• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Thrakier

-viper- said:
What's the hardest bit about the fight? Radec himself, or the constantly respawning enemies that shoot you?

Radec is easy, but everything before him is hell. I needed hours for it and I have more grey hairs now (on my trunk, just check my avatar). :(

-viper- said:
What's the hardest bit about the fight? Radec himself, or the constantly respawning enemies that shoot you?

Both parts are extremely annoying but I think the respawning of enemies was a little more annoying and if you didn't hate Rico before then, you'll hate him now.

Nizz

AranhaHunter said:
Both parts are extremely annoying but I think the respawning of enemies was a little more annoying and if you didn't hate Rico before then, you'll hate him now.
Nothing more truer! :lol I have about six trophies left to platinum the game, and out of those trophies, only the "heroic survivor" trophy is the one I'm missing from the single player campaign.

The other trophies are online related, which could probably be a while. But Rico is just about completely useless on Elite. I'll revive him and maybe a minute later I hear "somebody get me back, in the fucking game!" Please man...

As long as I can just get to Radec. I don't mind it taking long to beat him. I just wanna get to him, but the waves of enemies piss me off. :lol

slider

Bollocks. On an impulse I re-purchased this (having left my original copy at home). I miscalculated the exchange rate; I've moved overseas you see. On arriving home I realised I paid around £55/$90 for it. Bollocks!

Now it's time to DL all the expansions and patches. I only managed 10 minutes online before so am expecting a steep learning curve.

:'(

Thrakier

slider said:
Bollocks. On an impulse I re-purchased this (having left my original copy at home). I miscalculated the exchange rate; I've moved overseas you see. On arriving home I realised I paid around £55/$90 for it. Bollocks!

Now it's time to DL all the expansions and patches. I only managed 10 minutes online before so am expecting a steep learning curve.

Tell me when you are playing. I want to kill you, noob.

:D

-viper-

Banned
slider said:

if you have Ratchet and Clank QFB i'll give you both map packs :p

slider

Just replayed the first ten minutes or so... wow, so pretty and enjoyable.

-viper-: sorry man, got both packs before seeing your post (but I'm a bit funny about sharing in any case).

Thrakier: No doubt! I'll be in here more regularly to see when people are playing. I'm not in any of the GAF clans, but that suits me for the moment.

ultron87

*first play through of the game. Decided to start on hard (veteran?)*

*gets to end of train level where there is the tank on the train*

*breaks controller in half*

I've now decided to beat the rest of the game on normal difficulty. Because I threw a lot of profanity at the TV, and have other games I want to play once I put this to bed.

ultron87 said:
*first play through of the game. Decided to start on hard (veteran?)*

*gets to end of train level where there is the tank on the train*

*breaks controller in half*

I've now decided to beat the rest of the game on normal difficulty. Because I threw a lot of profanity at the TV, and have other games I want to play once I put this to bed.

Turns out that the number of enemies in that area are finite, so you can just lead them away from the tank, kill them and then take on the tank one-on-one.

If you try to do it all at once then that is probably the hardest part of the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That was the worst part for me. I killed all of the higs and the guy in the tank just stood there as I walked by though, so I guess it was worth it for comedic factor.

ultron87

the_prime_mover said:
Turns out that the number of enemies in that area are finite, so you can just lead them away from the tank, kill them and then take on the tank one-on-one.

If you try to do it all at once then that is probably the hardest part of the game.

I eventually beat it with a combination of a nice grenade toss on the first wave of dudes followed by killing the tank as fast as possible with the rocket launcher.

It's nice to know that the guys are in fact finite. Because it was definitely feeling like they were just going to keep coming in waves of eight or something until I killed the tank.

Once the tank dies they stop, so it was fine after that.

Kittonwy

Banned
No offense but where the heck are you guys, I only see Loudninja playin.
Indifferent2.gif

icechai

Kittonwy said:
Bajan + icechai + joe = epic winz, gg guyz.
Indifferent2.gif

game works so well with assault class + boost disabled and everything else on now. Really was a tug of war type thing in the search and destroy missions. Once we consolidated our position then it was just guard the spawn areas as much as you can from all angles and plant bomb. Glad kitton came on after a bit, I don't like being tactician :)

Bajan32

haha for sure we kicked massive ass.
been playing the shit out of Engineer lately tho..
that class + airbot = massive kills.
lol 77 and 15 in that 1st game.
104 and 30 something in the other one.

GG guys so much fun.

scoobs

-viper- said:

They don't respawn constantly, they come in a certain amount of waves. The boss battle is structured like an RPG boss battle in that it has different phases. And yes the waves of enemies are BY FAR the hardest part especially on elite.

Thrakier

Platinumed and 100% that bitch. I dedicate this platin trophy to the neverending love between FFO and Lince...
NOT!

If they fix the narration, add more variety in the SP and fix the online (dedicated servers, better balancing, better framerate, no clusterfucks anymore) Killzone 3 will be the GTFO. I hope we'll see a new KZ on PS3.

Thrakier said:
Platinumed and 100% that bitch. I dedicate this platin trophy to the neverending love between FFO and Lince...
NOT!

If they fix the narration, add more variety in the SP and fix the online (dedicated servers, better balancing, better framerate, no clusterfucks anymore) Killzone 3 will be the GTFO. I hope we'll see a new KZ on PS3.

I'm pretty sure they'll reuse that engine, and a Killzone 3 makes sense, to add to what you said I would also want 4 player online/offline co op and split screen multiplayer for both warzone and skirmish modes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:
NOT!

If they fix the narration, add more variety in the SP and fix the online (dedicated servers, better balancing, better framerate, no clusterfucks anymore, no re-spawn game modes) Killzone 3 will be the GTFO. I hope we'll see a new KZ on PS3.

Fixed, but pretty much agree.

UraMallas

FFObsessed said:
We are truly brothers!

I refuse to pay for a refurb as well. I'm gonna have to wait for the PS3 Slim. ;_;
Holy shit @ having 1,000 posts in one thread. :eek: I thought I posted a lot and I only have 2,200 posts across all threads for my entire time being here!

You... are truly obsessed.

ChryZ

UraMallas said:
Holy shit @ having 1,000 posts in one thread. :eek: I thought I posted a lot and I only have 2,200 posts across all threads for my entire time being here!

You... are truly obsessed.
obsession.png

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Got this for a week on rental. Give me for goals to aim for, in multiplayer. Haven't played before either, barely spent a few minutes on the demo.

Firewire

Banned
Dani said:
Got this for a week on rental. Give me for goals to aim for, in multiplayer. Haven't played before either, barely spent a few minutes on the demo.

Well if you want to unlock all the classes and their abilities you will need more than a week.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Ok, here's a stupid question. How do I throw health packs as a medic?

You have to select them with the D-Pad first. Left or right, don't recall the direction.

This is if you actually unlocked them.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
It was right on the dpad. Now that I've figured it out I don't think it's actually worth using. :lol

Yeah. You don't get any XP points either. For such a risky action, you should be rewarded.

icechai

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
It was right on the dpad. Now that I've figured it out I don't think it's actually worth using. :lol

really depends. Having the squad leader be a medic is quite invaluable as they can stay alive by throwing health packs in a corner and picking it up themselves better than any other class. Thus you'll always have a moving spawn point. Worked really well last night :)

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Yeah. You don't get any XP points either. For such a risky action, you should be rewarded.

That's like not getting XP for throwing a spawn, which is way riskier since I would have to turn around and position the spawn correctly which a lot of fucking bozos don't do.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
icechai said:
really depends. Having the squad leader be a medic is quite invaluable as they can stay alive by throwing health packs in a corner and picking it up themselves better than any other class. Thus you'll always have a moving spawn point. Worked really well last night :)

Either medic or engineer as squad leader is so much better than having a tactician as a squad leader especially since as a tact I usually leverage on squad spawn to get close enough to put a spawn down.

I just picked up the Flash and Thunder map pack. I decided to skip the Steel and Titanium one. I don't like small maps because a lot of people favor the shotgun which I hate. So I went with the more open of the two packs.

Edit - Problem is, no one apparently plays those maps. After searching and finding no games. I proceeded to create a game and played beach head. The ISA should be proud. I won the battle single handily. :lol

It's been a minute since I've played KZ2, but wow. The last update they did just killed mp for me. Who thought it would be a good idea to take the grace period off the respawn points. Not only is it a field day for spawn campers, but really reduces the use of the tactician.

It's seriously about to make me go back to CoD4.

TTP said:

I always used it to regain my own health where I could hide for a couple of seconds and regain health, and not worry about anybody else, it's too risky that way.

icechai

Choke on the Magic said:
It's been a minute since I've played KZ2, but wow. The last update they did just killed mp for me. Who thought it would be a good idea to take the grace period off the respawn points. Not only is it a field day for spawn campers, but really reduces the use of the tactician.

its a little less friendly, but for those of us who've been playing a lot, its a welcome change and makes things far more strategic. And for everyone who says its a field day for spawn campers, its a field day for people who come around the back and destroy those spawn campers :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:

Actually it makes the tactician even more important, you can't just dump a spawn in the middle of the action anymore, you have to take control of the area, place the spawn in the right direction, and DEFEND the spawn. Right now the tactician is totally NOT the job people should dabble in, it's probably the job that has to be taken most seriously in the game.

Now all the stupid fucktards who just throw a spawn callously right in the middle of a firefight facing the wrong direction with everybody shooting at you from three different directions would simply fuck up the entire team.

You might take a hint and play with a clan.

Indifferent2.gif

spwolf

-viper- said:
I've got a feeling my ps3 is going to die on me soon.. it's overheating i think. the fans are on full blast. :(

need to complete KZ2 Elite ASAP as you can't copy the save file. Just got the Untouchable trophy on normal. Such a short game though.. took me 5h 40mins. :\

clean the damn thing, first vacuum it and see if it improves. Or else, it will certainly die, because your internal fan's air supply is completly blocked with dust and it cant get any air, so it goes full blast all the time, and still does not get any air.

scoobs

spwolf said:
clean the damn thing, first vacuum it and see if it improves. Or else, it will certainly die, because your internal fan's air supply is completly blocked with dust and it cant get any air, so it goes full blast all the time, and still does not get any air.

vacuum it?? I thought vacuum + electronics was a bad idea? How do you do this just curious...

Top Bottom