• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

polyh3dron said:
edit: i actually didn't get in... let's find a new game. also, kitton is there a GAF KZ2 text chat going on you can invite me to?

the room i invited you to yesterday is the GAFe room. Euros hang out there in the day, Americans at night, with some crossover :p I must say I didn't think I'd use this chat thing as much as I have.

With that said, they should allow spectators to join the game if someone leaves, instead of having to quit the game and rejoin (unless i'm missing something here?)

-viper-

Banned
I'm stuck on Visari's Palace, the checkpoint where the ATAC appears, and you have to gun it down, whilst getting shot at the other 50 respawning Helghast. I can kill the ATAC without any problems, but no matter how many Helghast I shoot, they keep coming back. And if I push forward, I always end up dying. wtf.

HELP.

KZ2 Elite has got to be the hardest game I've ever played.

BeeDog

-viper- said:
I'm stuck on Visari's Palace, the checkpoint where the ATAC appears, and you have to gun it down, whilst getting shot at the other 50 respawning Helghast. I can kill the ATAC without any problems, but no matter how many Helghast I shoot, they keep coming back. And if I push forward, I always end up dying. wtf.

HELP.

KZ2 Elite has got to be the hardest game I've ever played.

Shoot down the ATAC, then go ahead. Right before the bigger area comes (with the stairs leading up to the left and right), take cover and kill off a couple of enemies. THEN, dash to the far left and hide behind the huge staircase, since no one can touch you there. When there, go into aiming mode and dare peek out towards the top of the staircase, kill off a couple and push forward onto the staircase. Good luck, since the actual area after this is one of the hardest parts in the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
-viper- said:

HELP.

After you kill the ATAC, go left, kill the HGH on the turret from safe distance, toss a blind grenade ahead and rush forward. Stop behind cover to the left before stairs. Kill some HGHs nearby and get inside. Find some cover in the middle and kill some HGHs. Then, go left. Kill more HGHs and keep advancing. And so on.

Basically, the more you push ahead, the less HGHs you have to fight.

WinFonda

I find the most important thing with KZ2 elite (in the later levels) is to constantly push forward and find cover, even if it looks like a really bad position or even if you think you'll face certain death. Trying to exterminate all the hellghast or lock down a position doesn't work. You can get stuck in a quagmire like situation very quickly.

-viper-

Banned
TTP said:
After you kill the ATAC, go left, kill the HGH on the turret from safe distance, toss a blind grenade ahead and rush forward. Stop behind cover to the left before stairs. Kill some HGHs nearby and get inside. Find some cover in the middle and kill some HGHs. Then, go left. Kill more HGHs and keep advancing. And so on.

Basically, the more you push ahead, the less HGHs you have to fight.
Alright thanks, I'm now in the palace to face Radec and his troops. I hear it's HELL. D:

Any tips? :p

Kittonwy

Banned
-viper- said:
Alright thanks, I'm now in the palace to face Radec and his troops. I hear it's HELL. D:

Use the two rows of cover at the bottom right, as soon as the flamethrower guys show up, retreat back to the palace entrance, take out the flamethrowers, wait for the gates to open, and then melee your way up, killing both flamethrower upstairs, then it's just a combination of trying to be patient and careful not to get yourself killed.
KlintIndifference.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
-viper- said:

Use the knife when they come up to the second floor. And stay away from exploding gas canisters!

Other than this, good luck! :p

-viper-

Banned
This is such a long checkpoint. I was RIGHT TO THE END of this checkpoint (aka the hardest one) with one RPG guy left but some retarded trooper showed up the stairs while I was reloading and shot me. FFS.

I can't get back to that part now. ARGH.

I'm using the knife as much as possible, but it's making me rely on Rico for cover... but the useless cunt is always dying, so I end up getting killed :\

I've tried getting past the checkpoint for almost an hour now. I think I'll take a break and come back later... D:

Doesn't seem impossible though, unlike Visari Palace seemed to be - which I fluked.

icechai

-viper- said:
k I'm fighting Radec now. What gun should I use? I can't seem to kill him.

radec's probably dead by now but if he isn't, i find the assault rifle or lmg work best for me on elite, if you don't spaz out while spinning shotgun is ok, but harder. SMG runs out of bullets too fast.

A.R.K

-viper- said:
Yay, completed Elite Difficulty! :D

Radec was easy to be honest, once I was using the assault rifle instead of the knife.

how??????????????????? I am trying to kill the bastard but keep failing. Tried knife, grenades, rifles, flame thrower, shotgun fucking every thing but he would just kill me finally..FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long it takes to kill the asshole? #%&@(#$&@#$&*@)$#@). What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I loved the SP till the very last moments of this game..now its just fucking ridiculous!

-viper-

Banned
A.R.K said:
how??????????????????? I am trying to kill the bastard but keep failing. Tried knife, grenades, rifles, flame thrower, shotgun fucking every thing but he would just kill me finally..FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long it takes to kill the asshole? #%&@(#$&@#$&*@)$#@). What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I loved the SP till the very last moments of this game..now its just fucking ridiculous!
I just ran downstairs (as there is enough cover for me) and kept shooting him with the Helghast assault rifle. Remember, he always teleports BEHIND you. So turn around as soon as he does that.

Loudninja

A.R.K said:

Ok use the Helghast assault rifle against him, when ever he is not on and shoot him from there.

Really Rico helps here while Radec is focus on shooting the hell out of Rico you can focus on Radec.

Thrakier

I think I killed radec in the first try, he was really easy compared to the hell right before that fight. IT'S STILL HUNTING MY DREAMS, WHEN I THINK OF IT I SHUDDER. :( My trunk is shaking right now. :(

-viper-

Banned
Thrakier said:
I think I killed radec in the first try, he was really easy compared to the hell right before that fight. IT'S STILL HUNTING MY DREAMS, WHEN I THINK OF IT I SHUDDER. :( My trunk is shaking right now. :(
I actually think the hardest section in the game is Visari Palace. I would never want to do that again. Actually, I would never like to do KZ2 elite again D:

A.R.K

Loudninja said:
Ok use the Helghast assault rifle against him, when ever he is not on and shoot him from there.

Really Rico helps here while Radec is focus on shooting the hell out of Rico you can focus on Radec.

alright I will try it again tonight...

Radec!!!!!I am gonna get you, you bastard .. you hear me...you fu#*$&#*$@#$@&*$!!!

Any GAF game tonight? I had fun playing with you guys, though I am not as good as some of the Elites here but I do help in achieving the team goals :)

-viper- said:
I actually think the hardest section in the game is Visari Palace. I would never want to do that again. Actually, I would never like to do KZ2 elite again D:

I would like to do Killzone 2 Elite again if I could do it co op with a friend online or locally, since that ain't gonna happen, then hell no I won't go through Killzone 2 Elite again either.

Kittonwy said:
Either medic or engineer as squad leader is so much better than having a tactician as a squad leader especially since as a tact I usually leverage on squad spawn to get close enough to put a spawn down.
All tacticians on a team should be on the same squad, so they can coordinate their placement. I'd estimate you only need three tacticians at most (two is actually sufficient to run a 16-player side, but you don't want to get caught with one dead at a crucial time), so the leader could always be another more survivable class.

They should have a spawn-reporting tool: if more than three people complain about your spawn placement in a single game, you can't choose tactician anymore. I myself am a pretty good tactician, so coming out of a spawn facing the wrong way drives me up the wall more than it probably should.

And don't get me started on the retards who drop spawns in their own base....

nyong

Banned
Quick question:

How many people are playing this game online still? Like thousands per night with dozens upon dozens of games? Or does it look like the community is starting to taper off a bit? I'm about to head to GameStop. I'm debating picking this one up.

nyong said:
Quick question:

How many people are playing this game online still? Like thousands per night with dozens upon dozens of games? Or does it look like the community is starting to taper off a bit? I'm about to head to GameStop. I'm debating picking this one up.

You'll have no problem finding games to play, when I went for the Top 1% trophy, there was 160k+ people on the weekly leaderboards.

nyong

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
You'll have no problem finding games to play, when I went for the Top 1% trophy, there was 160k+ people on the weekly leaderboards.

Awesome, thanks. See you guys in game in about an hour.

man oh man. Please people add me. Broadbandit.

I just started playing again and holy shit WHY DID I EVER LEAVE?! high precision is awesome too. that is all.

Broadbandit, good games last night. I felt like overall my performance wasn't that great, but teamwork really overcomes that. I played with G-bus from GAFw too--the first guy from my old clan I've seen on in weeks. GAFe is definitely far more active.

I probably need to buy some new maps. I'm not done with the game, but I'm starting to find the layouts and flow of battle a little too predictable. (Though the enemy used an assassination hiding place on Helghast-side Corinth I hadn't seen before. It didn't help, because I ran in there and killed him but hey--points for originality!)

ultron87

So on the subject of Radec, why does it seem like half the time when you're fighting him he is just turning invisible, but then the other half he is teleporting? Because I know on at least a few occasions I hit him by shooting into the general location he had just ported away from.

This all really confused me for awhile because for the rest of the game I had assumed he just had a cloak, because a personal teleporter seemed a bit too hi tech for the rest of the technology showcased during the game. Though I guess the ATACs are pretty crazy too in terms of technology, considering how ridiculously agile they are for a hovering craft.

icechai

Liabe Brave said:
I probably need to buy some new maps. I'm not done with the game, but I'm starting to find the layouts and flow of battle a little too predictable. (Though the enemy used an assassination hiding place on Helghast-side Corinth I hadn't seen before. It didn't help, because I ran in there and killed him but hey--points for originality!)

played a damn fun round of the nuke map yesterday with mhead, bajan and aj (just cuz AJ never plays at the same time as I do he accuses me of not playing with the clan anymore pffffttttt). People actually didn't use assault a lot as FF was turned on which was nice to see.

The nukes really make a fun dynamic in the s&d missions, you're defending, but then everyone has to run for cover as smoke spills into the area, and just as I was 1 step from being indoors when BOOM... :( Our team was great but we really sucked at staying alive and not getting nuked :p Also its a nice big level which I tend to prefer as I like playing 16+ player games.

icechai

ultron87 said:
So on the subject of Radec, why does it seem like half the time when you're fighting him he is just turning invisible, but then the other half he is teleporting? Because I know on at least a few occasions I hit him by shooting into the general location he had just ported away from.

Radec is tricky. Also it seems he gets all the nice tech, its not like any other Helghast has a cloaking / teleporting device... although that could definitely be an awesome enemy type in KZ3 (but some thing like a red glow from their eyes as well as the camo effect when they move so they aren't cheap)

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
OK. Pyrhus Rise. Tied 3-3, with Search & Retrieve going on. My dumbass teammate picks up the speaker and proceeds to run over to their delivery point, which I am guarding. Dumbass gets killed, other team picks up speaker, places it, we lose.
http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6335299&kz_file_id=6383164
3 minutes mark on the last mission. ErocB is the dumbass.

Thank god I wuzn't there, or I woulda cuss that sob out and tell him to go fuck himself in teh ass.
KlintIndifference.gif

S&D defend: Why were your team so spread out to the left side? There were at most like two guys protecting the target, the target was the most important thing and everybody were just spread out getting kills. LOSE

C&H: Instead of amassing near the target, three or four guys were hanging around the old S&D target spot SNIPING. Not sure how you guys managed to pull it off but WIN.

Assassination defend: Instead of guarding the choke points, a third of your team were trying to get kills all the way on the other side of the map. LOSE.

S&D attack: Three to four people on your team just hung back doing nothing. WAY TOO MANY SNIPERS. You don't need that many. Good rush at the end to WIN.

S&R: #21 was a FUCKING IDIOT. Why the FUCK would someone with a target CHASE AROUND AN ENEMY TO GET THAT ONE FUCKING KILL AND FUCK UP THE ENTIRE TEAM.

Overall a badly co-ordinated team and people were just out to get kills. This is why you have teams with people just kind of fuck around losing to teams that have four fucking engineers planting targets and bots at all the key bots because the winning team simply isn't there to fuck around.

KlintIndifference.gif

Sounds like you guys are having some great games. I'm freaking exhausted these days though(transferring from old job to new one) and trying to find an apartment lol.

I'll try and jump back on tonight though. I know that may intimidate some of you to not show up due to my skills and all, but I'll go easy on you all :p

ultron87 said:
So on the subject of Radec, why does it seem like half the time when you're fighting him he is just turning invisible, but then the other half he is teleporting?
I'm pretty sure it's just cloaking. During the early part of the fight you can shoot him from a distance, and he tracks just like any other enemy. (It doesn't help to do this since you have to eliminate his support first, but you can.) I think he just moves real fast, and his cloak is 2.0 since he's totally invisible even when moving.

Of course, in reality Guerrilla might've shortcutted and blipped him around, but I think "in-canon" he's just supposed to be moving around invisibly.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Alright, finally finished Wolverine and don't feel like starting FN4 just yet. Time to hop back on the KZ2 online train...

The racism from online players is just DISGUSTING. I mute them, but these are full grown redneck men with their heavy accents using the N word; laughing it up.

I really wish GG would do something about them.

Pallaris

shattyboombatty said:
If anyone's got an upgraded HDD, what size have you got?

I'm trying to find out if there's any 500GB drives that work correctly with this game.

huh? is this some weirdness I should know about? (planning to upgrade drive soon)

Sorry guys, just trued to play and found out that Killzone 2 doesn't scale very well to 480i with half the screen missing lol. I can't use my regular set due to family stuff so...yeah. Seemed like a great game though! I think I killed Lyulf or was it Poly?(You can't read text in that resolution lol) a couple times.

See you guys soon.

Bajan32

Gg as always guys.. Haven't played medic in ages, running around yelling don't diet yet!!!!!

O cool Safe Bet didn't know you were a gaffer.. Join the clan and play with us you'll have tons more fun. I saw by your rank you were kind of new. Dun let the guys get to ya =)....

Esp. Lyulf.. You see him just throw your gun at him lol

TheFatOne

CrushDance said:
Sorry guys, just trued to play and found out that Killzone 2 doesn't scale very well to 480i with half the screen missing lol. I can't use my regular set due to family stuff so...yeah. Seemed like a great game though! I think I killed Lyulf or was it Poly?(You can't read text in that resolution lol) a couple times.

See you guys soon.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Joke of the century

Bajan32 said:
Gg as always guys.. Haven't played medic in ages, running around yelling don't diet yet!!!!!

O cool Safe Bet didn't know you were a gaffer.. Join the clan and play with us you'll have tons more fun. I saw by your rank you were kind of new. Dun let the guys get to ya =)....

Esp. Lyulf.. You see him just throw your gun at him lol

That guy is a beast. Good games until I got booted. Fuck GG and this network error bullshit. BTW that ninja guy :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom