• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
A.R.K said:
But the games were fucking too long!!!! Each objective should not be 20 mins long :/

Those were pretty long games, we were racking up so many kills and destroying the other team, it was fun.
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pixelbox said:
The assult class IMO was countered by the bots right? What's gonna counter them now that the bot are back to they were pre-1.27? That is unless i've misunderstood patch details.

They are not back to what they were pre-1.27.

From the SCEA Blog comments section

- Scaled back sentry bots? Like in between where they were originally and where they are now, or back to where they were originally?

David Bull replied on July 10, 2009 at 1:56 pm
- In between.

pixelbox said:
What do you mean by damage? Damage dealt or health of the bots?

The answer is before your eyes :p
Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.

Wollan

Played some KZ2 again today. The game looks ridiculous, ridiculous. It's the best looking game I've ever witnessed ever. Sad tears in November when it's still a head above Uncharted 2 visuals...etc. Not that people should fight. I also didn't remember the game being so smooth running. Aaahh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Played some KZ2 again today. The game looks ridiculous, ridiculous. It's the best looking game I've ever witnessed ever. Sad tears in November when it's still a head above Uncharted 2 visuals...etc. Not that people should fight. I also didn't remember the game being so smooth running. Aaahh.

I hear you man. That's the same reaction I get every time I fire it up. Last time was on Map pack 2 release. Next one will be on 1.28 patch release (not gonna buy the DLC this time - I can barely find a match going on maps I already purchased).

Going from BF1943 to Killzone 2 will feel like time traveling 5 yrs in the future :lol

TTP said:
I hear you man. That's the same reaction I get every time I fire it up. Last time was on Map pack 2 release. Next one will be on 1.28 patch release (not gonna buy the DLC this time - I can barely find a match going on maps I already purchased).

Going from BF1943 to Killzone 2 will feel like time traveling 5 yrs in the future :lol

Same problem here, I just got a new Bulb in my DLP TV and this game looks stunning.

Shearie

I miss this game so much! I often sell my games to get new games because I'm constantly broke and back when this game came out, I thought the MP was great but a little too unbalanced, but I like what GG have been doing with the patches and the map packs. As soon as I get some extra cash, I think I might re-buy this game.

TTP said:

Yep ...can't wait to get my household goods back next week as I haven't been able to play online in months =(

YoungHav

Banned
CrushDance said:
Killzone is fucked. Guerrilla should have stuck with their guns and did what they felt was right for this game and taking into consideration user complaints and suggestions for Killzone 3.....
Amen. It all went downhill for me after they changed the controls the 1st time. Hahahaha I'm going to download the demo again just to get that original "weight" back. There's something wrong with this game that stops it from being elite. Whether the people I play with are good or not, I have fun playing Cod4, Warhawk etc... This game turns to shit when playing with wack ass gamers. I haven't touched this since April (Blu-Ray drive died), so I'm hoping with all the patches since then the game is more enjoyable. I hate the DLC rape going on though, shame on GG for putting only 8 maps in MP (a bit lazy that some of them are straight lifted out of the SP campaign too).

KZObsessed

A.R.K said:
When the beta was going on, there were so many GAFers, praising KZ2 and claiming it to be the next best thing since whatever. And now those same guys are no where to be found. Except for kittonwy and few others I hardly see any of the ones who were singing the song of KZ2 in the beta thread. And biggest cullprit of all is Wollan!!! His name is in the game for God's sake! And I have never seen him playing KZ2 ever!! or even checking-in in this thread any more :lol. Why??? What happened to you guys???

I love this game despite its few problems but its not a disaster as many of you claim now.

Helloooo! HELLOOO!

Hola!

I'd still be riding kittonwy into battle if I could :(

thuway

Wollan said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. :lol Uncharted 2 has yet to reach the polish stage, imagine that game has one or two more paint jobs underneath the hood. Non-Ps3 owner's tears will flow.

KZObsessed

It looks like all the classes will be able to use the flamethrower and bolt gun hmmm.

Guess these new maps are just gonna be for a bit of crazy fun rather than serious clan play.

Kittonwy

Banned
YoungHav said:
Amen. It all went downhill for me after they changed the controls the 1st time. Hahahaha I'm going to download the demo again just to get that original "weight" back. There's something wrong with this game that stops it from being elite. Whether the people I play with are good or not, I have fun playing Cod4, Warhawk etc... This game turns to shit when playing with wack ass gamers. I haven't touched this since April (Blu-Ray drive died), so I'm hoping with all the patches since then the game is more enjoyable. I hate the DLC rape going on though, shame on GG for putting only 8 maps in MP (a bit lazy that some of them are straight lifted out of the SP campaign too).

The weight is still very much there, I still find compared to other games I have to plan my movement and aiming ahead a bit, and you don't have to use the high precision controls if you don't like it.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
It looks like all the classes will be able to use the flamethrower and bolt gun hmmm.

Guess these new maps are just gonna be for a bit of crazy fun rather than serious clan play.

Well, in theme with the first 2 map packs. Wasteland bullet is a gimmick map, PoS rise Ver 2 has that blast every 5 minutes.

Thrakier

I love the blast! Great fun everytime. :D It brings some more dynamic to the battler especially if it's somewhat stuck in search and destroy.

pixelbox

TTP said:
They are not back to what they were pre-1.27.
From the SCEA Blog comments section

The answer is before your eyes :p
Yea saw that earlier, but thanks. But i still have a problem with the assult's balance. What's gonna stop them from spamming the RL's now? So anyway, what i get from that is they are either less accurate or bullets do less damage which the former seems to be the case since GG stated they haven't altered damage from bullets in 1.27.

Firewire

Banned
So the new weapons and 2 new maps are confirmed?

Anyways hope some of you are on tonight, playing with noobs alone is pretty frustrating.

Zen

Banned
pixelbox said:
The assult class IMO was countered by the bots right? What's gonna counter them now that the bot are back to they were pre-1.27? That is unless i've misunderstood patch details. What do you mean by damage? Damage dealt or health of the bots? Were you referring to both types of bots?

Although the Assault class still has the reduced health and it really seems like regular turrets were more powerful with the last patch that first tweaked the airbots et all, or maybe it was just improved netcode or whatnot making the turrets more effective.

Kittonwy

Banned
Thrakier said:
I love the blast! Great fun everytime. :D It brings some more dynamic to the battler especially if it's somewhat stuck in search and destroy.

It's fun to watch people scramble for cover whenever the siren starts.
Indifferent2.gif

pixelbox

Zen said:
Although the Assault class still has the reduced health and it really seems like regular turrets were more powerful with the last patch that first tweaked the airbots et all, or maybe it was just improved netcode or whatnot making the turrets more effective.
Netcode would certainly be a candidate here because after 1.27 things played a little smoother with crosshair to shot connection. Seems like they're trying to strike for a happy medium here. Damage either meaning per bullet or accuracy reduction. Hmmmm.

Thrakier

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah and I love it when either a) a helghast/ISA runs in a room full of ISA/higs or b) when someone is running to the safe zone and the bomb goes of just one meter before he gets in. :D Hilarious!

mr_nothin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Its fun trying to hurry up and scramble back to the S&D objective and setup turrets and throw down spawn grenades and gain control over the area so you can plant the c4
:lol
I love how dynamic it feels.

Facism

Thrakier said:

I like it too, it's just not something that would be welcome in a competitive game :p

Shame nobody plays the map anymore, i liked how the action boiled up in the center of the map.

patsu

Thrakier said:
Yeah and I love it when either a) a helghast/ISA runs in a room full of ISA/higs or b) when someone is running to the safe zone and the bomb goes of just one meter before he gets in. :D Hilarious!

I love playing as Saboteur in Southern Hills. It gets pretty confusing in the central platform and in the rooms.

I have seen someone run into the enemy's base when the blast is about to go off. I mean why bother, there are usually tons of people waiting behind the storm shield. Needless to say, he got served as dinner.

Where's the photomode and co-op for single player?

I stopped playing the online mode after I unlocked all the classes, give me a reason to put the game back in my PS3, Guerrilla.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Where's the AI and Damage for gameplay?

I stopped playing the online mode after I lost all my races, give me a reason to put the game back in my PS3, Polyphony Digital.
Did a little repair for u.

Facism

-viper- said:
well that hardly matters now, since no one plays clan games anymore. :(

Well, Raist is busy, FFO has no PS3, Lince is on holiday, Rick has better things to do and paid DLC soured my taste for KZ2.

Overpriced, dire maps that stopped me playing with you guys because i can't join a stock map when DLC is in rotation. 2 maps should never be more than 10% of the price i paid for the game. Total bullshit, costs blah blah weak excuses.

icechai

patsu said:
I have seen someone run into the enemy's base when the blast is about to go off. I mean why bother, there are usually tons of people waiting behind the storm shield. Needless to say, he got served as dinner.

well if they're all running in there and you're behind me, let some grenades fly and watch them panic :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Facism said:
I like it too, it's just not something that would be welcome in a competitive game :p

Shame nobody plays the map anymore, i liked how the action boiled up in the center of the map.

Some of us just played it tonight, fun times.
Indifferent2.gif

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Anyone know if they will have vehicle enabled levels in the future? I just got done playing through the mech portion of the single player once again, and it just seems like such a waste that that is the only time you will jump behind the helm of one of those things.

Dunebuggys, mechs, and tanks need a map of their own. What are they waiting for?

patsu

icechai said:
well if they're all running in there and you're behind me, let some grenades fly and watch them panic :)

Nah.. there are plenty of room behind to get away from the nade. Would be fun to watch though.

lolol, just played a game on southern hills. (side note, sick of fucking team stacking on ps3 online, ridiculous and especially on this game). the game was like 4 on 9 or 10. And im fucking around and get all the trophies for the map. was like 25-20. ended up going 106 and like 55. their team was stacked until i got till about 85 kills too. some guy get tea bagging me and in return i ended up killing him a lot!

RockStizzarr

Neo Member
I just popped this game in again since it's launch week. It was nice to come back to a PS3 game and still see that it has a giant community still playing. Although, I bought both map packs and can't seem to ever find a game that is running them. I think I'll pass on the new DLC.

borsdy

Banned
RockStizzarr said:
It was nice to come back to a PS3 game and still see that it has a giant community still playing. Although, I bought both map packs and can't seem to ever find a game that is running them.
It is because server hosts are taking DLC off map rotation, the game has this issue where people who don't own anything else outside the stock maps gets locked out... Even if the map playing isn't part of any DLC.

I hope they will fix this problem in the next update.

RockStizzarr said:
I just popped this game in again since it's launch week. It was nice to come back to a PS3 game and still see that it has a giant community still playing. Although, I bought both map packs and can't seem to ever find a game that is running them. I think I'll pass on the new DLC.

just search for the map. i normally find 1-5 servers playing each map. i just bought the packs this week as well

RockStizzarr

Neo Member
Broadbandito said:
just search for the map. i normally find 1-5 servers playing each map. i just bought the packs this week as well
Yeah, I turned off the option to search for players with my rank only and I found a decent amount of servers playing the maps.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone who doesn't have the new maps; if I can get 3-5 people together and split the cost with a share group, interested? Personally, I only have the first pack, but would like to pick up the second and the new one. PM me (usa copies of the game).

YagizY

Finally beat the last boss, I was playing on Normal difficulty. I almost rage quitted. That last boss battle was really annoying.

BTW I suck at games.

Top Bottom