• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

In this time of great travail, it behooves all right-thinking men to stand together with one voice, one vision, one purpose. It is therefore with the greatest regret that I come before you today to apologize--sincerely, deeply, from the utmost wellspring of my being--for shooting so many of my teammates in the head.

Seriously, sorry. There was one game where I had six (!) team kills. After that I was much more careful and dropped to zero, but whew I was doing bad at first.

First time I've played with so many GAFers at once, and it was great fun. Lyulf's hot-shit posturing was pretty darn amusing; I bet it pisses off lots of folks!

icechai

Liabe Brave said:
In this time of great travail, it behooves all right-thinking men to stand together with one voice, one vision, one purpose. It is therefore with the greatest regret that I come before you today to apologize--sincerely, deeply, from the utmost wellspring of my being--for shooting so many of my teammates in the head.

Seriously, sorry. There was one game where I had six (!) team kills. After that I was much more careful and dropped to zero, but whew I was doing bad at first.

First time I've played with so many GAFers at once, and it was great fun. Lyulf's hot-shit posturing was pretty darn amusing; I bet it pisses off lots of folks!

6 team kills bah, I had -21 last night :p although I revived 60% of my kills... heheh

TheFatOne

Liabe Brave said:

The funny thing is 70% of the time I'm making fun of my own team, and the other team still get pissed off.

TheFatOne said:
The funny thing is 70% of the time I'm making fun of my own team, and the other team still get pissed off.
Yeah, I liked when you and AJ were all "GAFe sucks!" and the other guys on your side were joining in. People take things too seriously.

kitch9

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
The racism from online players is just DISGUSTING. I mute them, but these are full grown redneck men with their heavy accents using the N word; laughing it up.

I really wish GG would do something about them.

Yes, GG should be da internetz pow-lice.....

kitch9 said:
Yes, GG should be da internetz pow-lice.....
Well, they should be, but not if all he's going to do is mute them. He should report them, using the reporting tool that's actually in there. I actually haven't heard any racist stuff in Killzone 2, but I reported every single player like that in the first Resistance back when I played that.

Kittonwy

Banned
Loudninja said:
So who is playing tonight?

I'll play when I get home tonight, not sure when though, probably after eleven.
KlintIndifference.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm on now for a few hours maybe, I'm liking the multi much more than the single player. Guess it feels better when you know that guy you killed is a real person, probally slamming the controller down in anger.

Anyone willing to help a scrub look around this game killing fields?

Had an interesting time when I killed some dude with melee and he went to the floor in the stagger, can be revived by medic state, he had just killed some guy too and was in the same animation, the twi dude were hugging each other, rolling around in each other's deathly arms, until the guy I nailed fell off the edge of the walkway.

Just quality.

Pallaris said:
huh? is this some weirdness I should know about? (planning to upgrade drive soon)

Yes, there are certain drives that do not work well with KZ2. It's probably more like an issue with those drives and the PS3 itself, but the only game I've had problems with is KZ2.

What size upgraded drives are you people using?

Could GG please put in a loading screen that explains how spawngrenades work. Spawning facing a wall was fun for a while but it has kind of lost its charm.

No45

shattyboombatty said:
Yes, there are certain drives that do not work well with KZ2. It's probably more like an issue with those drives and the PS3 itself, but the only game I've had problems with is KZ2.

What size upgraded drives are you people using?
I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought (Got it a while back) and I haven't noticed any problems. What kind of problems are people having?

Kittonwy

Banned
Tenkai Star said:
Could GG please put in a loading screen that explains how spawngrenades work. Spawning facing a wall was fun for a while but it has kind of lost its charm.

Spawn direction is not random, people spawn facing you when you throw a spawn, everytime, so basically when you want a spawn facing a certain direction, you need to turn around with your back facing that direction and place the spawn.

borsdy

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Spawn direction is not random, people spawn facing you when you throw a spawn, everytime, so basically when you want a spawn facing a certain direction, you need to turn around with your back facing that direction and place the spawn.
I think he knows that already.

Dibbz

Was just comparing my friends KZ2 trophies to mine when I noticed a bunch of new trophies that have been added which were not to do with the 2 map packs.

I can't compare trophies atm keeps giving me errors but one I can remember was:

Kill 10 enemies with the flamethrower on Suljeva Cliffside

Did I miss an announcmend of a new game mode or something? Sounds like it's releated to SP rather than MP unless there is some sort of Horde mode coming to MP.

Dibbz

More DLC? I hate to say this but they really need to put a hold on the DLC, at least until they sort the damn lobby system out. I have no idea which maps are in rotation in any of the rooms until I join them.

DLC just dies after 1 week becuas of the shitty lobby and search filters.

-viper-

Banned
Dibbz said:
More DLC? I hate to say this but they really need to put a hold on the DLC, at least until they sort the damn lobby system out. I have no idea which maps are in rotation in any of the rooms until I join them.

DLC just dies after 1 week becuas of the shitty lobby and search filters.
Apparently they're going to sort out that and let us view game info before joining, in the next patch.

WinFonda

-viper- said:
DLC incoming.

Suljeva Cliffside - includes Flamethrower
Arctower something - includes Boltgun
That is awesome - two of the best guns in the game. All that remains now is the lightning gun. Would be cool to see that included with some sort of VIP/King of the Hill mode.

Thrakier

SP-COOP DLC would be so awesome. It would force FFO to buy a new PS3 NAOW! :D

Obviously it would be also great to split the community even more with another 2 maps map pack in just...6 months? :D

-viper-

Banned
Thrakier said:
SP-COOP DLC would be so awesome. It would force FFO to buy a new PS3 NAOW! :D

Obviously it would be also great to split the community even more with another 2 maps map pack in just...6 months? :D
There were only 130k players last week. The KZ2 community is rapidly dying :(

icechai

3 sets of dlc kinda splits the community a bit. Hope they fix all the server and UI stuff ASAP so people might actually want to buy the other 2 dlc and join their friends (i'm looking at you joe!) :p

Kuroyume said:
They ruined the game with that last patch.
its a love hate thing I think. A lot of people I play with absolutely love it (dumbass tacticians aside). But I do hear a bunch of people here and in the official forums really hating on non invincible spawn points.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
icechai said:
3 sets of dlc kinda splits the community a bit. Hope they fix all the server and UI stuff ASAP so people might actually want to buy the other 2 dlc and join their friends (i'm looking at you joe!) :p

Hey I'd buy it if people were actually playing it and it wasn't so rape-time priced. Now they're giving us even more DLC which no one will play. I bought the first pack and it died after the first week.

If I can find a few people to split the price with (US accounts, as I don't think DLC is region free), then I'd get it.

Dibbz

People don't play the DLC maps because people can't join if they don't have the pack and people can't see what maps are in rotation.

You should be able to see map rotations in the server list and people without the map packs should be able to play in the server until the new maps begin.

100k+ aint to bad for online is it? I'm pretty sure Socom has way less than that and that is going really strong.

No45 said:
I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought (Got it a while back) and I haven't noticed any problems. What kind of problems are people having?

Mostly the issues have to do with tons of audio skipping. Here you go:

shattyboombatty said:
Be careful when getting a 500gb drive if you plan on playing KZ2... apparently there are issues either with the way that game caches data, or how ps3 handles the specific drives.

Notes here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360704 (post 26 has specific details)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48477774&pid=928377

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=221542&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Suljeva Conqueror
Win a round with a minimum of 5 mission wins in Suljeva Cliffside
Suljeva Killer
Kill 50 enemies in one round in Suljeva Cliffside
Boltgun Monkey
Kill 10 enemies in one round using the Boltgun in Arctower Landing
Boltgun Junkie
Kill 20 enemies in one round using the Boltgun in Arctower Landing
Arctower Conqueror
Win a round with a minimum of 5 mission wins in Arctower Landing
Arctower Killer
Kill 50 enemies in one round in Arctower Landing

I've wanted them to add Suljeva Village for awhile now.

Well, that clinches it. I'm going to wait until they bundle all these maps together before I buy them. I pretty much want to play them all, but $18 is too much to spend.

Arctower Landing seems an odd choice though...Visari Hammer is already set in the arctower area from singleplayer. I would've expected something in the Maelstra Barrens area instead.

Thrakier

-viper- said:
There were only 130k players last week. The KZ2 community is rapidly dying :(

Uhm...it's like around that number for the past weeks or not? It declined very strong in the beginning but I guess it will be around 100k till KZ3. It's not like the MP has nothing to offer despite some issues.

Liabe Brave said:
Arctower Landing seems an odd choice though...Visari Hammer is already set in the arctower area from singleplayer. I would've expected something in the Maelstra Barrens area instead.

I think there basing the map around Blood Meridian. With the big square and Arc tower up on the hill.

Liabe Brave said:
Well, that clinches it. I'm going to wait until they bundle all these maps together before I buy them. I pretty much want to play them all, but $18 is too much to spend.

Same here and when they bundle it, we can be pretty sure they're done with the DLC for the game.

Thrakier said:
Uhm...it's like around that number for the past weeks or not? It declined very strong in the beginning but I guess it will be around 100k till KZ3. It's not like the MP has nothing to offer despite some issues.

You never know, it could get a boost when the slim comes out or the price drops or that best buy sales might give it a little boost as well

beast786 said:
Link?

O_0

I just checked my trophies on the playstation site and it's there.

Top Bottom