• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
I wuz on, played for a couple of hourz, pwned some foolz but u guys were like playin battlefailed or whatnot.
KlintIndifference.gif

Traitorz!!11!

I wish I could play Battlefield :(

YoungHav

Banned
Bolt Gun and Flamethrower will be 2-3 more months of whining about balancing issues. As if we didn't get that enough with this game.

Facism

more dlc :lol

Suppose you have to keep releasing content when each mappack stops being played after one week. keep things fresh and and the community segregated.

pixelbox

The more i look at the trophies, thee more i believe there's some coop element to it. It doesn't even follow the trophy list pattern of the other two packs. And killing fifty people in a round is not one to be achieved by many. That is, if they encourage spamming spawn points. COD has had success so i can't see why it would hurt.

KZObsessed

Patch 1.28 Details

On Tuesday, June 14th 2009 at 8AM Greenwich Mean Time, Guerrilla Games will release the 10th update for the visceral shooter, Killzone 2.

Patch 1.28 will be 91MB in size (316MB for Asian release) and will be released worldwide simultaneously pending a server update. There will be an anticipated server down-time of about 2 hours while the patch is rolled out and the server updates are completed and tested. The following fixes and features are included in this latest release:

* Feature - Code support for DLC pack III “Napalm & Cordite”. The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps “Suljeva Cliffside” and “Arctower Landing”
* Feature - Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
* Trophies – New trophies added for DLC pack III “Napalm and Cordite”.
* Feature - Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.

* Feature - Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
* Feature - Moderators can now create double-points events.
* Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
* New loading screens.
* Moderation – Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
* Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
* Fix for score replication on different clients.
* Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a ‘Draw’.
* Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
* Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
* ‘High Precision Mode’ now defaulting when requested.
* Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
* Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
* Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
* Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when ‘Join Friend’ via Communications tab.
* Exploit – Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
* Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
* Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
* Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
* Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
* Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
* Collection of minor code fixes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...-cordite-and-flames-and-bolts/#comment-242071

KZObsessed

pixelbox said:
The more i look at the trophies, thee more i believe there's some coop element to it. It doesn't even follow the trophy list pattern of the other two packs. And killing fifty people in a round is not one to be achieved by many. That is, if they encourage spamming spawn points. COD has had success so i can't see why it would hurt.

I'm assuming they mean in one game. 50 kills in a Warzone game is no problem.

-viper-

Banned
These constant gameplay changes are really beginning to bug me..

I really hope KZ3 isn't constantly updated like this. They've developed KZ2 for 4 years and I can't believe the multiplayer still needs 'fixing'. What the hell was that beta for?

pixelbox

-viper- said:

I really hope KZ3 isn't constantly updated like this. They've developed KZ2 for 4 years and I can't believe the multiplayer still needs 'fixing'. What the hell was that beta for?
To be fair, engine work started in 2006. But yea, please stop with the gameplay tweaks. Add for now on.

Kittonwy

Banned
-viper- said:

It takes time to figure out what works and what doesn't, for KZ2 there have been a ton of minor tweaks to try to make everyone happy, to me the game already plays extremely well even during the beta, airbot kills were really hard to come by until after the tweak when they basically became lethal, it's not easy to find a medium.

womfalcs3

Banned
Not buying maps, but the new join screen is great. Looking forward to it.

Insane Metal said:
How are the sales figures for KZ2 so far?

There are 1.3 million players on the leaderboard. You can deduce something from that I guess.

New patch details are awesome. Im really glad I got back into this game recently. I just bought the new maps and will buy these too :D

add me to play some games

PSN: Broadbandit

carlosp said:
the game deserve at leat 5mio sales :( they are ssoo far away and will never reach i guess. I think 3 mio. is possible LTD.

it does deserve more. You would think an exclusive fps would do wonders for sony.

Well at least the numbers will go up with the bundle :lol

Patch sounds fantastic, but I can't buy this map-pack since I haven't bought any of them yet and thats going to be like £15+ for 6 maps when theres no doubt another 2 on the way to make it £20. I hope they announce a full bundle of all the maps at that point, because thats the only way most of the community is going to jump on and keep playing them all.

8 maps for £10-£12 would be agreeable to me.

Either way, new patch is everything I wanted fixed.

icechai

woah woah woah!!! everything we asked for and more!

I really don't mind patches at all, especially when it coincides with new DLC. I think an online game should always be evolving (think MMOs). FPS is no different, otherwise things get stagnant. Anyone play Counter-strike and remember all the changes? Yes there was a ton, and yes it made for a better game. Also it made it exciting to try out new stuff every couple months.

Air sentry bots toned down damage, as long as its stronger than pre 1.27, should be good. Medic gun blast finally going to look good? Hope it doesn't affect the framerate hah. Improved network performance = less lag, always a good thing.

What is a online moderator? Is it someone who can pop in games and ban people and random stuff like that? They can now create double point events, what does that entail? Awesomeness like - Kittonwy is on a 10 kill streak, double points for killing him? :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cool killzone.com updates as well

* Feature - Tournaments - Full tournament functionality enabled once again.
* Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in a clan’s calendar.
* Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in My Killzone upcoming events.
* Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in clan communication center.
* Feature - Tournament and Clan Challenge support for DLC Pack III “Napalm & Cordite”.
* Feature - Additions of sounds in Battle Replays.
* Feature - Additional animations in Battle Replays.

* PlayStation®3 landing page updated.
* Higher selectable Bodycount values when creating Tournaments or Clan Challenges via www.Killzone.com.
* Various bug-fixes and minor updates.

But did they fix the BR in the first place? :p

Oh, I read it that Sentry meant the turrets, not the air-bots. I thought the air-bots had reached a level of usefulness but the ground turrets had their health and power raised way too high. Bummer if its both of them :(

Mister D

Are people playing the new maps. I stopped playing this game to get into Red Faction: Guerrilla and now I'm playing BF1943 at the same time. Back when I was playing KZ2 most of the games I was playing didn't have the cruiser and train maps in the rotation unless I just played those two maps the whole time. This got boring since if I found a good group of players and wanted to stick with them, it would just be the two maps being rotated. I didn't get the last map pack so I don't know if the situation was different with that one. If people are playing them in the rotation with the old maps as well, I might have to break down and get both packs especially with the new search options.

A.R.K

-viper- said:

I think GG is trying to please the whinners too much. They are being critized for pleasing the fans now. They should stop listening to all the little whinning posted on the boards I guess. The game plays really good after the last tweaks.

Its like damned if you do, damned if you don't . Give them a fucking break.

Feature - Additions of sounds in Battle Replays.
Feature - Additional animations in Battle Replays.

Thats awesome!! Really wish KZ2 had replay like the one they are doing for UC2. Well may be KZ3 will have it :).

Also GG/Sony plz do a $9.99 deal for a week for the all the map packs to reunite the community!

Kittonwy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Maybe for you that's not a problem...

It's not a problem during long games, especially when you're playing with a good team against randoms, it's like shooting fishes in a barrel with a pew pew rifle.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fuck yes to reduced airbot damage. It was fine when it first came out, but all the trophy whores complained.
Fuck yes to new loading screens (better be spawn grenade use)
Fuck yes to performace increases (no lag???)
Fuck yes to new game search

Eh to new maps (make them free dammit and people may actually play them. At least fix it so you can join a game (and become a spectator) if you haven't bought them.

They still need to fix the way "kills" get counted in game. 2 points for headshots and 1 point for bot kills completely screws up how many actual kills you have in game. Those extra points should be mission points, not kills. Bizarrely, the stats are correct on the battle replays (when they work).

RavenFox

Banned
-viper- said:

I agree with this

Zen

Banned
I'll probably put Killzone 2 back in once the new patch hits. I like the look of the snow level, I just wish they delivered the DLC for free!

shattyboombatty said:
Yes, there are certain drives that do not work well with KZ2. It's probably more like an issue with those drives and the PS3 itself, but the only game I've had problems with is KZ2.

What size upgraded drives are you people using?

anyone?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I wonder if those detailed game info will be mirrored as filters options as well. It's cool to be able to check what a given game is all about, but having to do so for every single game that pops up on the list until you find the one that pleases you might end up being too much of a hassle.

Am I being anal enough? :p

Top Bottom