• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
Dementia said:
Wow, I just went on a 33 Kill spree in Southern Hills after the other team kept throwing down spawn point right in front of my mg nest during capture and hold.

Good work Helghast tactician!:lol :lol

LOL.
Indifferent2.gif

netguy503

Bearillusion said:
I'm pretty sure the last map pack was about 128mb.

Thank you. Anyone know about the first?

BTW, do these map packs add new trophies, y'know, to sweeten the deal? I'm getting my game on Friday. Can't wait.

icechai

netguy503 said:
Thank you. Anyone know about the first?

BTW, do these map packs add new trophies, y'know, to sweeten the deal? I'm getting my game on Friday. Can't wait.

yes, trophies for using your ability succesfully 5 times each for all classes and such on each new map :) although new one will have weapon trophies

netguy503

OMG...so many trophies. Those 3's combined is like a whole new game (without the platinum). I'm such a trophy whore. NUM NUM NUM....I must get this bundle.

Robot 492

Banned
netguy503 said:
OMG...so many trophies. Those 3's combined is like a whole new game combined (without the platinum). I'm such a trophy whore. NUM NUM NUM....I must get this bundle.
They're incredibly easy to get too :)

Had a ton of fun tonight guys! I didn't realize how much I missed this game! Oh and damn you and your rockets Jardel! I think you accounted for all of my deaths that last game!

Kuroyume said:
I think I may get the bundle. How much do you save by getting the bundle?

You should, it's a great deal, I know I'm getting.

Also the fact that they're bundling all 3 means that they're probably done with DLC for the game and have moved on to their next project and are just gonna do a few more patches or what have you.

Poetic

Those new trophies seem a little difficult to get. 20 kills with the maps only flamethrower or bolt gun? 50 kills in one round? ouch.

Are the new maps out yet?
If so, do they look anything like the last map pack?
I was quite vocal about that last map pack having the best fps graphics on a console, so I want to know if GG one upped themselves with this latest map pack. I watched the youtube trailer and the footage I saw did not suggest that these maps would be especially great looking.

Violater said:
Another retro map pack would be nice, not to mention some new game modes.

from http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/07/22/killzone-bundle-and-new-trailer/#comment-11581 :
Seb Downie said:
Right now we’re going to take a step back from Killzone 2. We’ve been working non-stop since the disc version was released on patches, DLC and http://www.killzone.com updates, so need some time to reflect on what is actually out there.

mhh, I shared both mappacks from my buddy, don't know if I should now buy the bundle on my own, still a bit expensive IMO (I guess it will be 11,99€). Though these are really, reaaaally awesome maps, I love the moving train and the nuke. (and I still dig KZ2 MP because it gives me kind of a singleplayer-game-atmosphere with the settings, animations, effects, sounds, graphics etc.)

theBishop

Banned
Post release support has been pretty good for Killzone. I wouldn't begrudge them if they were 100% moving on to the next thing. One thing I'd still like to see is some sort of coop on Helgan. Doesn't have to be the whole single player campaign, maybe a 4 hour add-on pack for $15.

-viper-

Banned
theBishop said:
Post release support has been pretty good for Killzone. I wouldn't begrudge them if they were 100% moving on to the next thing. One thing I'd still like to see is some sort of coop on Helgan. Doesn't have to be the whole single player campaign, maybe a 4 hour add-on pack for $15.
A coop mode would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind something like 'Terrorist hunt' just like in Rainbow Six Vegas. But I don't think we'll see any new modes for KZ2. Would probably be better if they fully concentrate their efforts on KZ3

Looks like this will be the last map pack. I may go ahead and buy it. Is there a recent list of who is still playing this game? All my friends have quit playing so i am stuck with a bunch of randoms. My PSN name is in my profile if ppl wanna just add me OR let me know and I will look you guys up.

EDIT: Removing Quote

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
theignoramus said:
Are the new maps out yet?
If so, do they look anything like the last map pack?
I was quite vocal about that last map pack having the best fps graphics on a console
Which last map pack? I want to see what it looks like, if it looks better than the SP campaign already does in this game.

JardeL

Dementia said:
He suicide rocketed everyone on our team 40 times.:lol >:[
Jealous , you envy my perfect aim
KlintIndifference.gif

Also tell everyone that how I got you , when you were the assasination target, without rocket !
KlintIndifference.gif
:lol

JardeL

cjtiger300 said:
Had a ton of fun tonight guys! I didn't realize how much I missed this game! Oh and damn you and your rockets Jardel! I think you accounted for all of my deaths that last game!
:lol Whenever I shot someone , you spawned on him and died too...

A.R.K

JardeL said:
Jealous , you envy my perfect aim
KlintIndifference.gif

Also tell everyone that how I got you , when you were the assasination target, without rocket !
KlintIndifference.gif
:lol

Awesome games last night :D. Playing with GAFe only ppl is so much better. We should do clan only games if there are enough GAFe guys online like last night so only GAFe ppl can join in. Best MP for sure when played right! :D

By the way, some of you guys should think about moving to the other team when there like less or inexperience guys on the other team to balance things out. Last 2 games were not balanced. We were getting our ass kicked!!!! :lol

Wollan

Flamethrower is really effective. When you get a guy lit he's very likely to die no matter what (and there's no mortally wounded status). Visuals are so tasty, organic spread of flames all over.

Bolt gun is super deadly as well, instant kill by one shot (and that bad boy shoots straight, is half automatic and fired from the hip).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does the flamethrower continually respawn after a time; or does it spawn once only and you have to pick it up from the person who originally grabbed it? Will we be seeing multiple people with the flamethrower?

Wollan

Only one active super weapon in a battle at a time. I did see the Bolt gun respawn once.

I don't know how to replenish them with ammo (though you start with a good amount). I'm guessing you can fill up with ammo again at the blinking pick up station (where it spawns).

Wollan

I didn't get that chance but there were three guys in some stairs at the same time. I picked them all off with three shots one after the other. :D
xBuTcHeRx said:
Do any of you already have the new content pack?
I do.

Top Bottom