• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

bcn-ron said:
That's lame. Why do they have a limit anyway?

Oh well.

Now I got a dilemma, I WANT to play DQ8, but this week will probably be the best chance to get the Valor Rank #4 with the release of the new maps and the bundle (more people playing = larger number of people in 1%). And I know it will take at least 7,000 points to get top 1.

Dammit.

agaru

RbBrdMan said:
I haven't bought any of the map packs yet. I've got an EU copy of the game I'm in the US. If I download this bundle from the US PSN will they work?

The fear of the map packs not working is the reason I haven't downloaded them yet.
As far as I know, no. They will only work if your game region matched the store region you are downloading from. Your location doesn't matter.

ZeroRay

I don't wanna buy any of the maps until Guerrilla sorts out the issue of having new maps in the rotation. I would love it if they took the suggestion of kicking someone out when the new maps are about to be played.

Otherwise I don't see the point in buying them if no one will play em the next week.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dave1988 said:
Nope. DLC is region locked. You have to download it from the European PSN store for it to work with your copy of the game.

Damn. I didn't mention I've already created a EU PSN account and tried to DL them only to find out I couldn't add either of my credit cards to my EU PSN wallet nor will a US bought prepaid card activate on the EU PSN. I'm basically screwed.

Fuck do they make the games region free if the DLC isn't? Doesn't make sense to me.

Firewire

Banned
ZeroRay said:
I don't wanna buy any of the maps until Guerrilla sorts out the issue of having new maps in the rotation. I would love it if they took the suggestion of kicking someone out when the new maps are about to be played.

Otherwise I don't see the point in buying them if no one will play em the next week.

Jesus, when I searched for a game last night I came across 3 servers right off the bat that had either the first or second map pack in the rotation. This bullshit about them being hard to find is exactly that bullshit. Just look for them a bit, it isn't that hard.

ZeroRay

Firewire said:
Jesus, when I searched for a game last night I came across 3 servers right off the bat that had either the first or second map pack in the rotation. This bullshit about them being hard to find is exactly that bullshit. Just look for them a bit, it isn't that hard.

Yeah, you can usually find a few games using the map packs. but not the type of game I want to play most of the time. 32p clusterfucks on Vekta Cruiser isn't something I want to be a part of. Although that's how it was when I played it.

I haven't played the game for more than a month (been busy and all) I'll get back in and see all the glorious changes Guerrilla has implemented to the game.

A.R.K

icechai said:
send me a friend invite (psn in profile) and just join in. Sometimes it takes a bit but the next map will load and a spot will open up on some team. That's how we all do it now with the whole persistent squad system. Sometimes i'll join the other side if teams are uneven so I can hunt down JardeL and make him suffer :lol As for most active, it's probably Kitton and Ark these days.
Who's Firewire in the clan? Your psn isn't in your profile yet i think you play in a lot of the same games I do :p

ahh man this is my last week to be most active, and the reason was my family is out of states, so I had plenty of time to paly. But next week I am leaving for vacation to join them and when we come back, I will not be able to join so frequently. Man I will miss the good times with GAF :/. But I will catch you guys online whenever I can :).

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
Have one of them on your friends list and join the game. I believe Kittonwy said the actual clan is full, but if you ask him nicely he may bump one of the more inactive players to make a spot for you.

Also you have to send a naked pic of yourself to FFO, you have to be rated on the man love scale before entry into the clan. You think I'm joking don't you!

Raist is clan leader, he's the only one who can remove people, I can revoke pending invites. There are still 3 pending: MrNothin AndyPants Carolina_Blue. >:|

Kittonwy

Banned
ZeroRay said:
Yeah, you can usually find a few games using the map packs. but not the type of game I want to play most of the time. 32p clusterfucks on Vekta Cruiser isn't something I want to be a part of. Although that's how it was when I played it.

I haven't played the game for more than a month (been busy and all) I'll get back in and see all the glorious changes Guerrilla has implemented to the game.

Vekta Cruiser actually isn't THAT chaotic, it really depends on how your team plays, if you have a team with everybody on the same page and in the right jobs doing the things they're supposed to do (putting turrets in the right spots, cleaning up turrets where you don't need, controlling an area through application of superior firepower instead of just running around milking kills), all the maps are very controllable environments, the problem comes when everybody is running around doing whatever they want, then it kind of devolves into chaos.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
ZeroRay said:

A better way of handling the new maps would be to patch those who don't have the maps with the new maps but unlock them only after purchase, in the meantime when someone doesn't have the map he would get kicked to spectator so at least he gets to watch the action, that would tempt people to buy.

icechai

Magemasher13 said:
Lagspike, my team may have lost but I KICKED YOUR ASS.

I was first on my team, you were first one yours, but MAN the discrepancy was huge. We would have won had my team not been a bunch of idiots.

not the friendliest way to find more people to play with... :p

Facism

Mr.Green said:

I'm sorry my opinion cuts you so deep you can't post anything more than a :lol to cover up the tears of insecurity :( :(

[edit]dynamic3, it's GAFe and we are full atm. I'm sure space will open up eventually, Raist or whoever has the power will probably do a cull of people who haven't played for a long time.

icechai

From Sony Blog

Also going live tomorrow is a Bundle of map packs Steel & Titanium, Flash & Thunder and Napalm & Cordite combined. And we are calling it the ‘Map Pack Bundle’, original I know, but it does what it says on the lid. The bundle is being offered as a “3 for the price of 2″ ($11.99).

So $12 gets you 6 maps. That's not too bad is it? For those who have been waiting on the fence, time to get some :p

JardeL

Kittonwy said:
GAFA is done, we're all part of GAFe now, it's full depending what's happening with the pending invites.
Indifferent2.gif
Kick AJ , Lince and FFO out of the clan. They're inactive.

So I can be at top. :D

JoJo13

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Is the map packs worth getting? Can anyone give some insight? Worth downloading the bundle tomorrow or no?

If you regularly play KZ2's multiplayer, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get the new maps.

IMHO, Guerrilla Games produces the best multiplayer maps out there by far. They just engross you with so much atmosphere and really good design philosophies.

noah111

Still Alive
Mikey Jr. said:
Is the map packs worth getting? Can anyone give some insight? Worth downloading the bundle tomorrow or no?
If you still play the game thenh yes, the bundle is definitely worth it. They are all great maps anyways, and the new weapons look great as well.

ZeroRay

Kittonwy said:
Vekta Cruiser actually isn't THAT chaotic, it really depends on how your team plays, if you have a team with everybody on the same page and in the right jobs doing the things they're supposed to do (putting turrets in the right spots, cleaning up turrets where you don't need, controlling an area through application of superior firepower instead of just running around milking kills), all the maps are very controllable environments, the problem comes when everybody is running around doing whatever they want, then it kind of devolves into chaos.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah, I usually play with randoms. It's either dominate or be dominated, but I still had a few incredible games. I remember joining a GAF room once, I think I got a few kills on you.:D

I also wonder what would happen if I buy the bundle since I already own one of the map packs. Does the extra one become a gift like steam or would I just waste a penny on a map I already have?

borsdy

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16767670&postcount=29614
Magemasher13 said:
I can't even imagine playing Halo with a measely 16 guys, what isi it, a Wii game?? Why couldn't they have more people on the game? Are the MS servers not good enough?

Oh, wait, the person who started the game on XBL is the host, so people are paying $50 a year for P2P with the priviledge of being bombarded with ads.

Magemasher13 said:
Wow. I forgot how much fun full Warzone is when your team isn't as stupid as the average Xbox owner.
Please stop this crap, thanks.

Mikey Jr.

Sentry said:
If you still play the game thenh yes, the bundle is definitely worth it. They are all great maps anyways, and the new weapons look great as well.

Yeah, but how many people actually PLAY the maps. That is my main concern.

I don't know why people who bought the map packs a while ago are mad about the bundle.

If you bought the packs when they came out that means that you have had 2-4 MONTHS of playiing on them, as well as being able to play on them when they were most active. I think that is worth a measly $6, don't you?

And besides, this is a GOOD thing, because it will get more people to buy the maps so we will get more games on them.

Magemasher13 said:
I don't know why people who bought the map packs a while ago are mad about the bundle.

If you bought the packs when they came out that means that you have had 2-4 MONTHS of playiing on them, as well as being able to play on them when they were most active. I think that is worth a measly $6, don't you?

And besides, this is a GOOD thing, because it will get more people to buy the maps so we will get more games on them.

People always like better deals just the way it rolls.

McLovin

Magemasher13 said:

What? People are mad? Sell them for a dollar for all I care.. More people = more fun.
How much is the bundle anyway?

Bearillusion said:
I just bought the latest pack and now they offer a bundle. Just great.

That's why you should always wait if paying a little extra to get content early bothers you, who else is expecting Activision to bundle all 3 WaW map packs eventually? Killzone 2 will probably get a GOTY or whatever edition next year and will include all map packs free of charge.

McLovin said:
What? People are mad? Sell them for a dollar for all I care.. More people = more fun.
How much is the bundle anyway?

12 bucks.

AranhaHunter said:
That's why you should always wait if paying a little extra to get content early bothers you, who else is expecting Activision to bundle all 3 WaW map packs eventually? Killzone 2 will probably get a GOTY or whatever edition next year and will include all map packs free of charge.

12 bucks.

I felt I had waited. They announced another pack recently which made me think a bundle wasn't coming any time soon.

What I want to know is if there will be any MORE DLC map packs after this, or are they done now that the bundle is out.

I would LOVE it if they came out with 2 new maps every other month like they have been, until eventually there are more DLC maps than originally included maps.

Especially if we got a forest level!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Bearillusion said:
I felt I had waited. They announced another pack recently which made me think a bundle wasn't coming any time soon.

I agree with this. I did the same when they did not put out a bundle after two packs.

Its one thing to bundle/discount after a while of packs being out, but day and date with a new one and a couple of weeks after the previous ones? Seems like a cheap underhanded move and a little insulting to the fanbase.

scoobs

I don't understand why anyone would be mad about these bundles... the map packs were $6 each, the bundle is $12. Same price... I'm confused why anyone is mad

AndyD

aka andydumi
Either that or you were already injured.

scoobs said:
I don't understand why anyone would be mad about these bundles... the map packs were $6 each, the bundle is $12. Same price... I'm confused why anyone is mad

This is 12 for 3 packs. So if you bought the first two, or just one, then you have to end up paying 18 total for 3, rather than the 12 for 3.

netguy503

Magemasher13 said:

LOL WUT? This doesn't make sense you say why a person shouldn't be mad at this new price because we had 2-3 months to play on them when they were "most active" but then you later follow that up with the more rational point that, because of this price cut, it will "get more people to buy the maps so we will get more games on them". LOL so wouldn't the "most active" time be this Thursday and onwards when the most people will have all the maps so a person still should be mad if we bought these 2 or 3 months ahead of time because we got exactly no benefit? Squat.

LOL...I just saw I guess he can't reply because he's banned and I'm thinking "didn't he just post this a few hours ago? How can one get banned in that short of time?"

Anyway, can anyone tell me how big in MB's the last two map packs were? I'm wondering how many MB's the bundle is going to be. Thanks.

Dementia

Wow, I just went on a 33 Kill spree in Southern Hills after the other team kept throwing down spawn point right in front of my mg nest during capture and hold.

Good work Helghast tactician!:lol :lol

Top Bottom