• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
Probably Tempy doesnt have the autorization to say why.
(Not only that.Its not his job to do PR things)
Anwyay: <3 Tempy and Tiddles.

why the secrecy? you can find the patch 1.27 news on their front page @ killzone.com with an extensive article, clearly stating the patch was coming this week... that made it official and if something arose they should at least amend said article or announce the delay don't you think?

anyway this is giving me more time to enjoy PSP Resistance Retribution infected+ mode (Dualshock 3 + LCD), it's such an awesome game! way better than R2 sp! (sorry Fersis :p)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KillzoneDotCom Twitter said:
Just got official confirmation - the patch has been delayed and will not be released this week.
Yeah there you have it. Official confirmation.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
why the secrecy? you can find the patch 1.27 news on their front page @ killzone.com with an extensive article, clearly stating the patch was coming this week... that made it official and if something arose they should at least amend said article or announce the delay don't you think?

anyway this is giving me more time to enjoy PSP Resistance Retribution infected+ mode (Dualshock 3 + LCD), it's such an awesome game! way better than R2 sp! (sorry Fersis :p)
:D
No problem,R2 SP is not too good. Competitive and CoOp is where R2 shines.
Sorry for the double post. :/

KZObsessed

Is motherh still on holiday? That's probably why we havn't gotten an update. You'd think Eric Boltjes would have come out and told the community.

But at least with have Tempy & Tiddles. <3

Thrakier

Fersis said:
Yeah there you have it. Official confirmation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Damn, I was looking forward to it, wanted to play, have some free days. :( DAMN.

Fersis

TheFatOne said:
GG at its best right now
Yeah because they delayed the patch so its better with less bugs and more stable.
:3

I see the glass half full.

oneHeero

All you need to quit fucken bitching. Its non fucken stop in this thread.

Beta: Omg game is so good. (despite u idiots saying no party mode was fucken needed u have been wrong on numerous occasions on what this game needs to please stfu)
Game Releases: Omg game is so good
month later after playing hundreds of fucken hours like a bum: omg game sucks fix it noa.
patch coming: omg not that good patch wtf controls
later: omg fix game its so shitty
new patch info: omg gg am god
patch probably delayed: omg fucken GG of course this would happen.

stfu already, I like the game I enjoy the game I agree there are shitty things in the game but just stfu already.

This goes for everyone here, I practically avoid trhe kz thread because I dont want to se "fucken shit gg give us our fucken interview for winning some shitty tournament that was on CC with assault on" or "omg has the controls being bad been brought up?" etc etc etc.

I love playing this game with gaf and when we do play its funny cuz no one complains(thank god) but man this thread is annoying already and I'm glad I added to it.

EDIT:
I',m just frustrated so excuse the profanity/names I love you guys still

Cagen

oneHeero said:
This goes for everyone here, I practically avoid trhe kz thread because I dont want to se "fucken shit gg give us our fucken interview for winning some shitty tournament that was on CC with assault on" or "omg has the controls being bad been brought up?" etc etc etc.

I love playing this game with gaf and when we do play its funny cuz no one complains(thank god) but man this thread is annoying already and I'm glad I added to it.

EDIT:
I',m just frustrated so excuse the profanity/names I love you guys still

Good point.

KZObsessed

Cry moar bitch.

The only one consistently full of shit is you. You weren't in the Beta were you? If you were then you'd know the feedback we gave during that time and that we were not "wrong on numerous occasions on what this game needs".

The rest is just over dramatic, generalised bullshit. Acting like everyone who over criticizes is the same as everyone else who is giving GG their feedback so they can make KZ2 and K3 even better. Learn to discern the difference or stfu yourself.

"fucken shit gg give us our fucken interview for winning some shitty tournament that was on CC with assault on"

And yeah that's exactly the tone/attitude we had, and that's exactly what we said oh so many times.

TheFatOne

Fersis said:
*Reads oneHeero post*
*Slow clap...*

I don't know why your are slow clapping because you keep saying if GG doesn't fix some problems (specifically the controls) that you aren't going to play the game :lol

icechai

we all put hundreds of hours into it but now its to the point where personally i'd rather do more infamous than play kz2 mp until the patch comes, and what a sweet patch list it is.

As far as the beta, yeah people loved it, there were issues. Release came along and for a lot of us it was a bit of a blow because they made changes that made it worse in some ways than the beta! Now it seems like i'll have the incentive to pick it back up in between bouts of electrical battles in that other game.

Fersis

TheFatOne said:
I don't know why your are slow clapping because you keep saying if GG doesn't fix some problems (specifically the controls) that you aren't going to play the game :lol
O__o
Yeah... not really. i never complained about the controls!
The thing that drove me away from KZ2 online were the spawn fests.
You got me confused with other GAF member probably.

Kittonwy

Banned
H_Prestige said:
That's what I'm worried about as well. I have to be really careful about where I put the spawn grenades now, whereas before pretty much anywhere would do as long as it was facing the right direction.

Honestly, the only thing I think needs to be removed is the boost ability. It doesn't matter which class is using it, that thing just breaks the game.

No it wouldn't, holy shit I was wondering why there are so many bad and wasted spawns. Every random spawn you put "anywhere" keeps a competent tactician from putting a spawn where it is needed to actually win the mission.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Trust me on this one you will be proven wrong. I already have were I am going to throw spawns for pretty much every map. I know where to place them where it will be harder for people to camp them, and I can think of where to place them in each of the objectives for almost every map. I have played tactician so much with other gaffers that I already know where I should put the spawns.

Yeah I think spawns aren't a problem anymore for the clan.

Good spawns have to be defended by people/turrets/bots, I think sometimes a team runs into trouble is when you have a good tactician but the engineers don't put turrets in the right place or when a team has too many sabs. I think we do have good engineers but sometimes not enough because so many people like to play sabs. I'm not crazy about having medics on the team though because I would take engineers with the fire power/turrets over another ISA rifle wielding soldier who might or might not be as strong.

Kittonwy said:
No it wouldn't, holy shit I was wondering why there are so many bad and wasted spawns. Every random spawn you put "anywhere" keeps a competent tactician from putting a spawn where it is needed to actually win the mission.

More often than not that's all it ever takes for me to give my team the upper hand. But I guess I'm not a competent tactician like you so what do I know?

At the end no patch.. we'll have to wait. Anyway, I was just to begin my 5th playthrough of the singleplayer, this game is just incredible, lots of fun playing with the AI :D

TheFatOne

H_Prestige said:
More often than not that's all it ever takes for me to give my team the upper hand. But I guess I'm not a competent tactician like you so what do I know?

You can win but more often than not that is how you lose. Especially if you play against a good tactician. When you play against a good tactician random spawns are a bad idea. All I would do is find out which direction you are facing then put a spawn behind you.

FFObsessed said:
Cry moar bitch.

The only one consistently full of shit is you. You weren't in the Beta were you? If you were then you'd know the feedback we gave during that time and that we were not "wrong on numerous occasions on what this game needs".

The rest is just over dramatic, generalised bullshit. Acting like everyone who over criticizes is the same as everyone else who is giving GG their feedback so they can make KZ2 and K3 even better. Learn to discern the difference or stfu yourself.

"fucken shit gg give us our fucken interview for winning some shitty tournament that was on CC with assault on"

And yeah that's exactly the tone/attitude we had, and that's exactly what we said oh so many times.

I have been seriously thinking about this. The reason GG won't give you an interview or a match against GG is because GAFA was not in the tournament. They deemed your win as cheap for that reason. They know that GAFA would have won if they decided to join, but GAFA decided that the contest was below them :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
You know why I hate delays like this one? Cos the more they happen, the more "soon" we will get in the future when asking for a date.

Damn Sony monkey.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I have been seriously thinking about this. The reason GG won't give you an interview or a match against GG is because GAFA was not in the tournament. They deemed your win as cheap for that reason. They know that GAFA would have won if they decided to join, but GAFA decided that the contest was below them :lol

Thinking is not your strong suit :lol :p

-viper-

Banned
TheFatOne said:
You can win but more often than not that is how you lose. Especially if you play against a good tactician. When you play against a good tactician random spawns are a bad idea. All I would do is find out which direction you are facing then put a spawn behind you.

think more. and think harder.

I wasn't in the last GAFA vs GAFe clan match, so it doesn't count, lol. Hell, I don't think Kittonwy or Lyulf was in it either, or AJ for that matter. Damn, who actually played in that game?

oneHeero

FFObsessed said:
Cry moar bitch.

O yes, I'm the one crying begging gg for interviews, declaring kz beta end all be all and when features missing are brought up everyone in beta yells omg you dont know its so awesome right now guyz trust us and than bitching after the games out and its missing numerous features, complaining about assault(rightfully so) etc. I rarely come in here for the sole reason of bitching. I dont I simply go play another game and cool down.

Some of you use the whole "well its criticism for gg to make this game better than it is" when it goes from critiscism to just knocking on GG for not giving you what you want.

The game is flawed but every fucken online game is flawed, especially on consoles. And I dont need to generalize everyone as the same, its fucken easy to see it just going through the thread. Someone who has given good criticism, than weeks go by and it turns from "hey gg you should fix this" to "omg im tired of this game its broken gg hasnt fixed it blablabla"

It isnt a random generalization, its blatantly obvious. Go to the official boards and keep it there if its that important to you, start a online petition lmao go to main site and cry there. Sure, come on gaf a few times and complain but when its practically an everyday thing its just stupid already if they havent seen the comments on gaf yet, chances are they never will. No need to keep complaining on gaf the same stuff when there is an official site.

And lol@ the o its for kz2 and kz3 future excuse, stfu with that garbage.

I'm in the camp that KZ2 has issues that annoy the fuck out of me but it doesnt mean to come on a non kz2 dedicated site to complain about something kz related everyday. Once in a while or in the beginning yea but its tiring already. Seeing numerous people get out of hand w/ click or lince meltdowns to just everyday bitching about the game.

And fuck gafe, you guys can say you won all day but everyone knows gafa probably had a bunch of randoms since certain gafa members who are considered top tier gafa didnt play.

Top tier gafa would slap top tier gafe anyday on US servers or EU servers.

Yea I went there, so fuck off.

cue the "omg meltdown" stuff, just like the criticism had to be said in regards to KZ2, the bitching on gaf had to be said here I still love you all

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know why some of you even bother playing games

Kittonwy

Banned
Throwin down teh gauntlet, throwin down teh gauntlet.
Indifferent2.gif

oneHeero

Kittonwy said:
Throwin down teh gauntlet, throwin down teh gauntlet.
Indifferent2.gif
I got love for Gafe, just seems ffo felt I was being a dick with my quote about the GG interview and decided to be a dick to me so I felt I needed to be a dick back. Its my "I'm on the internet and can argue so fuck you" mentality, I get it and just keep going and going and going.

TheFatOne

ATTENTION GAFA MEMBERS!

I Lyulf am the greatest Killzone 2 player in the world mwhahahahah

Ohh yea this is a heads up to all GAFA members I will be joining a free tournament or game every single night I am on. I will try to make them 4 on 4 etc.. I want to make them smaller so that I know enough people will be on to play in them. On the weekdays I will accept the free ones, and on the weekends I will accept the ones with valor at stake.

Each game we play on a map we will practice a specific tactic. I will assign different roles to I figure if we can do that for a month we could then take on the more serious clan matches. I will start doing this once the patch is up so that it will be easier to practice. Ok as far as tactics go I will need everyone's help. I want to create a game tomorrow or Sunday so that we can figure out each map. It will be just us on one side to discuss tactics etc.. I will write all of this down and send everyone a copy.

These are just some things I have been thinking about. If you have any ideas let me know.

oneHeero said:
And fuck gafe, you guys can say you won all day but everyone knows gafa probably had a bunch of randoms since certain gafa members who are considered top tier gafa didnt play.

cue the "omg meltdown" stuff, just like the criticism had to be said in regards to KZ2, the bitching on gaf had to be said here I still love you all

I played in the last GAFe versus GAFA game :(

Rez said:
I don't even know why some of you even bother playing games

You have never even played Kil
LAG
zone so GTFO of my thread ;)

Kittonwy

Banned
I'll be on sunday night, going out tomorrow and today I haz teh flu (not swine flu). Post patch I think we should try getting into more tournaments, I know everyone is playing infamous but we need to play together more as a clan.
Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

oneHeero said:
O yes, I'm the one crying begging gg for interviews, declaring kz beta end all be all and when features missing are brought up everyone in beta yells omg you dont know its so awesome right now guyz trust us and than bitching after the games out and its missing numerous features, complaining about assault(rightfully so) etc. I rarely come in here for the sole reason of bitching. I dont I simply go play another game and cool down.

No one was "crying, begging gg for interviews" :lol Cagen mentioned they said that before the tourney, which I wasn't aware of so I asked Tiddles a couple of times, and mentioned it in a semi serious way.

You've dissed Beta testers a few times and I've had to tell you you're talking shit a few times, but I'll say it again. You weren't in the Beta, you have absolutely no fucking clue what people said in their feedback. The longest threads on the Beta boards were those demanding a party system. What I said during the Beta and before the game launched was that no this game does not NEED a party system, when I was responding to doom and gloom posts about how the game was going to be shit. I've played online for over 500 hundred hours, the game didn't NEED a party system for it to be my favorite ever online game. But it sure would make it a lot easier to find a good game together which can only be a good thing. If there was a party system I'd still use the join friend feature a lot. I think i even said before the game cam out that it's not the game you should get if you want to just play casually with friends. If you want to play together it has to revolve around the clans, which is true.
Serious clan play.

Some of you use the whole "well its criticism for gg to make this game better than it is" when it goes from critiscism to just knocking on GG for not giving you what you want.

Some do I'm sure. Me? no.

The game is flawed but every fucken online game is flawed, especially on consoles. And I dont need to generalize everyone as the same, its fucken easy to see it just going through the thread. Someone who has given good criticism, than weeks go by and it turns from "hey gg you should fix this" to "omg im tired of this game its broken gg hasnt fixed it blablabla"

And why wouldn't it go from that to that? If an issue is really stopping someone enjoying a game and they ask for it to be fixed and it hasn't been fixed in weeks (which is understandable) why wouldn't it progress to the point where someone doesn't want to play the game anymore? And they can come on here and vent if they want. You can't dictate whether or not someone can express themselves simply because it annoys you.

It isnt a random generalization, its blatantly obvious. Go to the official boards and keep it there if its that important to you, start a online petition lmao go to main site and cry there. Sure, come on gaf a few times and complain but when its practically an everyday thing its just stupid already if they havent seen the comments on gaf yet, chances are they never will. No need to keep complaining on gaf the same stuff when there is an official site.

Never said it was random, just that you were generalizing. And you were and still are. Tiddles has said that GG reads GAF so why not give them feedback here? I post here because I like this site and will post my feedback and opinions here. If you don't like it then it is you who can go elsewhere. The amount of people who mention the same thing is important as they can know how widespread the issue is. It's also good to remind them so they know how serious the issue is for that person.

And lol@ the o its for kz2 and kz3 future excuse, stfu with that garbage.

Ahh you got me! I'm just a troll! I actually HATE KZ2 and the PS3. You should be a detective.

I'm in the camp that KZ2 has issues that annoy the fuck out of me but it doesnt mean to come on a non kz2 dedicated site to complain about something kz related everyday. Once in a while or in the beginning yea but its tiring already. Seeing numerous people get out of hand w/ click or lince meltdowns to just everyday bitching about the game.

I don't complain on a non KZ2 dedicated site, I complain in a KZ2 dedicated thread where some of the devs read and even post in. If you don't like the criticism, don't read it. Don't tell me what I can and cannot say.

How mature. Is this what it's actually about? :lol You sound like a bitter jealous child, grow up. I don't even know what you're talking about actually. The tournament was Euro only so GAFA didn't even play in it...

Yeah? I wouldn't know. I've only played in one GAFe vs GAFA game and it was a draw. And personally I didn't play very well, partly because I was drunk :lol I also don't care... It's a video game. Grow the fuck up.

ok lol?

KZObsessed

mr_nothin said:
Oh god...i forgot everything KILLZONE.
Give me a min guys, i'll be back to norman :lol

It was good to see you playing. Shame we couldn't have been in a better game so we could all be on the same team. :)

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
It was good to see you playing. Shame we couldn't have been in a better game so we could all be on the same team. :)

yeah but he didn't forget how to kill that's for sure :lol

edit: and amen to your reply to oneheero

Top Bottom