• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

agaru

Dementia said:
I can't believe after all this time there are still so many witless tacticians running around... it's fucking infuriating.
Indeed. Not only they still place spawns backwards or in stupid places, but I've noticed that many tacticians don't even care about placing a spawn to begin with...

agaru said:
Indeed. Not only they still place spawns backwards or in stupid places, but I've noticed that many tacticians don't even care about placing a spawn to begin with...

I've even seen some top ranked commanders do this...it escapes me how someone can sink >300 hours into an online game and not know its mechanics.

Shearie

I was hoping that I would really like Battlefield 1943 since it's cheap and I need a good online shooter to play but it didn't grab me like Killzone 2 did months ago so I think I'm gonna re-buy it later today.

ChryZ

Internet Celebrity said:
Guess I'm one of the batch that got approved just recently. Anyway I've been stalking GAF for nearly a year, and finally being able to post...feels good man. :D

Anyway, KZ2: I usually play tactician with a bit of sab+sta-14 thrown in on the side. Already in a clan but I'd love to join in on your games.

I think I've run into some of you a bunch of times, (jardel, ffobssessed, lince, Chryz are those that I can remember).

PSN - rc94
Hey! You're from VGEVO, no? Good to see you over here. Welcome on board. :D

JB1981

Shearie said:
I was hoping that I would really like Battlefield 1943 since it's cheap and I need a good online shooter to play but it didn't grab me like Killzone 2 did months ago so I think I'm gonna re-buy it later today.

BF 1943 is better.

Shearie

JB1981 said:
BF 1943 is better.

It sure didn't feel better to me. Killzone 2 may not be perfect - I hate unlocking all the badges the most and the classes are not quite as balanced as I would like, but at least they took away starting invulnerability from spawn grenades - but it just played a whole lot better to me than BF1943.

Haven't played this game in forever (been waiting for some co-op patch or something). Tell me, is it harder or easier to get within the top 1% now as opposed to when it launched? I know I'll never be able to beat it on Elite, but eh, trophies are trophies.

JoJo13

Banned
JB1981 said:
BF 1943 is better.

No way in hell is that outdated game touching KZ2.

For $15 bucks, maybe it's fun to dabble in for a bit, but I stopped playing BF1943 after only a few games. Game is old and it shows.

JardeL

Dementia said:
My god... some of the tacticians playing this game are dumb as fucking shit.
Play with me , I'm the best tactician in KZ2...
KlintIndifference.gif

sun-drop

more maps???

holy crap i am happly surprised at the support this game gets with DLC. brilliant. and if the last two maps are anything to go on i can't wait to play these new ones.

BattleMonkey said:
New patch is nice, the game just gets better and better. Now if only they would get more people to get the dlc maps or eventually make some free.

GG should make steel/titanium free and offer Flash/thunder with the new maps in a bundle for $10 dollars.

LosDaddie

Banned
Rented KZ2 a couple weeks ago. Awesome graphics, loved the DTS audio, and the campaign had me glued to my HDTV.

Unfortunately, KZ2's MP didn't "grab" me like I hoped. I'm a huge co-op fan, so the lack of co-op was a bummer for me. And I know it might not work for KZ2's MP, but I prefer my FPSs with a Party System. I guess that's why I loved Res2, Halo3 and CoD so much.

I might pick up KZ2 for cheap, but I' probably just play some Res2 & Halo3 while I wait for MW2 to drop.

Kittonwy

Banned
A.R.K said:
damn that last game was bad!!! got our ass kicked :lol

where were you kitton, we needed you tonight!!!
KlintIndifference.gif

But good fun guys :D . I am out for tonight

Sorry, my internet and cable were out last night, cable company did some maintenance outside and it got messed up somehow, no TV or internet the whole night, nothing until this afternoon, it drove me up teh wallz.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Rented KZ2 a couple weeks ago. Awesome graphics, loved the DTS audio, and the campaign had me glued to my HDTV.

Unfortunately, KZ2's MP didn't "grab" me like I hoped. I'm a huge co-op fan, so the lack of co-op was a bummer for me. And I know it might not work for KZ2's MP, but I prefer my FPSs with a Party System. I guess that's why I loved Res2, Halo3 and CoD so much.

I might pick up KZ2 for cheap, but I' probably just play some Res2 & Halo3 while I wait for MW2 to drop.

You can play with friends and stay in the same squads in KZ2 now.
Indifferent2.gif

I started a KZ2 clan on the GameInformer forums that fell apart because there weren't enough people who played regularly and after lurking these forums for awhile i'm excited to finally be apart of a group that plays fairly often lol. So feel free to add me, I look forward to playing with you all! :D

Crap forgot to add ID Ninja_Hawk

sun-drop

tass0 said:
Paying for maps is utterly ridiculous, you buy the game for $60 and they want to you pay for goddamn maps?

yeh they should just have there artists and level desingers slave away on new maps for us for freeeeeeeee.

what fantasy land do you live in?

we are paying for 'extra' maps ..you don't have to buy them.

jayb

the new server info is nice and airbots seem a bit more balanced with the new patch.

Now if GG will just add the option to disable bots without having to completely disable the entire class...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
BF 1943 is better.

BTW, what are you GAFe guys waiting for before buying this game? I know some of you have their PS3s YLOD'ed but what about the rest? Come on guys. I'd love to play this with you all.

krioto

jayb said:
the new server info is nice and airbots seem a bit more balanced with the new patch.

Now if GG will just add the option to disable bots without having to completely disable the entire class...

Why disable the bots? It's not like its hard to avoid getting killed by them.

tass0

Banned
sun-drop said:
yeh they should just have there artists and level desingers slave away on new maps for us for freeeeeeeee.

what fantasy land do you live in?

we are paying for 'extra' maps ..you don't have to buy them.

Maps should be free, stop trying to justify paying for them...

Thrakier

TTP said:
BTW, what are you GAFe guys waiting for before buying this game? I know some of you have their PS3s YLOD'ed but what about the rest? Come on guys. I'd love to play this with you all.

If you want to play it with me, I'll buy it when my PS3 comes back. *blushes*

LosDaddie

Banned
Kittonwy said:
You can play with friends and stay in the same squads in KZ2 now.
Indifferent2.gif

Oh yeah, I know. It's not the same as a Party System though

I guess what I meant was a Party System and matchmaking.....similar to those found in Res2, CoD, and Halo3.

jayb

krioto said:
Why disable the bots? It's not like its hard to avoid getting killed by them.

I know they are fairly easy to avoid, and I love running as engineer + airbots, but sometimes it's nice to play on a server where people have to use nothing but their gun
skill
to get kills.

I've played on a few servers that have engineer, tactician, and assault disabled and it's a blast to play with no bots. But in those games, I still kind of miss having more spawns other than your squad leader.

It would be great to still be able to use tactician and engineer (for the shotgun + another secondary ability), but with bots disabled.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jayb said:
I've played on a few servers that have engineer, tactician, and assault disabled and it's a blast to play with no bots. But in those games, I still kind of miss having more spawns other than your squad leader.

It would be nice if you could spawn near ANY squad member actually.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
andycapps said:
Oh? I might have to jump back into Killzone 2. :D

It's pretty nice. When you join a friend, you are automatically put into the same squad (unless full of course) and that squad is persistent across map rotations. No need to re-create the squad/re-invite every time.

theBishop

Banned
I tried to play this with some friends last night, and it's still kind of a hassle despite the "party patch" that came out a while back. We ran into games locked by skill, or say they're full when they aren't. Ultimately I just made a server with settings that work. Unfortunately, that means starting out with some sparse games.

Wasn't Killzone2 supposed to support HOME game launching? We tried that, and Killzone wasn't coming up as a possible game to launch.

YoungHav

Banned
thejared said:
the game is practically flawless.
:lol
tass0 said:
Paying for maps is utterly ridiculous, you buy the game for $60 and they want to you pay for goddamn maps?
I agree with you for the fact this game only came with 8 multiplayer maps.

sun-drop said:
yeh they should just have there artists and level desingers slave away on new maps for us for freeeeeeeee. what fantasy land do you live in? we are paying for 'extra' maps ..you don't have to buy them.
Here's the problem... you don't think the game should have had more than only 8 maps in multiplayer? I'm surprised more people have not kicked up dust about it; thats why I have a problem paying for these new maps. UT3 and Cod4 had an abundant amount of maps that came with the game. It's like the people convinced that Microsoft is doing them a favor for charging them for Xbox Live when PC gaming over the internet has been free for a decade +. I had no problem giving Infinity Ward DLC money because they packed in a healthy 20 multiplayer maps with their game off the bat. I got my $60's worth of entertainment and I hope MW2 pwns this game's community. There better be a sweet deal/combo pack down the line, I'm not paying $72 plus tax for what, a grand total of 12 multiplayer maps... I wish multiplayer got as much focus as this game's graphics, that's the problem with this gen. Graphics graphics graphics.

Kittonwy

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Oh yeah, I know. It's not the same as a Party System though

I guess what I meant was a Party System and matchmaking.....similar to those found in Res2, CoD, and Halo3.

The room already comes with its own map rotation so the squad system works pretty well as you can easily spend 2-3 hours playing in one room going through all the different maps without ever having to exit and find another room through matchmaking. It would be nice to have a party system but because of the way this game is set up, the squad system works well enough to keep friends playing together, a warzone game on a single map even when it's 5 min per round will last you on average 20-30 min easy, then your whole crew will move to another map in the rotation without ever having to wait for matchmaking to find you another game on another map that people can vote to play on.

tiddles

jayb said:

By the way, the patch notes weren't very clear - nothing has actually changed about the damage done by Sentry Bots (air bots), but their health has been reverted to pre-1.27 levels - it turned out to be one change too many, especially in small games, so we put it back the way it was...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lots of nice changes.
Ill try to update tonight and give it a try.

agaru

tiddles said:
By the way, the patch notes weren't very clear - nothing has actually changed about the damage done by Sentry Bots (air bots), but their health has been reverted to pre-1.27 levels - it turned out to be one change too many, especially in small games, so we put it back the way it was...
This is a wise decision. :D Thanks for the heads-up tiddles. BTW, can we expect to see missions times included in the server info feature in the next patch?

Kittonwy

Banned
Broadbandito said:
Add me people

PSN: Broadbandit

I need more to play with and i am SICK at this game

You don't have an o at the end of ur PSN username? I sent invite to Broadbandito. I'll have to resend the correct one when I get home then, provided I get my cable back.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
The room already comes with its own map rotation so the squad system works pretty well as you can easily spend 2-3 hours playing in one room going through all the different maps without ever having to exit and find another room through matchmaking. It would be nice to have a party system but because of the way this game is set up, the squad system works well enough to keep friends playing together, a warzone game on a single map even when it's 5 min per round will last you on average 20-30 min easy, then your whole crew will move to another map in the rotation without ever having to wait for matchmaking to find you another game on another map that people can vote to play on.

I'd still prefer R:FoM's party system. U2 went with that setup, too. It's uber fucktastic.

Rooms blow.

(btw, I sitll haven't finished the game...but I'm passed the bridge now!)

Kittonwy

Banned
tiddles said:

So nothing was changed about teh airbots?

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
I'd still prefer R:FoM's party system. U2 went with that setup, too. It's uber fucktastic.

Rooms blow.

(btw, I sitll haven't finished the game...but I'm passed the bridge now!)

Rooms don't blow when you don't have to go from one room to another, one room will last you a whole night. The thing is that you don't ever have to leave a room if you find a good one because you can basically play most if not all the maps you want without ever exiting, which is different from U2 which needs a party system (awesome party system but the party leader has to exit game search to allow people to join still) because you have to go from room to room. You need to play some KZ2 with me and spartan. Don't worry about SP too much, you don't have to finish SP first.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
Airbot life/health went back to original level but damage remained (increased from launch).

That's good, so airbotz can still get kills but turrets can kill them quicker now. I think having good engineers is so important because the airbots can be deadly if left alone but reducing the health makes it easier for people to manually shoot them down.

andycapps

TTP said:
It's pretty nice. When you join a friend, you are automatically put into the same squad (unless full of course) and that squad is persistent across map rotations. No need to re-create the squad/re-invite every time.

This sounds nice, I'll have to jump back in in the next few days. I don't know if the GAF clan is still alive or if I've been booted or not. Guess we'll see.

JardeL

TTP said:
Because you probably will talk negative about it after a month , we remember the good old " Let the hype engulf you ! " dayz ...
Indifferent2.gif

j/k

Top Bottom