• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
alr1ghtstart said:
Does the flamethrower continually respawn after a time; or does it spawn once only and you have to pick it up from the person who originally grabbed it? Will we be seeing multiple people with the flamethrower?

There's only one flamethrower/boltgun active at all times, and it needs to be picked up where it was last dropped. It does get reset when it hasn't been picked up in a while (for example, if it's been dropped in a difficult to access location).

Wollan

xBuTcHeRx said:
How is it?
Flamethrower is really effective. When you get a guy lit he's very likely to die no matter what (and there's no mortally wounded status). Visuals are so tasty, organic spread of flames all over.

Bolt gun is super deadly as well, instant kill by one shot (and that bad boy shoots straight, is half automatic and fired from the hip).
Only one active super weapon in a battle at a time. I did see the Bolt gun respawn once.

I don't know how to replenish them with ammo (though you start with a good amount). I'm guessing you can fill up with ammo again at the blinking pick up station (where it spawns).
One level is pretty obviously a chunk of the singleplayer reworked (the part where you first fight the snipers), desert area.
The second map is an arc tower but I'm pretty sure it's equally much a remake of a classic Killzone 1 multiplayer map. Don't remember name of the old map, Tempy?

tfur

Definitely picking this map pack up as well. I need to add a few psn friends since GAFA was disbanded, and I need to get some GAFe game time in...

Any new pics/vids of these maps in action?

Wollan

Facism said:
Never understood why you buy these map packs, Wollan :lol You pretty much never played online with us in GAFe.
One day I might!
I wish Guerrilla would grant me the 3% trophy I have rightfully earned in the first week.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wollan said:
One level is pretty obviously a chunk of the singleplayer reworked (the part where you first fight the snipers), desert area.
The second map is an arc tower but I'm pretty sure it's equally much a remake of a classic Killzone 1 multiplayer map. Don't remember name of the old map, Tempy?

Not a remake, just uses the same theme/assets as in Blood Meridian (small arc tower, cablecar structure).

You were thinking of that station level in KZ1 which doesn't have as much vertical play.

Tempy said:
There's only one flamethrower/boltgun active at all times, and it needs to be picked up where it was last dropped. It does get reset when it hasn't been picked up in a while (for example, if it's been dropped in a difficult to access location).

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but does that mean that only one person (presumably per team) can have the flamethrower/boltgun equipped at any given time?

Wollan said:
Only one active super weapon in a battle at a time. I did see the Bolt gun respawn once.

I don't know how to replenish them with ammo (though you start with a good amount). I'm guessing you can fill up with ammo again at the blinking pick up station (where it spawns).

You can get more ammo at an ammo crate apparently, or you just have to let it respawn

Thrakier said:
I WANTZ MY PS3 BACK DAMN YOU FFO! Oh well, I'll be back wiz all my power in september I guess.

Ive been wondering what happend to you :lol didnt know it was because of that what we shall not mention... :(

-viper-

Banned
@Violator: no. You get the Boltgun on Arctower Landing, and the Flamethrower on Suljeva Cliffside.

Wollan said:

You can replenish them with ammo by using the ammo boxes (that are scattered around the map).

ChryZ said:
Not too impressed with this pack. Oh well.
I like the maps, and they look fantastic. Especially Arctower Landing.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ima down with dem mapz, downloadin right nao.
Indifferent2.gif

Violater

-viper- said:
@Violator: no. You get the Boltgun on Arctower Landing, and the Flamethrower on Suljeva Cliffside.

You can replenish them with ammo by using the ammo boxes (that are scattered around the map).

I like the maps, and they look fantastic. Especially Arctower Landing.

Thanks, though I wish i could shake off the flames somehow stop drop and roll dammit

Also I think it was a poor choice to switch the boltgun and the flame thrower with the levels they appeared in the SP, the flamethrower would have looked so much better on the arc tower as it stands the flames just was away in the colors of the cliffside.

Oh wow, Arctower map looks gorgeous. The desert map looks pretty stunning too. Way more impressed with this map pack than the last two. Surprisingly I haven't run into anyone using the flamethrower or bolt gun yet.

Violater

H_Prestige said:
Oh wow, Arctower map looks gorgeous. The desert map looks pretty stunning too. Way more impressed with this map pack than the last two. Surprisingly I haven't run into anyone using the flamethrower or bolt gun yet.

Certainly not better than beach head

Maximus.

played my first match online after beating the game. Gotta say it has potential to get me hooked lol. Im really used to cod or halo where after a match it starts a new game, but i like the idea of a continuous game. Still noob though haha so gotta get at it more.

Dementia

I got back from class a few minutes ago and just started downloading the new maps. You guys better be online playing them.:D

If not I'm giving myself to Wipeout Fury.

Dynamic3

I hate to admit it but this pack was a letdown for me. I thought the second was better than the first, loved the nuke dynamic, and was expecting the third to continue the trend.

Unfortunately, the bolt gun, which I was most excited for, is impossible to use effectively due to the lag. Even when you do connect, the fun of sending a guy flying or pinning him to a wall is mitigated by the fact that there is a half second delay between when you hit him and when he reacts. The input lag has been remedied by the patch, but I fear I can no longer cope with the net lag. Another thing I noticed is that guns no longer sound different whether you are indoors or out.

The maps are more of the same resources and worst of all, they are extremely small. Pug games are even more unplayable than they were before.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
New maps are nice; not too big not too small. Suljeva is ripped directly from single player, so it should be familiar. Getting those 20 kills with special weapon trophies is going to be a bitch. :D

TheFatOne

My team was retarded :lol . I kept telling everyone to stop going up to get slaughtered, but no one would listen. So funny watching my team get slaughtered :lol It's funny because all they had to do was 3 assault class and we might have had a chance :lol It's to hard trying to win a game by yourself. BTW I think I was lagging. I kept shooting people point blank and they would not go down.

Edit: In the game I played with you guys I had an unusual amount of double deaths.

Just bought all 3 map packs. Holy shit....HOLY SHIT!!! Beachhead....is fucking BEAUTIFUL! I love the nuke effect in SH. And Suelja Cliff side and Arctower landing are pretty awesome. The first map pack...kill it with fire.

McLovin

Wow that new medic laser looks nice! I didn't even noticed they changed it till now. Also am I imagining things or does the Campaign mode look nicer? Also, I can't for the life of me find the new guns on the new maps :/

Top Bottom