• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

timkunedo

Well the new maps are just jaw dropping beautiful. I played a bit last night and a some this morning on skirmish mode so i could take my time and just look around without too much pressure. All i can say is freakin' WOW.

The only problem i had was locating the new weapons on the 2 newest maps. I know where they are, but i'm assuming they spawn on a timer? I never saw one where i thought they should be (near the blinking lights), but kept seeing a bot with one of them.

dazed808

Facism said:
Dazed you get the new maps? They any good?

Pretty much the same as the others, look fantastic but a bit small for my liking. Obviously the usual player count/framerate issues are all present and correct:lol

Wowbagger

Gonna be hard to get those boltgun/flamehrower trophies legitimately. In a small game, you run out of time, and in a big one, going for the weapon is suicide. :/

noah111

Still Alive
Wowbagger said:
Gonna be hard to get those boltgun/flamehrower trophies legitimately. In a small game, you run out of time, and in a big one, going for the weapon is suicide. :/
You could always create a game with bots in it and get those trophies that way, though the 5 wins in a round trophies need the game to have real people playing..

Dementia

Sentry said:
You could always create a game with bots in it and get those trophies that way, though the 5 wins in a round trophies need the game to have real people playing..
Don't you need to be in a ranked online match to get those monkey/junkie trophies?

noah111

Still Alive
Dementia said:
Don't you need to be in a ranked online match to get those monkey/junkie trophies?
The weapon trophies (get x kills with x weapon) don't need to be a ranked match, however they do need to be online, as in you won't get them by playing the skirmish mode offline. Just make the game open and have bots in it, and you'll get those trophies.. like i said though, the 'win 5 rounds of a match' trophies need to have real people playing in them/ranked IIRC.

BeeDog

Sentry said:
The weapon trophies (get x kills with x weapon) don't need to be a ranked match, however they do need to be online, as in you won't get them by playing the skirmish mode offline. Just make the game open and have bots in it, and you'll get those trophies.. like i said though, the 'win 5 rounds of a match' trophies need to have real people playing in them/ranked IIRC.

So you can't have the server closed/invite/friend only/PW/whatever?

noah111

Still Alive
BeeDog said:
So you can't have the server closed/invite/friend only/PW/whatever?
Not sure as I haven't tried it. Does it matter though? Just create a normal game with bots in it, it's not like people are going to join anyways :lol

SpiderJerusalem said:
Is the online a little wonky lately? I've been trying to go on the past few days and it keeps not letting me connect.

I kept getting disconnected yesterday as well. I wonder what is causing it, normally the online is perfect for me.

RavenFox

Banned
yankeehater said:
I kept getting disconnected yesterday as well. I wonder what is causing it, normally the online is perfect for me.
Something was definitely weird with the network yesterday. Didn't have a problem in KZ but when I went to look at my friends trophy list it gave an error.

Dementia

Sentry said:
Oh, cool. That should make that flamethrower junkie trophy a bit easier to acquire. Competing with 20 other people in a regular match who are also trying to get the trophy is a pain in the ass.

Wowbagger

Yeah, that's a nice tip, Sentry. Gonna try it out right now.

Five wins in a match is easy enough online. Seems at least half the matches I play end up with one team or the other winning by that amount.

Wowbagger said:

I got them legit but i'm made of win and awesome so it was easy.

Three times yesterday I got 50 kills in Suljeva Cliffside and never received the trophy. Anyone else having this problem or is it something random that I'm just not thinking about? I mean it seems pretty straightforward and I didn't have this problem in Arctower.

BeeDog

Just followed Sentry's advice, and created my own server with bots (I PW-locked it too). It worked, got the flamethrower/bolt gun trophies, and the 50 kills trophies too. Don't know if that works with the other two DLC3 trophies (the "win a round with minimum of 5 missions" ones).

user friendly: the 50 kills trophies are wonky, you need to kill more, and it will randomly pop up during the game (often way after the 50th mark).

jayb

Sentry said:

can this also be used to get the assassination defend ribbons? I only have three. :(

RefigeKru

Banned
I love 32 player Blood Gracht when we're all in the canal, passing the torch to one another.

At times I just sit back and look at the whole thing exploding from top to bottom. Awesome.

AwRy108

SpiderJerusalem said:
Is the online a little wonky lately? I've been trying to go on the past few days and it keeps not letting me connect.

Last night my game would randomly disconnect when it was at the "Syncing the Gameserver", and I'd be sent back to the main menu.

On a side note: I absolutely love KZ2 online, and it blows to see the PS3's piss-poor match-making abilities make it so difficult to coordinate with friends.

Massa

Man, I really hate trophies sometimes. Can barely find a game on the new maps and when you do the rounds are 30 minutes long just so people can get their trophies.

Really hope the next Killzone has a matchmaker that creates all ranked games with optimal settings instead of this "user customization" crap.

agaru

jayb said:
can this also be used to get the Assignation defend ribbons? I only have three. :(
No. All the online ribbons can only be obtained through playing in human-players-only rooms. I would suggest you use the search filter and search for assassination-only rooms with small size (2-8p). You'll always find a few games like that running. The search filter is very useful when it comes to playing exclusively for getting a certain ribbon/medal. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
user friendly said:
Three times yesterday I got 50 kills in Suljeva Cliffside and never received the trophy. Anyone else having this problem or is it something random that I'm just not thinking about? I mean it seems pretty straightforward and I didn't have this problem in Arctower.

It's because of how KZ2 tracks kills. For some reason bot kills and headshots give you +1 kills. It's really stupid how it's implemented in game, but you can check the battle replays for your actual kill count. Why they're different, who the fuck knows? It's completely ridiculous.

alr1ghtstart said:
It's because of how KZ2 tracks kills. For some reason bot kills and headshots give you +1 kills. It's really stupid how it's implemented in game, but you can check the battle replays for your actual kill count. Why they're different, who the fuck knows? It's completely ridiculous.

That makes sense. I'll just try it without using sentry's then. Thanks guys :)

Dementia

user friendly said:
That makes sense. I'll just try it without using sentry's then. Thanks guys :)
I think he means the points given by destoying a bot, not kills made by your bot/sentry. As far as I know kills made by your bot still count in the battle replay and your kill/death ratio.

Edit: Yeah, what he said. :)

noah111

Still Alive
No problem guys, but in order to get the other 2 trophies (win round with min 5 wins) you need to be in a ranked game, ie a game with bots + real people doesn't work, as i've just found out. Not a big deal since winning isn't hard, but the thing is there are no rooms playing the map!! Sooo few people are playing KZ2 these days it's sad.

jayb

AwRy108 said:
Last night my game would randomly disconnect when it was at the "Syncing the Gameserver", and I'd be sent back to the main menu.

On a side note: I absolutely love KZ2 online, and it blows to see the PS3's piss-poor match-making abilities make it so difficult to coordinate with friends.

how does the PS3 have poor match making abilities?

Wowbagger

Massa said:
Man, I really hate trophies sometimes. Can barely find a game on the new maps and when you do the rounds are 30 minutes long just so people can get their trophies.

Really hope the next Killzone has a matchmaker that creates all ranked games with optimal settings instead of this "user customization" crap.

Yeah, that'd be nice. And no more silly online trophies that make people play like retards (me included :/). The five wins in a match trophy is the type of online trophy we need more of.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wowbagger said:
Yeah, that'd be nice. And no more silly online trophies that make people play like retards (me included :/). The five wins in a match trophy is the type of online trophy we need more of.

Or dropping the completely like IW did in CoD4. ;)

Let the multiplayer stand on its own, I feel.

alr1ghtstart said:
Well, one way to see your actual kill count (this only works for bodycount) is to divide your mission points by two. That'll give you the number of kills made in the duration of the bodycount round.

Facism

dazed808 said:
Pretty much the same as the others, look fantastic but a bit small for my liking. Obviously the usual player count/framerate issues are all present and correct:lol

Ah that's a shame, maybe i'll be able to get on one night this week and see what the fuss is about D:

noah111

Still Alive
I'll try to get on as well, haven't actually played with real people in a while, so i'll probably suck. I want to get those 2 trophies already!

Sentry thank you so much for the tip about using bots. I was able to get all 4 trophies in no time today. What ever the problems were yesterday they seem to be fixed today, I just played like 3 hours and didnt get dropped once, while yesterday I couldnt get through one match.

Wowbagger

The bots are surprisingly good. Even seem to navigate Wasteland Bullet fairly well. They do place the occasional spawn the wrong way, though, heh.

Kittonwy

Banned
Facism said:
Ah that's a shame, maybe i'll be able to get on one night this week and see what the fuss is about D:

Facial come play tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

jared

Banned
BeeDog said:
Just followed Sentry's advice, and created my own server with bots (I PW-locked it too). It worked, got the flamethrower/bolt gun trophies, and the 50 kills trophies too. Don't know if that works with the other two DLC3 trophies (the "win a round with minimum of 5 missions" ones).

user friendly: the 50 kills trophies are wonky, you need to kill more, and it will randomly pop up during the game (often way after the 50th mark).

can you do that to get badges too? the engineer one isnt gonna work for me, neither is the airbot one.

Snipes424

jared said:
can you do that to get badges too? the engineer one isnt gonna work for me, neither is the airbot one.

Are you talking about the ribbons? I believe those require ranked matches. But the airbot one is pretty easy now, just make sure to take out enemy turrets and watch the kills roll in.

10dollas

Banned
Is it a sad state of affairs when through the TV the only person I can hear is lyulf and his shenanigans? Everyone else is largely inaudible and just static background noise to lyulf's flood of words.

So lyoops, these games were entertaining but disappointing. You shot at your teammates. You practiced ahkbinazad's ways of suicidal grenading, check. You verbally spanked every single player in the game room, check. But, you failed to wave your willy and twins in the face of your downed opponents. What has changed ??? :( Was disappointed to not see one teabag.

TheFatOne

10dollas said:
Is it a sad state of affairs when through the TV the only person I can hear is lyulf and his shenanigans? Everyone else is largely inaudible and just static background noise to lyulf's flood of words.

So lyoops, these games were entertaining but disappointing. You shot at your teammates. You practiced ahkbinazad's ways of suicidal grenading, check. You verbally spanked every single player in the game room, check. But, you failed to wave your willy and twins in the face of your downed opponents. What has changed ??? :( Was disappointed to not see one teabag.

Not enough time to teabag :lol usually people were coming at me all game. It sucks when you happen to be the person lagging throughout the games. I was shooting at people and they weren't going down till after I died. This game is so fucking frustrating when you are the one lagging :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
airbots <3

I almost feel guilty using them...almost. They're so ridiculously overpowered that you need to be an engineer so you can set a turret down to take them down.

Top Bottom