• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

spwolf

scoobs said:
vacuum it?? I thought vacuum + electronics was a bad idea? How do you do this just curious...

its in your PS3 manual :). Disconect PS3 from power, vacuum through holes at low power.
It might help quite a bit unless dust is all the way inside fan, at which point you will need to open it up and clean it out.

scoobs

oh wow.. i should probably do this soon cuz my room circulates alota dust it seems, my pc is always in need of a cleaning

spwolf

scoobs said:
oh wow.. i should probably do this soon cuz my room circulates alota dust it seems, my pc is always in need of a cleaning

yep. and if you do it before it gets inside the fan casing, then you will be out of the trouble for long time. Only reason PS3 gets loud is the dust inside.

I was playing bodycount on Beachead. The opposing team had throw a spawn grenade inside the pipe area next to the one helghast base. I got stuck next to the spawn grenade with no ammo and no health. I couldn't see anything being near death so I started mashing the melee button. Ended up killing 5 guys without seeing a damn thing. :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I was playing bodycount on Beachead. The opposing team had throw a spawn grenade inside the pipe area next to the one helghast base. I got stuck next to the spawn grenade with no ammo and no health. I couldn't see anything being near death so I started mashing the melee button. Ended up killing 5 guys without seeing a damn thing. :lol
1 of the funniest things is to spawn grenade camp and just melee at the point of the spawning. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Can I get the new clan invite? I stopped playing the game cause I hate playing with nobodies and I want to be up to date :/

PSN: shagg_187

Invite sent.

Also there are outstanding invites for people like chrp and mr nothin.
Indifferent2.gif

-viper-

Banned
spwolf said:
clean the damn thing, first vacuum it and see if it improves. Or else, it will certainly die, because your internal fan's air supply is completly blocked with dust and it cant get any air, so it goes full blast all the time, and still does not get any air.
This is a new refurbished model sent by Sony only 3 months ago. It's been like this since day one. Bloody Sony monkeys.

-viper-

Banned
ARGH WTF THARSIS REFINARY TRAIN LEVEL. FUCKING INFINITELY SPAWNING CUNTS.

Please tell me there aren't any levels harder than this...

I tried this on Veteran and I blew up the tank within seconds. But on Elite? FUCKING HELL.

BeeDog

-viper- said:
ARGH WTF THARSIS REFINARY TRAIN LEVEL. FUCKING INFINITELY SPAWNING CUNTS.

Please tell me there aren't any levels harder than this...

I tried this on Veteran and I blew up the tank within seconds. But on Elite? FUCKING HELL.

Ending levels are much, much harder. Good luck, and take care so your hair won't fall off.

Kittonwy said:
Actually it makes the tactician even more important, you can't just dump a spawn in the middle of the action anymore, you have to take control of the area, place the spawn in the right direction, and DEFEND the spawn. Right now the tactician is totally NOT the job people should dabble in, it's probably the job that has to be taken most seriously in the game.

Now all the stupid fucktards who just throw a spawn callously right in the middle of a firefight facing the wrong direction with everybody shooting at you from three different directions would simply fuck up the entire team.

You might take a hint and play with a clan.

Indifferent2.gif

Was in a game the other day where three spawn points went down in the same area. *facepalm*

You're definitely right on all of what you said, I've been playing as a tactician (now that I'm getting back into playing kz2, heh) and you really have to think about placement and defensibility.

Kittonwy said:
Actually it makes the tactician even more important, you can't just dump a spawn in the middle of the action anymore, you have to take control of the area, place the spawn in the right direction, and DEFEND the spawn. Right now the tactician is totally NOT the job people should dabble in, it's probably the job that has to be taken most seriously in the game.

Now all the stupid fucktards who just throw a spawn callously right in the middle of a firefight facing the wrong direction with everybody shooting at you from three different directions would simply fuck up the entire team.

Indifferent2.gif

I'll give it another try, but for someone who doesn't have the time to dedicate to a clan it's frustrating trying to jump into a game where all the tactical spawn points are in the middle of a base. I'm just saying the change doesn't fit well with everyone.

-viper-

Banned
BeeDog said:
Ending levels are much, much harder. Good luck, and take care so your hair won't fall off.
yay, completed the train section without any problems.

I grabbed the rocket launcher, quickly shot the tank, ran all the way back to the section with the mounted MG, mowed down everyone, went back, shot the tank and repeat. Found it no problem using this tactic. Did it on my first go.

Thrakier

-viper- said:
yay, completed the train section without any problems.

I grabbed the rocket launcher, quickly shot the tank, ran all the way back to the section with the mounted MG, mowed down everyone, went back, shot the tank and repeat. Found it no problem using this tactic. Did it on my first go.

I did it too with this tactic. After I tried it 3 hours long in a different eay.

ultron87

I'm really glad I decided to switch to trooper difficulty for the levels after the refinery. I'm having a much more enjoyable time.

Though my game did freeze as I was heading up to the balcony during the Radec fight. What a terrible time for that to happen.

Kittonwy said:
Let's play tonight motherfuckaz.
KlintIndifference.gif
I'm already on... Working on that damn Air Support badge. There's no one else playing though.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

I am always yelling at people who put up spawns facing the wrong way.. Have they not figured it out by now? Seriously?

Loudninja

polyh3dron said:
I'm already on... Working on that damn Air Support badge. There's no one else playing though.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

I am always yelling at people who put up spawns facing the wrong way.. Have they not figured it out by now? Seriously?

Same with me, also why cant you earn more than one badge of the same type a match?I would have had this badge at least 3 times in one match :(

Kittonwy said:
I'm on motherfuckaz.
KlintIndifference.gif
Oh fuck, the room's full already :(

EDIT: nvm I just got in

edit: i actually didn't get in... let's find a new game. also, kitton is there a GAF KZ2 text chat going on you can invite me to?

Fuck, my PS3 froze just as it the game changed from Body Count to Assassination, when we were destroying them and the other team started dropping out.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
This is why I stopped playing KZ2 online. :(

We did end up finding a room and played a handful of great games. My only problem is when randoms all join our faction when we already got a full clan going and there's nobody on the other side, didn't happen tonight though.
KlintIndifference.gif

icechai

tried to join your squad poly & mhead, but team was full :) luckily joe came and joined me and it was ok hehe. gg, forgot how awesome tactician's little shooter is. Especially with engineers who repair ammo depots around us.

shattyboombatty said:
Is anyone that's playing this (and still reading this thread) using a 500gb drive?

It's been reported in several places that people are having issues with their 500gb drives and this game, I'm just wondering what brands are/aren't having problems.

anyone?

Top Bottom