• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lince

Banned
Tenkai Star said:
Yeah some european languages looks like a cat ran over their keyboard while they were typing. Which I usually tell them when playing online, not always getting a positive response.

well just some weeks ago we were at our caves painting woolly rhinoceros

cameltoe

TTP said:
You guys cant be serious about this game naming stuff.

I'd freak out and send the PS3 to repair if I see the games list full of "TF PHR AR" and the likes :lol

It has worked like this on the PC for years and years....its not fucking rocket science, its common sense...FFS.

kuYuri

Lince said:
nope, I'm pretty sured they tweaked and toned down auto-aim for some weapons (ISA rifle) though.

New controls coming with next patch, I don't like the idea of KZ2 controlling like R2 or CoD4 but GG stated they would be optional.

You mean control scheme or the way the game handles? Because I already play with control setup like CoD4 (Alternate 2 with Zoom Hold On).

Lince

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
You mean control scheme or the way the game handles? Because I already play with control setup like CoD4 (Alternate 2 with Zoom Hold On).

the way the game handles, think CoD4 or R2. That's what the devs said.

iam fighting this fucking flying boss is there a god mode or something? i begin to hate the game. which retard thought it was fun to only be able to cary a single weapon? and then theres no indication where the fucking thing is when you are near dead.

oneHeero

maniac-kun said:
iam fighting this fucking flying boss is there a god mode or something? i begin to hate the game. which retard thought it was fun to only be able to cary a single weapon? and then theres no indication where the fucking thing is when you are near dead.
There is a tunnel you can hide in if your fighting ATAC.

Kittonwy

Banned
maniac-kun said:

You can hear it coming, plus you can take cover in the tunnel, that was an easy boss fight.

A.R.K

maniac-kun said:

use that tunnel to hid, and you can't directly shoot it, need to shoot the electric grid which stops it and then you unleash your wrath on it. Once I knew what to do it was all over in < a minute

Atrus

Gold Member
maniac-kun said:

The problem you're having is that you probably don't realize that there's more to the roof than the tiny part you're standing in. Going right or left and down to the second level shows a tunnel you can hide in.

Furthermore, you damage the ATAC by shooting rockets at it, and can stun it in place by shooting the lightning rods when it flies nearby.

This entire fight is designed to last less than a minute.

Binabik15

Atrus said:
The problem you're having is that you probably don't realize that there's more to the roof than the tiny part you're standing in. Going right or left and down to the second level shows a tunnel you can hide in.

Furthermore, you damage the ATAC by shooting rockets at it, and can stun it in place by shooting the lightning rods when it flies nearby.

This entire fight is designed to last less than a minute.

I´m playing the game on normal (last level) and I didn´t notice the tunnel during the fight. It was kinda hard, but I got DragonSlayer without the tunnel:D

And I watched my brother finish the game (he plays more than I do) and god, this game was such a fuckawesome rollercoaster of a game. Only thing needed was more visible enemy diversity. There were so many different dudes, but with the awesome and dark atmosphere it was hard to notice which kind of dark grey uniform they´re wearing.

Still, it was worth every cent I payed and all the money Sony spend on it:D

A.R.K

Binabik15 said:
I´m playing the game on normal (last level) and I didn´t notice the tunnel during the fight. It was kinda hard, but I got DragonSlayer without the tunnel:D

And I watched my brother finish the game (he plays more than I do) and god, this game was such a fuckawesome rollercoaster of a game. Only thing needed was more visible enemy diversity. There were so many different dudes, but with the awesome and dark atmosphere it was hard to notice which kind of dark grey uniform they´re wearing.

Still, it was worth every cent I payed and all the money Sony spend on it:D

I am fucking stuck inside of the palace (playing on elite). Fuck!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!! Any tips?

JardeL

It seems most of the GAFA members dont play much anymore... Capt_Mhead and AJ are the most active members these days... inFamous Demo effect ?..

LAst nite's match at Helghan Industries was awesome... Especially S&R mode , right F1nestOne :D ?..

Nightz

JardeL said:
It seems most of the GAFA members dont play much anymore... Capt_Mhead and AJ are the most active members these days... inFamous Demo effect ?..
I've been itching to play Killzone the past couple of weeks, but inFamous has me hooked. I'll probably get back on KZ2 once I get my platinum (sometime next week hopefully).

TheFatOne

JardeL said:

LAst nite's match at Helghan Industries was awesome... Especially S&R mode , right F1nestOne :D ?..

What the hell are you talking about JardeL. It seems like you don't play when I am playing :lol

actually, a more usefull response could have included this

There has been a lot of discussion on the forums about the lack of a ‘party system’ in Killzone 2 and rest assured, we are working hard on creating features that will make it easier for you to play with your friends online. These features include being able to join the same faction of a friend already in-game directly from the join game menus, manually being able to switch faction during gameplay and making existing squads consistent over multiple rounds; no more need to create a new squad every single round. These features will be coming to a patch near you soon!

which is enough for me to hang on to the game

KZObsessed

We were playing in a fairly laggy game last night and a weird thing happened when trying to aim at a certain member of their team.

He was sniper perched on a railing, not cloaked. I aimed my M4 at him and the cross-hair was pushed down to the ground like a magnet. I thought "err that was weird" and strafed through the door to try again and the cross hair was pushed all over the place away from him so I couldn't shoot him. He then sniped me. :p

I don't know if it was just a weird glitch or lag, or whether he was cheating. But I've never seen anything like that before in any game.

Facism mentioned something like that happening to him a while a go and it happened to me last night.

The weird thing was that the rest of the game the guy was an engineer and my shotgun wasn't affected by it. Only happened to the M4 but then I didn't try any other weapons. WEIRD.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
We were playing in a fairly laggy game last night and a weird thing happened when trying to aim at a certain member of their team.

He was sniper perched on a railing, not cloaked. I aimed my M4 at him and the cross-hair was pushed down to the ground like a magnet. I thought "err that was weird" and strafed through the door to try again and the cross hair was pushed all over the place away from him so I couldn't shoot him. He then sniped me. :p

I don't know if it was just a weird glitch or lag, or whether he was cheating. But I've never seen anything like that before in any game.

Facism mentioned something like that happening to him a while a go and it happened to me last night.

The weird thing was that the rest of the game the guy was an engineer and my shotgun wasn't affected by it. Only happened to the M4 but then I didn't try any other weapons. WEIRD.
Is a known glitch.

Click

Banned
I see Lince and FFO's criticisms aren't met with the same hostility and backlash that I had experienced here.
Guess they're just more loved by KZ2 GAF'fers than (circlejerk *cough* circlejerk) I. Or is it a double standard?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for GG to get their shit together and patch this game up.
Not likely that they can/will patch all the flaws in this game, but I'm still holding out a bit hope.

TheFatOne

Click said:
I see Lince and FFO's criticisms aren't met with the same hostility and backlash that I had experienced here.
Guess they're just more loved by KZ2 GAF'fers than (circlejerk *cough* circlejerk) I. Or is it a double standard?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for GG to get their shit together and patch this game up.
Not likely that they can/will patch all the flaws in this game, but I'm still holding out a bit hope.

Go back to your hole from whence you came troll!!!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheFatOne said:
They look spectacular

Opens spaces as well. Good.

Wonder what's up with that explosion at the end of the video. Does everyone get wiped out randomly during matches? :lol

Perhaps you don't have to stay in the open when that happens.

TheFatOne

TTP said:
Opens spaces as well. Good.

Wonder what's up with that explosion at the end of the video. Does everyone get wiped out randomly during matches? :lol

Yea I was trying to figure it out but no dice. I hope they are bigger maps like PR, or SM.

Rolf NB

Click said:

Lince and FFO are mere men of the people. If they were pompous pricks with their noses up in the clouds, acting all important and infallible, I'd surely like them much less <3<3<3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bcn-ron said:
Lince and FFO are mere men of the people. If they were pompous pricks with their noses up in the clouds, acting all important and infallible, I'd surely like them much less <3<3<3
Are you talking about me ? ;___;
;)

Any screenshots of the new maps ? (Please please be free!)

Facism

Hopefully they fix the issue of 2nd-class non-dlc owning players not being able to join servers where DLC is in rotation, even if it was only a problem for 2 weeks before they stopped being played.

[edit]TTP, why'd they have to be a vehicle for community segmentation? GAFe regulars will tell you i was ready to give up on KZ2 mp because I couldn't join them on a stock map because the DLC was in rotation. Things like that sour my taste of the game, and are more serious than the pissing trifle that is playercount.

oneHeero

JardeL said:

LAst nite's match at Helghan Industries was awesome... Especially S&R mode , right F1nestOne :D ?.
FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKEN GUN!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
Hopefully they fix the issue of 2nd-class non-dlc owning players not being able to join servers where DLC is in rotation, even if it was only a problem for 2 weeks before they stopped being played.

Really? Ouch.

beast786

That blast is probaly a new gernade mode exclusive to Assault class...

you know to make it balance because of its weak weapon, lack of speed and no armour.

I KEED.....

Cant wait. Just wondering these are not retro maps?

Top Bottom