• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Rikyfree

whitehawk said:
I played the demo. There was nothing special about it. I'd probably rent it and beat it, but I doubt I would play it at all after that. The controls weren't sharp, and it sort of felt like an interactive movie. Which could have been a good thing, but too much was focused on the movie part, not enough on the game play.
Umm yea, the demo controls NOTHING like the full game after the latest patch.

ZZMitch

Holy Crap, just got my first PS3 a few days ago and have been playing Killzone 2...

I am on the last level right now and it is crazy hard!

Any tips for the last level? (I am at the part where you are on the second floor fighting Radecs waves).

ZZMitch said:
Holy Crap, just got my first PS3 a few days ago and have been playing Killzone 2...

I am on the last level right now and it is crazy hard!

Any tips for the last level? (I am at the part where you are on the second floor fighting Radecs waves).

Knife is your best friend.

Thrakier said:
Don't repair a YLOD. Don't do it. Never. It will die again. And again. And again. Buy a slim and forget your 60gig.
I know, I've alreayd got it repaired once (two weeks ago actually). I got it done again for free this time. Anyway, it's Gamestation's problem now :lol

I also preordered my slim, but I probably won't be able to pay for it until Thursday. This wait is going to be the most painful methinks. After that there has to be a GAFe vs. VGE0 match. You guys have enough active members for at least a good 6v6.

Rapping Granny said:
WTF?? just popped this in just for the shit n giggles, and it clicked again, I am fucking addicted now. sheeeeettttt I am back!
Internet Celebrity said:
:lol We'll see how long this lasts.
Rapping Granny said:
Lost every match tonight,I can blame it on these major flaws that should have been fixed months ago such as spawn killing, unbalanced teams, overpowered shotgun and everyone whoring it, death lag seems to be back from the beta, and of course NOW IT TAKES A FUCKING DECADE FOR THE DAMN GAME TO LOAD UP.

My point is that Guerilla is fucking retarted and everytime they touch the MP, they end up making it worse. And I hope KZ3 is getting developed by someone else right now, anyone except for GG, hell I'll take the fucking Resistance team.
lol

Firewire

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
I expected great sales in Netherlands, but 80k is an extremely high number for such a market.

How many people in the Netherlands anyways?

They are my kind of people, well except for the funny looking shoes.

No_Style

Internet Celebrity said:
And the rest are from Killionaire, seriously what the fuck?!! He's at 843708 points, and has almost 50 days worth (1200 hours) of playtime. Who actually has that much time on their hands?

It could be multiple people playing the same account. My bro and I are pouring our efforts together in hopes of maxing out the prestige in COD4 before MW2 comes.

Thrakier

FFObsessed said:
Most of those 21 million hours are me and Lince :lol

Glad to see KZ2 do so well.

LINCE LINCE LINCE LINCE LINCE LINCE! IS THIS ALL YOU CAN TALK ABOUT! YOU'R NOT A MAN U R A PUSSY!

I guess the sells will get better when the slim is on the market. Lots of new harcore useres buying hardcore games like KZ2.

beast786

No one congratulated me on my commander in chief badge: 425 online hours
17.gif

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Most of those 21 million hours are me and Lince :lol

Glad to see KZ2 do so well.

let's make it 40 million when you get your Slim :D

congrats beast, I stopped playing when FFO abandoned me at roughly 500 hours of playtime together.

Robot 492

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
And the rest are from Killionaire, seriously what the fuck?!! He's at 843708 points, and has almost 50 days worth (1200 hours) of playtime. Who actually has that much time on their hands?
I'm 99% sure he has other people play on his account. It would be pretty impossible to log that many hours into KZ2.

timkunedo

Really hope i get some more KZ2 multiplayer time in this weekend. I suck so.....Bring it on bots!:lol If i get brave enough some day maybe i'll go online and be gaf fodder for a bit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
timkunedo said:
Really hope i get some more KZ2 multiplayer time in this weekend. I suck so.....Bring it on bots!:lol If i get brave enough some day maybe i'll go online and be gaf fodder for a bit.

i would love to kill you.

Replaying this right now and damn, does it still look amazing!!!

Also started MP (somehow was never really interested in it before). Maybe some general tips you guys want to share? My bodycount was good, but my teamplay was lacking I gues...

schennmu said:
Replaying this right now and damn, does it still look amazing!!!

Also started MP (somehow was never really interested in it before). Maybe some general tips you guys want to share? My bodycount was good, but my teamplay was lacking I gues...

Learn to use M-82 and the scopeless machine gun. Also, learn to use both without zooming, firing only from your hip. Those are the best beginner weapons. You can also experiment with pew-pew as well, on bigger maps. I advise against using the SMG, because although it is devestating in close range, it has certain flaws that makes it's usage quite hard on certain occasions. Also, if you have time, get the revolver. It's an extremely powerful weapon if you know how to use it.

Play on maps with a maximum of 16 players, with the assault class completely shut off (to prevent the usage of imba boost and the inevitable shotgun+boost players). Stick to your region. Lag can easily brake your experience (because you WILL fail at shooting targets not to far away and ask yourself how the hell did you have 3:1 KDR in the last game and you can't even maintain proper 1:1 in this one). Lag is your friend only if you use the shotgun (and, ESPECIALLY, if you use shotgun + boost).

If you want team play, stick with clans. Team play is something that you will find very rarely on random games.

Don't use melee on maps with a large amount of players. The lag will make your melee hits very rare and it will be practically useless.

Mute everybody (or, if you want to have a slight advantage, don't mute your opponents, because their chat will also reveal their position). Use custom soundtrack.

I just bought this game about a week ago but I haven't popped it in yet.

How much has this game changed from launch till now? All this patch talk worries me that this game wasn't that great to begin with..

Rikyfree

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I just bought this game about a week ago but I haven't popped it in yet.

How much has this game changed from launch till now? All this patch talk worries me that this game wasn't that great to begin with..
The game was great, just some people could not get used to the controls since there was alot more emphasis on weight and acceleration in maneuverability. But now since they have patched it it is more accessible to the arcade shooter crowd than originally intended.

Rapping Granny said:
Is my disc scratched or what? WHY THE FUCK DOES IT TAKE 5 MINUTES FOR MATCH/MAP TO LOAD NOW??

Uh, the loading times are pretty long, but they aren't 5 minutes long.
If my sarcasm detection failed - yes, they do take long to load... too long.

Lagspike_exe said:
Learn to use M-82 and the scopeless machine gun. Also, learn to use both without zooming, firing only from your hip. Those are the best beginner weapons. You can also experiment with pew-pew as well, on bigger maps. I advise against using the SMG, because although it is devestating in close range, it has certain flaws that makes it's usage quite hard on certain occasions. Also, if you have time, get the revolver. It's an extremely powerful weapon if you know how to use it.

Play on maps with a maximum of 16 players, with the assault class completely shut off (to prevent the usage of imba boost and the inevitable shotgun+boost players). Stick to your region. Lag can easily brake your experience (because you WILL fail at shooting targets not to far away and ask yourself how the hell did you have 3:1 KDR in the last game and you can't even maintain proper 1:1 in this one). Lag is your friend only if you use the shotgun (and, ESPECIALLY, if you use shotgun + boost).

If you want team play, stick with clans. Team play is something that you will find very rarely on random games.

Don't use melee on maps with a large amount of players. The lag will make your melee hits very rare and it will be practically useless.

Mute everybody (or, if you want to have a slight advantage, don't mute your opponents, because their chat will also reveal their position). Use custom soundtrack.

Great man, thanks! :)

TheFatOne

schennmu said:
Great man, thanks! :)

Let me add a thing or two. The M4 should be required. Don't think twice just get the revolver. It is the second best weapon in the game. Also try using the shotgun. It is extremely powerful in this game. The shotgun at close range is devastating. Remember all you need is one shot with the shotgun up close. You can take a good amount of bullets up close, but the enemy can only take one shotgun blast. Make the shot count when you are up close. When you use the shotgun be patient. Just look for the one good shot. Experiment with the bots. Try using them in different areas. Bots are powerful when used correctly. A note about C4. Instead of placing C4 on the ground above a door place it above the door. That way it isn't obvious that you have C4 in that spot.

Play against other gafers. The fastest way to get better in mp is to play against great players. Pay close attention to the other gafers. You can always learn a new spot for bots, spawns, etc.. by watching other gafers play. Be careful though not all gafers are good
Kittonwy, FFO, Lince, AJ, and pretty much all of the original GAFe members are awful don't copy anything they do

Rapping Granny said:
Is my disc scratched or what? WHY THE FUCK DOES IT TAKE 5 MINUTES FOR MATCH/MAP TO LOAD NOW??

:lol

TheFatOne said:
Let me add a thing or two. The M4 should be required. Don't think twice just get the revolver. It is the second best weapon in the game. Also try using the shotgun. It is extremely powerful in this game. The shotgun at close range is devastating. Remember all you need is one shot with the shotgun up close. You can take a good amount of bullets up close, but the enemy can only take one shotgun blast. Make the shot count when you are up close. When you use the shotgun be patient. Just look for the one good shot. Experiment with the bots. Try using them in different areas. Bots are powerful when used correctly. A note about C4. Instead of placing C4 on the ground above a door place it above the door. That way it isn't obvious that you have C4 in that spot.

Play against other gafers. The fastest way to get better in mp is to play against great players. Pay close attention to the other gafers. You can always learn a new spot for bots, spawns, etc.. by watching other gafers play. Be careful though not all gafers are good
Kittonwy, FFO, Lince, AJ, and pretty much all of the original GAFe members are awful don't copy anything they do

:lol

Thanks to you as well! So
Kittonwy
sucks? :lol

JB1981

Rapping Granny said:
Lost every match tonight,I can blame it on these major flaws that should have been fixed months ago such as spawn killing, unbalanced teams, overpowered shotgun and everyone whoring it, death lag seems to be back from the beta, and of course NOW IT TAKES A FUCKING DECADE FOR THE DAMN GAME TO LOAD UP.

My point is that Guerilla is fucking retarted and everytime they touch the MP, they end up making it worse. And I hope KZ3 is getting developed by someone else right now, anyone except for GG, hell I'll take the fucking Resistance team.

It's a horribly frustrating game.

Just started this on my new slim.

Question for everyone, I seem to be getting a little slowdown any time that the Loading test appears up in the corner. Is that normal?

beast786

I am this >....< close to not playing KZ clan match again. The cheat during search and retrive about hidding in your base is BS. How com they dont have the area limit like they do in assasination.

RAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom