• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

TheFatOne

H_Prestige said:
That's what I'm worried about as well. I have to be really careful about where I put the spawn grenades now, whereas before pretty much anywhere would do as long as it was facing the right direction.

Honestly, the only thing I think needs to be removed is the boost ability. It doesn't matter which class is using it, that thing just breaks the game.

You are part of the problem

KZObsessed

Raist said:
Pretty much. Before, the smoke meant "watch out, incivible guys popping here" now it will mean "place turret/C4 here for free killz"
I think they should have
a) disabled spawns in "green zones". That may have been a problem for assassination tho
b) kept invicibility but disabled the ability to shoot/drop an item while being invicible.

If you can't kill a turret when you're at full health, you deserve to die.

oneHeero

FFObsessed said:
Multiple turrets placed strategically away from the spawns can be pretty nasty if you cant get the new sentry bots in the same area.

Rolf NB

DunpealD said:
I think it would have been better to let the player decide how the people are spawning. Currently it's a hassle to use the spawn grenades, especially when you have to turn around just to get the correct direction for the spawn.
Hassle is good. I don't want any random douche to barely make it into a room alive and still throw the perfect offensive spawn. If you don't have the time and leisure to turn around (and stay alive) you haven't done your homework in clearing the area first.

It's like demanding instant turrets, instant repair, instant air bots, instant revive, instant healing etc. The small delay to use any of your abilities makes it so that you can't just spam an ability into the middle of a well-defended position, but have to make some room for yourself first.

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Well, couple of problems. You'd have to do a 360° rotation to find where you're being shot from, and even if it doesn't kill you, it will still make your health drop. If there are 2 turrets, you're fucked.

KZObsessed

Raist said:
Well, couple of problems. You'd have to do a 360° rotation to find where you're being shot from, and even if it doesn't kill you, it will still make your health drop. If there are 2 turrets, you're fucked.

Why would you have to turn 360 degrees? :lol There's also a spawn camera for a reason, use it. If there's 2 turrets right in front of you when you spawn well, you can kill 2 turrets before you die sometimes, but if you're not feeling luck do what would you do if you entered a room and there's two (or more) turrets right there in front of you... run away.

All this means is that the team will have to be a little more careful where they put spawns, and be more protective of those spawns. If you see a turret near one of your spawns, don't just walk away, destroy it. Blow up C4 if you see it as well. Plus you have two spawns, so if one is camped, set up a counter spawn, or spawn at base and and come round the back of the campers. If your 2 spawns have been camped completely then they're either in a really shit place or your team is terrible and will lose anyway.

No spawn invincibility makes things a little more tactical. Will it make certain objective like S&D attack harder? Sure. But I'd take that over a spammier mess because spawn invincibility is on.

Facism

if anything, the video feed of the spawn area needs to be bigger in the map screen so you can clearly see what is happening.

JardeL

If a turret placed on a different level than yours , chances of a headshot kill is high because of elevation difference ...

But if you're on the same level and you still get kiiled by it most of the time , then there's something wrong with you...

.GqueB.

Banned
H_Prestige said:
That's what I'm worried about as well. I have to be really careful about where I put the spawn grenades now, whereas before pretty much anywhere would do as long as it was facing the right direction.

Honestly, the only thing I think needs to be removed is the boost ability. It doesn't matter which class is using it, that thing just breaks the game.
Im not even gonna touch the tact badge anymore personally because theyre just gonna become death traps. Even the absolute best spawn point can be ruined by a turret or c4 or even a camper. Yea campers can be dealt with quite easily but theyre gonna make an impact regardless. There will be no such thing as placing a good spawn point anymore.

But as I said, I might be proven wrong.

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
Im not even gonna touch the tact badge anymore personally because theyre just gonna become death traps. Even the absolute best spawn point can be ruined by a turret or c4 or even a camper. Yea campers can be dealt with quite easily but theyre gonna make an impact regardless. There will be no such thing as placing a good spawn point anymore.

But as I said, I might be proven wrong.

Trust me on this one you will be proven wrong. I already have were I am going to throw spawns for pretty much every map. I know where to place them where it will be harder for people to camp them, and I can think of where to place them in each of the objectives for almost every map. I have played tactician so much with other gaffers that I already know where I should put the spawns.

KZObsessed

Of course they'll be good spawn points! There just wont be perfect spawn points. But no spawn point is perfect even with spawn invincibility on. You can still have a guy waiting round a corner for you to spawn then come up behind you and shotgun you in the back of the head. Or have C4 nearby so when you spawn and your when your cheap ass invincibility that lasted too long wears off you get blown straight to hell!

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Trust me on this one you will be proven wrong. I already have were I am going to throw spawns for pretty much every map. I know where to place them where it will be harder for people to camp them, and I can think of where to place them in each of the objectives for almost every map. I have played tactician so much with other gaffers that I already know where I should put the spawns.
~_~

^^^

weary eyes are weary. I shall follow you sir... may it not lead to my untimely death.

TheFatOne said:

Just because YOU know where to place spawn grenades doesn't mean everyone does. Besides, if there are so called "specific spots" to place these nades on every map, that makes the whole point of the spawn nade extremely limited and almost pointless. They might as well just make spawn zones that need to be captured if you're going to act that way.

TheFatOne

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Just because YOU know where to place spawn grenades doesn't mean everyone does. Besides, if there are so called "specific spots" to place these nades on every map, that makes the whole point of the spawn nade extremely limited and almost pointless. They might as well just make spawn zones that need to be captured if you're going to act that way.

:lol :lol :lol :lol I have been playing tactician for so long I know multiple spots for every objective for pretty much every map it all depends on what the other team is doing :D :D :D

Edit: Just to clarify if you played the game for long enough you know every map inside and out. At this point you notice the same basic patterns where people put spawn points. People tend to put the same spawns because they are "safe" they don't really stray to far from that. It goes like this on S&R you usually will have one spawn on the pick up point and one to defend. S&D and S&D the spawns are closer to the objectives. So on and so forth. Figuring out where to put spawn points is ridiculously easy. Actually throwing them down and keeping them up is the hard part. At this point I have a good idea on how to take advantage of loosing spawn invincibility.

TheFatOne said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol I have been playing tactician for so long I know multiple spots for every objective for pretty much every map it all depends on what the other team is doing :D :D :D

Well I hope I spawn from your spots and not elsewhere.

The best thing about this is it may reduce the amount of spawns at an objective site. And by "at" I mean right on fucking top of it. Pisses me off.

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
my hype is dying because of a monkey.

monkeywonkey.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
the way they have it now is fine, but please, have some directions on how to drop them.

That's what we get when GG puts a job in there that requires a little bit of intelligence and we have stupid people playing the game, you tell them the fucking spawn faces them and they still throw the spawn in whichever way that basically FUCKS EVERYONE UP.

Kittonwy

Banned
To this day I still fucking hate autobalancing, I don't know why you guys keep picking these, half the time we can't play on the same team as a clan.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
To this day I still fucking hate autobalancing, I don't know why you guys keep picking these, half the time we can't play on the same team as a clan.

good thing patch will fix this a bit huh? :p

JoJo13

Banned
Kittonwy said:

autobalancing aint so bad now with the patch...whenever it goes up

Dirtbag

Kittonwy said:
I agree and I disagree

I'm actually more disgusted by the constantly lopsided battles which I attribute to the lack of match-making. The random cowards that only join the winning team shit ruins innumerable matches.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thrakier said:
So GG gave up in the last minuten and closed down or what happened?
Maybe a last minute bug? Bad stuff happen sadly.

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
Maybe a last minute bug? Bad stuff happen sadly.

they could at least have replied with the new ETA, not just a "sorry guys" on GAF and complete silence even in their official site. I don't mind if the patch is delayed or whatever, shit happens, but keep in touch with your community ffs.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
they could at least have replied with the new ETA, not just a "sorry guys" on GAF and complete silence even in their official site. I don't mind if the patch is delayed or whatever, shit happens, but keep in touch with your community ffs.
That just sorry is awesome because Tempy is not a PR guy. No one from GG said anything official.
Just Tempy being a nice guy. Tempy Respect + 1

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
That just sorry is awesome because Tempy is not a PR guy. No one from GG said anything official.
Just Tempy being a nice guy. Tempy Respect + 1

yeah mucho appreciated Tempy, but he could have been a little bit more specific and add some spice to the "sorry guys" reply, ie:

sorry guys...

-> patch isn't coming today
-> patch isn't coming this week
-> patch isn't coming at all
-> Guerrilla Games is now part of Microsoft Game Studios

:lol

Fersis

Lince said:
yeah mucho appreciated Tempy, but he could have been a little bit more specific and add some spice to the "sorry guys" reply, ie:

sorry guys...

-> patch isn't coming today
-> patch isn't coming this week
-> patch isn't coming at all
-> Guerrilla Games is now part of Microsoft Game Studios and we need to patch in more
huge bald space marines

:lol

Probably Tempy doesnt have the autorization to say why.
(Not only that.Its not his job to do PR things)
Anwyay: <3 Tempy and Tiddles.

Top Bottom