• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

dazed808

Fersis said:
So... where is Lince ?

FFO has kidnapped him and is demanding a free repair of his ps3 from Sony before he releases him.
KidnappedInGarage.jpg

Poor Lince :/

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
So... where is Lince ?

Me lo estoy pasando genial en Ibiza con unos amigos de mi hermana, playa, piscina, terrazas de verano y pubs de moda... ¡ un auténtico desfase ! Ya te contaré.

<3 Fersis

Facism said:
he's 6 inches deep on holiday

damn right brother :D

<3 Live

and stop trying to steal FFO away from me you jerk, yes I'm talking to you Seph

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Good to know that you are living like a King Lince.

Thrakier

Man it's so hard to get those missing badges in random matches. And when I play with gaffers they are better than me and they get to do the missions. Still missing 3 assasinations (both sides), 2 seek and destroy and some destruction. Assassin is the hardest because I never get picked as target and when I get picked my team is shit and I die.

TeTr1C

Got on KZ2 today for a couple matches of 9 to 16 player Bodycount, and still nobody is playing the new maps. Why did I buy them then?!

Everyone always wants to play spawncamping Radec Academy.

I don't play the other modes often. Are people playing the new maps there atleast? I feel like I wasted $12 in all. Sometimes I'll see a Cruiser only server, but that's it. :(

icechai

TeTr1C said:
Got on KZ2 today for a couple matches of 9 to 16 player Bodycount, and still nobody is playing the new maps. Why did I buy them then?!

Everyone always wants to play spawncamping Radec Academy.

I don't play the other modes often. Are people playing the new maps there atleast? I feel like I wasted $12 in all. Sometimes I'll see a Cruiser only server, but that's it. :(

yeah, it seems like most ppl just set up 1 server with 1 new map for trophy hunting, and the rest of the regular rotations are the normal maps that come with the game. Think if they ever fix the server browsing UI and the find by map options, it'll be better (Warhawk had this problem kind of but there was always 3-4 servers running all the new expansion packs mixed in with regular stuff too).

Facism

Lince said:
Me lo estoy pasando genial en Ibiza con unos amigos de mi hermana, playa, piscina, terrazas de verano y pubs de moda... ¡ un auténtico desfase ! Ya te contaré.

<3 Fersis

damn right brother :D

<3 Live

and stop trying to steal FFO away from me you jerk, yes I'm talking to you Seph

Excellent, glad it's going to plan ;p

icechai

online state of game last week: around 84k players according to the leaderboard. Which is a 20k jump from last month. But its a sad comparison when you look at the all time (1.1 million have tried online at least once). Glad they fixed all the buttons on the website it seems :p

icechai said:
online state of game last week: around 84k players according to the leaderboard. Which is a 20k jump from last month. But its a sad comparison when you look at the all time (1.1 million have tried online at least once). Glad they fixed all the buttons on the website it seems :p

Where are you seeing that? Last week was around 160k, I know because I was checking it daily on the website last week as I went for the Top 1% last week.....this week is at 98k right now and all time is at 1.27 million.

icechai said:

Now that I have Socom I see no reason to play KZ2 anymore.

icechai

AranhaHunter said:
Where are you seeing that? Last week was around 160k, I know because I was checking it daily on the website last week as I went for the Top 1% last week.....this week is at 98k right now and all time is at 1.27 million.

oh woops, i was looking at the rank #, guess there's multiples of the same rank. Right now its saying last week had 102k players but 90246 is the lowest rank.

Firewire said:

Either you haven't played Socom or you suck at it. I've put over 50 hours into KZ2 and I like it but Socom is a better MP game. Maybe if GG knew what filters were they could close the gap somewhat.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Either you haven't played Socom or you suck at it. I've put over 50 hours into KZ2 and I like it but Socom is a better MP game. Maybe if GG knew what filters were they could close the gap somewhat.

You like SOCOM better and that's fine, right now, while I'm not going to knock SOCOM's game mechanics aside from the fact that the reticle is disabled when over certain objects and the collision maps in the environments are not always properly lined up, going into a SOCOM game even with a couple of people I know, after having to find the server and the room they're in, it still feels like I'm playing by myself because those people just kind of go off on their own, it's simply not fun for me. On the other hand it's like the complete opposite of COD4 so I guess that's a good thing. At the end of the day I'm not sure I really want to play such a hardcore shooter, I just want to find a bunch of people I know, play a few rounds and have fun as a team, which I can with Killzone 2.
Indifferent2.gif

There's a SOCOM thread out there somewhere, go post there instead.
Indifferent2.gif

Firewire

Banned
Bearillusion said:

I've played it, love the maps. But wait till you spawn and get sniped instantly and have to wait 5 minutes to re-spawn. Shit gets boring real fast.

Anyways there's a thread for Socom, go wait there.

Top Bottom