• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
GG guyz. Those two maps were like mazes, still it's not hard to get a hang of which direction is which. LOL at the dude on the other team who was hiding in the pillar at the end of the game, his team just squad spawned to their deaths.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

i seriously have the biggest love/hate relationship ever with this game. right now i hate it. hate it, hate it, hate it. arc tower is one labyrinthine map.

McLovin said:
Wow that new medic laser looks nice! I didn't even noticed they changed it till now. Also am I imagining things or does the Campaign mode look nicer? Also, I can't for the life of me find the new guns on the new maps :/

Finally got my stuff back and was able to play some MP for about 20 minutes ....still as fantastic as ever!
...and yeah, I immediately noticed very much improved medic laser

Question:

Should I even bother with the DLC? ...or is pretty fragmented community wise?

Patriotsbball5460 said:
You can get more ammo at an ammo crate apparently, or you just have to let it respawn
Hey pat :D (Guess who this is)

Apparently this game's still selling well...that or a whole mess of people recently decided to jump into the multiplayer side of things (look at HGH side...wtf?) This was in a completely random server; there was nothing that would specifically attract new players.

noobs.jpg

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6737060&kz_file_id=7103093

I think this wins the competition for weakest opposition ever :lol

-viper-

Banned
JB1981 said:
i seriously have the biggest love/hate relationship ever with this game. right now i hate it. hate it, hate it, hate it. arc tower is one labyrinthine map.
I was just thinking about your tag and the first thing that came into my mind was peanut butter.

McLovin

AgentOtaku said:
Finally got my stuff back and was able to play some MP for about 20 minutes ....still as fantastic as ever!
...and yeah, I immediately noticed very much improved medic laser

Question:

Should I even bother with the DLC? ...or is pretty fragmented community wise?
All six maps for 11.99 is definitely worth it. I noticed allot more people playing the last maps then in the previous ones, so things are looking up. But yeah the community is pretty fragmented. Hopefully more people will get the bundle.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Might have to give this a go again this weekend.

Has the nade spamming decreased at all? I like how when attempting to fix the spawn "problem" a new problem of megafuck proportions is created.

Tell me it's better guys, I loved KZ2 multiplayer.

Biff

-viper- said:
I'd rather see this happen next week so I could've gone for the 1% trophy. I've hardly played much this week and I won't be here on Saturday :\

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: When does the a new 'week' start? Googling leads me to believe Sunday at midnight, but I don't have a definite answer on which timezone.

Also does anyone have any general tips on going for the 1%? In random pubs I have enough skill to finish near the top of the leaderboard (clan wars? lolno).. Should I play exclusive 100 kill bodycount-only rooms?

And I'm assuming I'll be looking at 20 hours at the least to compete for top 1%?

Thank you kindly!

ChefRamsay said:
This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: When does the a new 'week' start? Googling leads me to believe Sunday at midnight, but I don't have a definite answer on which timezone.

Also does anyone have any general tips on going for the 1%? In random pubs I have enough skill to finish near the top of the leaderboard (clan wars? lolno).. Should I play exclusive 100 kill bodycount-only rooms?

And I'm assuming I'll be looking at 20 hours at the least to compete for top 1%?

Thank you kindly!
Well, I reckon (I) could do it with <15 hours' playtime in a week. You'll need to get over 7000 points...so it really depends. Do you get close to 200 points in a standard length match? If not, then bodycount is probably your best option.

What's your PSN? (So I can check out your stats :p)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Goodbye Janice, you lived a long, fruitful life. :( :(

agaru

ChefRamsay said:

Thank you kindly!
I think the weekly stats get updated on Sunday 12:00 midnight (GMT).

As for getting your 1%, well you already said you're looking at 20 hours/week (which is far more than enough). With that, stick to bodycount-only rooms (no rockets) and you should easily be on the top 1% if not even 0.5% ;)

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:

Arc Tower is not THAT complicated, it takes time to learn the new maps and for tacticians to find all the right spots, it's always a bit rough when there's a learning process involved.

Kittonwy

Banned
theBishop said:
Is there a GAF contingent that plays (nearly)every night? :D

Send me a friend/clan request:
thebishop

We usually play on most nights, I can't guarantee I'll be on every single night though.
Indifferent2.gif

Nightz

I enjoyed playing with you guys last night, except for the fact that I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was my first time playing Arc Tower. Yeah I'm one of the retarded teammates that Lyulf was screaming at. :lol

Thrakier

Internet Celebrity said:
I can't believe it, I think my PS3 just died :'((((((

I don't know how I'm gonna live without it :(

One more down. Welcome to the club. My PS3 was sent back today, I should get it next week. But in the meantime I lost my girlfriend and my flat and with it my TV etc. - so I won't be able to play till september when I'm in a new flat, I guess. Live sucks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Internet Celebrity said:
I can't believe it, I think my PS3 just died :'((((((

I don't know how I'm gonna live without it :(
Its that yellow light thingy? It can be saved dood!

Thrakier said:
One more down. Welcome to the club. My PS3 was sent back today, I should get it next week. But in the meantime I lost my girlfriend and my flat and with it my TV etc. - so I won't be able to play till september when I'm in a new flat, I guess. Live sucks.
Dont troll Microsoft! :lol

Thrakier said:

Wha?.. what happend dude? Or did the joke just "whoosh!" by me?

Thrakier said:
Ouch, I hope everything works out for you.

Mine was a 60GB US model. It YLOD'd on Radec Academy, and the funny thing was that the last thing I saw was KZ2's awesome motion blur effects on the frozen screen. :(

Anyone know what the issue is if it turns on and operates for 10 seconds or so, but then YLODs again?

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:

Mine was a 60GB US model. It YLOD'd on Radec Academy, and the funny thing was that the last thing I saw was KZ2's awesome motion blur effects on the frozen screen. :(

Anyone know what the issue is if it turns on and operates for 10 seconds or so, but then YLODs again?

Does it beep three times then the power light keeps on flashing? That's what happened to mine.

Welcome to the club by the way.
Teh death club dun dun!

rexor0717

Internet Celebrity said:

>_>
The exact same thing happened to me, on that map too.

Thrakier said:
No joke, sad reality. She stays in the flat and I am at my mothers place till I find a new flat.

@FFO
FU!

What the hell broseph! Why cant you canuck her ass outta the appartment?

If its your TV, then its yours... cant you just take your stuff (if its her apartment)? Feel sorry for you man, but I guess that explains your missing activity :(

FFObsessed said:
Does it beep three times then the power light keeps on flashing? That's what happened to mine.

Welcome to the club by the way.
Teh death club dun dun!
Yeah, but it works long enough for it to sign in to PSN before it crashes.

I'm gonna try vacuuming the air vents, hopefully that's the problem since I've never actually cleaned the airflow system before. I think it's just overheating, because I left it in a cooler place for a while and that was what allowed it to work for as long as it does at the moment.

Lince

Banned
I'm home and dying to play this again, but don't have the time to download the new firmware, patches and DLC... tomorrow I'm leaving for London, next weekend it is then, I guess no one will be playing the new maps by then though :lol

and I was #94 in the world before the holidays, now I'm ranked #664, meh

hi Seph & FFO !

Thrakier

Obviously I could take my stuff, but I would have to move it around twice then...it has nothing to do with her. I could use my PS3 on a tube though...but anyway, since this shit started I didn't play any games at all, I'm just running around outside and in the house thinking about shit and...bah. I hate it. This is the worst time of my life so far. Eight years and it's over, fuck, it's like a bad dream although I saw it coming...whatever.

jayb

i just played two quick matches and got the 2.5x for winning the first, but it did not give me the 1.5x for the second one that my team lost. just a fluke?

A.R.K

Internet Celebrity said:
Yeah, but it works long enough for it to sign in to PSN before it crashes.

I'm gonna try vacuuming the air vents, hopefully that's the problem since I've never actually cleaned the airflow system before. I think it's just overheating, because I left it in a cooler place for a while and that was what allowed it to work for as long as it does at the moment.

Yep got the same problem while playing KZ (screen froze) and never got it to work again. I had to send it in for repairs (btw sony's service is great got it back in 10 days). How many more PS3 will be Killzowned by Killzone!!!! Every time I play I pray when my PS3 is running fan on full speed gasping for air! damn killzone!! :lol

agaru

Internet Celebrity said:

Oh man, that sucks. Do your best to get it fixed if it's fixable. Also, Google and GAF search tool should help I guess.

Oh man, too many 60gb ps3 owners getting killzowned. My 60gb usually gets pretty loud when playing KZ2, and it has frozen once during a match, but so far so good. I'm still getting paranoid though, maybe I should get a second ps3 just for KZ2 :lol

BradleyUK

Name of room: NeoGaf
Time: 9PM UK time/ 3PM Central USA
Date: 25/7/09
Password: neo
Maps: All the new editions to killzone 2 (6 maps)

Anyone want to join then?

Top Bottom