• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
Tempy said:
Sorry guys.

Y so sorly?
Indifferent2.gif

Rolf NB

Oh my, that new video on the EU PSN store of the GG guys gushing about the assault class is ... so ... stupid.

"It's the balance that works really well"
<insert here: complete lack of explanation for how the balance works well, because it fucking doesn't>

Rolf NB

Holy fuck the tactician video is even dumberer. They show scenes of spawn points on Tharsis and they are all facing the wrong way and everyone they show spawning from them starts by turning around 180 degrees. Goddamn muppets.

Rolf NB

Lince said:
I guess the videos show their in-house testers playing KZ2 prior to game release
I want to believe this footage is at least a year old and they didn't know better. I want to. But I don't think I can.

VNZ

bcn-ron said:
Oh my, that new video on the EU PSN store of the GG guys gushing about the assault class is ... so ... stupid.

"It's the balance that works really well"
<insert here: complete lack of explanation for how the balance works well, because it fucking doesn't>
Yeah, that was funny... The balance between twice the armor and twice the speed! Good work there, Eric Botched and Simon LeDouche.

Sibylus

Banned
Something just occurred to me. Halo 2 had button glitches such as BXR and fast reload, has anything like that been discovered in KZ2?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was thinking, would it really have been smart of them to have the spawn facing the same way as the tact is facing? If that happened, you'd never be able to get a spawn point directly in a corner or next to a wall without the people spawning there facing toward the wall.

I used to complain about that, but it seems that there's really no other way it could have been, as placing a spawn point in a corner is really helpful to cut down on spawning in the middle of a firefight.

DunpealD

DMeisterJ said:
I was thinking, would it really have been smart of them to have the spawn facing the same way as the tact is facing? If that happened, you'd never be able to get a spawn point directly in a corner or next to a wall without the people spawning there facing toward the wall.

I used to complain about that, but it seems that there's really no other way it could have been, as placing a spawn point in a corner is really helpful to cut down on spawning in the middle of a firefight.

I think it would have been better to let the player decide how the people are spawning. Currently it's a hassle to use the spawn grenades, especially when you have to turn around just to get the correct direction for the spawn.

Removing the invincibility after spawning is an interesting decision, but also gives the tactician a disadvantage. Will be interesting how the tactics will change with the patch.

careful

DMeisterJ said:

With the randomized spawning around the spawn grenade, if you throw it in too deep in the corner, some of your guys will spawn on the other side of the wall. So I don't think it's a good argument for that.
If I remember correctly, the designer said they wanted to have it like Football / Rugby where you have to pass the ball behind.

Raist

Banned
careful said:
With the randomized spawning around the spawn grenade, if you throw it in too deep in the corner, some of your guys will spawn on the other side of the wall. So I don't think it's a good argument for that.
If I remember correctly, the designer said they wanted to have it like Football / Rugby where you have to pass the ball behind.

Well, I've played tact. a lot, and AFAIK it only happens if the spawn nade touches the wall.
Now sometimes you spawn on the floor above or below the nade, and that is quite annoying.

.GqueB.

Banned
DunpealD said:
Will be interesting how the tactics will change with the patch.
They wont :lol

The more I think about it, the more I see this as a case of GG overestimating their audience. There was a suggestion a little while ago to just force a reload animation during a spawn so the player cant shoot. THAT made sense but this is just stupid. Yes before the spawner has an advantage but it was very slight and I cant remember THAT many times where I was killed by someone spawning. In other words, it was a slightly overblown issue.

But now NO invincibility or anything? If you think its a clusterfuck now imagine what its gonna be when people realize that invincibility is gone. Everyone is just gonna camp the spawn points. I may be proven wrong but consider the audience here. Everyone already cares more about their K/D than they do objectives. I anticipate many complaints in this herre thread.

SEARCH AND DESTROY IS IMPOSSIBLE NOW ARG!@!@@!

Raist

Banned
.GqueB. said:

The more I think about it, the more I see this as a case of GG overestimating their audience. There was a suggestion a little while ago to just force a reload animation during a spawn so the player cant shoot. THAT made sense but this is just stupid. Yes before the spawner has an advantage but it was very slight and I cant remember THAT many times where I was killed by someone spawning. In other words, it was a slightly overblown issue.

But now NO invincibility or anything? If you think its a clusterfuck now imagine what its gonna be when people realize that invincibility is gone. Everyone is just gonna camp the spawn points. I may be proven wrong but consider the audience here. Everyone already cares more about their K/D than they do objectives. I anticipate many complaints in this herre thread.

Pretty much. Before, the smoke meant "watch out, incivible guys popping here" now it will mean "place turret/C4 here for free killz"
I think they should have
a) disabled spawns in "green zones". That may have been a problem for assassination tho
b) kept invicibility but disabled the ability to shoot/drop an item while being invicible.

.GqueB. said:

That's what I'm worried about as well. I have to be really careful about where I put the spawn grenades now, whereas before pretty much anywhere would do as long as it was facing the right direction.

Honestly, the only thing I think needs to be removed is the boost ability. It doesn't matter which class is using it, that thing just breaks the game.

Top Bottom