• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
YagizY said:
Finally beat the last boss, I was playing on Normal difficulty. I almost rage quitted. That last boss battle was really annoying.

BTW I suck at games.
Yeah, tell me about it. Your team mates, and companions are completely useless meat shields. No wonder the ISA is getting their as kicked.

Vitten

YagizY said:
Finally beat the last boss, I was playing on Normal difficulty. I almost rage quitted. That last boss battle was really annoying.

BTW I suck at games.

The boss hismelf is easy, just stand still in one of the top corners and slash him with your knife when he comes at you, then snipe him when he starts shooting from a distance. It's the diferent waves of his bodyguards just before which are so hard.. Try it on Elite and you WILL go insane.

Kittonwy

Banned
Topher said:
Yeah, tell me about it. Your team mates, and companions are completely useless meat shields. No wonder the ISA is getting their as kicked.

Well most of the time you are significantly out-numbered.
Indifferent2.gif

U in teh clan? Wutz ur psn.

Can I get in on this. I wanna shoot some fools.

psn: Rated-rsuperstar

Kinda random but I was looking at my clone trooper figures today and was wondering why Killzone still doesn't have an action figure line. Gears has one and so does Halo. Why not Killzone? The Helghast are pretty much the ultimate action figure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
epic comeback.

Still need 2-3 more people for map sharing. PM if interested. Would be <$2 per person/per pack.

dazed808

alr1ghtstart said:
epic comeback.

Still need 2-3 more people for map sharing. PM if interested.

If that was the game I was in with you guys - fair play!, our team were getting hammered before you and Jardel showed. I got d'ced an hour into it and gave up in frustration after a couple of unsuccessful rejoin attempts.

JardeL

alr1ghtstart said:
epic comeback.
YES!!!

I feel sorry for you Rick , you missed the best part of the one of the best matches I've ever played...

Finished at top with 573 points , which is my best so far :lol...

KZObsessed

Broadbandito said:
does gafe actually play clan matcheS?

We've played a loooooooooot of clan games. Just now the Euro side has gone quiet. Raist has been busy becoming a Doctorb, Lince is on holiday and now riddled with syphilis, my PS3 has died so I wont be back for a few months, and Cagen has, well, gone. </3 Rick was still playing but I think he's busier these days. Seph's PS3 has died also.

So if you guys want to play some clan games, someone take charge and organise some. Check out the tournaments page in the game, find a tournament that has the settings you like and post the details here and in the online section thread. Get people to sign up for it here and then join the tournament. Check out how we handled it in the online section thread and always join the GAFe PS3 chat room when you play. And enjoy!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
YagizY said:

BTW I suck at games.

Haha, I had a lot of trouble with the last battle too, not because of Radec though, he's pretty easy as long as you stick your back to a wall. It's those damn rocket launcher guys. *shakes fists*

agaru

Got my 100k commander-in-chief rank yesterday! Such a long road! :D

Also, this is my first post ever on NeoGAF! It feels so good. Hi guys! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
agaru said:

Hi man, congratulations.
And welcome to NeoGAF!

dazed808

agaru said:

Congrats on yer 100k & the breaking of your Gaf hymen.
If you don't have a clan apply to join GAfe as we need as many regular players as poss. I'd send an invite but I've been striped of that privileged position (Thanks for that btw Raist)
FFObsessed said:
</3 Rick was still playing but I think he's busier these days.
Played a bit last night and it was a blast till I d'ced and then couldn't get back on to join the fun. I'd happily help organise some clan games but as most of the active players are now the US guys I would never be around at the time most get played.

Anyways, I'm gonna be on a lot more over the next 6 weeks due to having an awesome job that gives me August off:D, so feel free to add me guys (psn in profile) if you're playing regularly.

KZObsessed

agaru said:

WOW nice! Congratz! Join the GAFe clan if you are gonna continue playing regularly (or don't already have a clan :p)

mr_nothin

Banned
agaru said:

Advice: the first 3 guys that just quoted you...stay away from them. They enjoy man-love.

KZObsessed

agaru said:

Advice: the last 4 guys that just quoted you...stay away from them. They enjoy man-love.

nyong

Banned
I hate to say it, but I'm not a huge fan of the single player so far. The graphics are fucking brilliant, but the game feels cheap.....even on normal. Or maybe I just suck?

nyong said:
I hate to say it, but I'm not a huge fan of the single player so far. The graphics are fucking brilliant, but the game feels cheap.....even on normal. Or maybe I just suck?

You just have to get used to using cover more. If you try to play it like other FPS games and just start shooting from an open position you will die quickly and frequently.

agaru

Thanks guys for the welcome :) and I appreciate the warning, mr_nothin :lol

Yeah, I'm already in a clan with my friends. I think now after hitting 100k, I'm going to take a long break. Can't wait for KOFXII to be released (yes Fersis :D). By the way, IIRC I already played in a GAFe game. It was an 8v8 NO ROCKETS, and the map was Helghan Industries. I was on the GAFe team along with FFObsessed, Lince and a few others. We won that match. :D

My PSN is agaru.

KZObsessed

agaru said:
Thanks guys for the welcome :) and I appreciate the warning, mr_nothin :lol

Yeah, I'm already in a clan with my friends. I think now after hitting 100k, I'm going to take a long break. Can't wait for KOFXII to be released (yes Fersis :D). By the way, IIRC I already played in a GAFe game. It was an 8v8 NO ROCKETS, and the map was Helghan Industries. I was on the GAFe team along with FFObsessed, Lince and a few others. We won that match. :D

My PSN is agaru.

HELL YEAH WE DID! *Hi5*

ACE 1991

Anyone have any strategies for beating the end of the Tharsis Refinery level, where you must blow up the tank while being swarmed by wave after wave of helghast? I'm only playing on trooper, but can't seem to get past this part.

Dibbz

Why does this game not have a photo mode or movie record function? Seriosuly, the best looking game this gen and I can't even take screenshots.

So many holy shit moments that I'd love to capture. Aren't player movements tracked in game already for the battle replays. Is it not as simple as replaying the player movements in game and bam there is a movie record mode?

RavenFox

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Invite sent.
Indifferent2.gif
Your funny. when the clans split up to what they are now I sent repeated request to you and not once you replied. PM and in the forum threads. Don't bother replying I'm in a different clan now.
Yes I was in GAFEast.

Facism

dazed808 said:
MMmmmmm fresh meat:lol

I'm going to start playing again :lol

Also, nobody name-drops me here :'( even though i'm constistently GAFe's MVP in the clan games i've played ;p

bullet bukkake for all

ACE 1991 said:
Anyone have any strategies for beating the end of the Tharsis Refinery level, where you must blow up the tank while being swarmed by wave after wave of helghast? I'm only playing on trooper, but can't seem to get past this part.
There are a limited number of waves. Get in cover from the tank and then ignore it. Try to kill at least one soldier while they're still advancing toward you. Then you can back up out of the little nest area, around the dogleg to the previous car. If not wounded Rico will damage them some, but the important thing is that they have to come single file toward you. You're mostly in danger when you get flanked or surrounded. Take out the tank at the end (or don't; if you're not too wounded it's possible to run to the next car without dying).

An alternate version: grab the rocket launcher immediately, and take out the tank first. Switch to guns and rush forward, fighting the first wave of Helghast. This requires good shooting skills and a little luck because you have to be quick, but it means you have to kill a lot fewer troops total since they stop coming.

After all the attack troops are gone, a guy holding a rocket launcher will spawn on the balcony at the other end; be careful not to get caught by surprise.

If you still can't manage it, here's the cheesiest way: move up enough to trigger a wave of Helghast, then all the way back to the machinegun turret on the tank you used earlier. Mow down the Helghast as they chase you; repeat.

PuppetMaster said:
You just have to get used to using cover more. If you try to play it like other FPS games and just start shooting from an open position you will die quickly and frequently.
After 150 hours of multiplayer, I went back to singleplayer. I died about a dozen times in 30 seconds because I had forgotten I needed to use cover. :lol

ACE 1991

Liabe Brave said:
There are a limited number of waves. Get in cover from the tank and then ignore it. Try to kill at least one soldier while they're still advancing toward you. Then you can back up out of the little nest area, around the dogleg to the previous car. If not wounded Rico will damage them some, but the important thing is that they have to come single file toward you. You're mostly in danger when you get flanked or surrounded. Take out the tank at the end (or don't; if you're not too wounded it's possible to run to the next car without dying).

An alternate version: grab the rocket launcher immediately, and take out the tank first. Switch to guns and rush forward, fighting the first wave of Helghast. This requires good shooting skills and a little luck because you have to be quick, but it means you have to kill a lot fewer troops total since they stop coming.

After all the attack troops are gone, a guy holding a rocket launcher will spawn on the balcony at the other end; be careful not to get caught by surprise.

If you still can't manage it, here's the cheesiest way: move up enough to trigger a wave of Helghast, then all the way back to the machinegun turret on the tank you used earlier. Mow down the Helghast as they chase you; repeat.

Thanks. I'll probably give that first one a go later tonight.

-viper-

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Thanks. I'll probably give that first one a go later tonight.
Are you talking about that train level? Shouldn't be a problem on Trooper - just grab the rocket launcher and take out the tank ASAP, otherwise you'll get waves and waves of Helghast coming to kill you.

ACE 1991

-viper- said:
Are you talking about that train level? Shouldn't be a problem on Trooper - just grab the rocket launcher and take out the tank ASAP, otherwise you'll get waves and waves of Helghast coming to kill you.

I keep being killed by them damn helghast before I'm able to put enough rockets into the train though. I guess I'm just no good at killzoning.

Kittonwy

Banned
RavenFox said:
Your funny. when the clans split up to what they are now I sent repeated request to you and not once you replied. PM and in the forum threads. Don't bother replying I'm in a different clan now.
Yes I was in GAFEast.

I found ur one PM from april just now but right now it's full.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Need 1-2 more people for map sharing. $1-2 per person/pack. Would like to set it up before new maps hit. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom