• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

ilanna said:
We're around, I was and still am away, and PS3 less, I'll probably be PS3less for a few months so... :(

Dan, well, I've been keeping him busy when he's not at work. :D Besides, he doesn't like to play without me. We're the hetero version of FFO and Lince, you see. :p

:lol :lol

Thrakier said:

:lol

KZObsessed

You know I'm disappointed we never got unlockable mulitplayer skins. I would have loved to play as Scolar Visari or Colonel Radec. Only available to those of us who got to the 100k Top Rank. :p

I hope KZ3 allows me to customize my appearance. A really in depth one. I want a Helghast that is recognised as me by visual appearance. I want to stand out, not just be another name.

You see me, you run.

Facism

Thrakier said:
I guess the reason that there are no skins is that you need to distinguish the classes to adjust your tactics.

Always thought a slight visual adjustment for squad leaders would make things interesting. Like, white armband for HGH, black for ISA. Could add a small amount to tactical play.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
You know I'm disappointed we never got unlockable mulitplayer skins. I would have loved to play as Scolar Visari or Colonel Radec. Only available to those of us who got to the 100k Top Rank. :p

I hope KZ3 allows me to customize my appearance. A really in depth one. I want a Helghast that is recognised as me by visual appearance. I want to stand out, not just be another name.

You see me, you run.
I can't see how you can customise you appearance for a class based shooter...

There would be no way to identify an engineer, assault, tactician etc.

KZObsessed

You can still use the same basic templates/uniforms for the classes, and then customize the appearance of your character, I'm not talking about building the look of your character from scratch but your Helghast helmet specifically or your face if you're ISA. Give your character a little identity. For example the characters in the single player, have a very similar look to some of the uniforms in the multiplayer for obvious reasons.

349455-kz2squad_super.png

killzone2multiplayer2.jpg

You could tell from a quick glance that Natko was an "engineer" and that Rico was a "rifleman" if you saw them in an online match with some minor aesthetic tweaks. And of course you can edit their look even further to make them look even more like the classes.

Also if you wanted to have a character who looked like Natko but wanted to play as medic, you could give him a white bandanna with a red cross, a white arm band and some med packs on his belt. You could make him obvious that he was a medic from a glance but still give him a unique look.

I don't have photoshop but I'm sure someone could take Radec and change his uniform to make him into the different Helghast classes, so it would be obvious which class he was while maintaining his unique look.

This way we could have unique identities in the online "world" and not just play as a bunch of clones. Obviously it would have to be made a lot more detailed than my example, but I'm sure it could be done. Would take some effort but it's something that could work for KZ3, Guerrilla could do it for sure. Plus if this was kept as a reward for those who have reached the top class, out of 200k weekly players in KZ2 there would only be around 300 people who would have a unique look to them. I think that's something people would definitely love and something people would want to aim for, rather than just a slightly different badge on the menu. This way the players who play it the most standout on the battlefield like the "Heroes" from The Iliad.

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
I would like customization but I'm not sure how they can make it work at this point.

Indeed, I don't expect it for KZ2, not much point now anyway. But if they build the classes for KZ3 with customization in mind from the outset, they can make the uniforms stand out a little more (nothing too garish tho :p) so that you can customize and create a unique look to your character without the losing the ability to tell the classes apart. Would be awesome to be able to design and play as characters similar to Mr Fucking Convoy and Colonel Radec in KZ3 online. :'D

I always want to be able to play as a unique character online, but there aren't many games (outside of MMOs) that allow you to create a unique character, or customize your appearance in detail. That would be something that would make KZ3 stand out, especially with the great characters and designs in the Killzone universe.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Always thought a slight visual adjustment for squad leaders would make things interesting. Like, white armband for HGH, black for ISA. Could add a small amount to tactical play.

gyrophare-blanc.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Indeed, I don't expect it for KZ2, not much point now anyway. But if they build the classes for KZ3 with customization in mind from the outset, they can make the uniforms stand out a little more (nothing too garish tho :p) so that you can customize and create a unique look to your character without the losing the ability to tell the classes apart. Would be awesome to be able to design and play as characters similar to Mr Fucking Convoy and Colonel Radec in KZ3 online. :'D

I always want to be able to play as a unique character online, but there aren't many games (outside of MMOs) that allow you to create a unique character, or customize your appearance in detail. That would be something that would make KZ3 stand out, especially with the great characters and designs in the Killzone universe.

I would like clan insignias for the next game.

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
I would like clan insignias for the next game.

I remember an old rumour that you'd be able to customize/create clan tattoos and there would be a lot of clan integration with Home. I'd love to have GAF tattooed across my ISA character's face :lol

But yeah clan insignias would be great. Anything that gives you and your clan a more unique presence online is a good thing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I played this for the first time in a while today...what do the high precision controls do? I didn't notice any difference. I was surprised so find them in the game and still no crouch toggle.

I have gotten all badges, the C4 badge is a pain in the ass and it works best if you put all your eggs in one basket and put all 3 C4s in one place instead of spreading the around.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ok seriously... how do you beat the final level on elite? I literally don't see how it's possible. I'm
right before radec, when the flamethrower guys come out that's it, I can take out one string of them, then when the second come out I have guys from the front and back coming at me.
I'm literally about to say fuck it and just play online from now on.

Is anyone that's playing this (and still reading this thread) using a 500gb drive?

It's been reported in several places that people are having issues with their 500gb drives and this game, I'm just wondering what brands are/aren't having problems.

Kittonwy

Banned
msdstc said:
Ok seriously... how do you beat the final level on elite? I literally don't see how it's possible. I'm
right before radec, when the flamethrower guys come out that's it, I can take out one string of them, then when the second come out I have guys from the front and back coming at me.
I'm literally about to say fuck it and just play online from now on.

Is the gate to upstairs open yet? The fight at the bottom shouldn't be too difficult, when the gates open, switch to knife and run upstairs, knifing guys on the way, then when you get upstairs, knife the flamethrower guys. Once you're upstairs it's not too hard, it's about being careful and be quick with dispatching dudes.

Atrus

Gold Member
msdstc said:
It doesn't appear like the gates are opening? Do they open when the flame thrower guys come out?

No. The first phase ends (with checkpoint) once the chandeliers fall from the rooftops. The gates will open a bit after that.

To get the chandeliers to fall, you have to wipe out near everything thrown at you (I've only seen 2 normal Helghast troopers left when this happens). I highly suggest staying near the doors where you came in.

On my first time in Elite, I didn't know better and used the Helghast AR. I simply popped off most of the troopers at range, and then used Grenades to take care of the groups formed from the guys dropping from the left and right corners. I used pretty much all the AR ammo and had to resort to the shotgun.

On my subsequent run I brought in the heavy machine gun, and crouch shot along near the doors. It's extremely accurate and the Helghast will go down in a few hits.

You'll still be overwhelmed due to the corners, so use grenades to buy time and to take care of crowds. There are grenade pickups upstairs.

You're in the second hardest part of this 4 part battle. The next one is the hardest part and once you get the checkpoint after that, it's all downhill in terms of difficulty.

What's GAF's opinion of the map pack DLCs? I've been pondering getting them, I mean the Vekta cruiser level seemed like an ideal MP map when I played it in SP, and the new map pack with the periodic nuke just looks amazing.

lunlunqq

moments of the night: i desperately saw a rocket flying towards my face. right before the moment of impact, lyulf and kittonwy (or maybe it was rick?) decided to respawn on me... we three died a glorious death together... :lol :lol :lol

TheFatOne

lunlunqq said:
moments of the night: i desperately saw a rocket flying towards my face. right before the moment of impact, lyulf and kittonwy (or maybe it was rick?) decided to respawn on me... we three died a glorious death together... :lol :lol :lol

I spawned on you and I was like fuuuuuu

oneHeero

Havent played kz in a while, I didnt wanna swtich back and forth between uc beta and this due to controls.

Look forward to accepting my clan invite if its still there, maybe be online tonight if FNR4 doesnt take over.

Zinthar

Hmmm, my obsession with this game from a few weeks ago is starting to fade... like pretty much every other game, I get bored and need to play something else.

And the little annoyances that keep the game steps away from perfection become gaping holes after playing an extra 10 hrs of multiplayer.

The biggest one for me, still, is the fact that it's so hard to find people using voice -- is my experience level high enough to actually play in games with the rest of the GAFe clan yet?

Kittonwy

Banned
oneHeero said:
Havent played kz in a while, I didnt wanna swtich back and forth between uc beta and this due to controls.

Look forward to accepting my clan invite if its still there, maybe be online tonight if FNR4 doesnt take over.

It's there.
Indifferent2.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Atrus said:
No. The first phase ends (with checkpoint) once the chandeliers fall from the rooftops. The gates will open a bit after that.

To get the chandeliers to fall, you have to wipe out near everything thrown at you (I've only seen 2 normal Helghast troopers left when this happens). I highly suggest staying near the doors where you came in.

On my first time in Elite, I didn't know better and used the Helghast AR. I simply popped off most of the troopers at range, and then used Grenades to take care of the groups formed from the guys dropping from the left and right corners. I used pretty much all the AR ammo and had to resort to the shotgun.

On my subsequent run I brought in the heavy machine gun, and crouch shot along near the doors. It's extremely accurate and the Helghast will go down in a few hits.

You'll still be overwhelmed due to the corners, so use grenades to buy time and to take care of crowds. There are grenade pickups upstairs.

You're in the second hardest part of this 4 part battle. The next one is the hardest part and once you get the checkpoint after that, it's all downhill in terms of difficulty.

I'm at that next part now and once again I simply don't see this as possible.

Thrakier

msdstc said:
I'm at that next part now and once again I simply don't see this as possible.

It's not possible. When I finally made it, after hours and hours, I made the impossible possible. You have to do the same.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thrakier said:
It's not possible. When I finally made it, after hours and hours, I made the impossible possible. You have to do the same.

Did it! That was ridiculous. I gotta do a run through now and finish up some other medals. Normally I have peeves and complaints about games and how ridiculously hard they can be, but this is hands down one of the worst offenders. I feel like it's not all skill, it's a good chunk of luck involved. But you were right part 1 was near impossible, 2 was impossible, 3 was ok, and 4 was easy.

Few questions about trophies also.

Wheres the best places to get the fragmartyr and fragmerchant trophy?

Top Bottom