• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
FUUCK

I get the same error while trying to buy something as I did last week

"an error has ocurred.
(80023102)"

No KZ2 map pack for me until 2moro :(

You tried the account with the details I sent you?

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
You tried the account with the details I sent you?

No not yet! I'm trying to buy them myself so someone else can use the share account, but if I can't get the maps by tonight I'll try that account. Thanx for that by the way :)

Dibbz

Map pack is 120MB~

HOLY SHIT Beachhead is the best looking map ever! It totally fucks the SP so hard. It's windy as hell and the rain is going everywhere. Holy shit it looks so fucking good.

The nuke on Southern Hills is so awesome. The sirens go off and you have like 10 seconds to find cover or your fucked.

Holy shit this is the best looking game ever.

careful

Dibbz said:
Map pack is 120MB~

HOLY SHIT Beachhead is the best looking map ever! It totally fucks the SP so hard. It's windy as hell and the rain is going everywhere. Holy shit it looks so fucking good.

The nuke on Southern Hills is so awesome. The sirens go off and you have like 10 seconds to find cover or your fucked.

I'm glad they look awesome :), but it's kind of pointless if no one is gonna play them after the first day..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dibbz said:
Map pack is 120MB~

Well motherh said that it was the best looking levels that GG ever did.

Firewire

Banned
Dibbz said:
Map pack is 120MB~

My god release this in N.A. already!

Dibbz

Southern Hills is crazy. Both S&D's are outside :lol

Game is amazing but why the fuck are people making 32 player rooms with these two maps!!? Make 16 player god damn it.

Dibbz

I'll be up for a game tonight.

EDIT:- Quick question I'm at about rank 6000 for the week right now and am trying to get the 1% trophy. What kinda rank would I be looking at for the 1%?

Hopefully with the release of the new map pack there will be more people on than usual so getting the 1% should be a little bit easier.

icechai

hah i love how they issued release notes as Helghan propaganda, more of these please!

"Helghast Field Manual 15: Surviving the Southern Hills

The treacherous ISA forces have resorted to using nuclear devices in their futile efforts to invade our beloved home-planet of Helghan. This cowardly act will not go unpunished and the Helghast High Command training corps has prepared a field manual to ensure its loyal soldiers do not die in vain. Read the below carefully as it could be the difference between your survival of a nuclear attack and turning into a burning corpse.

1. When you hear the siren, drop whatever you are doing. Just run like heck. A live soldier is a lot more useful to the Helghan Empire than a scorched, smoking one. You’ll only have a couple of seconds to get to cover, so don’t waste any time.
2. Science be damned! Just Duck & Cover! If you see the nuke going off the in the distance, simply ensure that you have a roof above your head. You don’t even have to close the windows or anything. Anyone caught outside will be turned into a something resembling jerky.
3. If you spawn in your base and hear the sirens going off, just stay where you are and the let the folks outside deal with the problems. You’ll be much quicker off the mark once the dust settles.
4. Sentry Bots and Sentry Turrets are not immune to the devastating power of the nuke. Don’t leave them sitting outside, or they will turn into burning chunks like anything else. Place Sentry turrets inside to ensure their safety and they will cut off the enemies path to shelter.
5. If you are inside, watch the doorways for enemies ducking inside to safety. Or even better, mow them down with an emplaced machine gun before they get anywhere near. That’ll teach ‘em to run like dogs!
6. Out in the open? Any base can be a safe spot from the impending nuclear annihilation. If you find yourself far from home, just go duck into the enemies’ base. Your chances of survival will be higher than out in the open.
7. The Bots in Killzone 2 do have a sense of self-preservation and when that siren sounds, they will try to save themselves as much as any living player. Follow them for the closest safe-spot, but make sure no sneaky ISA scum are hiding in there in the first place.
8. Repaired ammo boxes and Emplaced MG’s will not be destroyed by the blast, so you won’t have to repair them again.
9. Assassination targets! If the siren goes off, get to cover. I repeat, run like hell. Nothing worse than successfully defending the target and having it turned into smithereens before your very eyes and not being able to do anything about it.
10. If all else fails, climb up the ladder to the roof of the central base to get a good view of the explosion in the east. It might cause you a fiery death, but damn it the explosion is too sexy not to look at in all of its splendor.

Keep these tips in mind when the ISA Cruisers launch their gutless assault on our beloved planet and you might just survive another day.

All hail Visari!

Master Sergeant Downie
5th Helghast Training Corps
Pyrrhus Rise "

KZObsessed

Dibbz said:

EDIT:- Quick question I'm at about rank 6000 for the week right now and am trying to get the 1% trophy. What kinda rank would I be looking at for the 1%?

Hopefully with the release of the new map pack there will be more people on than usual so getting the 1% should be a little bit easier.

1000-2000

Depends how many people play this week but it should be around that.

TheFatOne

Dibbz said:

Edit: beaten

tfur

JardeL said:
GG ruined the whole experience with 1.27 patch and you guys still considering purchasing maps :/ ...

I strongly disagree.

And yes, I will absolutely be getting the maps.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Rapping Granny said:
I might do it, but how does it work?

I only shared/traded games before.

same way. just have everyone chip in a few bucks via paypal or whatnot.
someone creates account/adds funds/downloads packs/installs/gives info to others/repeat.

patsu

The only negative is the vulnerability during spawn. The thing is the same change addressed my major gribe about people throwing spawn grenade in the objective room.

They should keep the invulnerability but forbid people from throwing the grenade too close to the objective rooms. Either that, or make the spawn grenade destructible/redeployable.

In any case, I am slowly adjusting to the new spawn grenade. It's not too bad after a few hard learned lessons. Forced people to be more thoughtful in deploying the grenades, *and* using the spawn points selectively. I still end up facing the wrong way every time though (Damn Tacticians with failing grades).

oneHeero

That video on the psblog was so awesome.

I want the map pack but god damn I bought the last one on a whim and regret it since no one plays it.Wish gaf guaranteed me they are all buying new map pack and have regular gaf games with new maps in rotation with SM and VH in the mix. Nice 6 maps!

Firewire

Banned
patsu said:
The only negative is the vulnerability during spawn. The thing is the same thing addressed my major gribe about people throwing spawn grenade in the objective room.

They should keep the vulnerability but forbid people from throwing the grenade too close to the objective rooms. Either that, or make the spawn grenade destructible/redeployable.

In any case, I am slowly adjusting to the new spawn grenade. It's not too bad after a few hard learned lessons. Forced people to be more thoughtful in deploying the grenades, *and* using the spawns points selectively. I still end up facing the wrong way every time though (Damn Tacticians with failing grades).

I only spawn at the base now or on the squad leader, when Body Count starts I head for spawn points and try to defend them for the team.

TheFatOne

oneHeero said:

I want the map pack but god damn I bought the last one on a whim and regret it since no one plays it.Wish gaf guaranteed me they are all buying new map pack and have regular gaf games with new maps in rotation with SM and VH in the mix. Nice 6 maps!

All the regulars in GAFA had bought the first map pack. The maps just weren't very good :lol Wasteland is ok at least

Firewire

Banned
oneHeero said:

There where 3 servers based on the last map pack last night, played in one for a couple of hours! They do exist you just have to search them out and of course GG doesn't make that easy.

F#A#Oo

Banned
The maps needed to be free tbh...

GG have no business charging for maps when the player base for MP is relatively stagant or has moved on...

If GG took a leaf out of Valve then I think the KZ2 community would be growing...

The Left4Dead community is ever growing...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
F#A#Oo said:
The maps needed to be free tbh...

GG have no business charging for maps when the player base for MP is relatively stagant or has moved on...

If GG took a leaf out of Valve then I think the KZ2 community would be growing...

The Left4Dead community is ever growing...
GG dont have a say on the pricing of the DLC. Thats the publisher job.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yep. I haven't played the first pack's maps in a while, as everyone seems to love Radec and Tharis :( . I felt the maps weren't great and a complete ripoff at 6 dollars. If you want in on the share group, shoot me a PM (i believe it's region locked, so US owners only).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
:lol

*cries*

*cries*

*cries*

This game drives me crazy. So much potential. So much fucked up by devs obsession with clusterfucks.

Just had an awesome slideshow session on Beach Head with Dave and other 18 guys (and 4 air drones and 8 turrets).

*cries*

*cries*

*cries*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Frantic fun, TTP. Frantic fun.

And yeah you've finally snapped :lol

Seriously, that was worse than the worse match at Tharsis. WTF.

Graphics are sooo good tho. The rain is awesome and the post blast effect in the other map is incredible (not to mention the air battle going on in the sky as you play, with Intruders and the HGHs dropships flying by).

Fersis

FFObsessed said:
Frantic fun, TTP. Frantic fun.

And yeah you've finally snapped :lol
This is the key.
I think that from the beginning Killzone 2 ONLINE was designed to be frantic.
BUT TTP,FFO,Lince and others dont want to believe it and complain about the game sucking and the design being awful.
I think that you are 'barking to the wrong tree' guys. You are looking in the wrong game.
('Ladrandole al arbol equivocado' its a common phrase here)

Arnie

TTP said:

*cries*

*cries*

*cries*

This game drives me crazy. So much potential. So much fucked up by devs obsession with clusterfucks.

Just had an awesome slideshow session on Beach Head with Dave and other 18 guys (and 4 air drones and 8 turrets).

*cries*

*cries*

*cries*
Ye I was in that with you guys, it was a bit of a squeeze. Personally I think Beachhead would have a sweetspot of around 6v6.

Fersis

F#A#Oo said:
What??? That makes no sense...
Sad huh?

EDIT:I better clarify, i meant that the pricing is decided by the publisher not the developer.

KZObsessed

Fersis said:
This is the key.
BUT TTP,FFO,Lince and others dont want to believe it and complain about the game sucking and the design being awful.
I think that you are 'barking to the wrong tree' guys. You are looking in the wrong game.

wtf :lol When have I said the game sucks and it's awfully designed? It's my favorite online game ever. I enjoy how hectic the battles can be, this game gives you a rush that no other online shooter gives. Everything else is so boring and bland compared to KZ2. I just don't want every moment of every online match to be a hectic mess. That's why I prefer 16 player games. They have hectic parts, I enjoy the chaos of S&D sometimes, but they also have quieter moments where you're watching the environment and figuring out where to approach the enemy from to get the jump on them. You need a balance between the two which you get during 16 player games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fersis said:
This is the key.

I have played a lot of "frantic" FPS in my career and believe me this is not one of those.

It's just UNPLAYABLE PIECE OF SHIT when exceeding a given number of players depending on the map at hand.

As I've been saying since the beta days, this is a 16 players game AT MOST.

Edit: added "piece of shit" for dramatic effect

Fersis

TTP said:
I have played a lot of "frantic" FPS in my career and believe me this is not one of those.

It's just UNPLAYABLE PIECE OF SHIT when exceeding a given number of players depending on the map at hand.

:)

FFObsessed said:
wtf :lol When have I said the game sucks and it's awfully designed? It's my favorite online game ever. I enjoy how hectic the battles can be, this game gives you a rush that no other online shooter gives. Everything else is so boring and bland compared to KZ2. I just don't want every moment of every online match to be a hectic mess. That's why I prefer 16 player games. They have hectic parts, I enjoy the chaos of S&D sometimes, but they also have quieter moments where you're watching the environment and figuring out where to approach the enemy from to get the jump on them. You need a balance between the two which you get during 16 player games.

Maybe not your exact words, but the thread on the last 20 pages is about how much KZ2 sucks and how GG is an amateur Dev and stuff like that.
Funny if you think that the first 20 pages of the thread was about how awesome KZ2 and GG are. :lol

Hmm, not sure what to think about the maps yet.

I also happened to be in the clusterfuck of a game with TTP and Dave on Beach Head. It was messy, so I said fuck this and whipped out the LMG to mow down the hordes. After the game I though, 'wow, another terrible map'. Everyone obviously felt the same, as everyone left. :D
Well, not everyone. I stayed, and squaded up with Dave for what started as a 4 v 4. It was actually really good. Then of course it filled again, got messy again, used LMG again.
I'd say 5 v 5 it'll be really fun, much more and it'll be really shite.

Only had one game on the other map. Looks really awesome, seems to play quite well as well, and I actually like it's gimmick. Elevated turrets will rape on this map!

Seems like a decent pack, though as always, 32 players lol.

Fersis said:
This is the key.

It certainly doesn't have to be frantic though. God help anyone playing in 32 player games. There are always smaller servers, create one if there isn't.

I agree GG made a mistake with the way they presented the game though, as a clusterfuck basically, and if they hadn't done that more people might have kept playing rather than saying, 'Shite, more call of duty please'.

A.R.K

TTP said:

Calling it a *PIECE OF SHIT* is going overboard. Its much more of a team oriented game and if teams do not work together (thats the basis of the word team), then yes the game plays like a cluster fuck cuz the K/D whores are just playing for themselves. This is the primary reason I think there is no Death Match mode in this game. But if you have 2 good coordinated teams working for the goals and not fucking K/D ratios, its the best fucking game! I mostly play with my friends and its fucking awesome since we know what we are suppose to be doing for our teams.

Some of you guys are just getting to worked up with the complains! Just fucking don't play games which are not to your liking and join another game or fucking sell it already and move on :D

KZ2 players complain -> GG fixes -> KZ2 players complain again, want back orginial

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
A.R.K said:
Calling it a *PIECE OF SHIT* is going overboard. Its much more of a team oriented game and if teams do not work together (thats the basis of the word team), then yes the game plays like a cluster fuck cuz the K/D whores are just playing for themselves. This is the primary reason I think there is no Death Match mode in this game. But if you have 2 good coordinated teams working for the goals and not fucking K/D ratios, its the best fucking game!

Believe me, no team coordination can magically transform KZ2 clusterfucks into something even remotely understandable. Seriously, it's just spawn and die praying some of your bullets hit something in the process.

It's like trying to stop shit from hitting the fan by blowing at it.

Remember I'm only talking situations when number of players > number of players actually supported by the map.

Top Bottom