• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
dwin45 said:
I already bought that map pack. I'm talking about the one with the bolt gun and the flame thrower. Are there still a lot of people playing on that one?

Yeah you can find people playing those, the sujeva map is pretty cool, search and retrieve is intense on that one.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG Bajan and VectorRaven, the teams were pretty bad, it pissed me off seeing spawns facing the wrong way, couldn't believe we lost that S&D defense in the last 50 sec. We need to start playing some tournaments or somethin.
Indifferent2.gif

dralla

I feel like I have to play tactician at all times because either no one else likes to or they have no idea how to use the SP properly.

Bajan32

Yeah good games tonite sorry I couldn't do more than a few games.. Had to run out >.<

Yeah kitton I can't believe we lost that s&d. But o well.

dralla said:
I feel like I have to play tactician at all times because either no one else likes to or they have no idea how to use the SP properly.
But what else is there to use, really?

None of the other classes feel like they make as big an impact on your team.

d0g_bear

- possible thread derail -
I traded in my copy of KZ2 for a pre-order of Modern Warfare 2. I just reached that point where you feel like you've played every possible game combination, and now its just repetition and refinement.

Are any of you going to keep playing after MW2 is out? What keeps you coming back to a shooter like this?

Facism

When FFO gets his ps3 slim we're looking to get some KZ2 sessions in for those of us who have left KZ2 alone for a good while. I'm getting another itch for it :)

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
When FFO gets his ps3 slim we're looking to get some KZ2 sessions in for those of us who have left KZ2 alone for a good while. I'm getting another itch for it :)
Wasn't it a couple of weeks ago you promised to play Sunday night? I saw you playing FIFA 09 instead. :p

agaru

Internet Celebrity said:
But what else is there to use, really?

None of the other classes feel like they make as big an impact on your team.
Engineer.

2nd most important class after the Tactician, imo. A good engineer can make a huge impact on the battlefield with thoughtful placements of turrets + repairing as many ammo crates/damaged turrets/broken mounted guns as possible + his beastly shotgun for CQ battles. The engineer is a perfect defender, and when used well he can actually become the real Assault class.

RavenFox

Banned
Kittonwy said:
GG Bajan and VectorRaven, the teams were pretty bad, it pissed me off seeing spawns facing the wrong way, couldn't believe we lost that S&D defense in the last 50 sec. We need to start playing some tournaments or somethin.
Indifferent2.gif
Yeah I'm with you bro.fuckers still don't know how to drop spawns.
Indifferent2.gif

The past couple of days I tried playing I kept getting kicked with the 8013 and 4012 errors. Couldn't stay in a game for more than 5 minutes.

Arctower is the best map btw, if you haven't picked it up, I highly recommend it.

Facism

-viper- said:
Wasn't it a couple of weeks ago you promised to play Sunday night? I saw you playing FIFA 09 instead. :p

we played earlier today. first game in months. dave, jardel and i playing 5v10 tdm and we still won. one guy kept raging at me 'your clan is shit i fucking hate you but you're a great player' :lol

was fun will probably play some more tonight

Violater

RavenFox said:
Yeah I'm with you bro.fuckers still don't know how to drop spawns.
Indifferent2.gif

Then why not play as tactician?
If I am on a team and the tac is playing shitty, I just respawn and take over.
I never understood how people complain about this over and over.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Violater said:

You can't stop them from throwing spawns. Some noobs just throw the spawn as soon as it comes up.

commish

alr1ghtstart said:
Because you're limited to 2 spawns out at a time. One person can ruin the entire game for a team.

Exactly what I'm saying. I tried to come back to KZ2, and the dumb tacts just drove me over the edge. Problem is even worse with no invincibility.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I mostly just play gaf games, where there is always a competent tact, and if I want to play public, bodycount it is.

Massa

commish said:
Exactly what I'm saying. I tried to come back to KZ2, and the dumb tacts just drove me over the edge. Problem is even worse with no invincibility.

Play with different people then. If you're playing public games you have to stick to bodycount only.

Edit: beaten. :lol

Violater

commish said:
You can't stop them from throwing spawns. Some noobs just throw the spawn as soon as it comes up.

This is why I don't play games with randoms with any serious intent.
And if I am then I hunt the noob down scream at him and if that doesn't work hopefully TK is on :lol
Edit: so true this is why I mostly play bodycount
Been trying to get into some gaf games but you guys play at odd hours.

commish

alr1ghtstart said:
I mostly just play gaf games, where there is always a competent tact, and if I want to play public, bodycount it is.

Yeah I need to go back to BC.

Kydd BlaZe

AranhaHunter said:
I thought the slim came out September 1st?
Nope. Got mine right here. Waiting to get off work, so I can hook this bad boy up.

Only a few retailers are getting them early (limited amounts). Best Buy and Gamestop are the only two retail chains I can think of at the moment that actually have them. I got mine from Best Buy.

Bajan32

alr1ghtstart said:

commish said:
Yeah I need to go back to BC.

I used to play Tact mostly, then i started playing with GAF, I'm actually a good Tact, but i let kitton drop spawns. I now mostly play engineer. I guarantee you playing with the GAF crew makes this game way more fun.

I play with randoms when GAF aint around, win some lose some, whatever. I really only give a shit about winning when im playing with a few guys in the clan. I def became a better player cuz of it. not as good as some of the clan but still. I'll never know why so many tacts havent figured out how the spawns work yet tho. lol

A.R.K

Hi guys back from my vacation. Are GAF games still going strong? :) Any late night games these days? I would probably be able to join after 10pm PST cuz of kids. See you guys online.

Kittonwy

Banned
Violater said:

I do play as tactician, you can't do anything if the other tact is taking every single spawn that comes up and placing them the wrong way, it doesn't happen as often when we have a couple of full squads from the clan but then last night we had 3 people playing and there's not much we can do.
Indifferent2.gif

I want to join the new clan??? i jumped on the other night but mostly just got everyone talking crap and wanting to kill me, yeah, FatOne just goes for me all the time!! So maybe if im in the clan I can have more fun playing with you guys. And watch out, i finally got the c4, so its my turn to be planting those damn things.

Rikyfree

agaru said:
Engineer.

2nd most important class after the Tactician, imo. A good engineer can make a huge impact on the battlefield with thoughtful placements of turrets + repairing as many ammo crates/damaged turrets/broken mounted guns as possible + his beastly shotgun for CQ battles. The engineer is a perfect defender, and when used well he can actually become the real Assault class.
Hey now, the medic is pretty important too if you ask me. I've saved quite a few assassinations, capture and holds and search and retrieves just by using a single revive.

hteng

Banned
played the game after like 3 months hiatus, unlocking stuff is still bullshit stupid. I went into a pistol game, got bout 40 pistol kills, at the end of the game, the host fucking disconnected right before the statistic comes up, in the end i didn't get my ribbon and time wasted, same fucking deal happened in another game, host just disconnects when his team lost.

Why can't GG remove the ribbon requirements, make it so you will unlock them eventually if you play long enough, not this do 10 melee kill in 1 game to get ribbon, if not you get nothing.

charging for the maps were a stupid idea too, i dont see alot of people playin those maps.

Kittonwy

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
I want to join the new clan??? i jumped on the other night but mostly just got everyone talking crap and wanting to kill me, yeah, FatOne just goes for me all the time!! So maybe if im in the clan I can have more fun playing with you guys. And watch out, i finally got the c4, so its my turn to be planting those damn things.

Talk to Raist, he's the clan leader, we've got a number of inactive members but I can't remove them.
Indifferent2.gif

Kydd BlaZe

Spent an entire afternoon/night indulging in bloody, visceral, graphical pleasure. I think I have a new favorite game this generation...

Medics are very important but have to be used in squads. The squad leader spawning ability plus medic backup healing ppl keeps a squad kicking ass.

Az

Medics please use your fucking "healer". I get shot see 5 medics running around me and no one bothers to stop for a second and make some points off me.

I just bought the new maps and I am enjoying them more than I thought. The old GAF east clan is not active anymore and I haven't seen FFO around to play with someone. So guys add me I want to join some serious GAF games and hear some of your voices.

KZObsessed

TheAzRim said:
Medics please use your fucking "healer". I get shot see 5 medics running around me and no one bothers to stop for a second and make some points off me.

I just bought the new maps and I am enjoying them more than I thought. The old GAF east clan is not active anymore and I haven't seen FFO around to play with someone. So guys add me I want to join some serious GAF games and hear some of your voices.

Sorry. My PS3 has been dead for a couple of months. will be buying the Slim soonish tho and then back into KZ2 :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
but really though, fuck the medics. Don't revive me unless I'm protecting a spot (assassination, cap/hold, search/retrieve on CC).

Top Bottom