• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
GG guyz. Who turned friendly-fire on lol?
angry.gif

A.R.K

TheFatOne said:
I felt bad for Ark and Lemm. They just kept running into my shotgun. In the game I played I should have been in first. Also Ice I killed you on the first delivery, but you lagged your way to victory >.<. I had to quit guys have to work early tomorrow. PLaying with you guys is a ton of fun. JardeL :lol so many team kills against me :lol

lol happened like 4-5 times in a row .. lucky bastard! :lol

man I wanted to strangle that asshole on our team doing the team kills!!!
angry.gif

-viper-

Banned
dazed808 said:
Sorry Joe I couldn't get more than one full round in before my connection imploded on me. The last few nights has been a nightmare for disconnections and pretty sure it's PSN/KZ2 rather than at my end. Hopefully the next patch stabilises it.
That happens to me a lot. I always seem to get disconnected from the game (which also causes my PSN to sign out). KZ2 is the only game that does it.

Facism

KZ2 is the best online console FPS this gen so far, despite changes and shitty DLC.

Thought i'd let you guys know. I'll be on later tonight.

Dave1988

Facism said:
KZ2 is the best online console FPS this gen so far, despite changes and shitty DLC.

Who are you and what have you done with Feed?

TheFatOne

Facism said:

Who cares it's not like your any good :lol

Edit: Just so everyone knows I am the GAFe KING

Firewire

Banned
A.R.K said:
lol happened like 4-5 times in a row .. lucky bastard! :lol

man I wanted to strangle that asshole on our team doing the team kills!!!
angry.gif

That bastard got me six times in a row in that last match.

Apologies to Jardel, I team killed him a few last night by accident.

RavenFox

Banned
Moobabe said:
Ergh, this game is still a nightmare in public games. Shotgun spam ftl :(
When you encounter them and if you're able to, keep backing up keeping your sights on them and filling there bodies with all your anger and disgust. Remember it's their range you have to use against them. Or just quickly aim for the skull.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I scored my best game yesterday: 342 points.

I'm t3h best gaf time to die
Is that score boosted from team win or...
If or then comeback when you can score that before the team win bonus :D

JardeL

TheFatOne said:
PLaying with you guys is a ton of fun. JardeL :lol so many team kills against me :lol
:D After 4-1 I switched to Assault + RPG for fun , and thanks to lag I teamkilled some of you , sorry :D ...

Firewire said:
Apologies to Jardel, I team killed him a few last night by accident.
That's ok , I love being teamkilled :lol ... I do it sometimes for fun :D ...

Yesterday was weird , I don't know how it happened but whenever I saw an enemy he was icechai and he killed me all the time... I think %60 of my deaths were by icechai...

I unloaded the clip on him , he killed me ... I shot him in the head , he killed me... I just stand there , and you know what , he found and killed me... :lol

Facism

TheFatOne said:
Who cares it's not like your any good :lol

Edit: Just so everyone knows I am the GAFe KING

Denial is a powerful thing. Embrace my light and generosity as a GAFe Hero King

TeTr1C

Yeah I don't understand it either. All of the new maps have been awesome so far imo, and I can't wait to get the 2 new ones. Too bad it's almost a waste to buy them because nobody includes them in the map rotation. JUST PLAY THEM!!!

Kittonwy

Banned
TheOddOne said:
I played with a group yesterday, pretty long match but was fun. Gonna be online tonight.

Also whats this about the DLC being shitty?

The DLCs so far have been very good, I think a lot of people have them but for some reason not as many actually play the new maps. Souther Hills is actually a very good map, Beachhead can be a bit of a clusterfuck though, it takes a lot of concentrated firepower to control an area, which exposes this deficiency in a lot of teams, smart and disciplined teams pretty much dominate the more chaotic maps.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
The DLCs so far have been very good, I think a lot of people have them but for some reason not as many actually play the new maps. Souther Hills is actually a very good map, Beachhead can be a bit of a clusterfuck though, it takes a lot of concentrated firepower to control an area, which exposes this deficiency in a lot of teams, smart and disciplined teams pretty much dominate the more chaotic maps.

That reason being it takes ages for games with new maps in the rotation to populate.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
That reason being it takes ages for games with new maps in the rotation to populate.

Also part of the reason might be because although some of us do have the maps, we pick the "safe" map rotations with only the old maps just so everybody can play, I reckon other clans and groups are likely doing the same.

Kittonwy said:
Also part of the reason might be because although some of us do have the maps, we pick the "safe" map rotations with only the old maps just so everybody can play, I reckon other clans and groups are likely doing the same.

One of a million reasons why map packs should be free.

You guys still haven't posted how to get into games with fellow gaffers.

If you don't want anybody else playing in your "special club" then say it.

Kydd BlaZe

Picking up a PS3 this Friday. Finally gona give Killzone 2 a shot.

Anything I should know about the muliplayer? I see various gripes and concerns here and there about it.

BeeDog

Kydd BlaZe said:

Anything I should know about the muliplayer? I see various gripes and concerns here and there about it.

Well, from what I've gathered, if you could put up with the Gears of War 2 online issues, then you'll put up with this game too. Main problem (I stress that I haven't played this game online in ages) is clusterfucks, but if you think mayhem's fun (as some people do) then you'll love this game. Try to play on MAX 24 player servers (preferrably even less players, like 16), those are great fun.

Mikey Jr. said:
Theres a KZ2 bundle coming out. 12 bucks for ALL 6 maps. Yes, even the new ones.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...rdite-and-map-pack-bundle-releasing-tomorrow/

Any KZ2 vets here? Havent bought any of the maps yet. Stopped playing KZ2 before the maps came out but definitely wanna get back in. Worth buying the map pack? My worst fear is buying it, and finding out no one is playing it. It would be Resistance 2 DLC all over again.....

I am worried about this too. I bought resistance 1 maps and hardly anyone was playing them. The bundle seems like a good deal of indeed people are playing.

Kydd BlaZe said:

As the posters above already said, stick to matches with a maximum of 16 players if you don't like clusterfucks.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good to see that they're offering a bundle; too bad I already have them. Hopefully it will get more people to get them. This bundle should have been the only thing released anyways.

-viper-

Banned
Magemasher13 said:
clusterfucks are awesome
They can be awesome unless you're playing bodycount @ Radec Academy.

I was playing 24p Tharsis Depot yesterday (all rounds extended to 30 mins) with Dave, Jardel and Bignose, and it was great!

Firewire

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
When is the patch going up?

Tomorrow morning before the new DLC hits the store.

Hi all,

Some of you may have experienced issues with the Visari Palace mission from the Killzone 2 campaign mode after installing patch 1.28. We’ve received reports of crashes, graphical glitches and general progression issues - particularly when playing from a save game created before patch 1.28. The problem will be fixed with patch 1.29, which is due for release on Thursday , July 23 at 9:00 AM GMT.

The full list of fixes for this patch is as follows:

1. Visari Palace - Autarch’s Sanctum - Continue button can cause progression issues on save game created before patch 1.28
2. Crash - Crash fix for DLC3 "Napalm & Cordite"

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Victor Zuylen
Editor, Killzone Community

Dibbz

Kydd BlaZe said:

I'd suggest going even lower than 16 player matches. 6v6 or 4v4 are usually tons and tons of fun on most maps.

Oh and grab the map bundle that comes out tomorrow to get all 6 new maps for the price of 4.

Firewire

Banned
Magemasher13 said:

Have one of them on your friends list and join the game. I believe Kittonwy said the actual clan is full, but if you ask him nicely he may bump one of the more inactive players to make a spot for you.

Also you have to send a naked pic of yourself to FFO, you have to be rated on the man love scale before entry into the clan. You think I'm joking don't you!

RefigeKru

Banned
That bundle is great, might actually buy it.

Yeah, so I've got a headset now (Official PS3 one, it's like someone lodging their penis in my ear and just leaving it there for a good hour, it's kinda warm too) anyway I could join the european GAF clan and play with you guys? :D

Firewire said:
Have one of them on your friends list and join the game. I believe Kittonwy said the actual clan is full, but if you ask him nicely he may bump one of the more inactive players to make a spot for you.

Also you have to send a naked pic of yourself to FFO, you have to be rated on the man love scale before entry into the clan. You think I'm joking don't you!

I'm not so arrogant as to say that I'm good enough to be put in the clan right away, but I'd like to add the more active people to my friends list so I can jump in some games with you guys. Who are the two or three of you that are most active an wouldn't mind adding me? Either send my a FQ or I'll send you guys one. I'd just like to be able to jump in a game with some of you. If you think I'm good enough to warrant a bump from the clan then cool.

as for naked pictures of myself, they aren't that hard to find on the internet

icechai

Magemasher13 said:

send me a friend invite (psn in profile) and just join in. Sometimes it takes a bit but the next map will load and a spot will open up on some team. That's how we all do it now with the whole persistent squad system. Sometimes i'll join the other side if teams are uneven so I can hunt down JardeL and make him suffer :lol As for most active, it's probably Kitton and Ark these days.

Who's Firewire in the clan? Your psn isn't in your profile yet i think you play in a lot of the same games I do :p

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mikey Jr. said:
Theres a KZ2 bundle coming out. 12 bucks for ALL 6 maps. Yes, even the new ones.

I haven't bought any of the map packs yet. I've got an EU copy of the game I'm in the US. If I download this bundle from the US PSN will they work?

The fear of the map packs not working is the reason I haven't downloaded them yet.

Dave1988

RbBrdMan said:
I haven't bought any of the map packs yet. I've got an EU copy of the game I'm in the US. If I download this bundle from the US PSN will they work?

The fear of the map packs not working is the reason I haven't downloaded them yet.

Nope. DLC is region locked. You have to download it from the European PSN store for it to work with your copy of the game.

Top Bottom