• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you get shot gunned from long range, that means you were probably already hurt. It has a huge spread, and if you're already injured, chances are you're going to get hit.

KillJade

Banned
Melfice7 said:
nop i should had mentioned full life too.. i cant be the only one?

Well, if he had any skill whatsoever, he was aiming for your head. Doesn't matter what weapon someone is using, if they get you in the melon, you're toast. Shotgun has a spread effect, meaning even if he was aiming lower, you may take a shot to the face.

untoldhero said:
How about members calling you out as trolling, which you are. It wasn't even constructive criticism so please kindly
GTFO.gif
I agree with this post. Although i am a junior, i have enough brains to call out a troll. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything.

ACE 1991 said:
Hmmm... I'm tempted to buy the map pack bundle that's now on (or coming to?) PSN. How's the most recent map pack?

Arc Tower landing is one of my favorite maps.

Sujeva Cliffside is ok but should never be played with 32 players. It's a complete clusterf$%k.

Fëanor

Arc Tower is a cluster fuck with 32 players too. I especially like people rushing for the bolt gun, that's completely suicide there.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Arc Tower landing is one of my favorite maps.

Sujeva Cliffside is ok but should never be played with 32 players. It's a complete clusterf$%k.
Specially when the flamethrower comes into play, holy shit what mess.
Sometimes in a good way!

Fëanor said:
Arc Tower is a cluster fuck with 32 players too. I especially like people rushing for the bolt gun, that's completely suicide there.

That's their own damn fault. I find it especially fun to sit on top of either roof and wait for them to come a running to their death.

YoungHav

Banned
KillJade said:
I liked them better on day one. Pisses me off that Guerrilla went out of their way to cater to the whiners with no skill.
:lol Agreed! Though I think Sony should really reboot the advertising for this game during the holiday.

F#A#Oo

Banned
YoungHav said:
:lol Agreed! Though I think Sony should really reboot the advertising for this game during the holiday.

MW2 will be out during the holidays...Killzone 2 and other FPS communities will be deserted for how ever long the MW2 effect lasts. Even after it's release I doubt the community will drop if anything the MW2 community will go from strength to strength for atleast 6 months to a year.

icechai

F#A#Oo said:
MW2 will be out during the holidays...Killzone 2 and other FPS communities will be deserted for how ever long the MW2 effect lasts. Even after it's release I doubt the community will drop if anything the MW2 community will go from strength to strength for atleast 6 months to a year.

yeah, unless mw2 and uncharted2 royally screw up mp, kz2 will definitely experience a drop in numbers. but there will probably still be active games going on, just look at Warhawk.

F#A#Oo

Banned
icechai said:
yeah, unless mw2 and uncharted2 royally screw up mp, kz2 will definitely experience a drop in numbers. but there will probably still be active games going on, just look at Warhawk.

I think Infinity ward would have to have screwed up pretty badly to put out something worse then CoD4...

Doc Evils

I played some Killzone 2 last night and I'm amazed how much the gameplay has improved with patches. Thanks to GG listening to fans.

There will always be a dedicated group of players that will play KZ2 all the way till KZ3 releases. Seems like KZ2's weekly numbers are around 130k and Im sure that will take a hit from all the holiday titles, but there will always be a KZ2 community.

Hell, I bet there will still a few thousand people play COD4 online at any time of the day even after MW2 releases.

Negaiido

F#A#Oo said:

COD4 is the most overhyped game of all time and thats what I really hate. I'm afraid MW2 won't be much different.

Mister D

brandumpling said:
What's the everyone's thoughts on the new maps?....I haven't played much of them cause BF 1943.

Sulveja Cliffs is a maze-like clusterfuck that benefits snipers and if a team setsup flying droids and hides on the far side sniping it becomes damn near impossible to get to them without getting shot to shit by the droids or sniped.

Arctower Landing is pretty cool though and has some nice close quarters combat areas and long distance shooting areas.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Negaiido said:
COD4 is the most overhyped game of all time and thats what I really hate. I'm afraid MW2 won't be much different.

Almost every game comes with hype nowadays. :D

The only difference is very few ever actually meet the hype or surpass it...

WJD

I'm not liking this first boss/flying/rocket ship thing.

Also, the aiming seems very off for me - I don't know whether its the PS3 controller or the settings on my axis, but I feel like I dont have enough precision over the crosshair. It can be quite irritating.

Negaiido

brandumpling said:
And KZ2 wasn't hyped?

Believe me, not as hyped as those two games. Everywhere I go everyone says: "MW2 GOTY, MW2 ROXXX YEAH!, COD4 I LOVE THIS GAME etc."

It makes me crazy and because I've played COD4 and seriously hate it I can't stand those people.

ACE 1991

FooFighter said:
I'm not liking this first boss/flying/rocket ship thing.

Also, the aiming seems very off for me - I don't know whether its the PS3 controller or the settings on my axis, but I feel like I dont have enough precision over the crosshair. It can be quite irritating.

I had the same problem, as did many others. You really just have to get used to it. the controls are much, much weightier than an FPS like Cod 4 or Halo. Play more tactically and pick your shots wisely.

TheOddOne

Negaiido said:
Believe me, not as hyped as those two games. Everywhere I go everyone says: "MW2 GOTY, MW2 ROXXX YEAH!, COD4 I LOVE THIS GAME etc."

It makes me crazy and because I've played COD4 and seriously hate it I can't stand those people.

Trust there was bigger hype for Killzone. COD 4 is a amazing game when released, nobody really expected it. And for the record Modern Warfare 2 does look amazing and i'll buy it day one.

WJD

ACE 1991 said:
I had the same problem, as did many others. You really just have to get used to it. the controls are much, much weightier than an FPS like Cod 4 or Halo. Play more tactically and pick your shots wisely.

Yeah, I've pretty much adapted to that now. I rarely fire my fun unless there's a good chance of me getting a headshot.

mr_nothin

Banned
brandumpling said:
This thread alone had about 150 pages in it before the game was even released....thats some mother fucking hype.
It's not just the pre-hype that makes COD4 'overhyped'.

I'm guessing he means overrated. COD4 is hailed as the perfect fps that all other games should follow. The game has great features that make the experience very smooth but the actual gameplay isnt all that great. Everytime a new fps comes out....people try it for a 1 level or just an hour and then say...this is lame....it's not like COD4....I'm going back to COD4.

personally i love both games....i put in over 13 days of playtime in KZ2 and over 20 into COD4. Ive never put as much time into a game as with KZ2 and COD4.....

I like that they are different....they are a good change of pace from each other.

Negaiido

mr_nothin said:
It's not just the pre-hype that makes COD4 'overhyped'.

I'm guessing he means overrated. COD4 is hailed as the perfect fps that all other games should follow. The game has great features that make the experience very smooth but the actual gameplay isnt all that great. Everytime a new fps comes out....people try it for a 1 level or just an hour and then say...this is lame....it's not like COD4....I'm going back to COD4.

I mean both overrated and overhyped :p
But yeah I actually meant overrated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
brandumpling said:
Maybe it's just me, but nothing compares to the original 8 maps this game shipped with.

Radec and Salamun are some of the best MP maps ever!!

Radec is the worst map in the game. Why people play it all the time, I'll never know.

Negaiido said:

Honestly if sites like gametrailers give mw2 goty over killzone 2 and uncharted 2, thats straight up bias. Uncharted 2 so deserves it, i can say this with confidence from playing the beta

test_account

XP-39C²
I guess that i am quite late with saying this, and i guess that this might have been discussed earlier (unfortunately i havnt really followed this thread that much lately), but i just wanted to say that the non-invisible spawn points that were added in an update patch a while ago actually worked out better than i first thought :)

I first thought that if they added non-invisible spawn points to Killzone 2, that many people would stand around these spawn points and waiting for people to spawn to get easy kills. This does happend sometimes though, and i do it myself as well to be honest by throwing some C4 around the spawn point or waiting for people to spawn so i can shoot them. I dont do this all the time just so that is said, i try to be a bit fair let people spawn, but some times i do it, and i think that it can be a good strategy to hold people away from the "Search & Destroy" places etc. But i was actually a bit surprised that the non-invincible spawn points works quite good actually, at least in my opinion.

After my experience, the non-invincible spawn ponts certaintly decreased the numbers of "cluster fucks" quite a bit. I never really minded the cluster fucks that much to begin with (well, maybe with some exceptions, the cluster fucks might have been annoying some times), but still, i like that there are less cluster fucks now at least :)

I mostly play on the smaller maps though, like Radec Academy and Tharis Depot, so if one of my team's spawn points should become rather useless if people stand around it and/or plants C4 around the spawn point, then there isnt a too far way to go to the point that i want to go to (or trying to get to) because that the maps are rather small to begin with. But it might suck a bit more if spawn points become rather useless on bigger maps like Pyrrhus Rise for example. Then there might be a longer way to run if a spawn point becomes rather useless.

But overall i must say that i am happy with the non-invicible spawn points in Killzone 2 :) I just wanted to share my thought on this, because i discussded earlier before they released the update patch that added the non-invincible spawn points if non-invincible spawn points would be a good thing or a bad thing.

CrushDance said:
My TV is dead and I don't have enough money yet(probably in a month) ;_;
Ah ok, i am sorry to hear that :(

I am sorry for the very late reply here by the way, almost a 2 week late answer hehe, sorry :( I sometimes get lazy and i dont get around to answer before it has gone days or weeks, and sometimes even months, i am sorry :(

jayb

alr1ghtstart said:
Radec is the worst map in the game. Why people play it all the time, I'll never know.

i think most play those Radec 32 player BC servers to pad their weekly points total.

test_account

XP-39C²
alr1ghtstart said:
Why worse? I know that it is a matter of taste though, but i am just wondering :)

Personally i think that Radec Academy is one of the best maps in Killzone 2 because the map is small, so i dont have walk or run too much before i meet up with the enemy, and i also like the lighting in the level.

Radec Academy is probably the level in Killzone 2 with the most "smooth/simple" surfaces as well. I mean, most of the the walls and floors etc. are made of stone/concrete (or something) plates. In other levels there might be more steel bars or pipes at the walls, and more rocky/muddy grounds etc. I like both of these things though, so i am not saying anything negative about the other levels in Killzone 2, but i must say that i like the "smooth/simple" surface in the Radec Academy level :)

Top Bottom