• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Xenomorph

Banned
damaster129 said:
Is that fan made? Why does it say killzone 3, but have ign in the corner? I know for sure killzone 3 wasnt announced/confirmed.

That's old Killzone 2 concept art. It was the original idea for the intruder but dropped it for a more robust and "ghetto" design to fit in with the gritty and realistic approach they were going for.

I'm fucking stoked, tomorrow I finally get my PS3 repaired and I'll finally be back in the killzone. I literally struggled through these two weeks without it; playing some Super Mario Bros. on GBC was not as fulfilling as I'd hoped :lol I literally don't understand how FFO can survive this long without his...

And here's a reminder for everyone to visit this thread, and kudos the OP: http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=352041&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Kittonwy

Banned
Come on guyz KZ2 pew pew.
Indifferent2.gif

icechai

gg guys, jeez that one shotgunner on their other team whined like crazy lol, after everytime i kill him "but i shot him in the head with my shotty!!"

Kittonwy

Banned
That clan we play against was fucking hilarious, yeah that guy was like "that little fucking kitton coward shot me in the back!"
Indifferent2.gif

Thanks to everyone for showing up, good turnout tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
That clan we play against was fucking hilarious, yeah that guy was like "that little fucking kitton coward shot me in the back!"
Indifferent2.gif

Thanks to everyone for showing up, good turnout tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

I didn't understand that guy. I shoot him from behind and he calls me a coward. I shoot him from anywhere else and I am a shotgun whore :lol It was funny because most of it started because I was making fun of cj and aj. The guy thought I was making fun of him :lol

Dementia said:
Ugh, I wanna play.

Amazon's super saver shipping better not take half as long to ship my controller as they're estimating.
Indifferent2.gif

anyone else having way more fun when that capt_suckhead guy isnt playin with us?:D

TheFatOne

To be honest guys I complain and talk way to much. So I am going to start to tone it down. I am just going to play quieter from now on, and not smack talk so much anymore.

TheFatOne said:
To be honest guys I complain and talk way to much. So I am going to start to tone it down. I am just going to play quieter from now on, and not smack talk so much anymore.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol sure u will :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

also that butters guy has sent me 3 hate messages already:lol

Firewire

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
anyone else having way more fun when that capt_suckhead guy isnt playin with us?:D

:lol

Anyways thanks for all the apologies last night after you shot me. And all the baiting about me coming over just to talk was great and all but you guys kept shooting me! That wasn't very nice! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:

Anyways thanks for all the apologies last night after you shot me. And all the baiting about me coming over just to talk was great and all but you guys kept shooting me! That wasn't very nice! :lol

I felt bad you were stuck on the other team playing with that whiner clan. I was just kind of sitting back watching Lyulf and Aj just took you guys apart while I kept throwing spawns inside your base lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Facism

^ :lol

We should get some games in Sunday night, GAFe. I'll available 10pm onwards. Lets do this shit and roll back into town.

Bajan32

Firewire said:

Yeah sucks you were stuck on that other team...but damn that was funny... "We just wanna talk Spartan!!!"

ACE 1991

Hm... I'm really considering getting into the multiplayer portion of this game. I've dabbled in it, but have never really devoted my game time to it.

icechai

ACE 1991 said:
Hm... I'm really considering getting into the multiplayer portion of this game. I've dabbled in it, but have never really devoted my game time to it.

well, seems most of us in this thread that play it end up accumulating hundreds of hours into it... so might not be that objective... but ITS THE FRIGGIN BEST CONSOLE FPS MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE!!! :p once you can handle the controls and realize its not as easy as other recent FPS games, you'll love it.

Great game online. Honestly, the hype i had for the game before it came out was MAD high. when the game is in your hands for the first few games its like "drooooool", but after the graphics and first appeal go away, it gets a bit boring. The lack of TRUE party system really hinder it. Also, they need to buff the saboteur, his cloak sucks. I always thought of giving him the m32 knife, but only when hes disguised. The most used classes in the following order are: Engineer, Tactician, Medic. The other 3 arent as important( assault is often banned, people dont snipe often and as i said saboteurs ability sucks, but people like me pick him for the sTa 14. Shit is rape in the right hands.

icechai

damaster129 said:
Great game online. Honestly, the hype i had for the game before it came out was MAD high. when the game is in your hands for the first few games its like "drooooool", but after the graphics and first appeal go away, it gets a bit boring. The lack of TRUE party system really hinder it. Also, they need to buff the saboteur, his cloak sucks. I always thought of giving him the m32 knife, but only when hes disguised. The most used classes in the following order are: Engineer, Tactician, Medic. The other 3 arent as important( assault is often banned, people dont snipe often and as i said saboteurs ability sucks, but people like me pick him for the sTa 14. Shit is rape in the right hands.

sniper is a great option due to his cloak in search and destroy. Also some people are great at hiding and popping people when they're doing objectives.

But saboteurs are pretty useless in most matches except for kicks with the sta 14. They would be better if they weren't dark when standing still, only have the lights go off when they move or shoot.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What should I play next?

I love this game so much. Had more fun with Killzone 2's single player than with COD4 and MGS4.

My backlog is huge.

Dementia

haldalish said:
have they toned down damage given by air bots? i stopped playign when they patched it to make the air bots annoying
Nope. But they have reverted the damage it takes to destroy them back to the original amount. As long as your team has some decent engineers maintaining turrets they really aren't much of a problem.

icechai

velvet_nitemare said:
So how friendly is this game for begginers? Had it since launch, played a few games then promptly dropped it for school stuff.

beginner at shooters? pretty tough, very unforgiving aim assist compared to other console outings. However if you've played CS ever, you'll handle it quite well. It does a good job of handholding you and not revealing the classes as you play (you need to kill like 20 people before you unlock the medic -ish).

Internet Celebrity said:
I'm fucking stoked, tomorrow I finally get my PS3 repaired and I'll finally be back in the killzone. I literally struggled through these two weeks without it; playing some Super Mario Bros. on GBC was not as fulfilling as I'd hoped :lol I literally don't understand how FFO can survive this long without his...

And here's a reminder for everyone to visit this thread, and kudos the OP: http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=352041&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thanks for the link, I would love dedicated rooms. Especially if they had rooms for each gametype.

Xenomorph

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
So which of the map packs would you guys recommend?

And can a brother get an invite to the gaf clan?

All of them. Flash & Thunder if you want cool maps, and Napalm and Cordite for the boltgun and flamethrower exclusive levels.

Xenomorph said:
All of them. Flash & Thunder if you want cool maps, and Napalm and Cordite for the boltgun and flamethrower exclusive levels.

Yeah I also think that all the DLC maps are great. There really isnt a bad one in the bunch.

timkunedo

Played all of the new maps last night with a buddy and had a blast. I've got to say that Southern Hills so far is my favorite. Totally forgot about the nuclear explosion the first time. :lol
So awesome!!

icechai

yankeehater said:
Yeah I also think that all the DLC maps are great. There really isnt a bad one in the bunch.

the first dlc map pack doesn't have to exist :p the other 2 are great, good thing the bundle gives you the 1st one for free.

ACE 1991

Hm... Anyone know of any good killzone 2 multiplayer montages/frag videos?? I'm in the mood to watch one, but youtube isn't yielding anything interesting.

Also, is there a NA casual clan of sorts? I really want to get into the MP side of things, but need a group of people to play with.

Top Bottom