• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ChryZ

Dubbedinenglish said:
B-b-b-but that's a carp?
2hzh9vl.jpg

Happy?

Eccocid

Schrade said:
The easiest "tell" on Saboteurs is the blue lights on the ISA and the red lights on the Helghasts aren't lit. So whenever you see someone who is just darker than what they should be, it's a dead giveaway.

It took me a while to be able to spot it regularly but now it's pretty easy.

And Ilanna, I totally agree about Pyrrhus Rise. I love that map to death. This weekend I have been playing nothing but that. It's even better when you play that map when all the objectives are 30 minutes long and the Search & Destroy explosives timer is 1 minute long.

Absolutely love it. I kept switching classes a lot mostly between Tactician/Sniper/Engineer/Saboteur. So damn much fun.

Welll as much as i love Phyrus Rise i hate search and destroy at there when two factions spams spawn nades in those roofs.. Spawn, throw nade hope for 5 kills, die and repeat :(

PLS PLS GG MAKE ALL MATCHES WITH FRIENDLY FIRE ON WITHOUT ANY OTHER OPTION LOL!

Cagen

Dubbedinenglish said:
Hmmmm 10 v 10 maybe?

Anything more then 8v8 and the game becomes a complete fucking mess. We wont accept challenges above 8v8.

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
That sab class is so shit, what am I missing here? For a start they are easy to spot, secondly their weapons are shit, thirdly you are able to take out one guy, then you gotta run and hide while your disguise thing recharges.

Are you playing the same game as everyone else?
Don't rely on your disguise, it is worthless and their weapons are extremely good. The smg gets head shots even if you are aiming at the sky and the STA-14, once you learn to use it is a more accurate M4.

Cagen said:
Are you playing the same game as everyone else?
Don't rely on your disguise, it is worthless and their weapons are extremely good. The smg gets head shots even if you are aiming at the sky and the STA-14, once you learn to use it is a more accurate M4.

Yeah I can´t remember last time I got fooled by a disquise. Never happened during a clanmatch I think.

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
That sab class is so shit, what am I missing here? For a start they are easy to spot, secondly their weapons are shit, thirdly you are able to take out one guy, then you gotta run and hide while your disguise thing recharges.

You're so wrong on so many levels. The saboteur isn't displayed on the map when you're disguised. That helps if you're playing very small matches. I can easily wipe out 3 people against myself in level like Radec. They can't see me if I'm not on the map. Even huge matches in a small map like Radec Academy when everyone is firing at each other, being disguised is an advantage. Then there's C4. Well placed C4 in small maps, good luck getting out of your base.

Also, as Cagen mentioned, headshots are easy and the smg is my favorite weapon. I get plenty of headshots along with the extra points.

C4+disguised+extra point headshots=WIN

10dollas

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
You're so wrong on so many levels. The saboteur isn't displayed on the map when you're disguised. That helps if you're playing very small matches. I can easily wipe out 3 people against myself in level like Radec. They can't see me if I'm not on the map. Even huge matches in a small map like Radec Academy when everyone is firing at each other, being disguised is an advantage. Then there's C4. Well placed C4 in small maps, good luck getting out of your base.

Unfortunately this is true but unuseful info. No enemies are ever displayed on the map until they shoot, saboteur or not. And when radar is adjusted to non-default options disguised saboteurs and cloaked snipers are always pegged on the radar with a red dot.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So this week its the 'big patch week' huh?
I only need one thing to finally get into multiplayer: No Respawn or/and spawn limit
Its a break or make patch for me, i know that GG is going to do something awesome in this patch

10dollas said:
Unfortunately this is true but unuseful info. No enemies are ever displayed on the map until they shoot, saboteur or not. And when radar is adjusted to non-default options disguised saboteurs and cloaked snipers are always pegged on the radar with a red dot.

Can't be, because when I'm disguised I'm not shown on the map, but I can see the red dots on the map, like right when the match starts. =\

So, other than addressing spawn masacres, what else can we expect from the patch?

Any chance they'll fix the bounding box/controls (i.e. make them adjustable) so I can actually aim?

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing a Wii game...it's that bad.

Cagen

Raist said:

So incredibly true.

Fersis said:
So this week its the 'big patch week' huh?
I only need one thing to finally get into multiplayer: No Respawn or/and spawn limit
Its a break or make patch for me, i know that GG is going to do something awesome in this patch

The Interrobanger said:
So, other than addressing spawn masacres, what else can we expect from the patch?

When has anything ever been said about addressing spawns? I think you guys are setting your selves up for a big let down, none of the balancing issues we have will ever be rectified, mainly because most of them require a total overhaul of how things work.

The Interrobanger said:
Any chance they'll fix the bounding box/controls (i.e. make them adjustable) so I can actually aim?

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing a Wii game...it's that bad.

There are going to be control changes added this patch with the option to use them or the original set of controls. There is nothing wrong with the aiming/controls as they are, if you can't use them then you need more practice. All this patch is likely going to do is segment the community even more, make more people quit playing and force the ones that stay to use the new "more responsive" controls if they wish to keep up with the competition.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Can't be, because when I'm disguised I'm not shown on the map, but I can see the red dots on the map, like right when the match starts. =\

On the default setting (Only show when firing) the enemy appears on the radar when firing, throwing a grenade or other device and I believe when spawning also for a brief period, otherwise they aren't displayed.

KZObsessed

I just want spawn invincibility time to be reduced. On top of that don't make them 100% invincible, make it so they only receive 50% damage for a short amount of time or something. Shorter than current spawn invincibility time. Which seems so random... probably a combination of spawn invincibility and lag, which is a disgusting combination. And how about having invincible people NOT setting off C4?

I am worried about them adding in another "control option" for people. I think it's a stupid as fuck idea. If it unbalances things I probably wont play the game again, but I'll test it out for myself of course. I'm sure it'll just be some subtle change for the whiners who can't play the game but we'll see.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GG didnt say anything about spawn fests , i posted what i want.
This patch is my last chance to play KZ2 online

Facism

i've pretty much dumped it already. The mp is fun, and it feels like a mod for a popular pc game, with all it's niggling issues and silly design choices in gameplay and map symmetry.

Catch GAFe in Uncharted 2 and possibly the occasional KZ2 grief game.

God, I feel dumb. I unlocked the Tactician class the other day, and can't figure out how to throw spawn grenades. I hit left on the D-Pad, and my character pulls out his grenades. But they are just normal frag grenades when I throw them. What am I doing wrong?

Cagen

Blu_LED said:
God, I feel dumb. I unlocked the Tactician class the other day, and can't figure out how to throw spawn grenades. I hit left on the D-Pad, and my character pulls out his grenades. But they are just normal frag grenades when I throw them. What am I doing wrong?

Attempting to play a class 99% of the killzone community should stay the hell away from.

I just got the game Friday, so yes, I need more practice, but I'm still unsure of why GG would ever make the decision to "soften" the controls like this. The problem is compunded by the horribly loose Dual Shock sticks so it always feels like you have to overcompensate your motions.

Don't get me wrong...I love the game and am almost always amongst the top players in whatever server, but things would be so much more satisfying I felt like I could easily put bullets exactly where I intend instead of the general direction. I haven't really played a ton of multiplayer FPS's other than Counter-Strike (6 years) so I'm used to a very responsive set of controls.

KZObsessed

Blu_LED said:

Press R1 not R2.

KZObsessed

If it makes you feel better, I remember a couple of people asking the same question, so it's not just you :p

Also remember that people spawn from your grenades the opposite way that you threw them. So if you throw them against a wall, people will spawn away from the wall. Same in open spaces so keep that in mind so people spawn the correct way and don't get shot in the back.

10dollas

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:

Well don't tell me your looking for yourself on your own radar? A better way of judging the situation would be to compare radar signatures of enemy saboteurs (who are disguised as your teammates) to other enemy troopers before they fire a shot and after. Also, on top of what Cagen said, one ability throws the whole stiuation off, Spot and mark. A sniper may have just spot and marked the whole enemy team, which would have revealed them on radar. Either that or the radar settings were turned to a type where everyone appears on the radar.

TheFatOne

The Interrobanger said:
I just got the game Friday, so yes, I need more practice, but I'm still unsure of why GG would ever make the decision to "soften" the controls like this. The problem is compunded by the horribly loose Dual Shock sticks so it always feels like you have to overcompensate your motions.

Don't get me wrong...I love the game and am almost always amongst the top players in whatever server, but things would be so much more satisfying I felt like I could easily put bullets exactly where I intend instead of the general direction. I haven't really played a ton of multiplayer FPS's other than Counter-Strike (6 years) so I'm used to a very responsive set of controls.

This is only because you are playing ramdoms and not gaffers :D

oneHeero

TheFatOne said:
This is only because you are playing ramdoms and not gaffers :D
Exactly. I love those comments, "I'm always top 3 people in any game" random servers are extremely easy to be the top. Doing in gaf games is something else :p

Fersis

The Interrobanger said:
Probably.

I only play Body Count since I don't have any PSN friends and most random pubbers are idiots.
;___;

Zen

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Body count only games with either the sab + c4 or engineer + boost

Standard no class + Helghast StA-3 LMG

Aside from if you're playing a map like PR.

People don't realize how deadly that weapon can be.

TheFatOne

Zen said:
Standard no class + Helghast StA-3 LMG

Aside from if you're playing a map like PR.

People don't realize how deadly that weapon can be.

Most bodycount games have everything enabled, or rockets disabled so that weapon is pretty useless. Especially if I have a shotgun + boost. Close quarters I will dominate and the gun isn't accurate enough to get me. Plus at a longer distance I could just snipe you with the M4. You can dominate with this gun in certain situations though.

Edit: I think I am thinking about the right gun. This is the light machine gun right?

dwin45

People who are hoping for spawn changes in this patch will end up being disappointed, I think. It has never really been mentioned by Guerilla as something they are considering tweaking.

Another quick question...

Your crosshairs always turn red when facing an enemy, but sometimes when firing at someone, they become a few pixels thicker and seemingly more accurate...almost like you're "locked on".

Is this the game's auto-aim at work?

dwin45

The Interrobanger said:
Another quick question...

Your crosshairs always turn red when facing an enemy, but sometimes when firing at someone, they become a few pixels thicker and seemingly more accurate...almost like you're "locked on".

Is this the game's auto-aim at work?

That just means that your shots are hitting your target.

-viper-

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Something what Cagen said:

"There are going to be control changes added this patch with the option to use them or the original set of controls. There is nothing wrong with the aiming/controls as they are, if you can't use them then you need more practice. All this patch is likely going to do is segment the community even more, make more people quit playing and force the ones that stay to use the new "more responsive" controls if they wish to keep up with the competition."

Wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Zen

Banned
They aren't adding twitch controls. They're giving players the option to play the game with the original control sensitivties.

EDIT: I stand corrected :X

TheFatOne

Zen said:
They aren't adding twitch controls. They're giving players the option to play the game with the original control sensitivties.

See the thing is they are fixing the wrong shit. The controls are the least of their worries right now. There is so much shit that is wrong in the game that they need to fix first before the controls.

Top Bottom