• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

BeeDog

msdstc said:
Wheres the best places to get the fragmartyr and fragmerchant trophy?

The start of the battlecruiser mission where you ride the first elevator up and they blow through the wall. Easy as hell there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BeeDog said:
The start of the battlecruiser mission where you ride the first elevator up and they blow through the wall. Easy as hell there.

Thanks man! Just got those 2 plus my run and gunner there. Just gotta grab the intel and helghast symbols, plus redo some missions with deaths and I'm all set:D :D

Kittonwy

Banned
msdstc said:
Did it! That was ridiculous. I gotta do a run through now and finish up some other medals. Normally I have peeves and complaints about games and how ridiculously hard they can be, but this is hands down one of the worst offenders. I feel like it's not all skill, it's a good chunk of luck involved. But you were right part 1 was near impossible, 2 was impossible, 3 was ok, and 4 was easy.

Few questions about trophies also.

Wheres the best places to get the fragmartyr and fragmerchant trophy?

Congratz.
Indifferent2.gif

Nizz

I keep playing through the single player over and over. Playing some of my favorite sections (like Blood Meridian). :D

Also getting a couple more trophies in the process. I'm having trouble with the "Safari Hunter" one. I've meleed 11 out of 14 infantry types. I have no idea which ones are missing...

I think a scout/sniper is one of em. I still need two more types though. :(

Spayro

Just got a PS3 + Killzone 2 a week ago.
PSN is Yoziv, would be great to play with some gaffers. too bad the game always has slight lag.

fps fanatic said:
I keep playing through the single player over and over. Playing some of my favorite sections (like Blood Meridian). :D

Also getting a couple more trophies in the process. I'm having trouble with the "Safari Hunter" one. I've meleed 11 out of 14 infantry types. I have no idea which ones are missing...

I think a scout/sniper is one of em. I still need two more types though. :(
sniper is most common one missed. Also, in the
cruiser
theres one type that shows up in only 2 spots (actually, maybe only 1 depending on your difficulty. I only remember seeing them twice on elite). They are near the start of the level
when you come off the elevator and theres an explosion and five guys bust through a wall.
Thats them!

Engineer is also commonly missed, and flame thrower. maybe grenade launcher guy too.

Nizz

FuzzyDunlop said:
sniper is most common one missed. Also, in the
cruiser
theres one type that shows up in only 2 spots (actually, maybe only 1 depending on your difficulty. I only remember seeing them twice on elite). They are near the start of the level
when you come off the elevator and theres an explosion and five guys bust through a wall.
Thats them!

Engineer is also commonly missed, and flame thrower. maybe grenade launcher guy too.
Ahh yeah, the slender ones. That may be one I'm missing in addition to the sniper. Now that I think of it, I don't thing I ever meleed a grenade launcher soldier.

I know for sure I've gotten a flamethrower type. Thanks! Will try again tonight.

Kittonwy said:
LOL me and crush and two guys on our team versus 8 ppl camping our base and we won bodycount lol.
Indifferent2.gif
:lol You know it! It was 3 vs 8 wasn't it? It was a alot of fun though.

Thanks lunlunqq <3 for popping your head up for my sta-14.

icechai

wow, i like that hammer assassination where i came around the back and took out the whole team, now I know how Lyulf feels like haha. Btw you were hitting me, just not enough to kill me before I killed you :)

Kittonwy

Banned
CrushDance said:
:lol You know it! It was 3 vs 8 wasn't it? It was a alot of fun though.

Thanks lunlunqq <3 for popping your head up for my sta-14.

Last few games me and lyulf and joe were playing short-handed, pretty brutal, there's always one non-gaffer fucking up all the spawns, and I don't know why.
Indifferent2.gif

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
Last few games me and lyulf and joe were playing short-handed, pretty brutal, there's always one non-gaffer fucking up all the spawns, and I don't know why.
Indifferent2.gif

Last couple of games made me realize how much I dislike this game now. For me every time I play its more frustrating than fun. So I think it's time for me to find another multiplayer game to play.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Last couple of games made me realize how much I dislike this game now. For me every time I play its more frustrating than fun. So I think it's time for me to find another multiplayer game to play.

I think it has alot to do with how much more of an advantage you can have simply by having a couple more well-coordinated skilled players versus noobs, you simply can't hide the noobs like in other games, a handful of skilled players playing as a team can crush you, with you and joe, even though at one time we had a couple of noobs playing with us it still felt like we were completely outnumbered. I think we should play as a full clan on the same team more than just three of us here, a couple of us there, without the team co-ordination it's nowhere near as fun tbh.
Indifferent2.gif

Where are all of dem yuros anyway.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
How can people not know how to place spawns still, shit drives me crazy... also, why'd gaf desert me when i entered the room.. :(

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
I think it has alot to do with how much more of an advantage you can have simply by having a couple more well-coordinated skilled players versus noobs, you simply can't hide the noobs like in other games, a handful of skilled players playing as a team can crush you, with you and joe, even though at one time we had a couple of noobs playing with us it still felt like we were completely outnumbered.
Indifferent2.gif

That and you should stick to playing as engineer.
Indifferent2.gif

Nah that wasn't what was pissing me off. I know that everyone isn't great at this game. There are two thing that drive me crazy in this game one is lag. I can't fucking stand lag. It doesn't matter how many people are in a game there will always be lag. It just annoys the shit out of me. Some people take more bullets to kill than others when they are in full health. Then you have a double death. This shit should not happen in any FPS ever. It's so much fun getting the jump on someone only to die at the same time. The second thing that drives me crazy is unbalanced games. GG is fucking retarded for not having a way to even teams out. Then there are the countless little shit that annoy me. Everything just adds up and makes me hate the game the more I play it.

BTW I know I sucked as a tactician it was because I was pissed about uneven teams. The first game I just sucked ass, but the second game I didn't even want to play because the teams were uneven.

Loudninja

polyh3dron said:
How can people not know how to place spawns still, shit drives me crazy... also, why'd gaf desert me when i entered the room.. :(

Really just today this guy put a spawn in front of an enemy turret -_-

Kittonwy

Banned
polyh3dron said:

It's 1am, I have to go to work tomorrow, I've been playing for a few hours. Join us a bit earlier.
Indifferent2.gif

I was playing a game of KZ2 all alone when through the heavens LiabeBrave came down and joined me. We played a couple rounds and won/lost. On our third match though things got really hectic and the other team ran over us like the hordes at helms deep early on 3-0.

Bruised and with low hearts I looked in LiabeBrave's eyes, I said: "Is there any hope that we can save this day?" He was silent for a moment and then contnued shooting into the encroaching darkness, yet under his breath I heard him whisper: Only FFO can save us now, We fought with everything we had and took many casualties as the the enemies kept pouring in and spawning all around us.

Frantic and with the look of a wild animal in his eyes, Liabre said: "This day! We fight for honour!" before promptly being downed by a hail of machine gun fire. I jumped over the corpes of our fallen brethren and revived him with my love. ANd then it was as if FFO appaeared before us as we ran together through the hail of bullets and lag, we fought with such vigor and rage that our enemies started to shriek in terror and plead for mercy...we won...4-3.

And thus the greatest upset in Killzone histroy was burned into our hearts <3

Well, I don't know how viable this game is for me anymore. 1/3 of the map selection is pay to play, and it'd be very difficult to find games I can join. Anyone else not have the new map and still able to play consistently?

KZObsessed

CrushDance said:
I was playing a game of KZ2 all alone when through the heavens LiabeBrave came down and joined me. We played a couple rounds and won/lost. On our third match though things got really hectic and the other team ran over us like the hordes at helms deep early on 3-0.

Bruised and with low hearts I looked in LiabeBrave's eyes, I said: "Is there any hope that we can save this day?" He was silent for a moment and then contnued shooting into the encroaching darkness, yet under his breath I heard him whisper: Only FFO can save us now, We fought with everything we had and took many casualties as the the enemies kept pouring in and spawning all around us.

Frantic and with the look of a wild animal in his eyes, Liabre said: "This day! We fight for honour!" before promptly being downed by a hail of machine gun fire. I jumped over the corpes of our fallen brethren and revived him with my love. ANd then it was as if FFO appaeared before us as we ran together through the hail of bullets and lag, we fought with such vigor and rage that our enemies started to shriek in terror and plead for mercy...we won...4-3.

:lol :lol

HelghastMoses.jpg

Even in death I will forever guide you my sons!

ChryZ

CrushDance said:

That's what we call the "epic comeback high".

ChryZ said:
That's what we call the "epic comeback high".
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. I may have been on a team that went from 0-3 to 4-3 before, but only because a whole bunch of people joined the team. In the game last night with CrushDance, instead everything just started clicking. There were even a couple spawn points thrown correctly by non-GAF folks--I was shocked!

Top Bottom