though... I haven't been playing as much and most gaffers have gone back to playing the regular maps. I'm not sure why though... I thought the new maps were a lot of fun, especially Wasteland Bullet.

We played two maps every night for 2 weeks. They were the only maps in the rotation so they got boring at least for me. I spent like 2-4 hours every night on just two maps. Sorry AJ I had to many disconnects and my PS3 froze so I just turned it off and will call it a night. Days like this make me question why I continue to play this game.

Eccocid

Is there a problem with servers?

Last night i decided to play Warzone and even in Worldwide servers i could only found like 5 games with max 5 players on each...Did i miss an update?

Top Bottom