• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Tendo

So I played some kz2 for the first time in ages last night, but only found like... 7 or 8 games running. Is that just how many I can find at a time or is that hohw much the community shrank?

agaru

Tendo said:
So I played some kz2 for the first time in ages last night, but only found like... 7 or 8 games running. Is that just how many I can find at a time or is that hohw much the community shrank?
Only 7 or 8? I don't think so. Maybe your search filter is set to something very specific, like a particular map and mission on a particular region. Make sure the search filter is set to default in all categories, and having the Region category as Worldwide should give you even more rooms to choose from. Also, there's this search bug that I've encountered several times where the game would only show me a limited number of rooms even with no filter used, in case you had this simply log off Warzone and log back in and it's all good.

Tendo said:
It really depends what settings you have down on your search. Try changing the region filter to "Worldwide", and check that all the other criteria are at "Any".

The only time I get that few servers is if I search for 9-16p games early in the morning.

Snipes424

Anyone have some good tips on getting 5 kills with the engineer turrets? I've only managed to get 2 ribbons for this. It seems like every fucking time I put a turret down some assclown assault shoots a rocket at it and it blows up.

timkunedo

I'm determined to get back into Killzone 2. I've got some free time today that i am going to use right now to get back into this beautiful game. Downloading the latest updates now. The big question is do i jump back into SP or MP? hmmmmm

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dont play in rocket rooms. Set them up on high ledges for maximum headshot probability. In Search and Retrieve, blanket the opposite teams delivery point with bots.

Ceb

BradleyUK said:
Name of room: NeoGaf
Time: 9PM UK time/ 3PM Central USA
Date: 25/7/09
Password: neo
Maps: All the new editions to killzone 2 (6 maps)

Anyone want to join then?

Can't join since your room is set to allow lower ranks only.

Dibbz

Mikey Jr. said:
Hows the lag if you set it to worldwide?

What I mean is, if you're in NA, hows it like playing in a EU server, lag wise.
It's not to bad but with the new patch playing your own region is like playing single player. Everything is so much more responsive. Playing a worldwide game is like playing the game before the patch. It's not as responsive but it can be a pain when you die from the guy you just killed .5 seconds ago.

I have a problem at the mo' wit hthe SP. Does anyone know what all the different enemy types in the campaign are, what they look like and where they can be found? I currently have 13/14 melee kills and I have no idea who is left. I just got the elites off the cruiser and have the snipers but no idea who else is left. I've been going through most of the levels punching people but I still don't have the trophy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
picture: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2223/helghast.jpg

Advanced Shock Trooper - Mission: Tharsis Refinery, Section: Central Observatory
Assault Infantry Advanced - Mission: Visari Palace, Section: Inner Courtyard
Assault Infantry - Mission: Corinth River, Section: Corinth Sands
Commando - Mission: Salamun District, Section: Dushan Tower Courtyard
Elite Shock Trooper - Mission: The Cruiser, Section: Launch Bay
Grenadier - Mission: Visari Palace, Section: Inner Courtyard
LMG Trooper - Mission: Visari Palace, Section: Lazar Highway
Miner - Mission: Suljeva Village, Section: Suljeva North
Mounted Gunner Medium - Mission: Visari Palace, Section: Lazar Highway
Mounted Gunner - Mission: Corinth River, Section: Korovis Dam
Pyro Trooper - Mission: The Cruiser, Section: Launch Bay
Rifleman - Mission: Corinth River, Section: Verdran Overlook West
Shock Trooper - Mission: Tharsis Refinery, Section: Suljeva Minetrain
Scout Sniper - Mission: Suljeva Village, Section: Vojislav Mining Facility
Support Trooper - Mission: Corinth River, Section: Verdran Overlook East

Facism

Audioboxer said:
<3 Double XP weekend.

I'll need to play with some of you guys soon, GAF Europe :D

The e no longer stands for Europe, seeing as our US bredren are now a part of it.

I think we should change the e to mean emperors.

timkunedo

wow....first time to play kz2 in months and i jump into MP first. lmao....it was ugly. Switching to Skirmish mode until my skills are somewhat respectable.

I came back to MP today after a few weeks absence and I got my arse handed to me. Looks like I need to step up to the plate again. Once you get into your swing with KZ2 its an absolute blast, but coming back to it after a while has a steep difficulty curve online!

Thrakier

Is the new map pack worth it? Can I buy it from the german store if I got the UK version? I guess it should work. Lince I love you, kthxbye.

Thrakier said:
Is the new map pack worth it? Can I buy it from the german store if I got the UK version? I guess it should work. Lince I love you, kthxbye.

It works, played the other mappacks that way (there is only one version in PALien, the UK-disk even has the USK-symbol).

My buddy just made a night-time surprise buy and I'm now downloading the third mappack thanks to him :lol

Trevelyan

Banned
Alright, so those who have been left out in the cold during the new clan reformation, would all of you be interested in starting another separate GAF clan? I'd have no problems leading as I play mostly every night anywhere between 3-10PDT. If you're interested PM and I'll see how much interest there is.

TheFatOne

Facism said:
The e no longer stands for Europe, seeing as our US bredren are now a part of it.

I think we should change the e to mean emperors.

I personally think the name should be Lyulf and his peasants, but that's just me

Mikey Jr.

Is there any point in the Sab disguise anymore?

I mean, in the beginning, when everyone was fresh faced, yeah, it was worth it. But now? I can spot a disguise in half a second. In fact, the whole class is useless. The only redeeming factor is the STA14. Man I love that gun.

Also, whats the difference between the 2 light machine guns?

Sab disguise does little at range but it does cause people to hesitate. I often play sab and walk right up to folks who will look at me or obviously turn around for another look, and by then I'm unloading in their skull.

It's a little bonus that kinda slows the enemy down often, but you gotta stick to the shadows.

I don't often play as sab, but when I do I'm rarely discovered before I shoot/make a kill.
may be just luck/noobs, but I try to play my role.
i.e. I try to storm with the enemies/come from "right" direction. Sometimes I even shoot with the enemies at an unfortunate teammate (FF off of course), when everyone of them thinks "yay, nice kill guys" I show my true evil face and start shooting at them :lol

I really like the thing with the nickname-copy. I was in a squad with my buddy, talking the whole time. Then he starts talking about I should watch where I was going etc. while I was at a completely different place "ehm I'm not anywhere near you... wait a minute... THAT'S NOT ME, SHOOT! SHOOT!" :lol

Though when there is only one more or something in my team at the start of a round, you should really not use sab... I might get suspicious reading my own nickname :p

TheFatOne

Mikey Jr. said:

I mean, in the beginning, when everyone was fresh faced, yeah, it was worth it. But now? I can spot a disguise in half a second. In fact, the whole class is useless. The only redeeming factor is the STA14. Man I love that gun.

The two guns the sab has are monsters. The sta rifle is so deadly in the right hands and the machine guy is a head shot machine.

Dementia

Mikey Jr. said:

THat half second it takes for you to recognize an enemy is enough time for a decent saboteur to get the upper hand and kill you. The problem is, most sabs like to to disguise themselves and then run into combat from the same direction as their teammates, which is an insta-givaway.

But either way, both the STA14 and LMG are badass guns and make the sab a deadly class even without disguise.

Dementia

I'm online now, where the hell is everyone?
Indifferent2.gif

Bajan32

Sorry I haven't been around guys.. I'm in the middle of finally takin on FFXII.. Bought it 3 years ago...bout time I do this.

See you guys in a few days? :D

I'm sensing some indifference above me...

FFObssessed said:
Does it beep three times then the power light keeps on flashing? That's what happened to mine.

Welcome to the club by the way.
Teh death club dun dun!
Yeah, that's exactly it. Apparently the cable that redirects heat away from the main chipset has de-soldered itself from the motherboard, and that causes the processor to overheat when I turn it on.

Where do you live, because I wanna stalk you I'm pretty sure you might be able to get yours repaired pretty cheap. If you live near the West Midlands, there's a place that should do it for about £35. I've been quoted £75 by a couple of places, but that's London for you. :lol

A.R.K

Dementia said:
I'm online now, where the hell is everyone?
Indifferent2.gif

hello to my kz brethren from Dubai airport :) waiting for next
flight... Man it was a looooong flight :/

catch you guys in a few weeks :)

Put this in for the first time in a month, first match was awesome, it was the desert level, all classes disabled thus no spawn points except for main base, I was like holy shit I been missing out, this is great.

Then the second match I went to play in a Redec Academy game, I got spawned, got killed, got spawned got killed in 5 seconds, spawned again this time I see 8 people hanging out in our spawn room. I faceplam at Guerilla and put the game back in the case.

Rapping Granny said:
Put this in for the first time in a month, first match was awesome, it was the desert level, all classes disabled thus no spawn points except for main base, I was like holy shit I been missing out, this is great.

Then the second match I went to play in a Redec Academy game, I got spawned, got killed, got spawned got killed in 5 seconds, spawned again this time I see 8 people hanging out in our spawn room. I faceplam at Guerilla and put the game back in the case.

They should maybe adopt an approach where some of the spawn rooms, especially in smaller maps, are protected by a one way door or something.

Kind of like how Team Fortress works (invisible walls/door/main base spawn is on a higher level than ground).

Or maybe also add stronger fire power in the spawn, maybe a heat seeking missile that fires if the enemy step in :p

Orrrr even just do what Team Fortress did to enemy grenades that land in the spawn, vaporizes them.

In saying all that TF2 removed grenades completely, they could just do that (I'd love the tears from grenade spammers).

All "unrealistic" approaches, but I also say fuck realism when frustration of spawn camping is in play.

Dynamic3

BradleyUK said:
Name of room: NeoGaf
Time: 9PM UK time/ 3PM Central USA
Date: 25/7/09
Password: neo
Maps: All the new editions to killzone 2 (6 maps)

Anyone want to join then?

I'm absurdly hungover but I think I can swing it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

You wouldn't get spawn camped if you play with teh clan.
Indifferent2.gif

Wowbagger

So, eh, when did it become acceptable to hide in your base with the propaganda speaker?

I started playing again yesterday, having finally gotten the new maps with the bundle (still kinda expensive compared to other games' DLC), and that has happened twice in just the first few matches versus just once in the hundreds I played before taking a break. Extra annoying since, both times, my team were making a comeback, going from having zero captures versus the enemy team just needing one more, to having one less than the enemy. Super extra annoying when host has set time limit to 30 minutes and you spend forever suiciding into the enemy base. :(

I wish the speaker would respawn if brought outside the zones used in Assassination.

Argh. I hate people who use rocket launchers. I have to make it a habit sending them a message telling them how garbage they are and have no skills whatsoever. They lag up the game. People who boost also lags.

Kittonwy

Banned
I don't know who kept fucking putting that spawn in the S&D ISA target room but he was screwing up my spawn rotation the whole time, like 4 games in a row, and then a couple of non-gaf motherfuckers kept giving up the kills.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom